Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blaziken386 posted:

something I just learned: unlike literally every other instance of online stuff, inviting people into your raid does not save the game.
What does this mean, you ask? It means if you fight a gigantamax pokemon with friends, and it breaks out of the ball, you can reset the game, and your friends still have a chance to catch it. While the host can only get it once, your friends could feasibly capture the same gmax pokemon multiple times. :eyepop:

So host a room, let friends join and once the fight starts the host leaves via closing the game and reopening it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Eminai posted:

Rose Tower, at the north spot in Wyndon. You don't need to beat the epilogue.

Thanks. Weird that it takes until the postgame for Hop to finally shut up about type advantages (though to be fair his brother does it too).

Marnie is best girl though and I feel bad for crushing her dreams so easily (and hope she makes it into the anime eventually). I also like that Team Yell wasn’t evil and was just a bunch of unruly fans, it was a nice change of pace at least.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 21, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So host a room, let friends join and once the fight starts the host leaves via closing the game and reopening it?
no, the host has to stay online for the raid to play out
I mean, after the raid (I did it on the rewards screen with the candies and TRs), the host can reset without affecting the other players - my friend has the gmax pokemon on her game, but for me, the raid hasn't triggered yet.

also just FYI, I have autosave off, that might affect things

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blaziken386 posted:

no, the host has to stay online for the raid to play out
I mean, after the raid (I did it on the rewards screen with the candies and TRs), the host can reset without affecting the other players - my friend has the gmax pokemon on her game, but for me, the raid hasn't triggered yet.

also just FYI, I have autosave off, that might affect things

I posted this last page-ish

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think it's hilarious that raid mons stats are fixed so you can game the system with friends. Find a shiny or high IV pokemon and reset the game. Invite some friends, do the raid again, they catch you reset and repeat as many times until your group has enough to pass around.

Good to know if you find a high IV ditto.

Watch this get immediately patched

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

on the one hand, I'm not holding out any hope that this'll be a thing for more than a couple weeks, but on the other hand, it'd be amazing if they never patched it
gamefreak usually only really patches out stuff like the lumiose save bug or exploits that third party stuff uses. (:rip: pkhex QR codes, too good for this world)

besides, it's no worse than stuff like emerald's cloning glitch

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Eminai posted:

Set your text speed to slow, save right outside the Ditto Den, throw a wishing star in, and you can see the color before it starts to save the game. Reset if it's the normal color and not the rare color.

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress youtube, you were able to explain a 14 minute video in less than 50 words

How much hell is it to get a 5-6 IV ditto though? 4 perfect IV base is great but 1/32 chance at a 5 (and I'm guessing 6 is impossible) sounds like a special kind of hell. I miss the perfect ditto a goon gave me back in Pokemon Y. :(

RatHat posted:

Garchomp is like a mix of a shark and a jet.

Those are called A-10s.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I posted this last page-ish

They'd have to patch that the game saves for the host as soon as the fight starts and that it wipes the lair as well, or something to that effect. Could they do it? Sure, but leaving it in and making use of it means you're (presumably) playing with a bunch of friends and interacting which they kinda want Pokemon players to do so :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just caught a wild tyranitar female! Wild Pokémon being lvl 60 is crazy. Going to start making some Larvitar for my Sword bros.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

How much hell is it to get a 5-6 IV ditto though? 4 perfect IV base is great but 1/32 chance at a 5 (and I'm guessing 6 is impossible) sounds like a special kind of hell. I miss the perfect ditto a goon gave me back in Pokemon Y. :(
probably a lot, but honestly, only a couple IVs matter for most pokemon

like, if you got a ditto with perfect att/spa/spe that's perfect for basically every glass cannon sweeper

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I asked my Tsareena and Hatterene to play together. Tsareena wanted to race! She made it across the camp in about 3 seconds.

It took Hatterene about 2 minutes.

They like each other a lot. :kimchi:

Meanwhile, my Weezing told me she's scared of Hatterene. That's loving adorable.

Also I just want to live in Ballonlea.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Its hard to be a home owner in ballonlea. Theres only two houses :smith:

It's my favorite place looks wise but god I wish it was bigger.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Its hard to be a home owner in ballonlea. Theres only two houses :smith:

It's my favorite place looks wise but god I wish it was bigger.

It's wild to me that a tiny town that's a massive pain in the rear end to get to is somehow popular enough for a gym leader and stadium

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blockhouse posted:

It's wild to me that a tiny town that's a massive pain in the rear end to get to is somehow popular enough for a gym leader and stadium

Meanwhile, Spikemuth

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meanwhile, Spikemuth

the Pokemon League fans of Galar are idiots

"No Dynamxing? Who wants to watch fantastic battles between creatures wielding pure elemental power if they don't also get huge??"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I haven't had any raids in the wild area since Monday. Is there a trigger to get them to spawn besides the 3k watt rock?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I've started using ultra balls after net balls and great balls weren't cutting it, but still can't catch these drat dynamax butterfrees

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blockhouse posted:

"No Dynamxing? Who wants to watch fantastic battles between creatures wielding pure elemental power if they don't also get huge??"

Well, in a choice between "X" and "X But YUUUUUUUGE"...

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody caught any hidden ability pokemon yet? There's a bunch I want to catch and as far as I can tell I have to cross my fingers in a random raid battle.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

Any time an episodes ends on a fight with no Giant robo ratings go down.

Sorry everybody loves sentai and kaiju and that means who gives a poo poo about normal pokemon battles. If I wanted to see that I could go to some trash place like Johto. Or Orre.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dienes posted:

I haven't had any raids in the wild area since Monday. Is there a trigger to get them to spawn besides the 3k watt rock?

Clear out all the raids in your WA and it instant fills in a random set of them for you, You've missed one somewhere.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Any time an episodes ends on a fight with no Giant robo ratings go down.

Sorry everybody loves sentai and kaiju and that means who gives a poo poo about normal pokemon battles. If I wanted to see that I could go to some trash place like Johto. Or Orre.

This is the same kind of thinking that got us bad CGI giant robots kludged into every modern Kamen Rider series!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

More toxic things from the anti dexit squad.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Dehry posted:

IIRC a Japanese fanartist made a picture of Nessa using pastel colors which resulted in her skin tone being lighter than official work. Someone got really upset over it and the ensuing twitter controversy was picked up by gamers.

Argh! Gamers! Not them again. I wish there was a way to play games with those drat gamers!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Clear out all the raids in your WA and it instant fills in a random set of them for you, You've missed one somewhere.

Ugh, I can't see any sky beams biking around, time to scour the land.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

G-max Grimmsnarl looks loving incredible :staredog:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

The whole world is watching this match and I am going to loving end you once and for all, Hop

e; yeah your rabbit just got blown the gently caress up

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 21, 2019

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Ms Adequate posted:

G-max Grimmsnarl looks loving incredible :staredog:

I just about lost my poo poo when Marnie summoned her「STAND」

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Flopsy posted:

Anybody caught any hidden ability pokemon yet? There's a bunch I want to catch and as far as I can tell I have to cross my fingers in a random raid battle.

I managed to catch a female Corvisquire with its hidden ability (Big Pecks, which becomes a Corviknight with Mirror Armor), but I haven't beaten the game yet and I'm nowhere near ready to breed competitive things yet.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

This is the same kind of thinking that got us bad CGI giant robots kludged into every modern Kamen Rider series!

Even Ex-Aid and Build did this but Ex-Aid made the CGi-wonkyness work because VIDEOGAMES WHOAAAA and I don't remember the big guardian build-a-big-boy units in Build doing anything other than getting blown the gently caress up in the OP.

Ex-Aid and Build are the best Rider seasons by the way

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Raids are the first time in my pokemon career that I've cared about friendly fire. Also Excadrill is very fun but I would not recommend Earthquaking your allies.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

YggiDee posted:

Raids are the first time in my pokemon career that I've cared about friendly fire. Also Excadrill is very fun but I would not recommend Earthquaking your allies.

Earthquaking your allies is the best part of Excadrill.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Radio Free Kobold posted:

And discharging them is the best part of Toxtricity

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Maximum Gamer Ex-Aid is good and Revol Garry is Hero of the people and you are no friend to justice.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chronojam posted:

I've started using ultra balls after net balls and great balls weren't cutting it, but still can't catch these drat dynamax butterfrees

Net balls are better than ultra balls so going to ultra balls was a downgrade.

Unless the capture mechanism and ball strengths changed for sword and shield. Which seems unlikely.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Just need some flying or levitating teammates.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol at the little tooltip suggesting that I take a look around the town with a single pokemon center and see everything it has to offer

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Net balls are better than ultra balls so going to ultra balls was a downgrade.

I always just assumed the ultra balls were a step up; but now I'll need to find a trade for more net balls it seems

E: just like that I run into a guy selling quick balls!

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 21, 2019

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ms Adequate posted:

And boombursting them is the best part of Toxtricity

fixed that

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Beat me to it. :v:

Also do not bother buying Throat Spray for Toxtricity, it only works once per combat. I was hoping it was on every sound move use. :(

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Beat me to it. :v:

Also do not bother buying Throat Spray for Toxtricity, it only works once per combat. I was hoping it was on every sound move use. :(

That's still way worth it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Are there any moves I want to be sure Farfetchd learns before I evolve it? Is Leaf Blade good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

I managed to catch a female Corvisquire with its hidden ability (Big Pecks, which becomes a Corviknight with Mirror Armor), but I haven't beaten the game yet and I'm nowhere near ready to breed competitive things yet.

God I envy you...