Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

duz posted:

put it on my cube wall at work to show what a fun place we are

I bought a featureless obsidian cube from the weird lady at the swap meet that sells rocks and placed it prominently on the central pillar of the desk pod thing I sit at at work, in a little circular thing so it can appear to stand up on one point. If you're gonna put random garbage around your workspace you might as well make it weird vaguely-ominous random garbage and not BRANDS!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

was train diesel, diesel electric, full electric or steam???

e: I have a mold filled mason jar on my desk, mostly because I really don't want to open it. (the edibles creation method did not work) I like to think of it as an unexploded improvised biological warfare grenade.

T-man has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Nov 20, 2019

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Len posted:

It might have been the dumb marketing thread in PYF, but a few years back goons were on a rant about loot boxes being a scam of worthless tchotchkies. Well someone posted a link to Bobcat in a box which is a service that sends you something "randomly" bought off eBay for dirt cheap

Quite a few goons immediately slam subscribed and then in a month tried to justify how a photocopy of a train was a good purchase.

I also bought these stupid things, and a while back I posted it in a thread that was explicitly about not pissing away money on dumb poo poo and a bunch of people immediately bought em.

I bet some of y'all will too, so let me just warn you: they suck as actual kitchen utensils, way too flimsy, but they look adorable on my counter :colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A big train printout is unironically a good thing in several threads on this forum

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shame Boy posted:

I also bought these stupid things, and a while back I posted it in a thread that was explicitly about not pissing away money on dumb poo poo and a bunch of people immediately bought em.

I bet some of y'all will too, so let me just warn you: they suck as actual kitchen utensils, way too flimsy, but they look adorable on my counter :colbert:
was that in the 2018 BWM thread because I am pretty sure I have seen these adorable fuckers before

also someone did post the big train printout because you could google it and it was something like the fourth result for "train schematic" but I can't find it right now

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Reasonable brain: Those mini brands make me bid my heart stop beating so I can finally depart this wretched diseased world.

Dumb nerd brain: Those look really good for making dioramas! :downs:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

was that in the 2018 BWM thread because I am pretty sure I have seen these adorable fuckers before

also someone did post the big train printout because you could google it and it was something like the fourth result for "train schematic" but I can't find it right now

Yeah I think it was :v:

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Excuse the low quality, spotted this while stuck in traffic.
Homeless person tented in front of the WeWork building in the Irish capital. Not an unusual sight, all around the offices of the financial and tech companies there's homeless living under bridges while the workers pass them by.

The cranes in the background are building a hotel where social apartments were bought out and knocked down by the developer. The same hotel will rent some rooms out to the government to house homeless people because all the homes are being rented out to tourists on AirBnB.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/mjrowland68/status/1197241954142019585

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Raldikuk posted:

The target demo is like 5 to 12 yo girls who play with dolls and stuff. The idea isn't to collect it just to collect it but to have barbie's kitchen stocked with real stuff.

I don't think you've ever met model hobby nerds, or collector nerds.

Motherfucker posted:

Reasonable brain: Those mini brands make me bid my heart stop beating so I can finally depart this wretched diseased world.

Dumb nerd brain: Those look really good for making dioramas! :downs:

I would unironically make a dumb plastic robot model making a sandwich with mini-brands.

Basically this but with a very sad sandwich.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

No foxes in the henhouse reports local stuffed fox. Hens unavailable for comment at this time.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

yeah the right isn't denying climate change anymore. it's full on eco-fascism now, get with the times

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shipon posted:

yeah the right isn't denying climate change anymore. it's full on eco-fascism now, get with the times

Remember how Captain Planet villains used to be cartoonishly evil? What happened there?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Len posted:

Remember how Captain Planet villains used to be cartoonishly evil? What happened there?

Clearly that was liberal indoctrination towards our children to make them hate our generous Job Creators

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Len posted:

It might have been the dumb marketing thread in PYF, but a few years back goons were on a rant about loot boxes being a scam of worthless tchotchkies. Well someone posted a link to Bobcat in a box which is a service that sends you something "randomly" bought off eBay for dirt cheap

Quite a few goons immediately slam subscribed and then in a month tried to justify how a photocopy of a train was a good purchase.

the entire lootbox business model is "hey we have $30 worth of junk we can't sell...how about we box it all up and sell it to idiots for $60"

one year we got my sister a catbox subscription for her birthday which i guess had cat treats and toys or whatever...that was some hot garbage

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Why?

Like I'm genuinely interested I'm not trying to be antagonistic, why do you want it? Novelty? Cuteness?

im stupid

it is really cute. but i despise those lootboxes for kids! things, working in retail i've seen the way children and parents act about them and it's super sad lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i must have spent like fifty dollars of my parents' money on pokemon card booster packs back then

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
never been an art fan but this miniature plastic can of spam is making me emotional

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

SplitSoul posted:

How can people stand having this poo poo endlessly shoveled into their brains? I get loving conniptions every time I visit my parents and the TV starts blaring commercials. And now you can get tiny bullshit to fill your home with? God.

