Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Doma with whoever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Zepeli and whoever to Doma

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did some semi-off screen stuff that I'll show off in a mini-update sometime. I had to find an enemy that drops Thief Knives, as nobody has Steal/Capture. Then I had to take the only character that can use them back to Owzer's House to try and get some Illuminas, which actually wasn't so bad. I kept three and bet the fourth. I was also reminded that White Dragons appear on the Veldt, which can drop Force Shields. Those will bet at the Coliseum for Cursed Shields, the only way in the entire game to get those or Paladin shields, that I know of. I still have three mystery items to bet once I find them. This means, of course, that Paladin Shields are technically farmable.

I also found out that Economizers, the relic that decrease MP cost to 1, are currently only usable by Naru. Who cannot use any Espers at all and isn't a natural mage. This means if the remaining two characters can't use them or don't have any Magic worth using then Economizers are worthless to me.

Speaking of Economizers, wanna know their betting chain? Of course you do!

Illumina -> Economizer -> Ragnarok -> Snow Muffler -> Thunder Shld -> Marvel Shoes -> Merit Award -> Offering -> Minerva -> Aegis Shld -> Force Armor -> Excalibur -> Flame Shld -> Excalibur

Oh, and you know how Tritoch is my only Esper that teaches Ultima but the one person that can equip Tritoch has no Magic command? Paladin Shield teaches Ultima and can be equipped by a lot of people! Except that BC also randomizes the spell you get.

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/SMMuvik.png[/timg]

:shepicide:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Did some semi-off screen stuff that I'll show off in a mini-update sometime. I had to find an enemy that drops Thief Knives, as nobody has Steal/Capture.

excuse me what???

i dont need to have the command to steal poo poo???

EDIT: get ready to farm merit awards to use those Illuminas and Palladin Shields. Luckily you can cut down on the Cursed Shield->Paladin Shield conversion time by equipping all 4 people with one, this makes one shield decurse 4x faster. Course that means battling with 4 people wearing the drat thing so...
And hey at least you still have Quesar!

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 13, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

excuse me what???

i dont need to have the command to steal poo poo???

EDIT: get ready to farm merit awards to use those Illuminas and Palladin Shields. Luckily you can cut down on the Cursed Shield->Paladin Shield conversion time by equipping all 4 people with one, this makes one shield decurse 4x faster. Course that means battling with 4 people wearing the drat thing so...
And hey at least you still have Quesar!

Thief Knife has a 50% chance to use Capture instead of Fight, when using the Fight command. It'll work on all four Offering attacks as well, though there's a bug where you can only steal one item per X-fight. Any extra Captures after you steal an item will never actually give you an item during that X-fight.

I don't know if I have it in me to farm White Dragons on the Veldt. Farming Gypsy for Illuminas isn't a cake walk either because they only seem to show up in that pack of five monsters. It's a hard life, trying to get Real Ultimate Power.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
That feels about par for the normal game, at least! I have played through VI a million times and I think I've only ever encountered a single Aquila in the Phoenix Cave, despite hunting for it (which I think has Economizer as a steal or drop). Brontosaurs were more common but even they sucked to find and farm.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hello friends, today we're taking a small field trip around the world in the search of Real Ultimate Power.

First stop are these lil' froggies. They drop a ThiefKnife. The only other enemy in the game to drop them is in the Ancient Castle and I don't want to go there early. You can also get a ThiefKnife at the Colosseum by betting a Tack Star but the only way to get a Tack Star is by Morphing a creature with Ragnarok (which we don't have) or betting a Pod Bracelet. Literally nothing in my text file has a Pod Bracelet in any capacity. This means it is locked behind one of the three mystery items I have left in the Colosseum.

Magus Rod -> ???????????? : LV 58 Ocel
Punisher -> ???????????? : LV 32 Pumie
ValiantKnife -> ???????????? : LV 57 Sushtr Two

These items will be found in places we haven't gone to yet so I have no idea what they trade for.

Anyway, ThiefKnife! I need this because no one in our entire group has Steal or Capture, and no item changers turn into Steal/Capture. ThiefKnives are the only way for me to steal an item. When you use Fight with a ThiefKnife, there's a 50% chance you will use Capture instead; this chance occurs on all four attacks if you use X-fight. Unfortunately there is a bug where if you steal an item with X-fight, no matter what, the rest of the attacks in that chain will not steal an item. Still, it gives you more chances to steal per command and saves some time if you're hunting for one item.

