Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I hate that but I can't look away

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

so how come the dem establishment hates tulsi

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Super compartmentalized brain hates Tulsi, but also hates libs for hating Tulsi for the wrong reasons.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Doesn't toe the decorum line, says bad things about important fools like Hillary. The Democratic Party demands loyalty, especially if you're even a hair to the left of their center.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Uncle Wemus posted:

endorsed bernie in 2016
criticized obama
doesn't worship the dnc

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Tulsi isn't really left of anything though

Her platform, not that there's much of one, is an odd grab bag of weird takes combined with some truth. But I guess in general the vibe is "anti-establishment" without really meaning anything else, unlike for example Bernie

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Her platform, not that there's much of one, is an odd grab bag of weird takes combined with some truth. But I guess in general the vibe is "anti-establishment" without really meaning anything else, unlike for example Bernie

That's a fair assessment, to be honest. Like I don't think I have a clear picture on how she would handle something wholly novel.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1197416673680084992?s=21

ha ha WHAT

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1198010156262608896?s=19

Twitter banned this Bloomberg parody account.

But don't worry. No political ads!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

she's left of the foreign policy establishment publicly and is going heavily against the grain. the president nominally has unilateral power over the power to wage war and drop bombs on brown people. so even if tulsi doesn't share sanders' policies or sanders' conception of how you make political change, tulsi is still a [distant] #2 and better than warren who is cheerleading for war

you have to assume that even if warren is not being disingenuous with her policy proposals, she has an ~0% chance of enacting anything because she has no practical conception of how politics works or how you enact change challenging the status quo

keep in mind tulsi voted for sanctions on iran and to increase trumps' military budget and a bunch of warhawk poo poo, but she's still less warhawkish than all of the alternatives in the democratic primary other than bernie

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

tulsi says we should bomb brown people less, withdraw from syria, and stop promoting wahabi terrorism with the saudi government

that's basically enough for the entire liberal media to slam down on you and call you an assad toadie and russian asset

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

she likes the wrong dictators

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
the only reason tulsi is an issue at this point is dems keep the debate criteria low so their fail candidates can qualify, which inadvertently lets tulsi in.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the succlib hatred for tulsi is nothing compared to what kucinich got

there's still idiots in d&d like the weaz who to this day will spit on their own floor at the very mention of his name

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

And yet despite this is better then everyone but bernie.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/morganrsperry/status/1196512224027783168?s=21

“organizing”

“O R G A N I Z I N G”

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

It's weird how you can read the "who will do nothing to change my comfortable status quo" without it being written out for you.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1197981850427428866
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1197983247021596674

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

Kamala wasn't correcting herself there

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrFlibble posted:

It's weird how you can read the "who will do nothing to change my comfortable status quo" without it being written out for you.

even better, she’s a warren campaign staffer

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
:tastykake:

Rodatose has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Jul 5, 2020

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

I will always hate that I voted for HRC >:[

I'm a proud La Riva voter.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

quote:

“Lindsey is about to go down in a way that I think he’s going to regret his whole life,” Joe Biden said on CNN. Asked by host Don Lemon what he would say to his longtime Senate colleague, Biden responded, “I say: ‘Lindsey, I just — I’m just embarrassed by what you’re doing, for you. I mean, my Lord.’”

“I am disappointed, and quite frankly I’m angered, by the fact — he knows me, he knows my son. He knows there’s nothing to this,” Biden said.

Mr. "Republicans are good people" is about to have his son poo poo on by his esteemed colleagues on the other side of the aisle during the Senate impeachment hearings and it's going to be awesome.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wamsutta posted:

its okay, just think of it as the final chapter of democrats taking your votes for granted forever

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i don't think im going to be sad when he dies anymore

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wamsutta posted:

Same.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wamsutta posted:

i didn't :c00lbutt:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

temple posted:

the only reason tulsi is an issue at this point is dems keep the debate criteria low so their fail candidates can qualify, which inadvertently lets tulsi in.

And yet even so she only got into this one because hillary picked a fight with her which raised her profile back up.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm a proud La Riva voter.

:hfive:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
destroy all non-bernie's

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1198159845423243264?s=20

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Part of Warren’s Meme Team

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

We will show just how well Warren can meme

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

I mean this is probably one of the less controversial opinions powercrazy has ever put forth

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ the libs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

i don't think im going to be sad when he dies anymore

It's pretty sad given how Takei and his whole family was locked up in Japanese-american internment camps during WWII.

He supports the centrist wing of the Dems which were Ok with Obama doing gotta catch them tactics against latino immigrants.

Also

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1197346362435756032

etalian has issued a correction as of 13:38 on Nov 23, 2019

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
At this point Trump and his supporters seem to care less about those chants that decorum-obsessed succ dems. It is truly mind-boggling.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Paladinus posted:

At this point Trump and his supporters seem to care less about those chants that decorum-obsessed succ dems. It is truly mind-boggling.

lmao how people like Biden still believe in converting republicans by being nice to them and :decorum:

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

etalian posted:

It's pretty sad given how Takei and his whole family was locked up in Japanese-american internment camps during WWII.

He supports the centrist wing of the Dems which were Ok with Obama doing gotta catch them tactics against latino immigrants.

Also

Trump's a traitorous russian asset that's stealing tax dollars for his lovely family left and right! No we don't want to punish him, that would be uncouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

etalian posted:

Also

:decorum:
Dems would rather decorum themselves into irrelevance than call a spade a spade