Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Akuma posted:

But regardless it is funny when it happens. The only time package damage was stressing me out was at the very end of the game where you have to fight the loving giant whale with a really important package on your back but I learned that it won't go beyond 99% damage so it doesn't really even matter.

I did actually lose that package at one point but it wasn't to the whale, I think it was to one of the surprise big BT ambushes along the way. Those were annoying because you can easily motorcycle boost past everything else but I guess they didn't want you to actually use the tools they gave you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

i told you guys, its been open secret for ages. game awards reveal probably. resistance is the mp. for some reason the link isnt working? or it is just me?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My memories hazy, but didn't Resident Evil 3 reuse some/most of its locations from RE2 due to them both occurring in Raccoon City during the outbreak?

just like a quarter of the police station, thats it. game is about as long as re2 with lots of streets locations, clock tower, hospital, old warehouses that are a front for umbrella. you only go in the police station for like 2 or so items for 5mins.

re3 has this weird mandella effect i've noticed with people where they think just because it was one disc it was some how a shorter game that was just in the police station.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Just got to Chapter 11 in DS. These breaks from the normal pace of the game are the only parts I'm not liking. Someone spoil a quick and easy way to get through this chapter.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kilometers Davis posted:

I wish REmake2 didn’t freak me the gently caress out within the first 30 minutes causing me to never play it again lmao

This was me too, I hate scary games and jump scares, but just don’t play with headphones/play with a podcast or something on as well to get you through the first chunk until you’re more annoyed that you got grabbed than scared of the game. The only times I’ve actually really jumped now have been because of the volume being too low and I couldn’t hear the foot steps of Mr. X and just run into a room and he’s right there, or some zombie is right there that I would’ve heard otherwise. The sound design is pretty wild too when you do get over it, and the game basically turns into an action game halfway through anyways. I thought I wasn’t into it because it wasn’t like RE4, but it’s amazing and I’m glad I bought it impulsively.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tensai posted:

Just got to Chapter 11 in DS. These breaks from the normal pace of the game are the only parts I'm not liking. Someone spoil a quick and easy way to get through this chapter.
IDK that there is a quick and easy way to get through it, other than maybe crank the difficulty down. That's Vietnam, right? Try to scavenge as much as you can before you engage, you should be able to get most of if not a full set of armor plates which helps a lot. Stock up on cryptobiotes and always fight next to something you can hide behind and eat one if need be, and run away to hide and restock if a fight isn't going your way. For at least the first encounter try to sneak up and stealth kill as many of the soldiers as you can, its trickier on subsequent encounters but its still doable, and sometimes you'll find Cliff himself in a good spot that you can tie him up too, which is pretty much an instant win. Other than that just take out as many of the soldiers as you need to be safe and then focus on Cliff.

You almost have to treat it like The End fight in MGS3, its an endurance battle.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Samurai Sanders posted:

Doesn't rest mode gently caress up all Soulsborne games' online part and you get thrown back to the menu?

Yeah, it’s kind of awful at times, because it kicks you out if you lose connection at any point, so if you’re one hit away from killing the last boss of the DLC, and in the middle of swinging your Berserk sword you lose your connection, it’ll bring you back to the title screen. I have no idea why it doesn’t turn this off when it realizes you’ve entered a boss fight and you’re not co-oping, since you can’t be invaded during a boss fight, and I don’t know if you summon someone with the bell, or whatever if you can enter the boss fight while another player is waiting to join, and then they can run to the fog wall or whatever, but if you didn’t do any of that and you didn’t summon someone in Dark Souls, it shouldn’t force quit.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ineffiable posted:

So with that, this means you can play all the resident evil games worth a drat on one console right?

Yes, and also RE0.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Thanks for the RE2 advice. I’m sure it is just an initial 2 hour hump kind of thing yeah. Horror games frustrate me real easily and make me feel like I’m incapable of enjoying myself. I’m either stressed out or I start seeing it as a boring trial and error puzzle and lose interest. It’s easy for me to put them down and not come back because of some perceived difficulty through the lens of prior frustrations with lovely horror games. I’ll probably get around to it sometime through next year though. I would like to, it seems like an excellent game and the creature/zombie/grossout design is awesome. Atmosphere is thicccccer than leather daddy x.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Imhotep posted:

Yeah, it’s kind of awful at times, because it kicks you out if you lose connection at any point, so if you’re one hit away from killing the last boss of the DLC, and in the middle of swinging your Berserk sword you lose your connection, it’ll bring you back to the title screen. I have no idea why it doesn’t turn this off when it realizes you’ve entered a boss fight and you’re not co-oping, since you can’t be invaded during a boss fight, and I don’t know if you summon someone with the bell, or whatever if you can enter the boss fight while another player is waiting to join, and then they can run to the fog wall or whatever, but if you didn’t do any of that and you didn’t summon someone in Dark Souls, it shouldn’t force quit.

There's no reason to ever do that because the game is perfectly happy running offline so long as that's the case at the moment the session starts. There should be no "turning it off" because killing your session should never happen, the game should be able to seamlessly transition from having a connection to not having a connection.

Bloodborne even had a bug at launch where if you suspended and resumed the network connection got screwed up and coop/invasion stopped working, but you could keep playing. Killing your session is arguably a regression here and the bugged launch behavior was better.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Just got through chapter 4 of DS. Despite it appearing briefly in the trailers I entirely forgot about Mads Mikkelsen’s soldier character. Obviously you see him in the BB memory cutscenes, but it was a shock going from Santa Mads to undead soldiers Mads. Also the Bridges truck holds so much more than the MULE trucks.

I do hope the make some tweaks to the shared building. I have entirely stopped receiving any help building roads once I reached the branching point between the southern distribution center and the craftsman and had to complete the rest to South Knot on my own. And now my roads are littered with abandoned vehicles sitting right in the middle of the road. Also I helped complete one bridge foundation and now my game is cluttered with bridge foundations.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

haveblue posted:

There's no reason to ever do that because the game is perfectly happy running offline so long as that's the case at the moment the session starts. There should be no "turning it off" because killing your session should never happen, the game should be able to seamlessly transition from having a connection to not having a connection.

Bloodborne even had a bug at launch where if you suspended and resumed the network connection got screwed up and coop/invasion stopped working, but you could keep playing. Killing your session is arguably a regression here and the bugged launch behavior was better.

Well yeah, but it’s there to deter people from quitting out if they get invaded, even though there’s already an in game item that’s supposed to serve as a warning before they suspend you, right? Doesn’t stop people from doing it though.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Thanks for the RE2 advice. I’m sure it is just an initial 2 hour hump kind of thing yeah. Horror games frustrate me real easily and make me feel like I’m incapable of enjoying myself. I’m either stressed out or I start seeing it as a boring trial and error puzzle and lose interest. It’s easy for me to put them down and not come back because of some perceived difficulty through the lens of prior frustrations with lovely horror games. I’ll probably get around to it sometime through next year though. I would like to, it seems like an excellent game and the creature/zombie/grossout design is awesome. Atmosphere is thicccccer than leather daddy x.

Yeah, I mean my advice sounds silly, but I went through the same exact thing, I bought the game used played it for an hour with headphones and returned it to Gamestop because of that. Then like a couple of months ago I played RE4 again for Switch and it was still really fun and I was craving more so I got RE2 digitally on sale and once I got through the first couple of hours I was hooked. Don’t be afraid to play it on assisted either because even on normal there were times when it was just annoying because I was limping around and would get one shotted repeatedly, so it’s just less scary and more annoying. Regardless, I really loved it and it’s one of my favorite games of the year and I nearly didn’t play it, and I avoid all horror stuff because of that. I played about an hour of RE7 in VR and haven’t touched it since, which maybe retroactively made every other game less scary. But yeah the first part of the game is way darker and scarier than it is even an hour or two into the game going through the same areas, it is incredibly atmospheric and the sound design makes every noise seem terrifying. But that also put me off because I assumed the entire game would be like that and luckily it’s just the first bit of the game until you loop back and go into the other half of the police station. I replayed It like immediately after beating it and it becomes really fun once you get the timing down and can run around zombies more easily, which I didn’t think would be the case.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 22, 2019

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Thanks everyone for the Death Stranding advice a couple of pages ago. I'll probably get it mid-December-ish when my PC XBox game pass trial runs out. I'm trying to make the most of it until then as I'm not going to renew it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am tempted to buy RE2 on sale even though I would literally not get to it before 2020. And it's been decades since I played RE1 that I probably should revisit that first, even though I know the narratives are only loosely tied

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am tempted to buy RE2 on sale even though I would literally not get to it before 2020. And it's been decades since I played RE1 that I probably should revisit that first, even though I know the narratives are only loosely tied

RE2 is basically its own thing

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

You can jump into most (all?) REs without any knowledge of earlier games and you won’t miss anything important. Maybe some fan service that you don’t notice otherwise.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I know but if I'm gonna relive my childhood experiences I played RE1 before I played RE2 :colbert:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Shut up before I make you a Jill Sandwich!!!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

RE1 remake is amazing and deserve to be played too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Remake 2 is a better game in this day and age IMO

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

play both why would you choose

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
REMake 1 is the absolute pinnacle of the genre of pre-rendered tank-em-ups. Kind of a shame that it's a dead art, but that game rules.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I’ve tried many times and I just can’t handle the controls, RE4 was my first Resi game and since then I’ve been hoping for remakes of the first 3 in the style of RE2, so I hope they do the same with 1, which I’m sure will happen eventually now even though it would be the third(?) time they’ve remade it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just completed Shenmue 3 ama

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

man nurse posted:

How was it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

man nurse posted:

Hype for Shenmue 4?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Whalley posted:

How was it

It was really good if you like Shenmue. Barely moves the plot forward at all, however, so anyone looking for a big conclusion is gonna have to wait and see if Shenmue 4 ever happens.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

man nurse posted:

Do you know where I can find any thugs around here?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean it is a 9-part series after all right

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
RE1make is definitely recommended! I promise.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Kibayasu posted:

Do you know where I can find any thugs around here?

No, I haven't

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Man, releasing the next chapter in a series after a ten-year hiatus and not even finishing the plot is some big dick energy

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean it is a 9-part series after all right

Well, it has "chapters" somewhere in the lower end of the double digits, like 11 or 12, but Shenmue 2 covered multiple chapters. Very little happens in 3 comparatively. I'd liken it more to 1 in terms of scope and progression.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That reminds me of the balls on the Kingdom Hearts devs to have the opening cutscene of KH3 have the title card "Kingdom Hearts 2.9"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Morpheus posted:

Man, releasing the next chapter in a series after a ten-year hiatus and not even finishing the plot is some big dick energy

Can't wait for Winds of Winter!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lobok posted:

Can't wait for Winds of Winter!

Actually it's called Wilds of Winter.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Outer Winds

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AKA MY POSTS!!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A Wild of Outers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That reminds me of the balls on the Kingdom Hearts devs to have the opening cutscene of KH3 have the title card "Kingdom Hearts 2.9"

That was hilarious yeah