The froggies only have ThiefKnives as their drop so that's pretty easy.

Remember this pack? I hate this pack.

Wait, no, I meant I love this pack. The only other source of Illuminas (that I know of) in this file are as a drop from a super boss.

You might be saying "What super boss? 6 didn't have a super boss!" and to that I'll say "Just you wait!"

Besides being a massive stat stick, Illumina isn't as good as Ragnarok for Fight. Ragnarok casts Ultima which is way better than Pearl. Zepeli will probably roll with double Ragnarok at some point, everyone else that won't be using Fight and can equip it will get an Illumina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnp_PHpdMM
Seiken Densetsu 3 - High Tension Wire

For now, we've got some betting to do!

Serena is my go to Colosseum fighter. ?-Aero takes care of a lot of things AND they can go into a random Rage, while having more HP than Fuuko. With clever equipment loadouts, they can survive a lot of things while dealing heavy damage.

:shepicide:

It's possible the two remaining characters we need to get could use it but I'm not going to hold my breath. Naru can equip precisely zero Espers and is not a natural mage. This means they are limited to learning spells from equipment.

code:
SPELL-TEACHING ITEMS
Flame Shld:    Fire 2 x5
Ice Shld:      Ice 2  x5
Thunder Shld:  Bolt 2 x5
TortoiseShld:  Imp    x1
Paladin Shld:  REDACTED
Force Shld:    Shell  x5
Coronet:       Ice 2  x1
Titanium:      Imp    x1
Imp's Armor:   Imp    x1
Fairy Ring:    Mute   x2
Cure Ring:     Ice 2  x2
Cursed Ring:   X-Zone x5
Sprint Shoes:  Mute   x3

I start going through Illumina's chain to figure out some of the missing items I had at the start. Through clever use of my eyes to read things, I figure out the full chain:

Illumina -> Economizer -> Ragnarok -> Snow Muffler -> Thunder Shld -> Marvel Shoes -> Merit Award -> Offering -> Minerva -> Aegis Shld -> Force Armor -> Excalibur -> Flame Shld -> Excalibur

In theory, this means I can get as many as I want of all those items by stealing Illuminas to bet. At most, I'll need three Economizers. What I would like is some extra Ragnaroks, Snow Mufflers, Marvel Shoes, Minervas, Aegis Shields, and Force Armors. Whether or not I'll be able to bring myself to do that much farming, we'll see.

Speaking of farming, how can I get a Paladin Shield? Well, I can't. Nothing drops it and I don't know if anything bets for it. I can bet the shield for a ValiantKnife so I wouldn't be surprised if a VK bets back for the shield.

What I can do is Steal a Cursed Shield from Goddess, one of the final dungeon bosses, or bet a Force Shield for one. Where do I get a Force Shield? Well, I have one already. The White Dragon drops that or an Economizer and I save stated for the Force Shield. But that means I can only have one Paladin Shield, ever!

HOWEVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYRdsBd4eU0
Chrono Trigger - Rhythm of Wind, Sky, and Earth

White Dragons are one of the handful of bosses that appear on the Veldt!

I got insanely lucky and encountered one after only SIX battles on the Veldt. I assumed I would be there for half an hour trying to find one. It certainly won't be that easy if I go back for more.

Easy peasy.

This little spot here, on the right side of the continent that holds Kefka's Tower, is the ideal Cursed Shield farming spot.

Both of these enemies have 35 hitpoints. This little area is basically the same level as the world right outside of Narshe in the WoB and you can easily fast forward through 255 battles with minimal fuss.

Finally, Real Ultimate Power! Elemental attacks will be nothing to these seven characters, not to mention the stat boosts and Ultima!

gently caress!

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 15, 2019

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The randomizer giveth, and the randomizer taketh away.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
You just gotta set yourself up to be Floating constantly, duh :shepicide:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Omnicrom posted:

The randomizer giveth, and the randomizer taketh away.

It mostly taketh away. :v:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Is the item screen display messed up, or can only Zepelli and Naru equip Illumina? Everything in your game is terrible.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

Is the item screen display messed up, or can only Zepelli and Naru equip Illumina? Everything in your game is terrible.

You can equip it on more people with the Merit Award (something that I'm not sure can be done for the Ragnarok) but it costs one of your Relic slots.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Schwartzcough posted:

I moved it over to see the stats and effects. It can be equipped by Zepeli, Naru, Kaoru, and MYSTERY PERSON.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FYI unless the randomizer screws with how the veldt handles I'm pretty sure that the white dragon is in a slot all its own, so you should only have to ever fight... what, 32 fights before you find it once you fill out all the possible encounters?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You just gotta set yourself up to be Floating constantly, duh :shepicide:

If I'm reading it right, Paladin Shield nulls Earth element, so as long as your party's all wearing them that's not an issue.

Of course, this, in turn, brings up the issue of farming up four Paladin Shields...

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Quake is a fine spell if you can use it, but it's ~26% weaker than Ultima and elemental, making it useless or worse against some enemies.

Really though, nothing begins to hold a candle to Ultima in terms of offensive capabilities, barring a very specific edge case.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

a lot of enemies have auto-float causes lol randomizer so it's even worse than say Merton.

CptWedgie posted:

Of course, this, in turn, brings up the issue of farming up four Paladin Shields...

Yeah. To wit, farm up ~7 Force Shields, convert them to 7 Cursed Shields and then fighting 64 battles per Paladin Shield.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 14, 2019

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SSNeoman posted:

a lot of enemies have auto-float causes lol randomizer so it's even worse than say Merton.

Yeah. To wit, farm up ~7 Force Shields, convert them to 7 Cursed Shields and then fighting 64 battles per Paladin Shield.
I was going to say "isn't it more" but I realized you could stagger the shields so you didn't Paladin-ify four at once and only have three left thereby slowing you down. I'm not very good at math :shobon:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The biggest problem with unlocking all the shields at once is that I don't have any Ribbons. Probably wouldn't be too bad with just Confusion protection though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The biggest problem with unlocking all the shields at once is that I don't have any Ribbons. Probably wouldn't be too bad with just Confusion protection though.

Ugh that's rough. Don't suppose there are any enemies you can steal some from?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I was going to say "isn't it more" but I realized you could stagger the shields so you didn't Paladin-ify four at once and only have three left thereby slowing you down. I'm not very good at math :shobon:

Don't worry, the whole system is hella confusing and it's made worse since you have no way of tracking the progress of curse removal.

To explain a bit better, you need 4 Cursed Shields to start with. Fighting a battle with one Cursed Shield per character counts as 4 battles for one shield. Just the one, the others stay as they were. Eventually that shield will become a Paladin Shield, so you swap it out for another Cursed Shield and repeat the process.
I actually made a mistake since OP already has 1 Paladin Shield so he'll need 6 Cursed Shields (3 to uncurse and 3 for "uncurse support" I guess you can call it). Hope those dragons are cooperative :suicide:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

Ugh that's rough. Don't suppose there are any enemies you can steal some from?

Don't worry, the whole system is hella confusing and it's made worse since you have no way of tracking the progress of curse removal.

To explain a bit better, you need 4 Cursed Shields to start with. Fighting a battle with one Cursed Shield per character counts as 4 battles for one shield. Just the one, the others stay as they were. Eventually that shield will become a Paladin Shield, so you swap it out for another Cursed Shield and repeat the process.
I actually made a mistake since OP already has 1 Paladin Shield so he'll need 6 Cursed Shields (3 to uncurse and 3 for "uncurse support" I guess you can call it). Hope those dragons are cooperative :suicide:

I can Morph some once I get Ragnarok, there is one somewhere in the final dungeon, and I still have those three mystery items at the Colosseum. And I'm not afraid to abuse save states to get the drops I want. :colbert:

I've also been reminded that my Mimic shares all the spells the rest of the group knows, so Kaoru can actually learn Ultima and let the Mimic use it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I personally would have preferred Ancient Castle, just purely so that you can get the disappointment out of the way about 2 more espers that you can't use/give garbage magic/give trash level bonuses (watch, them both be excellent and want to :suicide: because you can't have both...), but everyone else wants Doma, which only gives one esper to be disappointed about and probably a kickass magitek command that you'll never be able to see again unless you glitch it.

Personally going forward unless you get something better than berserker I'd just set my vote from here on out to players choice. Not like we can really spite vote you a trash party when everyone is mediocre on their best day.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Besides Ancient Castle, the three other remaining dungeons are awful. Especially Fanatics, as abyssonym did some... changes. That place is hot instant death in perma death mode and a lot of people just ignore it completely except to collect whoever is there.

Not me though, baby! I'm doing it all!

