Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

https://twitter.com/JefinhoMenes/status/1192475394072612864

Basically he cowardly offended Glenn, Glenn called him a coward, he got mad and slapped Glenn

What were they honestly expecting when they put those two together, especially after Nunes tried to get Family Court to take David and Glenn's kids away lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Plutonis posted:

What were they honestly expecting when they put those two together, especially after Nunes tried to get Family Court to take David and Glenn's kids away lol

It was a trap to Glenn, he didint knew Nunes would be there

Probably they expected Glenn to lose his mind and do something dumb. It kinda backfired

Kinda of, because that means audience for that lovely show anyway (their audience loves this kind of thing), and the right is cheering Nunes for hitting one of their most hated enemies

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Hashtags praising and supporting Nunes are exploding. Loon guru Olavo de Carvalho has tweeted that Glenn should have been killed, not slapped, but he'll take it.

Panico is a cesspit. Perhaps the best example of an ostensibly 'civilized' host, Emilio Surita, using phony love of free speech to boost every frothing maniac he can get on air.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
wait... who were these two again?

e: i mean i know who glenn is, but whos that other guiy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1192427979873439746

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

I'm not sure this makes any sense, his appearances on Jovem Pan are *completely different* from his appearances on Fox News. See what I said here, months ago:

Symbolic Butt posted:

I feel like he at least implicitly condones this kinda conservative narrative by going on Carlson to smile and agree when Carlson frames the whole "deplatforming right-wingers" as PC culture going wrong. Like yeah, I really want to give Greenwald some credit here but I don't know, being so chummy with Tucker Carlson feels like stepping on very thin ice to me.

But my point was that, in contrast, he's very different here in Brazil. He often goes to right-wingers radio shows like Jovem Pan to actively disagree and debate them. He does not identify himself with them in any way, it's a very different attitude.

I'm not surprised at all it got physical, Jovem Pan and all people involved are total scum.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
btw nobody mentioned it here but lava-jato almost put Dilma in jail this week for uh... "preventive reasons"? :rolleyes:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

btw nobody mentioned it here but lava-jato almost put Dilma in jail this week for uh... "preventive reasons"? :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was freaky. A separate inquiry in which she's not even cited just threw it out there, for no reason. But it got lost in the daily torrent of sewage.

Personal Anecdote:

I used to work at financial paper Gazeta Mercantil, which also employed Augusto Nunes. My main memory of him was me and a friend editing a special issue, and him just hovering around the office, bothering us talking crap about how World War 2 was fought against the lesser fascists, the real ones being the reds.

He'd make a run for the restroom every 20 minutes or so, and come back sniffling and firing even more gibberish while we tried to politely ignore him and do our jobs. I don't know poo poo about cocaine, but his favorite brand must have been really poo poo to be all paranoia and no joy.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
well, cocaine can't fix a lovely personality no matter the quolity

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Goods chances of Lula going out of the prison today

I have no idea what will happen in this country if he does

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Me neither.
On the one hand, it's kind of good that some heads are trying to steer things back into some sense of sanity;
On the other, this will be the excuse for the chuds to go even more apeshit and completely break with the system. Not that they need much, but....

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

Insha'Allah

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yay! :confuoot:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man it's already hard and rare when corrupt fuckers go to jail now its going to be even more so lol

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

frajaq posted:

man it's already hard and rare when corrupt fuckers go to jail now its going to be even more so lol

they changed the interpretation of the law just to put Lula in prison, it's disingenuous to argue it's about anything else

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
As if what was preventing the vast majority of corrupt politicians from going to jail was this decision.

This prison after 1st appeal decision was tailor made to arrest Lula, and now it's being undone.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What makes so hard and rare that politicians go to jail in Brazil is the fact they are usually protected by the other politicians and the judiciary, except when they dont, for one reason or another (usually political reasons)

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
freeing political prisoner is bad for Number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tbyQmri9Q

frajaq posted:

I'm Michel Temer.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

frajaq posted:

Powerful, corrupt fuckers evade justice in many ways:

-Stacking appeals that make the case loom eternal and be tossed out.
-Friendly/bought justices that ask for further procedures and checks to let it fade from public interest, thenjust toss it out.
-Just leaning on public ministry intermediaries to file away cases before they can become something, when people are distracted.
-Pure, unadulterated class privilege (just a few days ago a judge forgave some bigshot for tens of millions worth of tax crimes because eh, it's taxes, who likes them?).

Jiggering with 2nd-instance prison time would be waaay down the list, and is so rife with abuse at all levels it's good that it's gone. Especially given how slow procedures are (when you are not a progressive trying to run for president), the idea of slamming someone in jail just because and then talling the process so it becomes an effective final verdict is loving disgusting.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

The squid swims free

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/LulaOficial/status/1192888341584322562

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1192889200141623296

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Who wants to bet we'll have other judges falling over themselves to revert this decision (if it's even possible)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

nerdz posted:

Who wants to bet we'll have other judges falling over themselves to revert this decision (if it's even possible)

It's a supreme court decision, so it can't be reverted that way.

So of course, -yes-, some loony jaildoor judge or prosecutor will totally try. Say it's illegal to free martian communists or that he can still be free but only in the confines of his cell, because what is even freedom for any of us, maaan.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

these are going to be exciting days

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

hell yeah lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/molinskidan/status/1192912429967007745

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

My brain shut down after i read this

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kurtofan posted:

My brain shut down after i read this

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/806390745330499586

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

quote:

The president who robbed the country, millions of unemployed people, broken economy, high crime ratio and the biggest corruption scandal in the WORLD came under his management.

Today this gentleman goes free to enjoy the money that he stole from us.

Today I am ashamed to be Brazilian.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Yeah, it’s hosed up that Temer walks free

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

The Unnamed One posted:

Yeah, it’s hosed up that Temer walks free

Oh I thought it was about Collor

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarlosBolsonaro/status/1193668535500890112

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thank you Mahmoud, very cool!

https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1193924287293513728?s=20

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

i will say i've enjoyed ahmadinejad's new profession as twitter troll after he got thrown bodily out of Iranian electoral politics

Sephyr posted:

The brazilian media world is currently bracing for impact.

Turns out the doorman from last week's shitstorm over Mariele's killers dropping by Bozo's gated community was NOT the one that was discredited by Rio's MP the day after.

But that's just the appetizer (because hosed up poo poo doesn't just keep coming, it escalates):

-Three bigshot generals who got nominated to high position in Bozo's government just suddenly quit today. There's talk of many others about to do the same.

-The biggest media conglomerate of the county, Rede Globo, praised its journalism wing and has hinted that it has a nuke of a revelation about to drop.

So everyone is holding their breaths to see if it's going to be a hyped dud, or the final breaking of the 'system' with the government. And on cue, the government's horde of both chub supporters and bot networks have been lighting social media on fire to discredit whatever may come.

Huh. Sounds like things are about to get exciting. Stay safe brazilgoons :ohdear:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Huh. Sounds like things are about to get exciting. Stay safe brazilgoons :ohdear:

Sorry, I just got shanked outside. Again.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Why?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Because nazis love metallica (and memes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006