Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

magic cactus posted:

Obviously they're going to bring back Sting as a totally awesome surprise.

They're gonna have a flashback to when the Baron bumped off his dad and BOOM IT'S STING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Sting shows up as Feyd with no digital de-aging looking just as buff as ever the sexy, sexy bastard

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

message by cielago, yeah

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Emperor Paul brooded. How could he avert the bloody galactic jihad that was to be waged in his name? Was there nothing that could be done to stop, or at least blunt, the carnage? His thoughts were interrupted by a rap at his door. "Stilgar, come in."

"Muad'ib there is an important decision to be made. The name for our peacekeeping force made up of all our finest warriors. Our commandos."

Commandos. thought Paul and the vision of the deaths- billions strong, that history would lay at his feet flashed through his mind, That won't do at all.

He had to change the name. To avert this terrible future, "How about... the Death Commandos?"

"Whoahahaha that's real good usul that will get the men really psyched up we're gonna glass like a billion loving worlds thanks." And Stilgar hustled out of the room.

"...."

"....gently caress"

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GBUW2Jw6LQ
Never saw this one before. It's... something.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Baron von der Loon posted:

I'm Rabban's harelip.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Prolonged Priapism posted:

message by cielago, yeah

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
So I just got to chapterhouse Dune, was not expecting Jews in space lmao.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Tarantula posted:

So I just got to chapterhouse Dune, was not expecting Jews in space lmao.

Courtesy of https://talktotransformer.com/

Dune: Jews in space

Chapter 1

I was a pilot, and we were on the way to the planet of Arrakis. The air was very cold. The walls were made of transparent plastic, the walls of which were covered with metal screens. The ceiling was made of transparent plastic as well. It seemed like the entire surface was a screen. And in the center of the screen was a black disk with a golden face on it. The face was glowing, showing the interior of the starship. It had a huge nose with a few little black spots. I could see two little black figures on the bridge, looking out over the sea. One was looking at me, and the other was looking back at the screen. I think they were the two crew members who had been playing chess on the bridge, and were now staring out into space.

I knew that the ship was the one that I had seen, but there was no way of knowing what it was. I had to make a decision as to where I was going.

As we approached the planet, I turned and looked out the window. It was Arrakis, and it was a beautiful planet. I felt good about myself as I looked out at the horizon. This was where I was going to make my grand entrance.
A few moments later I heard a noise behind me. It was a large black figure that had appeared on the horizon. As it stopped, I saw that the figure was a woman dressed in a black bodysuit with a black mask. The hood was pulled down, so I could see her face and her eyes were large and glowing. I recognized her as the leader of the Fremen.
The figure started walking towards me and I backed away. The woman didn't seem to care and kept walking. She wasn't looking at me. She was staring straight ahead and ignoring me.
I continued walking back towards my group. "This woman is the leader of the Fremen," I said. "You guys will meet her and the Fremen at the water tower." I looked at my group. They all nodded.
"She will explain what's going on and we will make a plan to deal with her." I said. "I'll be back soon."

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Huh. Matt Keeslar, the actor who played Feyd in the miniseries, is now a practicing physician’s assistant in urology.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Lovely Matt

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ratatozsk posted:

Huh. Matt Keeslar, the actor who played Feyd in the miniseries, is now a practicing physician’s assistant in urology.

It is by will alone I set the catheter in motion

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pham Nuwen posted:

It is by will alone I set the catheter in motion

The slow catheter penetrates the urethra

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Piss without rhythm and hope it doesn’t burn

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
I found Sandworms of Dune in one of those free book libraries that get set up in parks and I’m about halfway through. So far it’s just “remember all the characters you liked from the previous six books? They’re all alive again!” I like that the chapters are short but I really hate Paulo.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

tbb9 posted:

I found Sandworms of Dune in one of those free book libraries that get set up in parks and I’m about halfway through. So far it’s just “remember all the characters you liked from the previous six books? They’re all alive again!” I like that the chapters are short but I really hate Paulo.

Sir you might need to see a therapist because the book you say you're reading doesn't exist.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Can you imagine naming a character in a real book “Paolo”?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Anne Frank Funk posted:

The first draft of Hunters had the paul ghola named as "paaru-san" but the bakka gaijins didn't get it and so here we are

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Tree Bucket posted:

Shields are a weird nexus of multiple plot threads. They stop guns AND attract worms AND blow up w/lasers AND can be beaten with knives...
And then, why is knife fighting so common? No one was running around medieval battlefields with miscellaneous knives. If anything the Sardaukar should present massed pike formations with a few sword-and-buckler dudes in the front.

Medieval warriors specifically carried thin bladed daggers to thrust through the armours' weak points.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

Honky Dong Country posted:

Sir you might need to see a therapist because the book you say you're reading doesn't exist.

It exists, I’m excited to find out who the stupid old couple from chapterhouse are.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

tbb9 posted:

It exists, I’m excited to find out who the stupid old couple from chapterhouse are.

There is no way that the reveal Brian and KJA wrote is what Herbert actually intended, and you are gonna be super dissapointed.

I’m just going off the wiki summary but the whole plot is a train wreck.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There is no way that the reveal Brian and KJA wrote is what Herbert actually intended,

Not only is there no way it’s what he intended, it’s directly contradictory to what he actually wrote in Chapterhouse

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

skasion posted:

Not only is there no way it’s what he intended, it’s directly contradictory to what he actually wrote in Chapterhouse

Lol sick

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Isn't that a pretty common Hispanic name? Or Greek.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

No, the o just means he’s evil.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Pauul.

The slightly taller, evil clone of Paul.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

this is the xmas gift i got for my dad this year, a replica of the ducal signet ring of house atreides. he's a big dunehead and a lynchhead

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Italian.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well I was right if you average it out geographically.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

drunkill posted:

Pauul.

The slightly taller, evil clone of Paul.

It's this. Remember, KJA wrote star wars EU novels.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Paolo is a real name btw. It's as bad as luke/luukke but yeah also real

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Former DILF posted:

this is the xmas gift i got for my dad this year, a replica of the ducal signet ring of house atreides. he's a big dunehead and a lynchhead

You just put a big bullseye on your dad’s forehead. The Baron’s men are gonna be after him.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

ChubbyChecker posted:

Medieval warriors specifically carried thin bladed daggers to thrust through the armours' weak points.

That was something that always bothered me about shields and large scale warfare. You would think you would put your elite dudes in Space Plate Armour as well as a shield. They should be able to make something that is proof against a knife being pushed through it for that matter. Space metal chain in the joints or whatever.

But then I am not quite sure what combat would look like. People with combat cordless angle iron grinders wrestling each other then trying to cut into armour?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Patrat posted:

That was something that always bothered me about shields and large scale warfare. You would think you would put your elite dudes in Space Plate Armour as well as a shield. They should be able to make something that is proof against a knife being pushed through it for that matter. Space metal chain in the joints or whatever.

But then I am not quite sure what combat would look like. People with combat cordless angle iron grinders wrestling each other then trying to cut into armour?

Angle grinders would be too fast. Powered clamps perhaps? And gas. And lasgun mines or RC drones with lasguns.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Special slingshots to launch house ferrets so that they can squirm into the joints of your enemy’s armor and eat him from the inside out

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Clamps? CLAMPS!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Baron von der Loon posted:

What the hell

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I saw that game in a Babbidge’s a long, long time ago and even 10th grade me was like “nooooope”

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I skimmed through and didn't really see much gameplay, just cutscene after cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

I skimmed through and didn't really see much gameplay, just cutscene after cutscene.
Isn't that the point of that game?