Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Azathoth posted:

This is the natural evolution of most grifters and grifts. I get that it's not a particularly new take, what with Vonnegut writing a whole book about it in the 70s and all, but it can't be overstated just how unlikely it is for a grifters to have a successful grift and not buy in at least partially. The only other real option is going from believer to grifter, otherwise it's incredibly hard to not come off as inauthentic to their marks.

This is all true but there's also an exception to it that's front and center in our lives right now: evangelical Christians openly adoring Donald Trump while he struggles to even put together the flimsy barebones front that any conservative is expected to hold up for them. It all works out because they're both quietly dedicated to the same brand of plausibly deniable white supremacy but that year or so where they tried to see if he could pretend to be a Christian and he came in hot with poo poo like "Actually I don't need God's forgiveness" and "Two Corinthians" was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
At least with season 4 of Man in the High Castle they spend a lot of time having all that comfortable life collapse in on the Smiths, with them realizing what horrific loving monsters they are to have gotten that far and stay there. Plus a black communist revolution in the Japanese held region that succeeds at achieving its goals and then some by driving the Japanese to abandon the west coast and deals with some uppity white motherfuckers in t he wake of that, plus a really satisfying death for Himmler if nothing else. The whole thing clearly seemed written expecting a 5th season to be able to wrap things up with and when told the 4th was the final they hastily rewrote some poo poo to clean it up in the last episode or two and it still doesn't answer a lot of things.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fizzil posted:

In Youngblood they mention a news article about a no mans land in there or at least they nuked the most valuable areas, cause one of the french resistance members is russian but he doesn't really mention or talk about it. It does sound like they're not doing good but still around.

In some of the news clippings in New Order they mention how Nazi technowizardry overwhelmed the Red Army with Panzerhunde and the like, but that Stalin had never been caught (presumably escaping to Siberia or something).

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Eimi posted:

The only appeal to me is if it's like Wolfenstein where the point of this dark timeline is it gives you more nazis to shoot and you get to see cool people destroy Hitler's little perfect aryan world.

Also I don't know what happened to Russia in Wolfenstein world but waiting for the Wolfenstein game where you get to play Lyudmila Pavlichenko

A newspaper clipping in The New Order mentions that they "evacuated" the east and use it as a training ground for Nazi soldiers so it sounds like they managed to implement generalplan Ost in that world

Edit: oh goddamnit.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This is all true but there's also an exception to it that's front and center in our lives right now: evangelical Christians openly adoring Donald Trump while he struggles to even put together the flimsy barebones front that any conservative is expected to hold up for them. It all works out because they're both quietly dedicated to the same brand of plausibly deniable white supremacy but that year or so where they tried to see if he could pretend to be a Christian and he came in hot with poo poo like "Actually I don't need God's forgiveness" and "Two Corinthians" was pretty fun.

they know he's full of poo poo. they're willing to put up with corruption in exchange for continued systemic white supremacy

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Eimi posted:

The only appeal to me is if it's like Wolfenstein where the point of this dark timeline is it gives you more nazis to shoot and you get to see cool people destroy Hitler's little perfect aryan world.

Also I don't know what happened to Russia in Wolfenstein world but waiting for the Wolfenstein game where you get to play Lyudmila Pavlichenko

In-universe they mention that Africa is basically the one place left on the planet that hasn't fallen to the Nazis and I'd fuckin love to see what a well-realized game set in Central Africa on the frontlines of that war would look like

That said, the Wolf devs didn't really do a great job with the US as a setting in TNC so they'd probably gently caress Africa up tremendously

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

they know he's full of poo poo. they're willing to put up with corruption in exchange for continued systemic white supremacy

Yeah, absolutely no one involved in pushing Trump as a Moral Majority Culture Warrior ever believed for a second that he actually is one. They pushed him as one as part of their grift, and now they're the ones desperately shilling for him, while he can't be bothered to do anything for them. Trump's grift is to do everything in his power to enrich himself, and he's willing to pay lip service to Evangelicals if it helps that cause, but that's it.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, absolutely no one involved in pushing Trump as a Moral Majority Culture Warrior ever believed for a second that he actually is one. They pushed him as one as part of their grift, and now they're the ones desperately shilling for him, while he can't be bothered to do anything for them. Trump's grift is to do everything in his power to enrich himself, and he's willing to pay lip service to Evangelicals if it helps that cause, but that's it.