Incidentally, there IS a good team among our pile of rejects: Serena, Scar, Zepeli, and Ukyo. Maybe the mimic when we get them to replace Ukyo. They cover most of the bases. However I'm still fine with taking whatever band of misfits the thread picks because most of the time it's not hard just maybe tedious, and tedious is my middle name.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Even in Vanilla FF6, the Fanatics Tower was the Moogle Charm's time to shine. Screw that dungeon.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fanatic's Tower would have been much less annoying if it didn't have an array of auto-reflecting rear end in a top hat enemies near the top, and also if the boss wasn't set up to give you a game over unless you knew in advance to put on Reraise. Basically the tower is set up in such a way that trying to engage with it honestly is a fool's errand, so yeah, either Moogle Charm it or spam Ultima like it's going out of style.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You also can't warp off the drat thing so you have to walk down.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SSNeoman posted:

Ugh, I knew it was 4x the speed with four, but I thought it was 4 to a timer that all four shared so then it was effectively 16 at once, that's four times as bad as I thought it was!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm having an issue with viewing this thread on Monda phone and I'm posting to see if it helps.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The answer is no.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Which sucks, because it works fine on my phone.

Maybe an uninstall/reinstall will work. Good luck!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's weird, the thread works fine on my tablet and computer but only loads the first two posts on this page on my phone.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's weird, the thread works fine on my tablet and computer but only loads the first two posts on this page on my phone.

You're running out of RAM

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I swear to god.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ugh no magic command and Naru can't equip it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

ugh no magic command and Naru can't equip it.

I'm going to end up dumping three useless characters in a party with the Mimic just so the Mimic can have decent magic.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've got everything ready, I just need to find the time to write up the update. As penance, have this set of interviews that got linked in the Discord.

http://shmuplations.com/ff6/

Some cool information I didn't know about the game!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Welcome, one and all! Today we tackle some metaphysical threats and help Fuuko get their groove back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAO6qgsFlf0
Secret of Mana - Secret of the Arid Sands

Somehow, Doma Castle survived the apocalypse and doesn't have anyone living in it.

First, though, we swing by Nikeah to pick up a ring. Why? Why not?

Actually maybe I should've stayed at "Why?" Ukyo ALSO doesn't have Magic. In theory, I can take all these non-Magic users I have and put them in a group with whoever my Mime is to give them access to some baller spells.

The first thing you should always do in a spooky abandoned castle is take a nap. How else are you supposed to advance the plot?

Sadly, Fuuko died peacefully in their sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------

Please VOTE for which location we should aim for next from this list:

I'm hilarious btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMGoQtn27pU
Secret of Mana - Dancing Beasts

Oh god stop they're already dead!

When in.. Doma, do as the Domans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dau41wUr6U
Final Fantasy IV - Dancing Calcobrena

As a kid, I absolutely hated this dungeon because it's confusing and has dead ends and such. As an adult in 2019, I can just use a walkthrough. Because I pay bills and stuff.

Olduv Tor has 15,302 HP and I'm unhappy about it. Sakura doesn't have the abilities to deal with this pack very well. Most if not all of the monsters in this dungeon will also appear in the Final Dungeon, which gives you a hint of the difficulty here.

Thankfully we don't have to fight any of the kids to recover our party, just approach them.

Two Become One!

Mag Roaders are a really cool design, I think. Just bio-engineered monstrosities with wheels for appendages.

Three Become One!

This boss fight always reminds me of the Magus Sisters from FFIV which I'm sure is the entire point. The music here being Dancing Calcobrena is very appropriate.

Oh Woolsey :allears:

Watch me murder some children!

Wall Rings have been incredibly important to most boss fights so far. I have limited healing anyway, and almost all of the bosses have had some spells that I don't want to deal with.

True to character, Moe is an rear end in a top hat. He's somehow able to self target with Slow 2 and reflect it to someone in my party.

Curley is the first and most important target in this fight. Not only does he use Pearl Wind for massive healing, he can also revive his brothers with Life 2. He DOES die at zero MP so if you're able to wait out his 3181 MP, that's a viable strat. He also only has 27,027 HP so it's not really hard to wear him down to the point that Pearl Wind isn't so big.

Poor Larry is easily confused. I don't make as much use of this as I should.

This is another reason to kill Curley immediately, to disable their use of Delta Hit. Break status is easy to fix but very annoying regardless. The only use a statue has is that they're still a viable target for attacks.

Zepeli for MVP!

