Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The AFC South Division Champion of 2019 will be...
This poll is closed.
Houtson 29 31.18%
Indianapolis 25 26.88%
Jacksonville 22 23.66%
Tennessee 17 18.28%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

He's good, the Titans have never beaten him

Are you using a team that's won 1 playoff game this decade as a measuring stick for if a qb is good or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Blitz7x posted:

He's good, the Titans have never beaten him

That seems like a Titans thing, not a Carr thing.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

lamar jackson is going to win mvp even though russ has prettier stats because you need a story to get mvp to supplement the stats

also i'm going to start posting in this thread about lamar jackson and the ravens

I think that's lovely and I welcome you my friend

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Also I feel like Derek Carr maybe doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I don't know why. Admittedly, I haven't watched many of his games this year, but he has looked fine when I did. On paper he looks pretty good. Total yardage is just middle of the pack, but he has the second highest completion percentage in the league, and his average yardage per pass is 7th in the league, ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and noted system qb Tom Brady, so he isn't just dinking and dunking to keep his completion percentage up. Why does everyone think he's terrible?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jivesauce posted:

Also I feel like Derek Carr maybe doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I don't know why. Admittedly, I haven't watched many of his games this year, but he has looked fine when I did. On paper he looks pretty good. Total yardage is just middle of the pack, but he has the second highest completion percentage in the league, and his average yardage per pass is 7th in the league, ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and noted system qb Tom Brady, so he isn't just dinking and dunking to keep his completion percentage up. Why does everyone think he's terrible?

He's fine. He's just not above average. You could get by with him, but he just feels like a rich man's Dalton. He's not going to lose you a bunch of games, but you really need a scheme or above average surrounding talent to make an offense with him work. He's not going to go out there and win games on his own.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

EvilBeard posted:

He's fine. He's just not above average. You could get by with him, but he just feels like a rich man's Dalton. He's not going to lose you a bunch of games, but you really need a scheme or above average surrounding talent to make an offense with him work. He's not going to go out there and win games on his own.

so he's alex smith

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

so he's phillip rivers

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Jivesauce posted:

I think that's lovely and I welcome you my friend

ty i'm really happy because until now the only way you'd see all the hot take tv ppl talking about ravens on offense was which of their RBs to take in fantasy and it's really cool to see them having an insane offense

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

so he's alex smith

He has two functioning legs.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

He has two functioning legs.

Well, when Alex Smith was alive.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

Well, when Alex Smith was alive.

I'd say they're pretty similar. I think Smith was more mobile when he was at Carr's age, but as far as running an offense, yeah. They both take care of the ball pretty well, and they don't take a lot of risks, and they're pretty accurate.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sour Diesel posted:

ty i'm really happy because until now the only way you'd see all the hot take tv ppl talking about ravens on offense was which of their RBs to take in fantasy and it's really cool to see them having an insane offense

Kawalimus must be so angry right now

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoy Kawalimus's posting :unsmith:

I hope he isn't muttering about the team while out birdwatching, though :ohdearsass:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Carr has a much better deep ball than Alex Smith. The Deep ball just doesn't seem to be a thing in Grudens grinding offense though, or maybe we don't have the personnel to do it with Tyrell Williams hurting

Smith is a wayyyyy better runner. Not that Carr is a statue he just sucks at it

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
gently caress carr and those bastard ravens

all aboard the titan and tanny train bitches

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Any guess on TY?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Any guess on TY?

He plays, has a subpar game, 97 yards and a TD.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 21, 2019

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I would like to personally congratulate the current, reigning, lineal BEST team in the AFC South: The Houston Texans.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans lineal champs once again

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thanks officials. I mean, don't even bother reviewing that fumble. (there's probably no clear recovery, but how do you not even review it?)

Still, too many mistakes in the secondary, letting too many big plays.

The WRs need to get their poo poo together. Our best threat is a banged up TY, and he was obviously super rusty.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Thanks officials. I mean, don't even bother reviewing that fumble. (there's probably no clear recovery, but how do you not even review it?)

Still, too many mistakes in the secondary, letting too many big plays.

The WRs need to get their poo poo together. Our best threat is a banged up TY, and he was obviously super rusty.

Refs were terrible. The holding calls on the Colts were poo poo and they completely blew that fumble call.

But yeah, either the receivers weren't getting open or Brissett wasn't throwing to them. They have to fix that. And too much man coverage and not enough pressure on Watson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Colts did a lot of three man rushes it seemed like

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Colts did a lot of three man rushes it seemed like

And yet still didn't have deep safeties to stop the deep ball. Seemed loose.

Someone on twitter said they had like 250+ yards on 5 plays and then like 122 on the rest. Seems like if you just don't get beat deep you have a shot in this game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

And yet still didn't have deep safeties to stop the deep ball. Seemed loose.

Someone on twitter said they had like 250+ yards on 5 plays and then like 122 on the rest. Seems like if you just don't get beat deep you have a shot in this game.

In the GDT there was a lot of handwringing about not double teaming Fuller or not double teaming Hopkins but you can't double two guys every play and it seems like Watson found whichever of them was single covered a handful of times through the game. Which turned out to be enough

e: except that time Hopkins was allowed to just walk into the end zone and set up a tent and campfire, that was inexcusable

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 22, 2019

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Yeah he was like a regular Bill Cosby at last call

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Yeah he was like a regular Bill Cosby at last call

If you hate everyone here, why do you post here.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Probably Magic posted:

If you hate everyone here, why do you post here.

Turn on your monitor

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't worry about BT, I'm the only one he's here to dunk on. Everyone else can safely ignore him

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

SD claimed this as the new AFCN thread so I’m just doing my part. The old home was ruined by Play and Browns fans. Please allow us to stay, I won’t bring up the Cosby thing anymore.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

DJ Chark doo doo doo doo doo doo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol intruder thinking someone cares enough to follow him around tff

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'm going to be really mad when the ravens win out, grab the 1 seed at 14-2, then get bounced in the divisional by oakland or something

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I’m still not sure if I’m supposed to interpret this like the Jaws music or like the Baby Shark song. I imagine the answer is ‘yes’.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

i'm going to be really mad when the ravens win out, grab the 1 seed at 14-2, then get bounced in the divisional by oakland or something

You know in your heart it'll be the Patriots

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

You know in your heart it'll be the Patriots

I do not fear the Patriots unless Brady gets on some Good poo poo before the playoffs start.

Yea, I'm counting him out. I'm loving counting out Touchdown Tom.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

I do not fear the Patriots unless Brady gets on some Good poo poo before the playoffs start.

Yea, I'm counting him out. I'm loving counting out Touchdown Tom.

Sorry but the Patriots exist in part to take your "I'm excited about this year's team" feelings and flush them down the toilet

e: have the patriots broken me? maybe

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 22, 2019

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I guess at this point gently caress it, keep Vinatieri, he can't do any more harm now (I know he didn't gently caress up last game but the season as a whole, hoo boy).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know how you can poo poo on Brissett for last night since he was clearly still hurt

He's looked like at least a top 15 QB for the most part this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Intruder posted:

I don't know how you can poo poo on Brissett for last night since he was clearly still hurt

He's looked like at least a top 15 QB for the most part this season

Yeah I rethought that but didn't edit it fast enough. It's on Hilton for the drops too but who knows if he's really at 100%. Just bitter. This was supposed to be the year! But football is a fickle beast.

I do blame the current record on the management not moving on from Vinatieri, though.