Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Double it up with the British Restaurant idea. Nationalize the cafes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I am 100% on board with this idea

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Having worked in spoons, the entire idea that the staff can even pretend to give a gently caress how the food tastes is a joke.

It’s purely a system to give Karen McTerfbangs the opportunity to scream bloody murder at someone deemed inferior because her five quid microwave curry was too runny.

Customer service can eat my entire rear end and gently caress off.

Same goes on the receiving end, I loving hate feeling like I’m forcing someone to pretend they give a poo poo about how my meal is or whatever other dumb poo poo that’s apparently expected of them. I felt uncomfortable as hell about it when I was that guy.

Also I’ve done the full silver service dinner poo poo before and gently caress me it’s the most awkward thing. Please don’t appear over my shoulder with hot food and tongs suddenly, my first instinct is to take the plate out of your hands and then we all feel awkward.

I have opinions about food service and I hate what brexit Tim made me think about.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I don't know maybe these tories aren't all bad

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Something I've been thinking about for a bit. This Loki guy is proper sound - I've followed him for a while. V funny, disabled Labour supporter, quality shitposter. There are a few others I can think of like this too where I just think that the UKMT would be a natural home for them.

How would the thread feel if I bought a few of them SA accounts? Is there some reason this would be a bad idea I haven't thought of?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Nobody who hasn't already bought in will give a poo poo

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Coohoolin posted:

Is the weird uptick in trans debates in scotpol just because of the self declaration gender bill, or do youse reckon there's more to it? Is there a comparable bill proposal by a party in England that has attracted similar TERF activity?

Acts like that will always bring them out of the woodwork in droves because it’s the (self convinced) end of the world for them, so it’s not a surprise to me that it’s coming to the fore in scotpol more than the rest of the UK since I think the self ID stuff in Westminster got shitcanned a while back.

Also on a purely anecdotal level, the amount of casual transphobia I see among people even in my age bracket is loving shocking up here, and I really hope that it’s a local outlier or something because gently caress me. I’m genuinely more likely to hear transphobia than racism in my life just now and I just don’t loving understand it at all - the casual racism has gotten a hell of a lot better if I think back to what it was like ten years ago, but hoo boy has transphobia filled that vacuum.

I’ve alienated myself to some people I considered friends over calling it out, and the sheer lack of will from some otherwise alright people to even lend the most passive support towards trans people is demoralising as gently caress.

TLDR, Terfs loving suck and so does anybody who buys into the culture war and also gently caress this lovely suburban hell.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WhatEvil posted:

Something I've been thinking about for a bit. This Loki guy is proper sound - I've followed him for a while. V funny, disabled Labour supporter, quality shitposter. There are a few others I can think of like this too where I just think that the UKMT would be a natural home for them.

How would the thread feel if I bought a few of them SA accounts? Is there some reason this would be a bad idea I haven't thought of?

that's maybe the worst idea i've ever heard.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
:siren: Coding job effort post incoming :siren:

Sorry if this is weirdly structured or just generally rambling and not very helpful. If that is the case the discord has a #robot-prole-call channel for (I think) tech discussion, feel free to ping or just PM me on Discord (SurpriseTRex#2646) to talk about this if you have specific questions, I'm more than happy to help because more coders means more people in cushy office jobs that pay well and fewer people doing lovely jobs they hate. If I don't reply it's just that I'm busy and will get back to you eventually (yell at me if I don't).

CGI Stardust posted:

Would appreciate something like this, yes please, even if just a Discord channel. Just resumed an MSc Comp Sci (after a year off for MH issues) as a career transition but have no idea what the current best technologies are or how to get into a coding job in the UK as a mid-30s dipshit

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What I would want is more specifics about "here's how you get a qualification that coding jobs will accept" or "here's how to get a coding job circumventing not having a qualification."

The hard part is that first job. Once you've got experience, the second job is significantly easier to get because you have proof you've at some point been hired for coding.