See this is a bad spot to be in. One person dead, one person stoned, and all three bosses still up. If I'm unlucky, I get another Delta Hit on Sahara and it's game over. Luckily Sakura is still a target so it's only a 50% chance of Sahara eating it.

Larry nopes the gently caress on out, the death of his brother too much to handle.

I am good at the video games.

Larry returns just in time to witness another murder.

He doesn't handle it very well.

This does bring out an unused part of his AI script though. Normally there's no way for a variable in his script to get to the "Cast Reflect On Yourself" part but things get weird in BC.

I manage to forget he has Reflect immediately and instead get it reflected onto Sakura.

Zepeli does their thing and Larry kills himself with whatever auto damage status he has.

code:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry (Level 47)
/-----------------------------------\
| HP: 17805 | ATK:    2 | SPD:   41 |
| MP:  2960 | DEF:  104 | HIT:  149 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:   6 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:     0 | MDEF: 165 | MBLK:   0 |
\-----------------------------------/
NULLIFY: fire, bio, wind;  WEAK: earth
IMMUNE: berserk, imp, magitek, near death, petrify, poison, seizure, sleep, stop, zombie
AUTO: float
OTHER: can't escape, humanoid
SPECIAL "Shock Ice": attack x2
SKILLS: Delta Hit, Flare, Ice 2, Ice 3, Rflect
STEAL:
DROPS:
MORPH (12%): Bolt Edge, Charm Bangle, Fire Knuckle, RegalCutlass
Curley (Level 47)
| HP: 27027 | ATK:    1 | SPD:   66 |
| MP:  3181 | DEF:  126 | HIT:  157 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:   5 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:     0 | MDEF: 125 | MBLK:   0 |
WEAK: fire, pearl
VULNERABLE: reflect, regen, vanish
AUTO: morph, near death, regen
OTHER: can't escape, dies at MP zero, humanoid
SPECIAL "Lode Blaze": attack x2
SKILLS: Bio, Fire 2, Fire 3, Haste2, Life 2, Mute, Pearl Wind, TekMissile
LORE: Pearl Wind
STEAL:
DROPS:
Moe (Level 47)
| HP: 20482 | ATK:    6 | SPD:   34 |
| MP:  2775 | DEF:   83 | HIT:  161 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:   7 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:     0 | MDEF: 166 | MBLK:   0 |
NULLIFY: fire, ice, pearl
VULNERABLE: protect, reflect, regen, vanish
AUTO: protect, reflect, regen
OTHER: can't escape, dies at MP zero, humanoid
SPECIAL "Gouge Gust": damage + mp drain
SKILLS: Bolt 2, Cure 3, Delta Hit, Ice 3, Regen, Rflect, Safe, Slow 2
STEAL:
DROPS:
Honestly they're not too bad considering those relatively tiny health pools and low damage. As long as your own party has some decent output, you shouldn't have a problem. And if nothing else, you can wait out two of them to drain their MP pools then Rasp them to death.

Fuuko's dream seems to have a piss filter applied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvEpg8PETu4
Etrian Odyssey III - Unrest - End of the Raging Waves

This song is so good and appears in this fight for reasons that are unclear to me. I also just noticed I didn't get a shot with their name in it, which is Baboto.

Baboto has 21,493 HP and horrible things like Atomic Ray, Bolt 3, Cave In and Doom, while their Special attack just straight up causes death.

Except they also have Auto Imp status, the poor bastards. The only thing they can do is Cave In (which hurts) and the rest of their turns are wasted to no effect.

Doom is actually a counter attack, even.

Mostly unremarkable except for one thing, from Saab over there.

I considered farming these for more drops but decided against it when I discovered the next pack that appears.

Olduv and Toffle are bags of HP but otherwise not terrible.

Dwele Hei is a god damned horrible bastard.

code:
Dwele Hei (Level 53)
| HP: 65535 | ATK:   20 | SPD:  129 |
| MP: 65534 | DEF:  222 | HIT:  151 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:  13 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:     0 | MDEF: 218 | MBLK:   0 |
NULLIFY: fire, pearl, water
IMMUNE: berserk, condemned, confuse, death, imp, magitek, slow, stop, vanish, zombie
OTHER: can't escape
SPECIAL "KneeRemedy": attack x4
SKILLS: Aero, Cyclonic, L.5 Doom
RAGE: Aero, KneeRemedy
LORE: Aero, L.5 Doom
STEAL:
DROPS:
Not only do they have max HP, they also hit super hard and are immune to every useful status. I was reduced to throwing most of my collected weapons and way too many shurikens for my comfort.

