Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kibayasu posted:

fightin stuff

Thanks, I do need to keep closer I guess, and I just realized I haven't faced them since getting the double blade saber. That should help a lot whenever I get to them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Once I unlocked the DBL it was my main weapon for every fight until it was down to 1v1, and even in 1v1 if they activate their DBL I’m absolutely matching them

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks, I do need to keep closer I guess, and I just realized I haven't faced them since getting the double blade saber. That should help a lot whenever I get to them again.

There are three types of bounty hunters if you haven’t encountered all of them yet: Big robot; guy with laser gun, stun grenades, and close range repulsor beam; and guy with jet pack, laser rifle, rocket launcher, and flamethrower. You can get into a fight with up to a combination of two.

The guy with the laser rifle and grenades is the easiest one. The only tricky things they can do is shoot an unblockable laser blast and drop a grenade at their feet when you hit them with your sword, the grenade will stun you for a few seconds. Just got to keep charging them, dodging back when they drop the grenade, and dodge the laser blasts.

The loving jet pack motherfuckers are the worst though, and there’s at least one random fight when you fight two of the fuckers. I didn’t really encounter them enough times to get a feel for how to counter them though. They’ll shoot you with their rifle so you can reflect that back but beyond that I suppose you’re probably supposed to use force push/pull to knock them to the ground? Because most of the fights I did have with them was just dodging their rockets and flamethrower.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I haven't seen the last one, I'd probably die instantly anyway but it sounds like the coolest and most Star Warsy to watch at least.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kibayasu posted:

The loving jet pack motherfuckers are the worst though, and there’s at least one random fight when you fight two of the fuckers. I didn’t really encounter them enough times to get a feel for how to counter them though. They’ll shoot you with their rifle so you can reflect that back but beyond that I suppose you’re probably supposed to use force push/pull to knock them to the ground? Because most of the fights I did have with them was just dodging their rockets and flamethrower.[/spoiler]

You can push them into walls to briefly damage their jetpack, but the best move is the charging rush when you hold heavy attack but you do that changup jump over them and hit them in the jetpack for stupid damage. You do that when they land, obviously. When they're flying doing quick/partly charged Pushes and Pulls will throw off their trajectory enough to force them to land. Also when they do the flamethrower charge if you push them they will always fall down. You can actually finish them off exceedingly fast that way by throwing your saber, pushing them, and doing that charge and then a regular/split combo while they're slowly getting up off the ground. Single saber is better vs them because unlike the double your regular attacks come out fast and will flinch them, plus you just do more damage to alpha them down.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 22, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Traxis posted:

The opening sequence was cool and atmospheric but the next two planets have been lifeless boring slogs.

yeah, thats my big problem with the game. the souls type world level design doesnt gel with the story and set pieces.

dyzzy posted:

I had exactly one loading sequence immediately prior where him and Cere are talking about gambling and Cere says something about his habits leading to trouble with the Brood. That was it

thats another issues. the story is good for what it is but the whole middle of the game is just kinda in limbo and their is no meat to alot of whats happening and threads just get dropped.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Using space to evade was like a whole new game, I did the giant bat boss in one attempt :buddy:

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Finally finished it after around 28h, fantastic game. Could've been better? Probably, especially with a more fluid combat. But overall it was a very polished, very great paced game with fantastic StarWars atmosphere to it. Overall very nice writing too and great characters which is generally rare in that combination with an AAA budget.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I cheesed all the bounty hunters by abusing their aggro range lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You can just force pull the flying one and kill it easily

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

JBP posted:

That would be against the Jedi Code, as established onscreen by Obi-Wan Kenobi in the film "Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is it impossible to return to the second tomb? I can't get past the forcefield where I fought Second Sister.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This game gave me way more questions than answers. Why is it evil to force “choke” someone but it’s good and juste to punt them off the side of cliff like a sack of poo poo?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lone Badger posted:

Is it impossible to return to the second tomb? I can't get past the forcefield where I fought Second Sister.

Go to the Imperial HQ where you came out, you can take that elevator back down.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Bust Rodd posted:

This game gave me way more questions than answers. Why is it evil to force “choke” someone but it’s good and juste to punt them off the side of cliff like a sack of poo poo?

Going by video game convention, push/pull are neutral powers - Dark Side powers involve inflicting suffering on people (choke, lightning), and Light Side powers involve helping people (heal, party buffs)

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Finished this last night. I thought it was an extremely fun, extremely well designed game that probably needed to cook for another six months.

I enjoyed the platforming, specifically that there was no prompts or compass. I remember playing Tomb Raider and having pretty much every move you need to do signposted and finding that unplayably boring.

I enjoyed the combat. Not as good as Sekiro or God Of War but still very fun. Ending sequence was awesome.

I'd prob give this game 9/10 but I only just got a PS4 so haven't played any of the Uncharteds.

Also it is sick when you fight a Purge Rifleman: if you force Pull they will just fire a blaster bolt at you as they fly toward you. Extremely cool

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Yoda: "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defence, never for attack."

Also Yoda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrBTla7zRvI

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 23, 2019

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

You have to do the wall runs on the upper level of the imperial HQ back to the elevator you exited with. Going through the dig site is blocked off forever I think.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Bust Rodd posted:

I was thinking something like this as i was playing, like i wish there were some dark and light side choices with the combat. There are plenty of times where you'll whittle down the stormtroopers until there's one left, it would have been cool if sometimes they'd run or surrender out of fear after they'd witnessed you chop all their friends down and you had a choice to spare them or cut them down.

