Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson. Because he's worth it – The cosmetics collection that no self-respecting candidate should be without"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Johnson, Corbyn and election spending promises – Labour has dismissed a Tory dossier claiming Jeremy Corbyn’s policies would cost £1.2tn as ‘an absolute work of fiction’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Brexit party will not contest 317 Tory-won seats, Farage says

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

Maybe I'm thick but can someone explain this one to me? Apart from Labour bad / Conservative good?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I took it as a commentary about how both main parties are promising huge amounts of investment without really explaining how they'd pay for it. ie 'they're both as bad as each other'. This is Adams though so maybe I missed something...

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Boris Johnson is a hypocrite talking out of both sides of his mouth, because Osborne edits the standard and he might not like Corbyn but with Boris it's loving personal (probably, the tory party seems like a nest of coked-up vipers at the best of times)

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

GTO posted:

I took it as a commentary about how both main parties are promising huge amounts of investment without really explaining how they'd pay for it. ie 'they're both as bad as each other'. This is Adams though so maybe I missed something...

I think I get it now, he's calling Boris a hypocrite for criticising Labour's spending promises while also claiming he'll spend a barrowload of money on Conservative promises.

We got there in the end. Go team!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Boris Johnson is a hypocrite talking out of both sides of his mouth, because Osborne edits the standard and he might not like Corbyn but with Boris it's loving personal (probably, the tory party seems like a nest of coked-up vipers at the best of times)

Osborne is actual podmates (or whatever the gently caress a Tory equivalent of "friendship" would be) with Cameron so yeah he'll gladly knife Boris any chance he gets. Is "Useful oval office" a thing? We should make that a thing. Osborne is currently a Useful oval office. Kinda like when Campbell pisses on a deserving target.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Blower's John McDonnell might be the worst caricature in a UK paper since the last time Mac drew a black person.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

forkboy84 posted:

Blower's John McDonnell might be the worst caricature in a UK paper since the last time Mac drew a black person.

So, so poo poo. However, I do love the tattoos.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson v Jeremy Corbyn – In the week Britain remembers the end of the first world war, the battle for votes gets under way with election debates looming"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Nigel Farage snubs Tory calls to stand down in Labour marginals

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Brexit Party exodus

David Squires:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

i see it now. blower's fate is to be endlessly overambitious, believing he is ten times smarter and more capable than he actually is, and repeatedly gently caress up in an embarrassing public fashion at his over elaborate goals of complex brilliance when he could have got along perfectly well just trying to be generally decent and just okay

blower is the united kingdom. his life is a political cartoon. his career is brexit.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nigel Farage and the general election – Nigel Farage’s decision to unilaterally stand down more than half the Brexit party’s candidates has prompted fury from some of the hopefuls" After Giacomo Balla.

Telegraph:

After Hanna & Barbera.

Matt:

'We can't go': Fishlake residents defy flood waters and authorities

Independent:

"Boris Johnson finally gets his mop out but only makes things worse"

Times:

Evening Standard:

General election 2019: PM promises to end Brexit 'groundhoggery'

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the postal strike threat

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Angepain posted:

i see it now. blower's fate is to be endlessly overambitious, believing he is ten times smarter and more capable than he actually is, and repeatedly gently caress up in an embarrassing public fashion at his over elaborate goals of complex brilliance when he could have got along perfectly well just trying to be generally decent and just okay

blower is the united kingdom. his life is a political cartoon. his career is brexit.

What's even better is he shows no signs of improving, nor desire to

I'm not joking when I say I could do better than this pigshit. Hire me, telegraph

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Boris Johnson's visit to flood-hit towns – Boris Johnson has been accused of doing nothing to help flood victims as he visited one of the worst hit areas and told residents: ‘We’ve been on it round the clock’"

Telegraph:

I am railing: Sir Rod Stewart reveals his epic model railway city

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

John Lewis Christmas ad features excitable dragon Edgar

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Royal Family woes

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Priti Patel's immigration plans – The home secretary has promised that the Conservatives will reduce immigration – like every Conservative home secretary before her"

Telegraph:

After John Lewis.