Sakura kept dying to L.5 Doom and Zepeli didn't have the HP to survive Aero most of the time. This is why I decided to leave instead of trying to farm more Megalixirs.

Aww yis, gonna use some magical robots!

Wait, what? Terra is supposed to have all eight Magitek commands! What gives?!

As I found out later, the problem lies with the Moogle (clock) Suit. For whatever reason, it actually changes the sprite of the character which also affects things like Magitek commands, because this game is held together by duct tape.

I went back to check; Zepeli replaces Exploder with Shock Wave, and then has X-fer and Schiller. That's a big pile of lovely garbage.

Small rickety bridge? No problem!

G-g-g-g-g-ghosts!

Hey! Give us the corpse of our friend back!

This is another reason I hated Cyan's Dream. I'm not a fan of the gimmick and I would always just use the X-zone trick to end the fight immediately. Sadly that glitch is fixed in BC.

Instead, I have to do the fight for real.

The gimmick is that Wrexsoul disappears inside one of your characters and you have to kill people one by one to make the boss reappear. While also dealing with the crap its minions throw out. It's a cool idea for a fight I just don't like actually doing it.

Wall Rings! What can't they do?

For whatever reason, the bottom SoulSaver only attacks the other SoulSaver when using their Special Attack. Which is actually named "Attack" because RNG.

Even without Ultima, Zepeli still tears pretty deeply into Wrexsoul with a Fight command. Sakura does too!

SoulSavers only have an MPOW of 4, making Cure 3 negligible at best.

Look at them go!

Nothing can protect you from Ultima, Sakura.

Sahara kills a ghost inside a dream with a real Shuriken. Video games are wild.

code:
Wrexsoul (Level 53)
| HP: 41436 | ATK:   36 | SPD:   52 |
| MP:  6644 | DEF:   88 | HIT:  155 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:   7 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:     0 | MDEF: 237 | MBLK:   0 |
NULLIFY: fire, pearl;  WEAK: ice
VULNERABLE: image, protect, regen, shell
AUTO: shell
OTHER: can't escape
SPECIAL "Protect": condemned
SKILLS: Bolt 3, Ice 3, Zinger
STEAL: Graedus
DROPS: Graedus, Relic Ring
SoulSaver (Level 41)
/----------------------------------\
| HP: 3456 | ATK:   66 | SPD:   20 |
| MP:  733 | DEF:  184 | HIT:  149 |
| XP:    0 | MPOW:   4 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:    0 | MDEF: 185 | MBLK:   0 |
\----------------------------------/
NULLIFY: fire, pearl;  WEAK: ice
IMMUNE: confuse, death, haste, imp, mute, near death, poison, regen, seizure, sleep, stop, vanish
AUTO: float
OTHER: can't escape, humanoid
SPECIAL "Attack": damage + mp drain
SKILLS: Bolt 3, Cure 3, Fire 3, Flare, Rflect
STEAL:
DROPS:

Fuuko realizes their worth as a person and would unlock their 8th SwdTech if they had the command.

We're back in the real world and Fuuko refuses to discuss all the pee in their dreams.

Don't forget to go back to the King's throne! You can see this for a moment after Fuuko wakes up but if you aren't paying attention, it's easy not to even realize there's an Esper there.

Some good spells and good stats. Only Serena can equip it. Guess which command Serena doesn't have!

ALL TREASURES
Ether
Tao Robe
Poison Rod
Oath Veil
ThunderBlade
Sky Render x2
Relic Ring

Purchased
Cursed Ring

Phoenix Cave - If you vote for this place, please also VOTE for which FOUR characters I should NOT take. I'll compose the parties myself from the remaining eight, for my own sanity.

Ancient Castle

Fanatic's Tower is still off limits because I need our Relm replacement to snag the Strago replacement there. I bet you can never guess where we'll find them!

Please ALSO VOTE for the four characters we will bring with us, with any changes that are noted above.

I'll give it maybe a weekish for votes to come in. Y'all are pretty good about voting fast though!

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 24, 2019

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sadly, Fuuko died peacefully in their sleep.

random vote early in the post

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

random vote early in the post

Or.. is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Looks like a good place for a vote to me.

and I'll vote Ancient Castle with no preference on characters because for some reason no one's status screens are loading.