Qualifications don't matter a huge amount. I've got a degree but it's in Film and CGI, and I have a BTEC National Diploma in Game Development which was really just 3D modelling and game art. Each of those courses had a single module touching on code. C++ in college nearly put me off coding forever, and I didn't even consider it again until my Python module at university and it made much more sense but the module wasn't very in-depth. I also 'helped' my friend develop a game in C# for a Game Jam (I watched and/or typed what he said to type).

Most Computer Science education focuses on the theoretical side of things - algorithms, CPU architecture, data structures and so on. While this stuff is really interesting and useful in some cases, it's not really the most direct route to "learning just enough to get paid to code". The stuff that becomes more relevant in the job are things like "writing code so that people can maintain this part of the overall system for years or decades", "using version control", "unit testing", "separating bits of code that handle totally different things into their own discrete modules". A lot of that is just stuff you pick up as you go along anyway, and often isn't taught on CS courses at all. You won't usually be implementing sort algorithms from scratch, you'll just use your language's list.Sort() method and be done with it.

It's a great time to be someone who can code. The skills are in actual demand. There's barely a day that goes by without a recruiter reaching out to me with jobs on offer now I have a few years under my belt, and while a lot of recruiters are poo poo or scummy, they get a commission for placing you in a position so it is in their best interests to get you a job.

My advice for the kind of bare minimum you'd need to get a job:
1) Pick a Language to Learn
It doesn't matter that much, but for employability's sake, it's worth limiting the choice to a few big ones. Other languages are pretty simple to pick up once you understand the underlying concepts anyway. If you really can't pick one, I recommend C#. It's a very employable language and useful for a lot of different things.

- Java and C#/.Net are big in the enterprise world but also used in small to medium businesses (at least C# for sure). I picked C# because I really only knew any of Python and C#, and indeed.co.uk just had a lot more C#/.Net jobs in the East Midlands and that was good enough for me.

- Python is similar but less popular in the big enterprise world and seems more popular with smaller, trendier companies. One big advantage if you don't know how to code already is that it's got a VERY beginner-friendly syntax with no weird semicolons or strange brackets flying around, and keeping your code nicely structured is literally part of the syntax. It's also mega-popular in the Data Science world, so I'd recommend taking a look if that intrigues you.

- Javascript. While originally a language to run in the browser to make monkey gifs dance when you moused over them, it's now possible to write JS for server-side code too, which means it's as general-purpose as the rest of them. This is used everywhere, but a lot of the JS-heavy jobs will be mostly front-end. React and Angular, which you may have heard of, are Javascript web frameworks.

- Honourable Mention: if you want to get into game development, then C++ is your friend. It's THE Games Industry-standard programming language, and it's going to be a long time before that changes. You can also pick C# and get stuck in if you want to work on stuff in the Unity engine which tends to be smaller indie games or mobile stuff. If you only want to make games as an indie or hobbyist there's a ton of other stuff you can use, see the Forums' own Game Making Thread.

2) Learn the Language
Do some poking around on https://www.codecademy.com. There are 'introduction to X' for each of the languages above, as well as 'skill paths' for some of them, which are more focused on guiding you through a dummy project.

At minimum you'll want to understand variables and types, functions/methods (same thing), classes and inheritance, loops, and if statements. Don't feel too dumb if you still get held up with syntax, I constantly google basic things every single day.

Other good stuff to learn if you understand the above list:
- A framework for building websites - if you pick C# to look into ".Net Core MVC". Python has Django, JS has React and Angular. Java I'm not really sure.
- How to set up and read/write to/from a database (like SQLite, MySQL, or Mongo).

Sites like HackerRank and Advent of Code can be good to practice using the language too but can fall into that Computer Science trap of being very algorithm-focused and leave you feeling like an idiot because you didn't know the best way to calculate the first 120 prime numbers or whatever.

3) Build Something
A lot of people online recommend stuff like "get involved in an open-source project" which I always thought was a cool idea but didn't really know how to do that, or what that meant, or which project. If you already feel confident that you could do this then I'm sure it'll look good on a CV but if you're like me don't worry, just build something of your own.

