Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yo how the gently caress is Jedi Fallen Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Thought it was still preorder only

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Who even cares about star wars at this point

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Who even cares about star wars at this point

About a billion people.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That's an eighth of humanity :eyepop:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who here got the new pokemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The two gamer genders.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

w/e man i got my kid as an excuse

got the double pack

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I don't get people screeching about how awful the game is because they removed about ~400 pokemon from the roster.

Like, who in the actual gently caress is going to bother to catch all those, and also all of the things they removed/changed over time are things that needed to be changed because they loving sucked. People are acting like the devs at Game Freak came to their houses and kicked their dog. It's a pokemon game and it's pretty solid from what I can tell. I've enjoyed it so far at 6 hours in.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Vas, do you have any thoughts on the PoE announcements today? I havent had a chance to check anything out myself...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

I don't get people screeching about how awful the game is because they removed about ~400 pokemon from the roster.

Like, who in the actual gently caress is going to bother to catch all those, and also all of the things they removed/changed over time are things that needed to be changed because they loving sucked. People are acting like the devs at Game Freak came to their houses and kicked their dog. It's a pokemon game and it's pretty solid from what I can tell. I've enjoyed it so far at 6 hours in.

I never see any of this poo poo unless I go dumpster diving in reddit and YouTube comments, which never does my blood pressure any favors. Are people jumping into your life to "screech" about Pokemon?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

bengy81 posted:

Vas, do you have any thoughts on the PoE announcements today? I havent had a chance to check anything out myself...

I don't even know yet. 4.0 is such an absolutely colossal overhaul it's essentially a new game that's eating the old one. There's considerable changes coming to absolute core mechanics across the board.

3.9, which is coming 13 December, looks pretty cool. But I'm still waiting for official launch pages for them before really digging into it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

orange juche posted:

https://twitter.com/porchfan87/status/1194736429122965507

I bought Fallen Order, I'll post thoughts on it in a bit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pretty much this, seriously I went into it expecting a pokemon game and got a pokemon game, and since the last time I played one was on GBA, I'm pleasantly surprised by how good the drat thing looks compared to GBA.

E: Also the responses to that tweet by people who completely miss the joke is amazing.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 16, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i called my 7 year old out of school today and we went to gamestop as they opened for the double pack.

we played all day p. much. Kid loves it really hard, and im having fun and about to to go for my second badge.

just leveled up a magikarp to 20. gently caress yes gyarados.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also pruning out 400 pokemon was needed 1000000%

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i called my 7 year old out of school today and we went to gamestop as they opened for the double pack.

we played all day p. much. Kid loves it really hard, and im having fun and about to to go for my second badge.

You're a cool dad, getting the kid out of school so you can nerd out on videogames and bond.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

it owns having a player two

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

You are winning the game of fatherhood, congratulations.

1 Hour trip report for Fallen Order. The reviews saying it's Star Wars but Uncharted are pretty spot on so far. Combat is pretty solid and the controls are great. Def. enjoying it thus far. Story so far seems pretty standard for a Star Wars story but if you're a fan, you'll likely enjoy it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got the Star Wars game because I'm bored. I don't usually buy Star Wars games, and then I realized it's because EA finally started listing their poo poo on EGS and Steam. So I bought it on Steam.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

I got the Star Wars game because I'm bored. I don't usually buy Star Wars games, and then I realized it's because EA finally started listing their poo poo on EGS and Steam. So I bought it on Steam.

Is it good?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know yet. I'm too exhausted to do anything but post. I'll find out tomorrow morning though.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I got Pokémon and I'm taking my time with it, and actually playing it on the TV which is rare for me to do with Switch games. I've been having a ton of fun slowly enjoying it.

Nerds ruin everything for themselves, don't listen to them.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my pokemon card id is 0000 0003 RY8N Y7

send me your anime license

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

TCD posted:

Is it good?

Do you like Star Wars?
Do you like Metroidvanias?
Do you like Uncharted/Tomb Raider/Games of that sort?

If you can answer yes to two out of three, congrats, fun ahead. Otherwise, pass.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Mine is 000 0004 R7RB VL
Turning people into Pokémon cards. Devious.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

Mine is 000 0004 R7RB VL
Turning people into Pokémon cards. Devious.

i wanted to make my anime dude as mad as possible

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I have one of those Nintendo vouchers left and I was gonna save it for animal crossing but now I'm tempted to grab this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You will get some ugly slowdown in parts of wild zones, due to the area being massive and lots of stuff happening, but anything not the northern part of the first wild zone seems ok so far. I will say a survival strat is if you see a pokemon wandering around not in the grass in a wild zone, stay the gently caress away from it, it's probably 10-15 levels higher than anything else in the area and it will absolutely body your entire team if you try to fight it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Did anyone say Pokémon Sword And Shield Of The Party yet

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The new Pokémon seems pretty decent so far. The designers clearly ran out of good ideas for monsters a long time ago, however... If you thought "bag of trash" was bad, you ain't seen "discarded balloon" pokémon yet! :lol:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thats one of the best parts of the game lol

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't really care for the new Jedi game. It's okay I guess, but I don't like how combat feels and the puzzles are annoying.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pokemon on the other hand is cool and good

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

I don't really care for the new Jedi game. It's okay I guess, but I don't like how combat feels and the puzzles are annoying.

Thanks!

Looks like a steam/whatever sale game then

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I am loving this feature too much. Going for the Grizzly Wintergreen look.

0000 0006 0B41 V4

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 17, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also growlithe isnt in sword, so if you want the best pokemon im catching a bunch extra in shield and will hook you fuckers up

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

I have one of those Nintendo vouchers left and I was gonna save it for animal crossing but now I'm tempted to grab this.

animal crossing isnt coming until march 2020, come join us my lord

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I might later on today while I watch Football, 12 year old me would be proud.

Did anyone end up playing Borderlands 3? Is it worth it for ~30 bucks? I got some gift cards to Target and I'm tempted to give it a whirl.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I dig your style, man.

0000 0002 168X YM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:ck5: