Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Generated and killed my second kuva lich, and while I mostly kind of like this system, I like to solo thrall missions, and boy, do some types of thrall mission not like to be solo'd. I've never cleared a planet of thrall territory except by killing the lich because there's always some Excavation or Defense I don't want to put up with, and even Mobile Defense gets pretty ornery. I killed the lich fine, but the mission itself was a long and ultimately failed slog. At one point I had to kite at least one Nox, two Prosecutors, and their party squad around corners while the drahk masters repeatedly swiped my goddamn gun out of my hands.

I mean, I'm not actually good at frames, just persistent. But that party squad was mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I Am Just a Box posted:

Generated and killed my second kuva lich, and while I mostly kind of like this system, I like to solo thrall missions, and boy, do some types of thrall mission not like to be solo'd. I've never cleared a planet of thrall territory except by killing the lich because there's always some Excavation or Defense I don't want to put up with, and even Mobile Defense gets pretty ornery. I killed the lich fine, but the mission itself was a long and ultimately failed slog. At one point I had to kite at least one Nox, two Prosecutors, and their party squad around corners while the drahk masters repeatedly swiped my goddamn gun out of my hands.

I mean, I'm not actually good at frames, just persistent. But that party squad was mean.

I'm not doing any drat hijack missions. :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

prefect posted:

I'm not doing any drat hijack missions. :colbert:

:hmmyes:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DarkAvenger211 posted:

How exactly do "Stat Sticks" work? If I've got a melee weapon with good stats, doesn't that just make the melee weapon good when I use it? I'm not understanding where the stats make the warframe better part.

Exalted weapons used to all scale based off the mods on your equipped "real" weapons, so Exalted Blade would use your melee's mods, Peacemaker would use your pistol's, etc. At some point in the past they changed almost all of these skills to have their own separate spot in the equipment screen, so now you can set up your Exalted Blade separately from your melee weapon's on Excalibur.
But there are three exceptions that still look at your equipped weapon's mods: Gara, Khora, and Atlas's 1 abilities, which all scale off of equipped melee mods.
The weapon's actual stats don't matter, but you'll want to put a mod loadout on it that's good for those abilities, which is not necessarily the same as a loadout that's good for using the weapon normally. More critically, they can benefit from riven mods, so you're encouraged to use a garbo weapon with a high riven disposition to get the most out of the abilities. You can even use e.g. a riven with a huge +slash modifier on a weapon that does no slash damage, since it'll still benefit Gara's slashing ability, so you can trade for it pretty cheaply.

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

Seeing those stolen pine cones feels like an appropriately indiscriminate, Grineer thing to do. If / when we end up with a Corpus analog (Amalgam Liches?), I kind of want to see them just take credits, and maybe oxium for spite, at a confiscatory rate, say fifty to seventy five percent. Then corrupted would focus on non-requiem relics, prime parts, and traces. And infested would be the weakest of the lot stealing nano spores and mutagen samples and probably nav coordinates so we stop raiding their nests, or would if we didn't have absurd stockpiles already. These are just rough ideas, but it'd be nice to see some character in the system.

Heh. Corpus puts a lien on your shiny new railjack or dojo. Thousands die in attempted repossession.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lol.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

don't touch my goddamn cones

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Unprompted overly dramatic hissy fit that would make a pub blush aside, what really bothers me (and my student debt) is that someone considers free lectures a bad thing. Thats just over the line :colbert:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

pj's right

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Welcome to corpro christi

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
it really wouldn't be that hard to make it so corpro doesn't stack. I'd prefer that actually

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
non-stacking auras seems like a bad idea when 99.99999% of players are in pub matchmade groups

as imperfect as it is to have stacking auras (and then the inevitable consequence of four-stacking a single aura as the ~meta~) i think it's far better than the alternative of showing up for a mission and having three people's auras do nothing and no way to fix it other than to leave and hope you get lucky the next time.

e: and the math on corpro reducing armor (aka reducing DR) is pretty clear cut, and the way it works incentivizes stacking to a huge degree. while that's bad design in a vacuum, the alternative is worse :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 20, 2019

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I prefer it to DE's grand design of "Bombards reduce all incoming damage by 96%." Bring loving corpro.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
non stacking would be ideal as the better an aura is, the more chances of people running it so its value goes down a bit.

I would also take non additive stacking, as each extra aura was another 30% after each other just like 4 corrosive procs.

or of course damage 3.0 but that's never coming out

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
just completely and totally redo damage and armor scaling already, DE

although I guess thats been on their to-do list since I started playing 2 years ago

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TheAgent posted:

just completely and totally redo damage and armor scaling already, DE

although I guess thats been on their to-do list since I started playing 2 years ago

I mean that's the real solution instead of, hang on lemme check my notes.... this thread's 8492nd "discussion" about corpro

steve did mention wanting to do that in Railjack as sort of a sandboxed, "safe" test environment just like Hildryn let them experiment with shield gating. that means in about 3 years they might remember either of these things, but they are aware of how damage has sorta run away from everyone, at least

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Don't just yell at people to use corpro all the time forever, but probably also don't make a big baby deal about it for the one type of content where you really want to have it

I don't know what to care about here

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

remove all scaling

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Prop Wash posted:

Don't just yell at people to use corpro all the time forever, but probably also don't make a big baby deal about it for the one type of content where you really want to have it

Who's the one yelling tho? Who cares about corpro, the real mockable thing is instantly throwing a hissy fit and leaving the squad you x'd for with spiteful zingers instead of just saying "nah, we'lll be fine, don't worry", or having any other adult reaction.

I've done tons of pub thrall missions with solo corpro and it's fine, the corpro yes/no box of pandora is not the noteworthy part.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 20, 2019

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
My main irk with Lich missions is that the Thralls and Lich's shouldn't spawn 300m behind me and make me backtrack for the drat thing.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
After about a dozen liches and tons of pubbing it feels there's only a very limited number of "arena"-ish tiles that liches prefer to spawn on, so if their timing sucks "the closest" of those can involve backtracking for 500 meters and up 2-3 elevators.

A pub in one of my runs theorized they did it like that to prevent them from being too close to extract? Which just sounds stupid and obnoxious enough to be true.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

wanna point out where the yelling is?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RoadCrewWorker posted:

A pub in one of my runs theorized they did it like that to prevent them from being too close to extract? Which just sounds stupid and obnoxious enough to be true.

I've fought a lich right outside the Mars extract, in the same tile, so if that's the case it's not perfect :v:

I mean the one with the circular landing pad and a bunch of skates right outside it, so I guess it's big enough that it fits as "arena like" but it's also the extraction tile.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RoadCrewWorker posted:

After about a dozen liches and tons of pubbing it feels there's only a very limited number of "arena"-ish tiles that liches prefer to spawn on, so if their timing sucks "the closest" of those can involve backtracking for 500 meters and up 2-3 elevators.

I was in a group over the weekend where the lich spawned as we were leaving. Like, when you see the mission results. And then later that day, one spawned right in front of the exit.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ive had liches spawn in extremely annoying tight corridors so i dont know about this arena theory

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Had a lich pop in yesterday on Jupiter 1000m back on the player spawn tile :iiam:

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that liches replace another NPC when they spawn in, so if you left a couple stragglers behind in something like an Exterminate mission that would explain why your lich winds up being on the wrong side of the map.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Drythe posted:

wanna point out where the yelling is?

Yeah, when I was a cute newbie years ago and showed up to a goon mission without corpro, goons were falling over each other to give one to me for free.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you have some reason to not be using corpro in a mission with high level grineer you could just say it when asked instead of instantly turning to a passive aggressive weirdo on your clan mates

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

don't touch my goddamn cones

What are things like those and those flowers things used for? I've been scanning them since I have the upgrade to make scans free, but I don't see them on any blueprints.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ytlaya posted:

What are things like those and those flowers things used for? I've been scanning them since I have the upgrade to make scans free, but I don't see them on any blueprints.

