Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Fagner

https://twitter.com/PeruWaltz/status/1171653092703686658?s=19

Weaponized Cum fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Libertadores final just got moved to Lima.

At least it isn’t Madrid or Miami :shrug:

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Anybody watching the Sudamericana final? It looks like it's being player in Santa Fe instead of Asuncion.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I am watching it and conmebol seems to have some lovely luck with finals

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Should come back to first half of the year with Libertadores and the second with Sudamericana like the gods intended.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Lol colón

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Flamengo really haven’t shown up for this. I haven’t seen them get out of their own half.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Flamengo are frustratingly poo poo every time they get near the goal

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I did not expect that goal lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I know that Gabigol is good for Flamengo but I’m lolling at the idea of him rescuing his side in a big cup final.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Lmao

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Fucken hell :bernin:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I know that Gabigol is good for Flamengo but I’m lolling at the idea of him rescuing his side in a big cup final.

Even bigger lol at him rescuing and then winning his team a big cup final

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

The lols keep coming

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
why did he get sent off op

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
perfect ending, gently caress off river

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I’m glad I only caught the last 15 or so minutes! What a 15 minutes it was!

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

poo poo Farm posted:

why did he get sent off op

Supposedly he bitched out Jorge Jesus

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Evil won and Brazilian football is officially as compelling as La Liga. We are all doomed and I'll only be following volleyball from now on.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Dias posted:

Evil won and Brazilian football is officially as compelling as La Liga. We are all doomed and I'll only be following volleyball from now on.

Dark times, indeed

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

wasn't gabigol supposed to be a big fraud?

Also there goes that old superstition then

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

joepinetree posted:

Dark times, indeed

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

wasn't gabigol supposed to be a big fraud?

Also there goes that old superstition then

He’s been good this year in the three or four Flamengo games I’ve managed to catch. I hear he’s actually great in the Brazilian league and obviously in the Libertadores as well.

He’s just a fraud in Europe.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Flamengo/status/1198359484923568135?s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Haha what the gently caress is going on?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I love you Internet
https://twitter.com/EneEquis_/status/1198390862499241989

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I mean, it's not just that I personally hate flamengo. It's also the fact that perhaps the one saving grace of south american soccer in general, and Brazilian soccer in particular, was that there was some level of parity that led to interesting leagues.

I don't think a lot of people have paid attention to how the TV deals in Brazil have changed in recent years. Because of the way that the contracts have been established, Flamengo and Corinthians will now be awash in cash forever. Pay per view and the advertising signs around the field are now negotiated separately. Flamengo received 179 million reais last year. The expectation is that this year they will received 350. Last year, my favorite team received 108 million. This year, even if they had been champions, they would have received 100 million.

Flamengo's revenue for this year should reach 1 billion reais (a little under 250 million dollars). The last time clubs published their balances, flamengo was some 200 million reais ahead of Palmeiras in revenue (in September, prior to winning libertadores and likely the Brasileirao).

For the foreseeable future, flamento will be making about 1/3 more than the closest Brazilian team, and over twice as much as the closest south american team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I had no idea that Brazil went the way of Spain. Do the teams negotiate tv deals individually or do the big teams just get a bigger piece forever now?

As for on the pitch advertising I’m fairly sure that’s how it works in all of Europe, especially when teams own their own stadiums. Whether that’s good is up for debate (it isn’t good).

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I had no idea that Brazil went the way of Spain. Do the teams negotiate tv deals individually or do the big teams just get a bigger piece forever now?

As for on the pitch advertising I’m fairly sure that’s how it works in all of Europe, especially when teams own their own stadiums. Whether that’s good is up for debate (it isn’t good).

For most of its history, the bigger clubs negotiated collectively in a way that benefited the teams from Rio and Sao Paulo but not overtly so. A few years ago they switched to individual negotiations, and while they were more skewed towards teams like Flamengo, it included pay per and pitch advertising in the deal. Now, they've created a new formula that at first sight would have been more fair. It divides up network tv money in a way that a part of it is based on your position in the league, and part of it on your viewership. But it also split pay per view and pitch advertising from the rest of the deal.

Edit:
Rumor in Brazil is that Reinier is going to PSG and Flamengo is getting Neymar on loan in return

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 24, 2019

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It's honestly such dogshit and the writing has been on the wall for awhile. The bigger Rio and São Paulo clubs have always had this sort of preferential treatment because they have such big viewership and they have so much history. Corinthians alone has gotten away with heinous poo poo between MSI and Arena Corinthians.

joe is absolutely right, though. What made campeonato brasileiro so enjoyable was a club could win the league and then get relegated next season. It was exciting and, while they didn't have really great odds of winning the league, newly promoted sides weren't always completely miserable like Derby County.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

joepinetree posted:

For most of its history, the bigger clubs negotiated collectively in a way that benefited the teams from Rio and Sao Paulo but not overtly so. A few years ago they switched to individual negotiations, and while they were more skewed towards teams like Flamengo, it included pay per and pitch advertising in the deal. Now, they've created a new formula that at first sight would have been more fair. It divides up network tv money in a way that a part of it is based on your position in the league, and part of it on your viewership. But it also split pay per view and pitch advertising from the rest of the deal.

Edit:
Rumor in Brazil is that Reinier is going to PSG and Flamengo is getting Neymar on loan in return

I have the impression that every hatchet man would have it in for Neymar if he went back to Brazil

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I have the impression that every hatchet man would have it in for Neymar if he went back to Brazil

If the last time he played in Brazil is any indication, he's gonna be protected to such an absurd extent that no one is going to be willing to come near him

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I just watched the 2nd half of the CONCACAF League Final 2nd leg between Motagua and Saprissa, and hell, it was terrible, and also Saprissa won the tie.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

loving Motagua wouldn't score even if the ref gave a week of stoppage time. Thanks for nothing you useless shits.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

trem_two posted:

I just watched the 2nd half of the CONCACAF League Final 2nd leg between Motagua and Saprissa, and hell, it was terrible, and also Saprissa won the tie.

you're a masochist

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Ah yes... Montagua....

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

So due to the social situation in Chile, there was a lot of doubt about how to finish the football calendar. After weeks of debate and such, today they finally decided to finish the tournament as is, without promotions or relegations. On one hand they saved one of the big teams, la U, from an embarrassing relegation, and on the other hand they transformed the primera B into 27 rounds of friendlies.

They took just about the stupidest option presented to them, which is always to be expected.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Frankly, they should all just kill each other and free the world from Chileans

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Well, at least Cruzeiro was relegated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

joepinetree posted:

Well, at least Cruzeiro was relegated

Grande dia.

Well, here's hoping Flamengo didn't break Brazilian football for good.