Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

PainterofCrap posted:

WTF is with the tumour roof-thing on the far-left slope?

I noticed that, too. Maybe the house is giving birth to a shed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Isn't this Tony Soprano's house?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

WTF is with the tumour roof-thing on the far-left slope?

Somebody didn't turn off snap to fit in AutoCAD, and the builder shrugged and did it anyway because it was on the plans.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
itt we're general contractors explaining why we need another $1000

My in laws had a house built a couple years ago. They had the builder install a tile backsplash, and they screwed it up.
The builder wanted them to pay extra to get it fixed, "because the subcontractor screwed it up and we will have to pay them to fix it".

Sounds like a problem between the builder and the sub to me!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Joint. And. Several. Liability.”

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

canyoneer posted:

itt we're general contractors explaining why we need another $1000

My in laws had a house built a couple years ago. They had the builder install a tile backsplash, and they screwed it up.
The builder wanted them to pay extra to get it fixed, "because the subcontractor screwed it up and we will have to pay them to fix it".

Sounds like a problem between the builder and the sub to me!

The only determinant there would be the existence of a hold-harmless agreement between the GC and their sub.

In any event the GC should just fix it and not be an rear end in a top hat.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
https://mobile.twitter.com/emilyhatzar/status/1194529400886321152

The last rear end on my seat was angry!

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I love everything about this and will be attempting it immediately.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah this is actually great? I think? I kinda want one.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I can surmise the mood of my derriere based on it's actions prior to lifting up from such an accessory, and I have no particular curiosity regarding the disposition of my guests' fannies beyond what my nose already reports.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Awww, his balls are sad.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

No, that’s relaxed & calm. When he opens the lid and sits on the seat, then he moves to nervous.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/crazymind_poul/status/1194383590328393728?s=20

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That's like every bathroom out of my nightmares where it's never clear what to piss in or where it will flow

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

But I poop in there!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Make a vertical fall botton toilet on the upper floor as a retrofit and the lower floor toilet looks like this www #'

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Superman always forgets to flush. What a super slob!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pretty neat haunten mansion aesthetic tbh

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Wrong thread. This is awesome.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Need to use a chimney brush if you clog that thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That staircase and piano nook are cool, in contrast to everything that copied it in the last seventy years.

It’s in Château Verdure, and it doesn’t look as nice in context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTxdMsTvQuI&t=584s

At least its sound has the right æsthetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqbC2qCl5z8&t=667s

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 15, 2019

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

I'm expecting Roy Batty's head to come smashing thru the wall

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Pretty sure this is a level in the Dishonored 2 DLC.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

We're posting Halflife 2 screenshots now?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

I want to hang this on my wall

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dillbag posted:

I'm expecting Roy Batty's head to come smashing thru the wall

Definitely with you on that one, but needs more rain.

deoju posted:

Pretty sure this is a level in the Dishonored 2 DLC.

That one, too.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Jaded Burnout posted:

The hedges haven't grown in yet, but yeah.

Yeah, but the landscapers basically came in, planted a bunch of stuff, and then nobody bothered paying them (or any other caretakers) to carry on watering it. The grass, a whole lot of shrubs, and about half those hedge trees are dead.

amethystdragon
Sep 14, 2019

Archives posted:

I never understood what inspectors actually do. Unless it's some glaring problem there is no way they can open up walls and see the poo poo that's really been hosed up.

I got a pretty report for mine. Other then the hot water heater not working (which I would have noticed just by testing) there was nothing wrong...

Except the water heater that was provided as "new" was actually 9 years old, the pipe work done was using the wrong pipe and started corroding, and the forced exaust pipe was the wrong type of PVC which started melting with use...

On top of that the ventilation from the Furnace outside the building had no 'U' bend to prevent rain entering in. Additionally the tub doesn't fully drain because the drain from the tub goes up about 3 degrees...

