Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

I’ve noticed a few brexit party signs while driving on the M40, but they say “don’t trust **** in a ditch boris, vote brexit”

I don’t understand, I thought he said die in a ditch, what 4 letter word are they trying to associate with BoJo?

cnut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

poo poo in a ditch boris

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Brexit will never die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XaS93WMRQQ

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Jel Shaker posted:

I’ve noticed a few brexit party signs while driving on the M40, but they say “don’t trust **** in a ditch boris, vote brexit”

I don’t understand, I thought he said die in a ditch, what 4 letter word are they trying to associate with BoJo?

dead?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1195799538759540736

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god he’s finally saying it

aahhhhhh yes the day has come

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Taintrunner posted:

oh my god he’s finally saying it

aahhhhhh yes the day has come

I feel like from listening to LBC the past couple of weeks, the idea/accusation that Boris wants to 'sell out' the NHS to the US has been a topic for a while. Why is Jezza saying it suddenly a big deal?

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Could someone enlighten a non-Brit exactly what happens in this clip?
Ping pong player calls out JC by name and he reciprocates?
I want in on the feel goods..

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don't listen to him, America isn't trying to steal your healthcare. The men in black suits hauling bags full of drugs out of your hospitals are nothing to worry about I assure you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morter posted:

I feel like from listening to LBC the past couple of weeks, the idea/accusation that Boris wants to 'sell out' the NHS to the US has been a topic for a while. Why is Jezza saying it suddenly a big deal?

i guess I was misreading it but as I've posted before my conspiracy theory is that Brexit was nothing more than an effort to introduce catastrophe in order to privatize the NHS and other public institutions by American companies, which the rich tories would have already invested in, i.e. theresa may's husband.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/15/australia-demands-compensation-over-brexit-trade-disruption

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Mr Havafap posted:

The lad has special needs (looks like Down's Syndrome)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Mr Havafap posted:

"Oh, Jeremy Corbyn" to the tune of Seven Nation Army has been sung at Labour rallies (and rock festivals he turns up at) since 2017, which is what the bloke was singing. Jeremy sung the bloke's name back, which is both just a fun/nice thing to do and (IMO) was him pretty much saying "You're as important as I am".

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr Havafap posted:

This is exactly what happens, wtf needs to be explained?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Mr Havafap posted:

The table tennis player is a lad with Downs Syndrome. He calls out to JC in the form of a popular chant based around the main riff from The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army.
JC responds in kind, using the lad's name which he presumably heard before earlier in the meet'n'greet, but remembered.

It's a cute, if unremarkable, exchange. But it shows that a dude with special needs recognizes that JC is the best bet for him. He's likely been at the receiving end of Tory cuts to mental health/special needs services, and the MSM aren't going around special needs community centres asking people like him who'll they'll vote for. Why would they, when it's easier to talk to boomers in the Home Counties about how Brexit needs to get done?

The humour comes from the tweeter inviting the viewer to imagine BoJo in the same situation. There's no chance BoJo would have bothered to remember the Downs Syndrome lad's name, and no chance he would have reacted in kind and invited the lad to bring it in for a hug. Imagining BoJo in this situation would most likely result in the Downs Syndrome lad being ripped apart by hounds before he got close to the PM.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

i guess I was misreading it but as I've posted before my conspiracy theory is that Brexit was nothing more than an effort to introduce catastrophe in order to privatize the NHS and other public institutions by American companies, which the rich tories would have already invested in, i.e. theresa may's husband.

Who said it was a conspiracy? The information is there for anyone with any wit to look for it. Just because the murdoch owned press isn't reporting it doesn't mean it is being covered up.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"Oh, Jeremy Corbyn" to the tune of Seven Nation Army has been sung at Labour rallies (and rock festivals he turns up at) since 2017, which is what the bloke was singing. Jeremy sung the bloke's name back, which is both just a fun/nice thing to do and (IMO) was him pretty much saying "You're as important as I am".

BMX Ninja posted:

The table tennis player is a lad with Downs Syndrome. He calls out to JC in the form of a popular chant based around the main riff from The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army.
JC responds in kind, using the lad's name which he presumably heard before earlier in the meet'n'greet, but remembered.

It's a cute, if unremarkable, exchange. But it shows that a dude with special needs recognizes that JC is the best bet for him. He's likely been at the receiving end of Tory cuts to mental health/special needs services, and the MSM aren't going around special needs community centres asking people like him who'll they'll vote for. Why would they, when it's easier to talk to boomers in the Home Counties about how Brexit needs to get done?