My dad is partially deaf and refuses to get a hearing aid of any kind, his TV is already turned up to the point where it's painful for other people to be in the same room, and THEN the commercials start - dogs howl and glass shatters.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

My sister got one of these as a gift and theyre fine for anything that isnt stirring. Theyre particularly good for small bowls that a larger ladle would fling itself out of with the weight of the handle. Also its a cute dinosaur :3:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
There are ladles that "fling itself" out of bowls? How small a bowl are we talking here, any why would you need a ladle for them.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The other ladle I have is thin plastic for the bowl and metal for the handle, so it likes to escape pretty sizeable bowls

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Len posted:

hoggish greedly and joey wheeler found on the epstein flight logs

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

spacetoaster posted:

Hey, you might get lucky and get a "rare" brand.

what the gently caress are the emoji dildos?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I thought they were pez dispensers but idk dildos are good too

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

My dad is partially deaf and refuses to get a hearing aid of any kind, his TV is already turned up to the point where it's painful for other people to be in the same room, and THEN the commercials start - dogs howl and glass shatters.

They make little wireless speakers specifically for this kinda thing, which you connect to your TV and then the speaker unit itself can sit right next to you on the table or w/e and doesn't have to be as loud plus the loudness is more localized. Techmoan did a video about one, but it's kinda expensive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn3hKbl9f-U

I'm sure there's cheaper ones if you look around. I've been considering getting one for my mom cuz she's also slowly losing her hearing to old-ness.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shipon posted:

I thought the way they got out of it these days is "of course climate change is happening, that's obvious and we've never said otherwise. It's just not man-made climate change, it's one of those mysterious things the earth does all by itself, how do you know it's not you can't prove it :smug:"

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

So I took my daughter to the store to get something for a friend's birthday. She said that we were going to buy her "mini brands". I was like, "wtf is a mini brand?"?

Well guys, it's exactly that.

We didn't get this. Not because I refused to buy it (I would have), but because they're loving sold out and the lady at the store said they can't keep them on the shelf.

this reminds me of when I used to play professional Magic: The Gathering I went to a craft store and looked at their Dollhouse miniatures and bought a bunch of tiny cans of beer etc and used them for tokens way back in the day

Nov 24, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

obviously you play with them like action figures and reenact your favorite commercials film: Foodfight!

quote:

Foodfight! takes place in the "Marketropolis" supermarket which, after closing time, transforms into a city where all the citizens are "Ikes", personified well-known marketing icons.

The movie tells the story of a cereal brand mascot, Dex Dogtective who, along with his best friend, Daredevil Dan, bands together a group of "Ikes" in Marketropolis to fight against the forces of the evil Brand X, who threaten to take over the entire supermarket.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Toy story, but brands.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

T-man posted:

Toy story, but brands.

they called it the lego movie

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Raldikuk posted:

The target demo is like 5 to 12 yo girls who play with dolls and stuff. The idea isn't to collect it just to collect it but to have barbie's kitchen stocked with real stuff.
:wrong: the supermarkets in Australia have had these for a couple years, they even sell a display folder specifically for them. There are Facebook groups specifically for trying to complete the sets.
These supermarkets are selling these lovely plastic trinkets while also shaming people for using plastic bags

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy posted:

I thought the way they got out of it these days is "of course climate change is happening, that's obvious and we've never said otherwise. It's just not man-made climate change, it's one of those mysterious things the earth does all by itself, how do you know it's not you can't prove it :smug:"

I always said that the next step from "This isn't happening" and "it's not us" is "It's happening and its us, but its too late to do anything so why bother"

We are entering that last one full speed right now.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

*chugs flammable fracking water* so much for running out of fresh water :smug:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

PancakeTransmission posted:

:wrong: the supermarkets in Australia have had these for a couple years, they even sell a display folder specifically for them. There are Facebook groups specifically for trying to complete the sets.
These supermarkets are selling these lovely plastic trinkets while also shaming people for using plastic bags

Yeah in the UK Marks & Spencer did it this year too. I think you had to spend £20 to get a small bit of cardboard or a tiny plastic pizza. My 3 year old loves that dumb tiny pizza.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food-to-order/little-shop

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

TheMostFrench posted:

these days hearing aids can connect straight to the tv. have you tried telling him that? it might change his mind if he knows he can listen to it from anywhere in the house

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Poniard posted:

My apartment is full of skulls

My sister once knew a young man whose bedroom contained only three things: a bed, a huge unorganized heap of philosophy books, and a goat skull. I must track this gentleman down, as in the year of our lord 2019 I suspect he may wield powerful anti-brand energies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Len posted:

There's a OK KO episode featuring Kwami and Captain Planet admitting the Planeteers broke up because they weren't making any real progress and the planet is dying

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

226 posted:

Foodfight!
oh man I can't not post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmoQdgSS7vA

You must be Leonard, the Manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tashilicious posted:

I always said that the next step from "This isn't happening" and "it's not us" is "It's happening and its us, but its too late to do anything so why bother"

We are entering that last one full speed right now.

Nah the step after "it's not us" is "it's happening and it's us, but look at this hypothetical geoengineering study some college did 20 years ago, the problem is basically solved so who cares? no we don't need to invest money in actually implementing it or studying it further that's silly" with a healthy dose of "are you sure it's the fossil fuel industry? Look at how adorably innocent and kind-hearted they are, why do you hate coal miners, I bet the real cause is india/china/cow farts anyway, America can't possibly be causing the whole world's problems"