Total waste of money, and that was the one that the mortgage company recommended.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

amethystdragon posted:

Total waste of money, and that was the one that the mortgage company recommended.

Never trust anyone trying to sell you something.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Found in a crawlspace of a house from the 80's next to 3 red boxes encased in concrete (pic in comments)

Editor’s note: I have linked the photos for dramatic effect:

One

Two

‘‘The "lid" with the radioactive sticker on it was found sitting on the top of that concrete slab. The red you can see is 3 metal boxes encased in 18" of concrete with another layer of cinder blocks on top of it.’’

‘‘Ok quick blanket update for everyone: it's not my house and I was over there last night when we found the boxes. I posted this morning and after getting all the warning messages I have contacted my friend who owns the house and forwarded all the warnings and highly recommend he contacted some of the agencies you have recommended. I will be in the mountains and out of service for a good chunk of the day, but I will do a follow-up with the friend when I get back and keep you all updated. I appreciate all the advice and information and can only hope it is nothing too serious because I definitely fondled that lid for a good amount of time.’’

Editor’s note: Remind me to hire a home inspector who uses radiation meters.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Found in a crawlspace of a house from the 80's next to 3 red boxes encased in concrete (pic in comments)

Editor’s note: I have linked the photos for dramatic effect:

One

Two

‘‘The "lid" with the radioactive sticker on it was found sitting on the top of that concrete slab. The red you can see is 3 metal boxes encased in 18" of concrete with another layer of cinder blocks on top of it.’’

‘‘Ok quick blanket update for everyone: it's not my house and I was over there last night when we found the boxes. I posted this morning and after getting all the warning messages I have contacted my friend who owns the house and forwarded all the warnings and highly recommend he contacted some of the agencies you have recommended. I will be in the mountains and out of service for a good chunk of the day, but I will do a follow-up with the friend when I get back and keep you all updated. I appreciate all the advice and information and can only hope it is nothing too serious because I definitely fondled that lid for a good amount of time.’’

Editor’s note: Remind me to hire a home inspector who uses radiation meters.

I too love finding strong gamma or neutron sources in my basement.

That is absolutely nuts. At least they are very old but I would be curious if there were local rumors of the place being haunted or cursed in the past.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
What would cause some random house from the 80's to have radioactive material just sitting in it? Just...what? How?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

long term mutation study

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

there wolf posted:

What would cause some random house from the 80's to have radioactive material just sitting in it? Just...what? How?

My hypothesis is that it was built by someone who worked with radioactive materials professionally but was not wise enough to not put them under their own house or destroy the evidence when they moved out.

The boxes could be souvenirs that were empty when brought home.

Think David Hahn meets Clifford Stoll.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 17, 2019

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

That radioactive material label was utilized for shipping. Each "unit" of radiation present is roughly an exposure of 1 mrem/hr, for a total of 14/mrem an hour, unshielded, at 1 meter. So, levels at the distance the concrete provides would be extremely small. It is not in the same realm as the Goiânia source.

Edit to say that that type of label was utilized in the 50s. So, quite old, in the wild west days of nuclear power.

Double edit: Here is a link to a scan of the 50s document detailing how that particular warning should be used. Why it is hanging out in a house buried under stairs is a mystery though. Radium sources have extremely long half lifes, so it is probably still 99.5% potent.

https://books.google.com/books?id=c...nits%22&f=false

IncredibleIgloo fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 17, 2019

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
OP followed up in comments and said that the homeowner peeked inside them later that night and that all are empty, but that the NRC is sending someone out on Monday to take a look at them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

`Nemesis posted:

OP followed up in comments and said that the homeowner peeked inside them later that night and that all are empty, but that the NRC is sending someone out on Monday to take a look at them.

OP later said that was a lie and actually no one looked inside them.

They need to walk away from the computer.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
OP is a loving moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Platystemon posted:

OP later said that was a lie and actually no one looked inside them.

They need to walk away from the computer.

Ah poo poo, well gently caress him then