Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

whew at least blood is affordable

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

crepeface posted:

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9633006

im out of anything clever or funny to say about google shutting down another service.

what did you expect it was a beta

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Agile Vector posted:

lol. curious how insulin in the US stacks up.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

novolog is 312$/10mL, so 31.20/mL

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Father Jack posted:

always?

i've seen it happen in europe after an especially turbulent flight or scary landing approach, but not as convention

always. aeroflot is the only airline where had to break out the accidents page into separate pages by decade because they'd be too long otherwise.

they're more or less fine now, but traditions die hard.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Agile Vector posted:

here I am giving my blood away for free like an idiot!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

do one for francium

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

crepeface posted:

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9633006

im out of anything clever or funny to say about google shutting down another service.

actually rrally sucks kuz google cloud print kicks major rear end

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

evergreen lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

novolog is 312$/10mL, so 31.20/mL

jesus christ

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a normal business would spin off cloud print and sell it to like xerox but I imagine everything google does is too bespoke and designed for their systems alone to be able to release it separately

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
google clod prnt wrked pretty good but not great. if you could install like a desktop daemon on any platform and it would clod print to the printer you have added to your server it would epic and seemless. set the clod print watever as the default and let people send jobs to it. but then again printer drivers are so hosed up and bespoke with 1000000 different settings idk. printing is just a loving nightmare. cloud print loving OWNS for printering likr normal documents where the most advanced thing is like double sides and the binding edge. but you get into the stock weight and nonstandard sizes and poo poo and it's like so hosed up. let alone like advanced toner options and poo poo gently caress. gently caress printers and gently caress desktop printing. my decent canon printer in the printer optiosn with the proprietary drivers have 99999999999 pages of options and even as the office Printer Master i don't know the gently caress most of tat poo poo is

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

they didn’t turn it off yet and people are already freaking out

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Smythe posted:

. my decent canon printer in the printer optiosn with the proprietary drivers have 99999999999 pages of options and even as the office Printer Master i don't know the gently caress most of tat poo poo is

a lot of that is from 100 years ago when your printing press and binding machine running 10,000 sheets per hour would explode or burn the building down if you didn’t set it up right. most of that poo poo doesn’t matter as much to a desktop printer and if you’re doing the kind of printing where it does, you’re not doing it on a soho laser printer.

desktop publishing!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
one button: put this pdf on a paper

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
and here i am printing over wifi like a sucker :(

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
What's the status of google fit? I have this hunch that it's dying because it just feels so unpolished

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
1st question: what the hell is a google fit?

it's definitely dying though, because it has gone past the point of "being created" and those are the only two things it is possible for a google project to be

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
they just bought Fitbit so I guess a engineer at Google will make start a project to merge them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
or, you know, create an entirely new system completely siloed from the old one with significant gaps in functionality

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol forgot these even existed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tbf, so did google

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

or, you know, create an entirely new system completely siloed from the old one with significant gaps in functionality
They probably aren't going to start from scratch since I think they announced that they plan to use their existing watch OS. I'm sure they'll manage to somehow turn it into something that existing users of both fitbits and android wear watches both hate, though.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you say that, but how many messaging services have they managed to build on top of their existing android os in the last decade?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

samsung: i need a new lens layout for my cameras

just gently caress my poo poo up fam

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

1st question: what the hell is a google fit?

it's definitely dying though, because it has gone past the point of "being created" and those are the only two things it is possible for a google project to be

It's an exercise tracker that uses The Algorithm to guess when you've been walking or cycling or whatever. You can also explicitly track for example weight lifting (by time), but when you inevitably forget to stop the tracker when you stop working out, you cannot edit it afterwards and change your epic 6-hour gym session to a more realistic 1.5-hour one.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
also it makes exercise fun and gamified like if you reach your daily exercise goal it praises you and shows a neat animation. also every few weeks it tries to get you to increase your daily goals and then a couple of weeks later when that magically didn't make you move more it suggests that maybe you should lower your goals to be more attainable.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

lol forgot these even existed

I'm the agenda

No, the other agenda

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wheany posted:

also it makes exercise fun and gamified like if you reach your daily exercise goal it praises you and shows a neat animation. also every few weeks it tries to get you to increase your daily goals and then a couple of weeks later when that magically didn't make you move more it suggests that maybe you should lower your goals to be more attainable.

your watch isn't mad, it's just disappointed in you

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

it’s a black rectangle with cameras like you asked. yes, five of them. I don’t know why they’re so spread out and out of alignment. someone said it should be bigger than the other ones so we went big with it. Is it a problem?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"gently caress it, we're doing five blades cameras"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Do you really need that good of a camera on your phone

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
you need all those cameras to be as good as a $100 point and shoot

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I don’t know why we keep taking these baby steps.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

tk posted:

this is unironically better than the android or iphones because its not a loving bump

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

this is unironically better than the android or iphones because its not a loving bump

iirc it ran android.

it also took like fully several seconds to actually take a picture, because it ran android

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
one day someone will include a real synthetic aperture light field camera in a phone. until then bumps are just going to grow

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

tk posted:

didn't the results of this suck rear end

like compared to a $400 best buy entry level aps-c crop sensor DSLR and kit lens

just demolished that fucker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

one day someone will include a real synthetic aperture light field camera in a phone. until then bumps are just going to grow

wasn't the one they made into a commercial project super boxy and also incredibly low res?