Doesn't really matter what. Command-line calculator, short text-based Choose Your Own Adventure with branching decisions, a dumbass twitter bot, something that pulls the temperature from 4 different weather APIs and averages it out. Learn the bits you need as you go.

Put it on Github (demonstrates you understand Git well enough to just about get by, even if you don't really 'get it'), and if it's something like a website or API then you can even look into how to get it hosted somewhere online so there's a 'live' version in the wild.

4) Apply for Jobs
Apply for every Junior or Graduate developer job, anything that looks remotely entry-level. Treat the requirements in the job posting as a wishlist, not a baseline. Impostor Syndrome is the name for feeling like you're not good enough at a thing, and it still affects me after 6 years. You will feel like you should ignore my advice and not apply for that job with a few too many requirements on it. Just ignore that and apply. Worst that happens is you get no response and wasted 5 minutes, which is also quite likely even if you met every single requirement they listed anyway. Companies are bastards sometimes.

Most postings will be from recruiters, and some (most) of the sites will want you to upload a CV but also go through the tedious process of filling in lovely forms anyway. Because of this, eventually, you'll make it into a ton of recruiting company databases via osmosis, and at some point in your career recruiters will start reaching out to you with jobs instead of you having to go looking for them - but probably not for your first job.

If you have anything relevant (like an MSc or previous IT/coding knowledge) play it up on your CV. List any of the random poo poo you built in step 3 on here too, along with the Github URL and a quick description of how it works or what it does. I don't honestly know if anyone ever looks at personal projects but it can't hurt? These projects will become less important as your career progresses, but while you have no provable coding experience, I feel like it's worth the effort.

Brush up on common interview questions. There will be lists, blog posts, and articles online about them. It tends to be almost language trivia - in C#-land we get a lot like "what is an abstract class?", "what does the override keyword do?". These will differ a lot based on the language used in the job.

Most job searches I've done follow the pattern Talk to Recruiter -> Screening -> In-Person Interview -> Offer/Decline/Silence. "Screening" here tends to be one of three things:
- Phone interview to make sure you've not just changed the name on someone else's CV and that you can at least answer basic questions.
- Take-home coding assignment which can vary wildly in difficulty and the amount of time they expect you to put in. The last one I had was to make a shopping cart app that runs in a terminal window, making sure it totals the items correctly and can do offers like 2 for 1.
- Online code editor with some number of small tasks to do, usually timed but sometimes not. This is basically like doing a few Codecademy lessons. "Calculate whether a year is a leap year given these rules" and that sort of thing.

In interviews, I played up the fact that while inexperienced, I'm a fast learner and willing to get stuck into picking up bits that I don't know yet. Pushed the whole ' self-taught' angle. Honestly, people should expect Junior developers to be pretty green and need hand-holding a bit.
I assume those of you changing careers will have some stuff to talk about from those jobs or MSc courses and so on. Don't be too shy about telling them your reasons for switching careers either - I found that when people asked about my pivot from film degree to coding, people were just interested, not "testing me".

Thankfully, I've never been hit with one of those horrible-sounding whiteboard interviews that I hear about a lot online where you're asked to brainstorm a breadth-first search over a binary tree without a computer or the internet (and I'd have to take a minute to think about how to do that even now). I think those interviews are more of a US thing.

Slight tangent: I've also found that while it can be hard if it's a job you really want, the less I treat an interview like an interview the better results I get. I try to mentally reframe it as "I'm going in to chat to them about this job and how it suits me" instead of being a grilling that I'm being subjected to. It might be that I'm more comfortable doing that now that I'm more experienced though so I don't know whether this bit is helpful advice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a lot of words really just to say like "learn the basics of a language, maybe make something interesting with it, apply for a lot of fuckin' jobs even ones you think you're unqualified for, blag your way in as hard as you can, and don't worry - you'll pick it up as you go."

I hope some of this is helpful to at least one person. :shobon:

Surprise T Rex fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 13, 2019

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

I thought I was the only one. I hate feeling like someone is 'waiting on' me.

I once stayed a night in a seriously posh country hotel (big white-painted Georgian stately home, had its own spa, golf course, polo ground, airstrip etc.) as part of a press junket for work.

As well as all the restaurant things you mention, this place was so fancy that the rooms didn't have any sort of minibar or even a tray of tea and biscuits with a tiny kettle and little pots of UHT milk. If you wanted a cuppa you had to ring room service for it and some poor sod would bring it to you.

I found this the exact opposite of relaxing or luxurious as instead of being able to make a hot drink any time I wanted to my own tastes in a few minutes, I was hassling (as it felt to me) someone at 1.30am to bring me a drink.

I guess that the sort of people that usually stay in such places are just used to having people do everything for them and having their whims catered to by servile staff.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

WhatEvil posted:

I’d say don’t bother, but purely for the reason that they’ve got their niche area they like to operate in on twitter. Loki seems like a good un, but if he really wanted to come to the ukmt I’d imagine he would have either done it or said something by now.

I don’t think it’s a secret that the pod comes from here and I’m p sure he’s a listener too.

Also, I think most people could not be less hosed about posting on a dead comedy forum in tyool 2019. We’re a weird lot that still do imo.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Honestly SA is 1000x better now that its dead and gay.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Somebody once took me to the gleneagles golf course spa thing, which apparently you can just walk into unannounced.

It was loving weird, like an indoor department store full of hideously overpriced plastic tat with all these weirdo posh people swanning around in bathrobes looking at it.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I’d say don’t bother, but purely for the reason that they’ve got their niche area they like to operate in on twitter. Loki seems like a good un, but if he really wanted to come to the ukmt I’d imagine he would have either done it or said something by now.

I don’t think it’s a secret that the pod comes from here and I’m p sure he’s a listener too.

Also, I think most people could not be less hosed about posting on a dead comedy forum in tyool 2019. We’re a weird lot that still do imo.

Like, do they know about it though?

There's him and a couple of others I've thought this about. @ravenholmCLP is a good'un. Possibly Phil McDuff (@mc_heckin_duff) who's a Labour supporter, and freelance journalist who sometimes shows up in the Graun with anti-capitalist articles, and is also a good shitposter, and then a couple of others who are Loki-adjacent.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

BalloonFish posted:

I once stayed a night in a seriously posh country hotel (big white-painted Georgian stately home, had its own spa, golf course, polo ground, airstrip etc.) as part of a press junket for work.

As well as all the restaurant things you mention, this place was so fancy that the rooms didn't have any sort of minibar or even a tray of tea and biscuits with a tiny kettle and little pots of UHT milk. If you wanted a cuppa you had to ring room service for it and some poor sod would bring it to you.

I found this the exact opposite of relaxing or luxurious as instead of being able to make a hot drink any time I wanted to my own tastes in a few minutes, I was hassling (as it felt to me) someone at 1.30am to bring me a drink.

I guess that the sort of people that usually stay in such places are just used to having people do everything for them and having their whims catered to by servile staff.

And to think I felt guilty for ordering a ham sandwich at 2am from room service when I was in Dublin because I was extremely hypoglycemic and had forgotten to buy any sweets.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/coso9001/status/1194333925620908032?s=09

:laugh:

Also, why the gently caress not invite comrades here? I loving hate discourse on Twitter and Reddit. Forums still best and I'll take that with my dying breath.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think as long as you're not sexually harassing the staff or smearing your own poo poo all over everything you're still a grade above most hotel patrons.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

I think as long as you're not sexually harassing the staff or smearing your own poo poo all over everything you're still a grade above most hotel patrons.

Last time I stayed in a Premier Inn for work it was the first time the (remainder) of the team had got together since a round of redundancies so we blew off a LOT of steam via alcohol and I was rather ill in my room that night, only realising the following morning. I was loving mortified, put the "for the love of god don't service my room" sign on and went to work already running late. Anyway, when I asked the lady with the cleaning cart if I could have some stuff to clear up my mess she looked at me like I was carrying my own head and I ended up buying stuff from the nearby co-op.

It dawned on me later that I might have been the first person to not just expect the staff to clear up whatever the gently caress is left behind.

Which just reminded me of my local Spar. Staff there are lovely, I'm sure the owner is a oval office. They have a public rest room and it's frequently being vandalised in the most disgusting manner you can imagine. These poor fuckers on terrible pay having to deal with this literal poo poo. Ugh.

Great, now I'm mad.

e: less mad

https://twitter.com/Corbynator2_0/status/1194352684100399105

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 13, 2019

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Bundy posted:

https://twitter.com/coso9001/status/1194333925620908032?s=09

:laugh:

Also, why the gently caress not invite comrades here? I loving hate discourse on Twitter and Reddit. Forums still best and I'll take that with my dying breath.

I for one love being dogpiled by assorted (usually super terfy) tankies whenever I post whatever innocuous take. Oh, you think trafficked prostitutes kept under a pimp's thumb might need to occupy a slightly different place in analysis to independent camgirls? Maybe we shouldn't kill all the trans people? gently caress you, you misogynist poo poo! I don't know what it is - probably something to do with the complete humourlessness combined with total bad faith - that makes them piss me off more than alt-righters.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Apraxin posted:

God bless the Graun and the inexplicably huge, hi-res images of Joris they use as article headers (expand at your own risk):

They keep doing it, why do they keep doing it?!?

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
News Corp Australia chipping in with UK election coverage:

https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/1194418828832194561

(It's a real screenshot from this article but there's no point opening it yourself)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Took a moment to realise this was not from the labour party.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

I for one love being dogpiled by assorted (usually super terfy) tankies whenever I post whatever innocuous take. Oh, you think trafficked prostitutes kept under a pimp's thumb might need to occupy a slightly different place in analysis to independent camgirls? Maybe we shouldn't kill all the trans people? gently caress you, you misogynist poo poo! I don't know what it is - probably something to do with the complete humourlessness combined with total bad faith - that makes them piss me off more than alt-righters.

Um...what? Someone vouched for someone else that at least on the face of it seem to be a good person so why not add to the ranks?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Bundy posted:

Um...what? Someone vouched for someone else that at least on the face of it seem to be a good person so why not add to the ranks?

Sorry I mustn't have been being clear, I was saying that this is my experience of more 'public' social media like Twitter and agreeing that the forums are way more chill and pleasant to be around. I agree with you!

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Surprise T Rex posted:

"learn the basics of a language, maybe make something interesting with it

cannot emphasize this enough. If you want to learn something, anything, the best way is to do it. Think of something you'd enjoy achieving, and the process of working out how to achieve it will be so much more valuable to you than any amount of teaching. I tend to find any directed tutorials just wash over me because there's no drive to actual discover something. I don't remember anything that's taught.

The great thing about learning to code in 201X is the sheer amount of scaffolding available to you, so you can take almost prebuilt solutions and tweak them, or spin your own from scratch. So if you're start to feel lost or out of your depth at any point, you can focus only on the bits that you want to work out how to do.

I'm not a coder (designer) but i love spinning up pure css solutions to things i've seen people on codepen do using javascript, and i'm currently learning react by building a dumb thing (a custom portfolio with 'features').

Chuff McNothing fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 13, 2019

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Coding is like any other craft skill. You learn it by doing it, not by reading books about it - even if the books might help. Understanding of data structures and object-orientated programming helps sure, but first go do something so you can link the lessons back to something.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Half of left twitter is just old LF posters who achieved all they could on SA and moved onto wider ventures anyway, coming to SA from twitter is just a step back in shitposting potential.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Acts like that will always bring them out of the woodwork in droves because it’s the (self convinced) end of the world for them, so it’s not a surprise to me that it’s coming to the fore in scotpol more than the rest of the UK since I think the self ID stuff in Westminster got shitcanned a while back.

