Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

happyhippy posted:

And is Yoda poop green too?
Its probably ghostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Do or doodoo not

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maclunkey is a space detective novella that's very popular in the star wars MCU

everyone is a big fan of ol detective maclunkey.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Adventure Time is better than tlj

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Maclunkey is a space detective novella that's very popular in the star wars MCU

everyone is a big fan of ol detective maclunkey.
han is a loving monster now. you're meant to shout 'Maclunkey!' back and greedo was trying to defuse the situation.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

maclunkey is the tattooine equivalent of "let's let bygones be bygones" and han is just a space racist

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Empty Sandwich posted:

I haven't watched the second episode yet of the Mandalorian yet, but the first episode is the best thing since Jedi* (a low bar, I know)

*not counting the Thrawn novels and maybe the Tartakovsky shorts

also

the thrawn novels weren't good either

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

This is libel and I will not stand for it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

This is libel and I will not stand for it.

Agreed, it's absurd to imply that Tarkin would want the armor to be taken completely off

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe this is a weird false memory but I could swear there was a bunch of EU poo poo about what a heroic badass ace pilot Porkins was and he was definitely not just some fat guy whose name was a joke about how fat he was who was killed off as a throwaway stake-raising measure

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Maybe this is a weird false memory but I could swear there was a bunch of EU poo poo about what a heroic badass ace pilot Porkins was and he was definitely not just some fat guy whose name was a joke about how fat he was who was killed off as a throwaway stake-raising measure

That stuff is in the non-fiction section of the library

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
George: "Lets cut the footage of Luke's cousin dying in the Death Star fight, it'll be a downer for the audience"
Lackey: "Ok, what about the other guy who has lines that dies, Porkins?"
George *stifled snicker* "No, this is an important part of my vision."
Lackey: "Sure."
George: "Er, can we get Porkin's X-wing to fly slower and make it look heavier by any chance?"

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 17, 2019

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I think you're right. Like they talk about him being a badass and that he had some gizmo turned down so his fat gently caress of a body didnt feel that he was heading face first into the death star.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

TK-42-1 posted:

I think you're right. Like they talk about him being a badass and that he had some gizmo turned down so his fat gently caress of a body didnt feel that he was heading face first into the death star.

Well did he cum or what?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Blistex posted:

Well did he cum or what?

I need to consult the wookieepedia article on cum to know for sure

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Big Beef City posted:

literally nothing could have turned me off worse than you saying this. Gross.

Samurai Jack is really good though and the recent revival season is drat great. Maybe you don't like cartoons with high quality 2D animation and actual artistic expression, which I guess I can understand if you have really bad taste.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 17, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

yoda
ʎopɐ

YODA
⅄OD∀

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

"If you don't like this anime maybe you just have poor taste, you loving philistine" I write as I glance over at my wall scrolls and figurines

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Samurai Jack has won literal Annie Awards and Emmys and has heavily influenced the entire current era of American TV animation but I guess it's just really bad and sucks hard right guys :rolleyes:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't like Samurai Jack cause I thought it was fairly meandering and from the format I could tell he never actually would get back to the past. But I don't see how someone could actively be mad at it.

Definitely see the comparisons to this though, with the exception that Mando actually seems to be progressing in his stated mission

This also reminds me of the kind of Western Tarantino was paying tribute to in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

"I ain't gotta do poo poo but stay fat and die. Now cover me while I steal these Death Star plans" -EU Jeff Porkins, doing a sweet looptyloop in his plus-sized X-Wing

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

"I ain't gotta do poo poo but stay fat and die. Now cover me while I steal these Death Star plans" -EU Jeff Porkins, doing a sweet looptyloop in his plus-sized X-Wing

XXL-Wing

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

XXL-Wing

lol

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

"Cover me Porkins" is what you order at in n out if you want three meat patties wrapped in a bacon-net instead of a bun

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

sebmojo posted:

XXL-Wing

:hmmyes:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
and his astromech, Dia-Beetoos

sebmojo posted:

XXL-Wing

:lol:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

sebmojo posted:

XXL-Wing

:captainpop:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

XXL-Wing

Rascal 1 to Red Leader

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I look forward to the next episode of Mandalorian. Ogami Mando finally starts modding the crib with hidden blasters and poo poo so Daigoda can help cap some fools.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait for next episode of star wars. Star wars is gonna bust out the star wars to unleash the star wars on star wars. Meanwhile, the dastardly star wars plots his next vile scheme to vanquish the star wars once and for all.

Tune in next week for another episode of star wars.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Shinjobi posted:

I can't wait for next episode of star wars. Star wars is gonna bust out the star wars to unleash the star wars on star wars. Meanwhile, the dastardly star wars plots his next vile scheme to vanquish the star wars once and for all.

Tune in next week for another episode of star wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgLa3eKMYs&t=122s

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Its called Star Wars, but you never see an actual Star in it doing anything.
There was two when Luke looked out over his home at night, but they weren't even fighting anyone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

Its called Star Wars, but you never see an actual Star in it doing anything.
There was two when Luke looked out over his home at night, but they weren't even fighting anyone.

i bet the stars were destroyed by all those star destroyers

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
rewatched a new hope last night because of all the maclunkey

when you watch the movie from the perspective of george lucas making GBS threads on his fans it really opens up. for instance the obi-wan line: "the force has particular influence over the weak-minded"

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is no one talking about the 2nd Disney+ edit from Empire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7cuQ2vnmo

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

I think it was Porkins was so fat that he had the force compensators dialed up extra high inside his cockpit, with the result being that he couldn't feel when his ship was crashing.

The X-Wing books were pretty great for what they were, a book adaptation of the popular video game series. X-Wings and TIE Fighters shooting at each other is a limited enough framework that it managed to avoid most of the stupidity of the old EU.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

I think it was Porkins was so fat that he had the force compensators dialed up extra high inside his cockpit, with the result being that he couldn't feel when his ship was crashing.

The X-Wing books were pretty great for what they were, a book adaptation of the popular video game series. X-Wings and TIE Fighters shooting at each other is a limited enough framework that it managed to avoid most of the stupidity of the old EU.

The Rebellion sent Porkins on the suicide mission because they wanted to lower their monthly food costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Man imagine the guy who played Porkins forty years ago finding this thread that is literal pages upon pages raggin on him