The humour comes from the tweeter inviting the viewer to imagine BoJo in the same situation. There's no chance BoJo would have bothered to remember the Downs Syndrome lad's name, and no chance he would have reacted in kind and invited the lad to bring it in for a hug. Imagining BoJo in this situation would most likely result in the Downs Syndrome lad being ripped apart by hounds before he got close to the PM.

Thanks guys for the comprehensive explanation !
BloJo would definitively have made a joke and played on the word 'down' to show off his cleverness.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BMX Ninja posted:

the Home Counties

weird to see a britishism w an extra o instead of an extra u

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Squizzle posted:

weird to see a britishism w an extra o instead of an extra u

counts have had a big role in uk politics for a long time

ok i looked it up and we actually call counts Earls for stupid reasons but shut up we're all tired of facts and experts

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

our aristocracy is properly referred to as "the mods", as the latest prince andrew interview shows

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Angepain posted:

counts have had a big role in uk politics for a long time

ok i looked it up and we actually call counts Earls for stupid reasons but shut up we're all tired of facts and experts

we discussed this back in early september, on p 1277 of this thread!!!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

A very relevant brexit prep video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mWK_kcZMs

It's rather neat. Supposedly it has a lot less methanol so it's safer than normal alcohol distillation, too.

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Nov 17, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1195843089274933248

Did something "fun" get revealed? I know he was going to do some kind of TV interview.

(The original tweet was a picture of the fat guy on the beach from the Simpsons (the guy with the hand fan), but it got deleted. :shrug:)

prefect has issued a correction as of 00:21 on Nov 17, 2019

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Squizzle posted:

we discussed this back in early september, on p 1277 of this thread!!!

finally we have the real answer to the change in terminology, the counts were tired of people making "lol remove the o lol" gags

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1195825153508356097

Get the drat guillotines.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is this guy typical for the British royal family or an outlier?

weast
Nov 7, 2012

Angepain posted:

finally we have the real answer to the change in terminology, the counts were tired of people making "lol remove the o lol" gags
this is actually pretty close to what is probably why
“It is a likely speculation that the Norman French title 'Count' was abandoned in England in favour of the Germanic 'Earl' […] precisely because of the uncomfortable phonetic proximity to oval office".
due to the great vowel shift count would have sounded much closer than it does today

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Samurai Sanders posted:

loving kids is pretty vanilla as far as British aristocracy goes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

he is extremely atypical in that he seems aware that child molestation is bad

E:

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1195850085474672640?s=19

Inexplicable Humblebrag has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Nov 17, 2019

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

he is extremely atypical in that he seems aware that child molestation is bad

E:

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1195850085474672640?s=19

Pizzagate was real, it was just the wrong pizza parlor

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

prefect posted:

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1195843089274933248

Did something "fun" get revealed? I know he was going to do some kind of TV interview.

(The original tweet was a picture of the fat guy on the beach from the Simpsons (the guy with the hand fan), but it got deleted. :shrug:)

Andrew said he doesn't sweat since an adrenaline surge during the Falklands war. So it's impossible for him to have sweated on the woman who says he raped her.

[e] He also says the photo(s) of him with her can't be real because his fingers were much fatter.

Hillary 2024 has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Nov 17, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/PizzaExpress/status/1195841217789124608

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1195818074152325120

Too soon?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lol if he only said this because there is an email trail where hes talking about "pizza parties"

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jennifer Arcuri: ‘I’ve kept Johnson’s secrets – now he’s cast me aside like a one-night stand’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/17/arcuri-says-johnson-cast-her-aside-like-one-night-stand

quote:

Arcuri said that, when she tried his personal phone on yet another occasion, she was summarily passed to someone who spoke to her in a language she believed to be Chinese.

I live that this won't go away lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

operation “get labour policies off the news at any cost” going well I see. lol that the duke of nonce decided to get in on the act

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no they already have something in place for that.

tories or Polite Tories run a rich-friendly policy, you run a story on the potential benefits. labour suggest maybe your teeth shouldn't be considered optional, you run a story on Tories or Polite Tories response to it. at no point must the jam man be allowed to directly shape a narrative otherwise he will be antisemitic all over the place

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

no they already have something in place for that.

tories or Polite Tories run a rich-friendly policy, you run a story on the potential benefits. labour suggest maybe your teeth shouldn't be considered optional, you run a story on Tories or Polite Tories response to it. at no point must the jam man be allowed to directly shape a narrative otherwise he will be antisemitic all over the place

equal airtime laws are a bitch for that strat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I've been to that Pizza Express, I didn't check if there was a basement