There's a quest that uses them. "The Silver Grove", I think it's called.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
After the quest you can still use them to re-summon some of the unique silver grove enemies and fight them for a chance at the mods they drop. Growing Power is probably the most popular of those.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Awesome! posted:

if you have some reason to not be using corpro in a mission with high level grineer you could just say it when asked instead of instantly turning to a passive aggressive weirdo on your clan mates

To be frank I cannot see a single good reason. The closest is Power Donation Speed Nova on a defense tile, and even then it gets increasingly questionable as Grineer levels increase.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If I'm just running around alone on Fortuna or something with a new frame sometimes I'll use whatever garbage aura fits the built-in polarity so i have enough mod capacity for more than a single vitality.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it doesnt need to be a good reason. i dont really care if you just feel like using energy siphon for some weird reason. but if you are loading into a lvl 100 grineer mission with a premade group you should expect someone to mention it. sometimes you just forget that you switched out to enemy radar when you did exploiter 2 weeks ago or whatever and need a reminder.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

prefect posted:

There's a quest that uses them. "The Silver Grove", I think it's called.

You can also create one (1) self (not team) full-health restore for the low price of 30 pinecones and 2 flowers

lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tallgeese posted:

To be frank I cannot see a single good reason. The closest is Power Donation Speed Nova on a defense tile, and even then it gets increasingly questionable as Grineer levels increase.

if you can coordinate with coaction drifts to hit 100% corpro regardless, it can be worth it, which is why nova is the only thing i bothered to put an aura forma on.

don't think the guy too pissy to equip an aura mod is gonna be cooperating all that well tho :v:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
So what stances do people consider big winners out of the rework now that there's been alot of settling time?

Personaly I'm really enjoying Crimson Dervish for claws, and Cleaving Whirlwind on heavy blades is just alot of fun (it was before, but the spin is just alot easier to execute and combo into).

Big losers are pretty much the whips, as it just highlights how limited the combos were in the first place. Bleeding Willow for polearms and Sundering Weave for machetes are absolutely abyssmal.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Logicspren posted:

A few frame abilities like Atlas' Landslide punch and Khora's Whipclaw inherit stats from your equipped melee weapon. You could build a weapon with lots of critical chance and critical damage to boost the damage of those abilities without actually intending to use the melee weapon at all, hence the Stat Stick.
Inherit mods. The actual weapon itself's stats are irrelevant.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Exalted weapons used to all scale based off the mods on your equipped "real" weapons, so Exalted Blade would use your melee's mods, Peacemaker would use your pistol's, etc. At some point in the past they changed almost all of these skills to have their own separate spot in the equipment screen, so now you can set up your Exalted Blade separately from your melee weapon's on Excalibur.
But there are three exceptions that still look at your equipped weapon's mods: Gara, Khora, and Atlas's 1 abilities, which all scale off of equipped melee mods.
The weapon's actual stats don't matter, but you'll want to put a mod loadout on it that's good for those abilities, which is not necessarily the same as a loadout that's good for using the weapon normally. More critically, they can benefit from riven mods, so you're encouraged to use a garbo weapon with a high riven disposition to get the most out of the abilities. You can even use e.g. a riven with a huge +slash modifier on a weapon that does no slash damage, since it'll still benefit Gara's slashing ability, so you can trade for it pretty cheaply.
It was a very good change, because Mesa's Regulators don't give a poo poo about things like "needing to reload", so Anemic Agility, which is +90% fire rate and -15% damage (additive with Hornet Strike, so it's a rather smaller percent of the final result in damage) is a pure buff, while on an actual gun it's less good becuase it means you run out of ammo and have to reload much more often.

Prop Wash posted:

for context the aura i was asking them to change was Enemy Radar, another - polarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I'm burning through forma remaking Zaws for Melee 3.0

My old blood rush / weeping wounds hybrid combo buildup zaw is still good, but pure-crit heavy-attack Zaws are the new meta - did you know Nikana heavy attacks automatically inflict Slash status? 'Cause goddaaaaaamn...

Now I've got a Korb/Sepfahn/Vargeet II Ruhang pure crit/damage and it is absolutely wonderful, and can even fit Primed Reach so I can cut rooms in half, which the hybrid zaw had trouble doing.