Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Desperado Bones posted:

It IS riddled with nazis, they just keep it down here in the forums. :ssh:
I know of ex-goons that claim they got lured in to white supremacy by other goons.

Yeah the SF thread had a couple unironic Proud Boys, who got chased out of that thread, but the weren't banned or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

That's a huge YIKES.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skwirl posted:

Yeah the SF thread had a couple unironic Proud Boys, who got chased out of that thread, but the weren't banned or anything.
What the gently caress, mods. I guess that's more of a complaint to take to QCS.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What the gently caress, mods. I guess that's more of a complaint to take to QCS.

It was a year or two ago, whenever those loving "free speech rallies" started happening, so a little late.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Skwirl posted:

It was a year or two ago, whenever those loving "free speech rallies" started happening, so a little late.

It's never too late to punch permaban a nazi

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What is SF?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's never too late to punch permaban a nazi

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Something Fawful: The Internet Makes You HAVE FURY

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

I forget if we count letters to the editor here, posting it anyway

Idiots Writing Letters to the Editor could be its own thread but it would have to include every letter to the editor in existence because only lunatics write them.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

San Francisco

Skwirl posted:

Another one entered the thread to say hell yeah to the original one. This happened a few months ago?

Edit: Found it:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032519&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=342#post499069150

GrandpaPants has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Nov 14, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This kind of thing makes me so glad that SA is so heavily moderated. There's the occasional right wing nutjob that shows up here but they're typically banned/perma'd/run out on a rail in pretty short order. As much as it's a slower online community than drat near anywhere else online, at least it's not riddled with nazi's.

When SA was going through that financial crisis, Twitter was loaded with former goons and goon-adjacents talking about and reminiscing about the forums, it started out with banned people going "RIP and good riddans" but the consensus developed that the heavy moderation has helped it avoid the infestation of white supremacist and alt-right crazies that have infiltrated every open space on the internet, and thus was good and so was the cover charge.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

San Francisco. Some of the "free speech" rallies were at UC Berkeley.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hell, I’m just gonna say it; SA is good

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SA is net good, and only barely

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

christmas boots posted:

Sounds like we need more honeypot threads

Unironic agree, especially tankies. I will idiot king the tankie honeypot.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Idiots Writing Letters to the Editor could be its own thread but it would have to include every letter to the editor in existence because only lunatics write them.

Wait I used to write letters to the editor... o h n o .

T-man has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Nov 14, 2019

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

https://twitter.com/mikethiccit/status/1195096078829404162?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Biplane posted:

Hell, I’m just gonna say it; SA is good

The Sturmabteilung? Mods!!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Via a sorta acquaintance that I know though my social circle:

He's basically the guy that watches Nunes the last two days and slowly nods his head while thinking "Yeah, that's right!"

edit : another recent one:

Which makes no sense. Looks like a trans woman using the bathroom they were forced to use by a Republican bathroom law.

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Nov 14, 2019

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

zoux posted:

When SA was going through that financial crisis, Twitter was loaded with former goons and goon-adjacents talking about and reminiscing about the forums, it started out with banned people going "RIP and good riddans" but the consensus developed that the heavy moderation has helped it avoid the infestation of white supremacist and alt-right crazies that have infiltrated every open space on the internet, and thus was good and so was the cover charge.

SA is good, but every time we eject a toxic subset of the community they metastasise into a force for evil.

We're an asymptomatic patient zero.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/808booming/status/1194758786751377408

https://twitter.com/808booming/status/1194243782595743744

https://twitter.com/808booming/status/1194457554312675328

https://twitter.com/808booming/status/1194439153485799424

https://twitter.com/808booming/status/1194437738872950784

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Tony Phillips posted:

edit : another recent one:

Which makes no sense. Looks like a trans woman using the bathroom they were forced to use by a Republican bathroom law.
What the gently caress? Do you people want trans women using women's bathrooms or don't you?! Make up your loving mind!
I'm being facetious of course, I know the real answer is that they just want trans people of all stripes to stop existing entirely and that their mere presence is seen as intolerable, but sometimes it's fun to pretend they work on some level of actual honesty.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

SA is good, but every time we eject a toxic subset of the community they metastasise into a force for evil.

We're an asymptomatic patient zero.

Tyhpoid Lowtax.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Bigots: "them trannies just want to get into bathrooms to take pictures of people peeing!"

Also bigots:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Who could've guessed it was projection again. I'm stumped.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Mods, requesting name change to George Sorrows.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Madkal posted:

Mods, requesting name change to George Sorrows.

You gotta request Da NameChange!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

WHAT A CLOWN *toilet flush*

Phy posted:

Tyhpoid Lowtax.

I like to think that we're the first online community to develop good antibodies and Reddit and 4chan are going to purge the nazis onto 8kun, at which point we set it alight and push it into the ocean. Metaphorically.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Tony Phillips posted:

Via a sorta acquaintance that I know though my social circle:

I legitimately can't tell if he's trying to emulate Trump's weird disjointed posting style or if boomers in general have lost the ability to write coherently.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fake Japanese girlfriend again

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Some premium technolibertarian fart-huffing:

https://twitter.com/prestonjbyrne/status/1193966929314226177

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Why is this individual "Australia"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

hyperhazard posted:

I legitimately can't tell if he's trying to emulate Trump's weird disjointed posting style or if boomers in general have lost the ability to write coherently.

Conservatives are dumb as gently caress my dude, this is hardly new information.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

This also implies that you REALLY care who's standing next to you peeing, like visually. That in your peripheral you just MUST see a man peeing and not someone who looks like a woman.

I don't know, kinda says something.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I went looking to see if that was real and while it seems to have been deleted it did lead to me stumbling upon this poorly timed post by one of the local communities:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Grimdude posted:

I like how we're supposed to assume the guy is having a shared wtf look with the camera, instead of just glaring directly at the person taking his picture at the urinal.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Grimdude posted:

This also implies that you REALLY care who's standing next to you peeing, like visually. That in your peripheral you just MUST see a man peeing and not someone who looks like a woman.

I don't know, kinda says something.

The number of men out there who care if you pee next to them or not is way too drat high. The whole "leave one space between urinals" thing as a "man code" is loving embarrassing and I see a lot of dudes who unironically believe in that poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

The number of men out there who care if you pee next to them or not is way too drat high. The whole "leave one space between urinals" thing as a "man code" is loving embarrassing and I see a lot of dudes who unironically believe in that poo poo.

Sorry but it’s nice to have personal space when your dick is out regardless of whether or not its a “man code” thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mind the walrus posted:

I don't give a poo poo about whatever "man code" is, but it's goddamn weird when somebody stands right next to you while peeing when there's any number of other choices available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sorry but it’s nice to have personal space when your dick is out regardless of whether or not its a “man code” thing.

Yeah, if I have the option for a little room I’m gonna take it, both for my comfort and for the comfort of my fellow pissers. It’s not like people will wait for a gap to open up when the bathroom is packed, but when you have the option, why wouldn’t you?