Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stop letting children watch films

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Siljmonster posted:

stop letting children watch films

Adults will not be admitted to G, PG, and PG-13 movies without the accompiance of a minor.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

foobardog posted:

Adults will not be admitted to G, PG, and PG-13 movies without the accompiance of a minor.

lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1196148363630194690?s=20

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The random sound effects tell me this is Jojo, but i have no idea what's going on.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ikanreed posted:

The random sound effects tell me this is Jojo, but i have no idea what's going on.

Part 7 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Steel Ball Run, is about a race across America in the late 1800s which is secretly being run just to cover up the President's search for the body parts of Jesus Christ. The President, Funny Valentine, is a former Union solider whose scars coincidentally form the American flag

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gripweed posted:

Part 7 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Steel Ball Run, is about a race across America in the late 1800s which is secretly being run just to cover up the President's search for the body parts of Jesus Christ. The President, Funny Valentine, is a former Union solider whose scars coincidentally form the American flag

God i fuckin love jojo

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Gripweed posted:

Man the homoerotic tone on jojo only flows one direction

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

God i fuckin love jojo

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

My favorite part of the latest jojo anime was when they were walking into an ambush at a crowded marina; the main characters were worried because they didn't know what the bad guys looked like and it could be anyone in the crowd

Guys, you're in jjba; just shoot anyone who looks like they escaped from cirque du soleil

Xand_Man has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Nov 19, 2019

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I'm not a real big fan of anime, but ngl that sounds amazing

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

foobardog posted:

Their greatest president traded arms to an enemy state under an embargo and then used the proceeds to fund right-wing terrorists. They threw up a guy as a patsy, and conservatives still consider the patsy and the president he worked for heroes.

The law is only important to them when it is used to hurt the people that they hate.

yeah i know the attitude isn't new, its just that usually the right wing political cartoons try to frame this stuff in such a way as to suggest that something unfair happened to the right winger or something. just was a bit surprising to have a totally subtextless "man its gonna rule when daddy trump busts his buddy outta jail"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I'm not a real big fan of anime, but ngl that sounds amazing
it sounds like it could either be awesome or worthy of being executed for

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the Jojo fan community is probably the only good anime fan community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlsjWHHlfw

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
there is no such thing as a good fan community

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

there is no such thing as a good fan community
https://www.kfausa.org

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the Jojo fan community is probably the only good anime fan community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlsjWHHlfw

Silent Hill community is good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

touché

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Punkin Spunkin posted:

it sounds like it could either be awesome or worthy of being executed for

it's extremely awesome

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYwaIZcm3X8

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pillsburysoldier posted:

Silent Hill community is good

Extremely wrong about circumcision

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Siljmonster posted:

Extremely wrong about circumcision

I remember that mod lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Every time I see this it just makes me inexplicably upset. You'd think it would stop phasing me but it's so powerful.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net work error posted:

Every time I see this it just makes me inexplicably upset. You'd think it would stop phasing me but it's so powerful.

apparently this is the new craze of breadtube

https://twitter.com/ThoughtSlime/status/1196526614202519557

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

objectively correct

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Making Natalie Portman the girl Thor is one of those incredibly nakedly cynical moves that you can't ignore. Tessa Thompson was already a perfect setup to be girl Thor but they went with the famous white actress instead. The one whose in-universe job was being like a student or something?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
People who go "i dont like sportsball" are annoying cuz they're coyly dismissing the entire realm of uhh...human athletic expression. Obviously if your whole schtick is critiquing superhero films you'd be a pretty basic rear end person, but just cuz the critiques have been prevalent lately doesnt mean you need to dismiss them off hand. Marvel movies are genuinely detrimental to culture, that's just an obvious take, observing that doesn't make you clever but it's NOTHING like the sportsball person.
ThoughtSlime just comes off as trying to seem cool there more than anything, usually a charming guy tho.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Making Natalie Portman the girl Thor is one of those incredibly nakedly cynical moves that you can't ignore. Tessa Thompson was already a perfect setup to be girl Thor but they went with the famous white actress instead. The one whose in-universe job was being like a student or something?

tessa isn't marketing very well
her moment is nearly up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Saying whatever is popular culture is bad for culture is old and dumb as saying the next generation is the shittiest generation.

it’s just olds yelling at clouds.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the same types whined about westerns when those where the pop culture thing

eventually everything moves on and the next thing will be what everyone whines about

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The casting choice they went with is nonsensical from a repsentation standpoint because there is nothing ground breaking about depicting a super hero as a very traditionally attractive white women women. Friend of mine ate total poo poo cause she (terminal lib brain) was certain they'd cast someone who didn't look like a stick. Gets mad everytime I bring it up lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Saying whatever is popular culture is bad for culture is old and dumb as saying the next generation is the shittiest generation.

it’s just olds yelling at clouds.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the same types whined about westerns when those where the pop culture thing
This just seems like cut and paste analysis. The state of liberalism and capitalism and techology and imperialism at the time of said media's consumption and creation all have a relevant context in examining the ramifications of that media. Just going, "pshh they were saying the same thing about telegrams that they are about cellphones, hyuk hyuk!" always seemed...facile to me. It's partially true; but it's missing real and important things.
You know history didn't actually end, right?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ammanas posted:

tessa isn't marketing very well
her moment is nearly up

Oh no way the fourth Men in Black movie didn't do well, despite not having anything anyone liked about Men in Black? poo poo, must've been Tessa Thompson not having enough Star Power.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
And anyway, even if those people are annoying, anyone thinking they could be even 40% as annoying as that "sportsball" poo poo is just self-owning in a revealing way
There's a difference between "hmm marvel superhero movies are unworthy of my respect and attention" and "hmm the entirety of human athletic expression and ALL sports are unworthy of my respect and attention and im gonna express this in the most annoying way possible"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
There's a difference between "hyper critical" and "dismissive" but unfortunately a lot of people can't tell the difference

So actual criticism of the Marvel films for being peak neoliberalism gets conflated with being a smug dickhead, kind of like if you equated someone criticizing the NFL or the health risks of football to the 'sportsball' crowd

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The irony of this is Marvel fans are the ones most likely to complain about "sportsball"

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
drat breadtube has been catching a bad case of the Terrible Takes from Contrapoints lately huh

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DoubleDonut posted:

There's a difference between "hyper critical" and "dismissive" but unfortunately a lot of people can't tell the difference

So actual criticism of the Marvel films for being peak neoliberalism gets conflated with being a smug dickhead, kind of like if you equated someone criticizing the NFL or the health risks of football to the 'sportsball' crowd
If critical thinking was taught effectively in public school maybe we'd be past that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Gripweed posted:

*deep bass voice* Funny Valentine’s body lies a-smoulderin’ in the grave,