They're not clones so it's a little silly that they're all gung ho and fearless, i know for a fact if i witnessed a jedi slow down time, casually stroll foward whilst deflecting blaster bolts and then force push a rocket back into my friend's face i'd poo poo myself right there. It would make you feel even more like a badass if you made enemies actually cower.

edit: iirc in Jedi Outcast sometimes stormtroopers would flee if you killed everyone

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 23, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Storm troopers are clones of an idiot.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Don't think too hard about the Force. It's far less effort and more efficient to pinch arteries in the brain than someone's windpipe etc.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Eej posted:

Don't think too hard about the Force. It's far less effort and more efficient to pinch arteries in the brain than someone's windpipe etc.

But then they don't die suffering and knowing the full depths of their failure! You must've been a C-student at the Sith Academy :smuggo:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Anyways the entire Jedi dogma is profoundly flawed and contradictory, so might as well go do whatever I guess.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Using the force to sexually harass your colleagues is level 100 sith

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I'm at THAT FIGHT on Dathomire I got him down to 1/4 health after the cut screen and then it was just a barrage of unblockable attacks and I died in like 2 seconds

edit: block does nothing to stop damage even on normal attacks, it seems, and doing the matrix dodge doesn't get me out of range of the unblockable jump attack. Half the time seems like a dodge roll doesn't either.

FINALLY, I think I was literally just waiting for a cut screen to trigger at the end there, unending stream of unblockables with a tiny sliver of his health left. Couldn't land attacks. My split attack kept missing unless I was locked on. Ugh.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 23, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

McSpanky posted:

But then they don't die suffering and knowing the full depths of their failure! You must've been a C-student at the Sith Academy :smuggo:

Force Eye Gouge then whatever!!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

JBP posted:

On higher difficulties they will jet backward to slow themselves and start blasting you in the face with the flamethrower.

The Lone Badger posted:

You can take the elevator down from the Imperial Headquarters. Run ALL the way along the cliff to the big tower. Also there's a chest hidden up there behind the elevator.

JBP posted:

Storm troopers are clones of an idiot.

No, Clone Troopers are.

Stormtroopers are all jsut regular people who were either conscripted or enlisted in the Imperial Military. Shortly after the Republic falls and the Empire is established, they phase out the clone troopers because it stopped being economically feasible to keep producing them and they were all dying of old age as they aged at double the rate of standard humans. It also lowered unemployment and thus you could turn what would be an unemployed and hard to manage unhappy population into your strongarm enforcers who murder people for you and keep poo poo in check.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Stormtroopers are meant to be the Elite troops, with the regular people being the peeps you see in Solo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fuzz posted:

On higher difficulties they will jet backward to slow themselves and start blasting you in the face with the flamethrower.

I'm on Grandmaster and they haven't done this that I've noticed. I only really fought them post game though, maybe I'm grabbing them mid other moves and that's a fine time to do it. I usually get them when they try that stupid flamer run over your head.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seriously though, BD should stim the second you press the command. Why does there even need to be an animation of him ejecting it into the air, you catching it and using it? You can even get interrupted out of healing by a hit. It's annoying as hell.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Having like a 20% chance that you just don't use the stim was very annoying.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

AndyElusive posted:

Seriously though, BD should stim the second you press the command. Why does there even need to be an animation of him ejecting it into the air, you catching it and using it? You can even get interrupted out of healing by a hit. It's annoying as hell.

Because it's not supposed to be completely safe? Estus, Blood Vials, and Sekiro's Healing Gourd all work the same way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, that's frustrating at times but it feels like an intentional timing. Still annoying when you yell for help four times in a row then die because you keep getting stimblocked.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, that's frustrating at times but it feels like an intentional timing. Still annoying when you yell for help four times in a row then die because you keep getting stimblocked.

The game itself suggests you force slow enemies to make it safe to stim.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Because it's not supposed to be completely safe? Estus, Blood Vials, and Sekiro's Healing Gourd all work the same way.

Ah, I haven't played those games so I didn't recognize it as intentional. It just comes across as aggravating design.

Captain Hygiene posted:

:agreed:

AxeManiac posted:

I'll try that protip before stimming and getting frustrated again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

[taps side of forehead] Can't force slow enemies to be safe if you've already used up your force meter hitting them

Wait *is chopped in half by lightsaber*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Stims feel much faster than Sekiro gourds but maybe that's just the pace of the game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The more I play the more I like it. The Zelda/Metroid influence is way stronger than the Souls influence. Maps being made up of distinct puzzle rooms and all that. And the puzzles have been legit clever, not the Uncharted cake walks, a couple made me really stop and think and when I got it, the Zelda puzzle solving tune plays in my head and it's rad

I'm already looking forward to a second run on Hard to get all the ponchos and BD skins, though of the 9 I have left to find, I can't imagine any being better than "Z'Gag Wave" (the purple and black one)

Do you ever get new saber colors???

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yes but it's late into the story arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Personally rocking the Shyyyo poncho, Bestine skin on BD, and Zodiac Drifter on the Mantis. And cyan lightsaber colour. Oh yeah.

Finished the game a couple of days ago. I really like this game and hope Respawn get to do more, if they want. I also ended up spending the time to get every collectible, which is something I basically never do for games with them. It's too bad the only outfits Cal gets are different styles of poncho and five colour schemes of flight suit or whatever underneath. Playing this and gradually getting into the combat also had the side benefit of getting me interested in finally trying Sekiro (I know they're not the same). I still want to see how unforgiving Jedi Grandmaster is to play.