Matt:

Prince Andrew to be quizzed on Epstein in Newsnight special

Independent:

Jo Swinson denies losing control over Lib Dem party

Times:

Pretty disappointed! Broadway revamp of West Side Story drops Maria’s song

Evening Standard:

Labour's free broadband plan fires up the election battle

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on...floods

Guardian Australian Sport:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I demanded impotent tears, and the gods have truly blessed us. :allears:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The geography of that Thomas cartoon is loving incredible. Good job they built that house six foot off the ground for no reason :v:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think some farms on floodplains do actually do that. Build up regions to site the buildings so that when the riverbanks go it floods the fields but not the house and barns.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

goatface posted:

I think some farms on floodplains do actually do that. Build up regions to site the buildings so that when the riverbanks go it floods the fields but not the house and barns.

Perhaps but Thomas is loving poo poo and drew a floating house

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also true.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on Labour's broadband internet pledge – Outlining the broadband proposal, Jeremy Corbyn said it would guarantee what was now a basic utility, encourage social cohesion and bolster the economy"

Telegraph:

:yikes:

Independent:

After Cornelis Vreedenburgh.

The i paper:

Times:

After Raymond Briggs.

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the people's broadband

After Tenniel.

Stephen Collins:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The shitrags are so loving salty :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's all been incredibly negative campaigning so far. They're concentrating on the need to talk about anything other than their own side's loving up. It doesn't matter what the message is as long as it's about 'them', not 'us'.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Bob is such a loving dipshit. Just incredible boomer energy for a man in his 30s :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pilchenstein posted:

Bob is such a loving dipshit. Just incredible boomer energy for a man in his 30s :allears:

What the hell? That can't be right.

Bob posted:

Notable owners of Bob's work include The late David Bowie and Nigel Farage. People are often surprised to discover that Bob is not a slightly overweight, greying middle-aged man. Although he's only 32 years old, those people should rest assured that Bob often feels about 59.

Jesus...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Keep 'em coming Bob, there's weeks of campaigning to go, and literal years of Labour governance for you to lose your poo poo over!

Collins is on point too.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Keep 'em coming Bob, there's weeks of campaigning to go, and literal years of Labour governance for you to lose your poo poo over!

oh my god seeing these fuckers get mad for 5+ years is a reason to vote labour just by itself

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Are Nigel Farage's fire-breathing days over? – Chris Riddell on the sorry end of the Brexit party’s pact with the Tories"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Outstanding.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The economy is so hosed up that people working 32 hours a week are in poverty, an anti-labour cartoon?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
From today's Mirror, ahead of tomorrow's bout.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the tribulations of Prince Andrew – A leading media lawyer has labelled the Duke of York’s interview about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein ‘a catastrophic error’"

Telegraph:

Woking's Pizza Express customers struggle to remember first visit

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Breathed in for a slight "heh" on Blower's then spotted the Italian stereotypes. gently caress off Blower.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
He's called Blower and yet he constantly sucks :confused:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I was confused as to why Oswald Mosley and Joseph Stalin were working in a Pizza Express.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Good thing there's nothing to distract the cartoonists from the election.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Look at the waitress on the right. That poor woman's hand

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

Look at the waitress on the right. That poor woman's hand

Hadn't noticed before :stonk: jesus christ it's a literal :redhammer:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's pitch to business – The PM has told the CBI he would cut rates for small businesses – but leave corporation tax unchanged"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn challenged at CBI to prove Labour isn't 'for the many but not the Jew'

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Lib Dems and SNP lose high court bid over TV election debate

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a raging Royal crisis

David Squires:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The rich and powerful are jumping out the window in panic to avoid the wrath of Jeremy Corbyn. fools they are, for after he has nationalised everything within the land of the living he will turn his sights towards the caverns of Hell itself. none shall escape