Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Frond posted:

Senna is obviously biased as hell but it’s good.

Agree. But I would suggest the best Formula 1 documentary is Grand Prix: The Killer Years. It focuses a lot on the death and destruction to a gratuitous level, but honestly the camaraderie between the drivers is legit :unsmith: especially when you consider some of the assholes that have been in F1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

The Incubus album S. C. I. E. N. C. E.

Pardon Me was Incubus' greatest song. Followed closely by 'Drive.'

Corey Taylor is a loving brilliant singer and Slipknot songs really resonate with me.

TapRoot's 'Poem' will never not be a loving banger than I turn up to 11 in the car when I'm driving.

Tenacious D's 'Tribute' is actually a very good song, but it got massively overplayed, a bit like Bohemian Rhapsody.

Man, I spent way too much of my youth on LPMB.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Days of thunder is just top gun but palette swapped and without all the male romance undertones.

Redline is the worst racing movie. Should've known because it's anime.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

Days of thunder is just top gun but palette swapped and without all the male romance undertones.

Days of Thunder is still orders of magnitude better than Driven and, even worse, Thunderbolt.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Actually, Talladega Nights is a legit good and accurate film on motor racing. NASCAR is a loving farce.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Big Huski Boi posted:

I'm going to see Fast Five tonight.

Fast 5 owns OP, good pick. Mostly because the first few clips of the movie feature a Hakosuka GT-R

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Fast 5 owns OP, good pick. Mostly because the first few clips of the movie feature a Hakosuka GT-R

The theater is doing this thing where you get a beer at the beginning and then they deliver you three beers at key moments of the movie. And I don't know if they are full beers because if so they're gonna need to pause the movie like six or seven times for my bladder.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Incubus sucked when Dirk left.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Theophany posted:

Pardon Me was Incubus' greatest song. Followed closely by 'Drive.'

Corey Taylor is a loving brilliant singer and Slipknot songs really resonate with me.

TapRoot's 'Poem' will never not be a loving banger than I turn up to 11 in the car when I'm driving.

Tenacious D's 'Tribute' is actually a very good song, but it got massively overplayed, a bit like Bohemian Rhapsody.

Man, I spent way too much of my youth on LPMB.

Make Yourself was a good album but I'm partial to the heavier vibe of S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Early slipknot holds up.

Tenacious D is almost certainly 2000s.

Taproot has not aged well imo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Just lol at no one mentioning Mr Bungle yet.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

the kentucky quid posted:

Is there a 90s rock band that hasn’t aged poorly?

Nirvana is probably the closest but I think if Kurt hadn’t eaten lead that music would be viewed as extremely passé now.

Alice in Chains is the only band that came out of Seattle during that era I would consider classic.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Make Yourself was a good album but I'm partial to the heavier vibe of S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Early slipknot holds up.

Tenacious D is almost certainly 2000s.

Taproot has not aged well imo.

*palm slams Kerrang! 2 into his CD player*

BubbaGrace posted:

Alice in Chains is the only band that came out of Seattle during that era I would consider classic.

Them Bones turned to 11 is my go to track when I'm out in the RS6 driving like a hoon. Nutshell is what I play when I see the flashing blue lights in my rear view mirror.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

ilmucche posted:

Redline owns.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Racing anime probably has a better track record (heh) than live action.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Theophany posted:

Actually, Talladega Nights is a legit good and accurate film on motor racing. NASCAR is a loving farce.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Racing anime probably has a better track record (heh) than live action.

Please do not bring up anime. tia

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Please do not bring up anime. tia

:yeah:

Big Huski Boi posted:

The theater is doing this thing where you get a beer at the beginning and then they deliver you three beers at key moments of the movie. And I don't know if they are full beers because if so they're gonna need to pause the movie like six or seven times for my bladder.

As long as you don’t break the seal you should be able to make it for a 90 minute movie, if you can’t you should see a doctor

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

As long as you don’t break the seal you should be able to make it for a 90 minute movie, if you can’t you should see a doctor

Breaking the seal is a fallacy

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lmao they just shitcanned a whole division at work and tried to frame it as firing 3 people

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Big Huski Boi posted:

Breaking the seal is a fallacy

It isn't. I'm a literal piss camel. I would go a whole 8 hour working day plus commuting witthout pisssing or avoiding hydration.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a small bladder and need to piss at every available opportunity

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I also drink like 5-8 coffees a day so ymmv

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club
I miss F1. Sucks the season is over and we have to wait 4 months.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I also drink like 5-8 coffees a day so ymmv

How many shits do you have? Also what size is the coffee

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

These questions are getting too personal.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

These questions are getting too personal.

ANSWER THEM!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

1, I seemed to remember enjoy watching. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2518788/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Born Racer, whilst not F1, was great and made me appreciate Scott Dixon somewhat. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6936350/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Super Speedway, also not F1, is freaking amazing for the sound alone. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120245/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I rode my bike and now I’m making cookies (not in a cast iron pan)

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

loving asus motherboard

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I rode my bike and now I’m making cookies (not in a cast iron pan)

well I would hope not that's what a baking stone is for

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the paradigm shift posted:

well I would hope not that's what a baking stone is for

I use parchment paper for easy cleanup and I’m also experimenting with no rising agents

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Big Huski Boi posted:

They are also going to be constantly bringing beers cuz the movie is always having a key moments

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just lol if you aren’t sneaking beers into movie theatres

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I bought a bunch of plastic flasks on amazon for like $7, it’s great for games, just get a big coke with a lot of ice and dump in a bunch of Jameson or something cheap

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

I am a nerd and partaking in NaNoWriMo. Writing as we speak. Gotta write that Max/Leclerc fan fiction.

Oh yeah, what I came here to write about is that I made gluten free lactose free brownies on Saturday and they were really good. However you gotta use oil to make your pan non stick.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

They are also going to be constantly bringing beers cuz the movie is always having a key moments

They said it was every 30 minutes but it felt constant. They brought out a brown ale when they exploded the toilets and poop flew everywhere. It was a nice touch.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DrNewton posted:

I am a nerd and partaking in NaNoWriMo. Writing as we speak. Gotta write that Max/Leclerc fan fiction.

Oh yeah, what I came here to write about is that I made gluten free lactose free brownies on Saturday and they were really good. However you gotta use oil to make your pan non stick.

pics?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Just lol if you aren’t sneaking beers into movie theatres

why isn't the stroll avatar shouting the posts

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

formula e quali is on soon or now I can't be bothered to care. maybe if they remixed the sound so I could hear something other than a loud whine and didn't have mostly lovely tracks designed to cause multiple pileups. I might catch the race midweek if I need something to nap to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i made homemade mayo