Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SKULL.GIF posted:

Matty is a contrarian fucklib who consistently tries to needle the left. He was tolerable up until about the time that the primary "began" earlier this year, now he mostly just tries to rile up the left while hiding behind a mask of "This is very reasonable! You're reacting way too much about what I'm saying!". He doesn't really contribute anything useful.

He's been pretty much crap since he first come onto the scene as a blogger in the early 2000s and has worked his way up the ladder by being pretty much crap. He'll have his own show on CNN weekends one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

1glitch0 posted:

He'll have his own show on CNN weekends one day.

Boo hiss.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Jesus loving Christ, she managed to make me feel dirty for voting for her.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Matt & Ezra Klein Show coming in 2025 to a CNN near you! They'll bring the news to you straight down the middle, calling out both extremes every Saturday morning at 10am!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

The Matt & Ezra Klein Show coming in 2025 to a CNN near you! They'll bring the news to you straight down the middle, calling out both extremes every Saturday morning at 10am!

Joining us tonight is CNN contributor John Bolton, here to tell us why we need to stay in Iran for just a few more years!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Majorian posted:

Joining us tonight is CNN contributor John Bolton, here to tell us why we need to stay in Iran for just a few more years!

"The next two years are crucial! It's only 4 more Friedman Units!"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1194830580896145408

:cripes: Surprised this isn't a Cilizza take.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

OK, NBC

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The b stands for boomer

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Sanguinia posted:

The b stands for boomer

Notorious
Boomer
Chuds

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

quote:

But at a time when Democrats are simultaneously eager to influence public opinion in favor of ousting the president and quietly apprehensive that their hearings could stall or backfire, the first round felt more like the dress rehearsal for a serious one-act play than opening night for a hit Broadway musical.

These people didn't get into journalism for journalism. It was their second choice for a major when they couldn't cut it as a theater major. They're BORED! ""Someone hit someone with a steel chair!!! Gosh, being a journalist at the front line for something that could be bigger than Watergate is just SOOOO BORING!!!"

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Are there any hearings today (Thursday)?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

pahuyuth posted:

Are there any hearings today (Thursday)?

No, Friday.

Also, from that NBC article:

quote:

Taylor did create a stir when he told the committee one of his aides overheard an ambassador at the center of the story, Gordon Sondland, talking to the president about Ukraine on the phone. Afterward, Sondland told the staffer that Trump cared more about getting Ukraine to open investigations into Biden, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, and his son Hunter than about any issues that mattered to the Ukrainians.

But that served as more of a footnote than a headline.

Gosh, if only an NBC reporter could make that the headline instead of a footnote. If only...

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

He's a machine for hot takes. He says things that are good about as often as he says things that are bad, and every now and then he says something that's totally reprehensible.

I listen to The Weeds because I find it to be pretty good for policy discussion if you can tune out the opinions of everyone involved, and I have no idea how anyone can listen to that podcast and not come away loving hating him.

He also has the thinnest of skin if you call out his worst neoliberal takes, much like popehat.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

We have legitimate concerns
Don't you believe in free speech?

She should just leave Danica Roem out of the book if she's going to be like this.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
welp, better add some razzle dazzle to the plan:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I almost passed out laughing at this. Holy goddamn poo poo.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

trumps right, the news really is the enemy

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

The republicans have already made up their mind without hearing the evidence. They have no integrity. They care only about maintaining their power in order to enact the will of their donors while they throw either racist, religious, or isolationist red meat to the trump base. I say trump base instead of republican base because all elected republicans know full well that this is the party of Trump now. They have worked really hard gaslighting, lying, and sensationalizing to get to this point. They have created this monster.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I do think that the ideological sorting of the parties makes being LBJ in the current day impossible. There's not enough quids to pro quo.

Bring back earmarks!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Also his twitter is full of really dumb musings. Not even politically dumb, just basic dumb boomer dad logic dumb; stuff he could find answers to in 3 seconds on google dumb.

That is one seriously dunkable twitter account.

Born in 1981, so late generation X, early millennial depending on what standard you follow.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ague Proof posted:

We have legitimate concerns
Don't you believe in free speech?

She should just leave Danica Roem out of the book if she's going to be like this.

Haha I remember a month or two back where she implied treating a trans child as a human being was a difficult choice and the usual suspects jumped in front of speeding posts to insist she didn't mean it that way

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

Bring back earmarks!

Unironically this.

Bribing southern politicians is the only thing that’s ever worked.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FizFashizzle posted:

Unironically this.

Bribing southern politicians is the only thing that’s ever worked.

I think you're forgetting about Sherman's March to the Sea - that was pretty effective

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Haha I remember a month or two back where she implied treating a trans child as a human being was a difficult choice and the usual suspects jumped in front of speeding posts to insist she didn't mean it that way

Deciding to stay with your cheating rapist president husband is just like when your kid is trans.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1194604223373205504

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

1glitch0 posted:

No, Friday.

Also, from that NBC article:

Gosh, if only an NBC reporter could make that the headline instead of a footnote. If only...

I have just about given up on MSM. They only care about keeping the elites rich and powerful. If it upsets the apple cart they don't care.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah IP, here's the thing. I know about My Lai. I know a lot about Vietnam! It's a hosed-up subject, one that fundamentally broke the country and contributed greatly to the hellscape in which we currently live, and LBJ played a large role in the escalation of the war and the general conduct during it. You didn't say a single thing I didn't already know, while also ignoring my larger point that LBJ did more for the poor and disenfranchised than almost any other US legislator during the 20th century. Civil Rights Act of '57 and '64, the Voting Rights Act, Medicare and Medicaid, food stamps, massive investments in education and other programs... the bedrock of the welfare state on which we still rely was created by LBJ and his Great Society, and he accomplished it by being a masterful legislator and manipulator.

He was an awful person in many ways! And yet he did more than almost any other legislator in trying to make the country a better place. It's a massive contrast, and that is the point I am trying to make here.

Can you define who you mean by "the poor and disenfranchised"?

Are you including those Americans who were poor and drafted to go die, get maimed physically and/or psychologically?

Are you including any Vietnamese people at all?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

e:nm IP took care of it. Leaving the last bit.

If you don't like IP's style then put him on ignore. I for one enjoy people who put actual thought in their posts, even if I am not one of them

syntaxrigger fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 14, 2019

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Side note: "respectable interagency concensus" was negotiating deals that would keep Yanukovich in power. The Ukrainian people did not pay attention to that.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/elatticus/status/1194825306156290048

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is beyond hosed up

https://mobile.twitter.com/pdacosta/status/1194937991032012800

https://mobile.twitter.com/fahrettinaltun/status/1194962402850283523

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Looking forward to crates of Triggered showing up at thrift stores.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Not like this is surprising. This is the way wealthy do things; Throw money at it till it fixes itself. I'd be more shocked if he hadn't done this

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1194826909156335616

EVERYTHING THE LIBS SAID WAS BULLSHIT BECAUSE *checks notes* they drink water?

https://twitter.com/schwartzbCNBC/status/1194731650544021515

Billionaires are so loving mad and its amazing every time

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 14, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1194826909156335616

EVERYTHING THE LIBS SAID WAS BULLSHIT BECAUSE *checks notes* they drink water?

This is pathetic. I'm ashamed that we are at a stalemate with evil of such low caliber.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Stickman posted:

He also has the thinnest of skin if you call out his worst neoliberal takes, much like popehat.

Case in point
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1194812637651046401?s=19

Someone tell Matt the marketplace of ideas has determined he's a poo poo poster

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

This is pathetic. I'm ashamed that we are at a stalemate with evil of such low caliber.

the morning insanity team is literally saying the dems failed because the testimony wasn't 'exciting', they're just admitting they can't argue with what's being said and it's hilarious

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

A quick reminder is that Trump will always be convinced by the last person that spoke to him. Because of this, he is going to make sure to label the Kurds as terrorists and bomb our former allies in the Middle East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Wasn’t there already a story about the Trump campaign mass pre-ordering his sons book?