The point is, amongst the GOP and grifters, is to never admit something is wrong unless they are 100% sure they can cut ties with someone and get rewarded for it better than keeping the ball rolling. Any sign of infighting is seen as a huge weakness.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's so stupid

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1196829984322703360?s=19

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Apart from everything else I like the implication that Stalin was right

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Very Normal pivot

https://twitter.com/kaitmarieox/status/1197300083492044800?s=21

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Congratulations to gun girl and Shrek on their new baby.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

what the Christ

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Lmao

animist
Aug 28, 2018

ugh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This'll own those libs.

….hmm better put something in there for the true Bennett heads though

*draws cleavage on the frog*

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
needs the fat kid with the soda in the background

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Russians have a word for "when you're on fire so you ram the enemy and set them on fire too" although its usually performed in an aircraft.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lol

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Syd Midnight posted:

Russians have a word for "when you're on fire so you ram the enemy and set them on fire too" although its usually performed in an aircraft.

"tuesday"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

educating liberals is a super weird case. there's been quite a bit written about him. he's a grifter, obviously, but there's a lot of mental health history there. i genuinely don't know to what degree he believes this stuff, and it's even possible he started out with a pure grift and started to buy into it.

isnt this what happened to tremptpe? he wanted to cash in on the rubes but as his brain started to fall apart he fell for the grift tailor made to activate boomer brain?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kent state gun girl is here to stay as an epic meme freak

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Kent state gun girl is here to stay as an epic meme freak

The groyper stuff makes me think on how long it is until she asks 'Why are we fighting Israel's wars?'

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Important to remember in the coming skirmishes between TPUSA and the anime nazis is that kent state gun girls faction was formed in a schism from TPUSA when she felt that Charlie Kirk betrayed her by not stopping her from doing the epic diaper installation.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a real brain-damaged-Sith-Lord vs brain-damaged-sith-apprentice conflict for the soul of right wing welfare fake student orgs

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Someone should start sending Kent State Gun Girl pictures of Loomer and eyebrow glue girl captioned "you in 3 years."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mister Speaker posted:

gee i wonder who this dipshit is

Yeah but it used to be white :haw:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lol. The good stuff

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Goddamn did this feel good to hear

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah but it used to be white :haw:

Huh?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lizziedearden/status/1197170286313037825
https://twitter.com/lizziedearden/status/1197188506503843844

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What does the title refer to

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

What does the title refer to

https://www.statepress.com/article/2019/11/sppolitics-congressman-dan-crenshaw-faces-alt-right-protests-at-q-a-forum-in-tempe

quote:

Christian Merante, a freshman studying political science, was also disappointed by the disruptions from the unruly audience.

Merante said he had never experienced a protest or backlash of this magnitude before, and wasn't sure how to handle it.

“Dan Crenshaw is my biggest political idol,” Merante said. “There were all these far-right anti-Semites, and I didn’t even get to ask the question I really wanted to ask because there were cameras facing me, there were people shoving, people screaming … it was just crazy. It destroyed my moment with Dan Crenshaw, and I started crying.”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lol

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Zebulon posted:

At least with season 4 of Man in the High Castle they spend a lot of time having all that comfortable life collapse in on the Smiths, with them realizing what horrific loving monsters they are to have gotten that far and stay there. Plus a black communist revolution in the Japanese held region that succeeds at achieving its goals and then some by driving the Japanese to abandon the west coast and deals with some uppity white motherfuckers in t he wake of that, plus a really satisfying death for Himmler if nothing else. The whole thing clearly seemed written expecting a 5th season to be able to wrap things up with and when told the 4th was the final they hastily rewrote some poo poo to clean it up in the last episode or two and it still doesn't answer a lot of things.

How are there 4 season of that, the book has just enough material for a tight movie. loving TV.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/codybondarchuk/status/1196949587405103104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib