Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cheap Trick posted:

I wasn't aware that there was an update that was delayed, nonetheless I'm looking forward to whatever compensation freebies they'll be throwing my way :D

They were decent, I got a 100 premium and 60 legendary scrolls, a ton of crystals a other stuff. Plus they gave us all the daily rewards we missed. And gave us the first few days of the jump start event rewards.

I got my sier to +6 now but the legendary scrolls were a bust, no Levia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
Finally finished PixelPuzzle. Are there any other worthwhile picross games?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nonograms Katana will set you for life

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How's Dungeon Warfare 2? I know it's out on Steam and other platforms, but I'm really only interested in the Android version.

Love the hell out of the first one.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How's Dungeon Warfare 2? I know it's out on Steam and other platforms, but I'm really only interested in the Android version.

Super good. It's exactly what you expect from a sequel. Gameplay is just as good with more features.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Fantastic. There's quite a bit more depth this time around with specific traps being modifiable via Items (IE Chakram Traps can knockback, Push Trap will stun units when pushing against a wall, etc) and Skills to modify all trap/game behaviour (Increase gold income, Increase Damage, etc)

It's also introduced prestiging which is basically a reset at higher difficulty but you keep some skill points from previous run throughs.

If I had one complaint, it would be that you still cannot build invincible barriers. I get why not, but its still annoying.

PS: Axe Trap is life, or more specifically: death.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kris xK posted:

Fantastic. There's quite a bit more depth this time around with specific traps being modifiable via Items (IE Chakram Traps can knockback, Push Trap will stun units when pushing against a wall, etc) and Skills to modify all trap/game behaviour (Increase gold income, Increase Damage, etc)

It's also introduced prestiging which is basically a reset at higher difficulty but you keep some skill points from previous run throughs.

If I had one complaint, it would be that you still cannot build invincible barriers. I get why not, but its still annoying.

PS: Axe Trap is life, or more specifically: death.

Ooooh, I love this sort of thing, especially when it's NOT in a F2P game.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Minecraft Earth is live. It keeps crashing. :)

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Minecraft Earth doesn't really do anything for me.

The only map event is "adventure" in which you have to get out of your car and lean over a fake hole in the ground.
You can't go into the hole, and you sword has infinite hit distance into the hole.

It's really loving hard to build. Buildings exist in your pocket and not in the world where people can see them. And if you put your 8x8 pocket "world" down in play mode it won't fit in your house unless you have a lot of entirely empty rooms.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I'm still baffled by the Bubble Shooter "We'll pay you to play this game" ads. How is that still allowed?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Kunster posted:

I'm still baffled by the Bubble Shooter "We'll pay you to play this game" ads. How is that still allowed?

I've wondered about those too. And also the scratch off lotto types. But Publishers Clearinghouse runs one of those themselves too so it must be legal or they wouldn't risk doing it.

They probably actually pay out a bunch of money/gift cards because they rake in a lot of money from making everyone watch a ton of ads.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, I don't see how it's different to any other kind of skill-based tournament with cash prizes. As long as they are actually paying out.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Montalvo posted:

Minecraft Earth is live. It keeps crashing. :)

Keeps saying it's incompatible with my device though all indications are that it should be, weird.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

kdrudy posted:

Keeps saying it's incompatible with my device though all indications are that it should be, weird.

Maybe its saying it's incompatible with your reality?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's also incredibly boring and pointless so don't worry about it

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, I don't see how it's different to any other kind of skill-based tournament with cash prizes. As long as they are actually paying out.

The game's google play page for the particular game i get these from (bubble shooter) doesn't advertise that tho !

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Kunster posted:

The game's google play page for the particular game i get these from (bubble shooter) doesn't advertise that tho !

Someone else explained those ads that show a different gameplay than what the game is and it is because the ads are made by someone else not connected to the game because they get money from ad views and click through (which is why a lot open the play store).

They don't care if you like the real game or can make any money from it. They are just using things that will get people to click or install it.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Anyone playing Epic's new freemium game called Battle Breakers? It's pretty neat, though I haven't played the other big games like AFK Arena or Epic 7 to compare them against it.

It's a solid time-waster turn-based RPG game that doesn't have either ads or energy system so you can just run it on auto in the background. Instead of a traditional Gacha it looks like they have a extremely confusing system where you can earn 3* rolls by grinding levels, 4* rolls by accumulating one currency, and 5* rolls by accumulating a third currency that seems to basically drop only from chests and first-time clear bonuses. The other form of F2P progression is that you buy chests with gems and you get magic tickets that you exchange for specific weekly heroes.

One big caveat is that since it's Epic they want you to download the APK through their Epic Launcher instead of through the google store which I know is a deal-breaker for some people.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RoboCicero posted:

Anyone playing Epic's new freemium game called Battle Breakers? It's pretty neat, though I haven't played the other big games like AFK Arena or Epic 7 to compare them against it.

It's a solid time-waster turn-based RPG game that doesn't have either ads or energy system so you can just run it on auto in the background. Instead of a traditional Gacha it looks like they have a extremely confusing system where you can earn 3* rolls by grinding levels, 4* rolls by accumulating one currency, and 5* rolls by accumulating a third currency that seems to basically drop only from chests and first-time clear bonuses. The other form of F2P progression is that you buy chests with gems and you get magic tickets that you exchange for specific weekly heroes.