Also on a purely anecdotal level, the amount of casual transphobia I see among people even in my age bracket is loving shocking up here, and I really hope that it’s a local outlier or something because gently caress me. I’m genuinely more likely to hear transphobia than racism in my life just now and I just don’t loving understand it at all - the casual racism has gotten a hell of a lot better if I think back to what it was like ten years ago, but hoo boy has transphobia filled that vacuum.

I’ve alienated myself to some people I considered friends over calling it out, and the sheer lack of will from some otherwise alright people to even lend the most passive support towards trans people is demoralising as gently caress.

TLDR, Terfs loving suck and so does anybody who buys into the culture war and also gently caress this lovely suburban hell.

Trans people are the current group it's socially OK to hate basically. Casual racism/sexism/homophobia has the potential (though not a guarantee) to get you in trouble, especially in professional environments. Then the amount of people in comedy and media in general who really loving hate trans people (Baddiel, Webb, Linehan, Rowling, Helen Lewis etc), many of whom are major figures in popular feminism and liberalism just serves to push the idea that it's OK to go after trans people.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The thing I really hate is when they try to mask it in 'actually it's about protecting women' bullshit. Motherfuckers at least own being a bigot without hiding behind feminism.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Guavanaut posted:

Puritans think that sex work is bad because sex is bad, anarchists think sex work is bad because work is bad.

More specifically SWERFs think that the way to 'solve' the problem of sex work is to silence the voices of sex workers in any conversation about sex work, so they're inherently a force for reaction. If you want to solve the problems of sex work without erasing the voices of sex workers you're going to have to solve the problem of work being a requirement to live.

No you don't. All you need to do is eliminate poverty, guarantee full employment and execute all johns.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/iancarterKM/status/1194341730721640448

lmao. Poor Jo getting hosed over by her own candidates :smith:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/iancarterKM/status/1194341730721640448

lmao. Poor Jo getting hosed over by her own candidates :smith:

I wonder if the headliners "no deals with Labour" actually match up to what the common lib dem voter wants. I would be funny if their actually to far right for most of their supporters.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Grey Hunter posted:

I wonder if the headliners "no deals with Labour" actually match up to what the common lib dem voter wants. I would be funny if their actually to far right for most of their supporters.

I like to peak into the libdem reddit sub from time to time, and quite a lot of people have been upset with Swinson for at least a couple of weeks, thinking she's taking it way too far and/or just thinking she lacks charisma. There also seems to be a lot of people upset with this decision in particular.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Lib Dem head office is delusional about their success and chance to unseat labour in many places, while the base is mostly concerned about stopping Johnson and Brexit than any pro lib dem position (I wonder why?). Jo is gone after this election even if the Lib Dems gain to 30-40 seats I think - assuming she keeps her own seat that is.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Some industrious memester should splice Jo Swinson's face on top of Cyndi Lauper in a 'True Colors' clip

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Half of left twitter is just old LF posters who achieved all they could on SA and moved onto wider ventures anyway, coming to SA from twitter is just a step back in shitposting potential.

Yeah, those origins aren’t exactly secret, it’s been spoken about on wdtatw a couple times, and Nate from trashfuture is a former goon too.

This is the babby pool of posting.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The lib dems are toothless and lack a real plan for brexit other rhan "2nd referendum but with US in charge"

Jo swinson looks like she eats pidgeons pre feathering

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The lib dems are toothless and lack a real plan for brexit other rhan "2nd referendum but with US in charge"

Jo swinson looks like she eats pidgeons pre feathering

It’s actually squirrels according to twitter :v:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Bloody Jews, going around in single file, lifting fifty times their body weight. Disgraceful

The mystery of the Pyramids finally explained. Where's my History Channel documentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sanitary Naptime posted:

It’s actually squirrels according to twitter :v:

A much better entry to game.

Do you think she has any lib dem memorbilia at home like a rug or some poo poo. Probably a half dozen coffee mugd with various lib dem logos on em