One big caveat is that since it's Epic they want you to download the APK through their Epic Launcher instead of through the google store which I know is a deal-breaker for some people.

Can you possibly link to where I can find the APK? I went through the Epic Store thing on my phone and I think I just got the game on my PC by accident..

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Can you possibly link to where I can find the APK? I went through the Epic Store thing on my phone and I think I just got the game on my PC by accident..

I downloaded it through the Samsung store if you have one of their phones, otherwise I think if you go here: https://fortnite.com/android on your phone it should download the launcher, then you can download battle breakers from there. It's kind of weird because they released Fortnite mobile outside the play store, and then they repurposed that app into a launcher, but the only things on there are Fortnite and now Battle Breaker.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Very niche I suppose but is anyone else getting Football Manager Mobile (or Touch) 2020 tomorrow? I really got my money's worth out of FMM 2019 so looking forward to how much time I can squander on my commute instead of doing something productive!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Anybody play Golf Clash? Thought it might be cool if enough people do to maybe get a goon clan going. The one I'm in isn't very active.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Honky Dong Country posted:

Anybody play Golf Clash? Thought it might be cool if enough people do to maybe get a goon clan going. The one I'm in isn't very active.

I liked it but the timers on everything and blatent P2W stuff killed it for me.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
It'd be more fun if you could play a straight 18. It has good mechanics, it's just riddled with p2w poo poo and loading screen everywhere.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I like the concept of games like battle breakers and afk arena, but I can't get past the Monty Python forced animation style art. It just feels so lazy, like they did 1 drawing of each character, then just morphed it around to simulate motion like a puppet.

Are there game like these that are either 3d rendered or sprites or something?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I like the concept of games like battle breakers and afk arena, but I can't get past the Monty Python forced animation style art. It just feels so lazy, like they did 1 drawing of each character, then just morphed it around to simulate motion like a puppet.

Are there game like these that are either 3d rendered or sprites or something?

If you care about art and don't mind anime-ish looks, Epic 7 is probably the best looking turn-based team battler.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RoboCicero posted:

Anyone playing Epic's new freemium game called Battle Breakers?

I played it back in 2017 or whatever even it test launched in a few countries on the Play Store.

It was fun for a bit but the grind set in pretty fast and they updated it once ever then went completely radio silent.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

CompeAnansi posted:

If you care about art and don't mind anime-ish looks, Epic 7 is probably the best looking turn-based team battler.

Thanks for this! I'll give this a look. I've seen people post about it in the thread before, I just never looked into what it was.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
I've been having fun with this game StarBeard, sort of a twist on match 3, but with power ups, StS-style pathing, and quite a bit of strategy--sometimes the game is too hard for its own good, but it's still fun when you sort of solve a level. It's a pay-once, no IAP thing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LeviathanGames.StarBeard&hl=en_US

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Are any of the Warhammer games good? Outside of Warhammer Quest 1 and 2 which is hard, but at least it playable. All the other ones I've found are either lame card games or the MP games that are designed to suck 20k out of you a month to stay top tier.

Why isn't there a Warhammer Gatcha game?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

Are any of the Warhammer games good? Outside of Warhammer Quest 1 and 2 which is hard, but at least it playable. All the other ones I've found are either lame card games or the MP games that are designed to suck 20k out of you a month to stay top tier.

Dunno about fantasy but 40k's Freeblade is okayish. I still play it every now and then. You pilot imperial knight mechs and blow stuff up.

E: well not so much pilot as tap in different ways on stuff to shoot it while the knight walks on rails.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Honky Dong Country posted:

Dunno about fantasy but 40k's Freeblade is okayish. I still play it every now and then. You pilot imperial knight mechs and blow stuff up.

E: well not so much pilot as tap in different ways on stuff to shoot it while the knight walks on rails.

Yea that's what I found from it. It was okay. You'd think with the shotgun approach GW has been with its licensing, at least one mobile game would be decent.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Thanks for this! I'll give this a look. I've seen people post about it in the thread before, I just never looked into what it was.

Epic 7 Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899108

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

twistedmentat posted:

The quest games cost way more than you think. It's like $5 to get in, but if you want all the chapters, it's like $25 a game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Arms_Akimbo posted:

The quest games cost way more than you think. It's like $5 to get in, but if you want all the chapters, it's like $25 a game.

Yea i bought them all for the first one, plus all the characters. The Warrior Priest made the game super easy. haven't done that with the second one.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I've been playing the very-poorly named "My Turn" and enjoying the hell out of it, ignoring many iffy translations. It's so fun that I refused to believe it's not a ripoff of another game, but I can't find anything else exactly like it. Anyone know if this is a blatant copy of something else, and if so what is it?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Darkest Dungeon sort of for the combat layout

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Looking forward to Cygames' pinball(?) themed fantasy gacha game they've been slowly teasing this week. Not sure if there will be a western release, though.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

BoldFace posted:

Looking forward to Cygames' pinball(?) themed fantasy gacha game they've been slowly teasing this week. Not sure if there will be a western release, though.

oooooo now i am too!
please if u find an apk or something let us know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

how pinball we talkin here??