Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Archonex posted:

Also, sorry about DCing Ezekiel. Internet got knocked out for some reason. It's still crappy so I can't get back on.

You're fine dude. My whole game crashed actually. And I had errands to run so it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Archonex posted:

Personally i'm of the opinion that Scorpions are kind of overrated. Once you get some real heavy hitters that AOE attack doesn't look nearly as good given that it comes at the cost of only having one large, slow moving troop on the field that can easily be taken out with the right tactics or equipment.
Fortunately in most of the XTREME, invasion and crack pve missions (the ones you'll be wanting to do every day) those right units to kill them aren't there most of the time. And it's nearly a hard mandatory requirement to have at least one to block battering rams if you're pugging Rebel Fortress since a lot of people are still learning how to destroy walls.

The only one a scorpion is actually bad in is the worm XTREME.

Shooting a scorpion smash down the line in Kaedes or Fortress does 3-7 million damage. It also can really speed up defense invasions.

Everyone should work on having at least one of each of the following at max level and 3 star to take to the various extreme and invasion missions:
Archer/Bowmen/Axe Thrower of some sort. Axethrower might need 4* for increased range to work well on Rebel Fortress which is where they are for.
Slaughterer (maybe 2 of these)
Scorpion
Anima Wizard
Mortarmen
Icemancer (2 of these not bad either, but scorpion + icemancer is probably better when you might want to take 2)

Kylra fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 25, 2019

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I read that, and I'm sure it's true and everything and to not follow that advice is to hold back my team or whatever. But I also really like my spearmen so I'll probably be packing spears regardless.

Slaughterer/scorpion is a fun and super-effective meme build but I also don't like it that much and would prefer to not use either. I really don't like scorpion specifically.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Archonex posted:

Personally i'm of the opinion that Scorpions are kind of overrated. Once you get some real heavy hitters that AOE attack doesn't look nearly as good given that it comes at the cost of only having one large, slow moving troop on the field that can easily be taken out with the right tactics or equipment.

These seem like solid arguments, however they fail to address my desire to have an absolutely giant Scorpion slaughter my enemies.

It's very important to me.

Thanks for the detail on when they become usable.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Spears are still good, but they aren't currently the serious mission counter units unlike the ones I listed. As long as you can also kill stuff well with your hero, you can use all spears on everything without it potentially being a drag except pugging rebel fortress and invasion defense. Rebel fortress because there's a lot of people that don't know how to destroy walls and you want every edge possible lest you increase the risk of repeatedly wasting 20-40 minutes of 8 people's time including your own, so you want to take bowman, mortar and maybe scorp in place of one of the other two to block rams. Invasion defense because someone needs to shoot down the dozens of blimps and giant blob monsters at some point, and if nobody is a ranger some unit has to do that for you or you're probably at minimum going to get really annoyed by the constant bombardment.

Worm may also be a problem map for spears since it moves a lot, but it also doesn't get knocked back and I'm not sure how that works with spears currently. Worm will also toss them halfway across the map sometimes too.

Kaedes is very spear friendly, and tactical invasion is too via some methods.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 25, 2019

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

reading some of the advice above, should I just be taking blue units at 3* and hoping to eventually replace them with a purple of the same? idk how deep to invest in blues.

also what time do dailies/login bonuses reset each day? it seemed pretty late in the day but i didn't pinpoint when and don't think i saw it listed in game.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

3* blue is roughly what I would consider baseline since the costs skyrocket from there. There's some units that have really good 4 or 5* abilities that are probably worth the investment. Others are more frontloaded and 3* is fine.

Purple troops are currently pretty hard to get, even if you run everything short people, and cost even more gold to upgrade. I see about one per 10 extremes, and one per 20 or so invasions. Which is why I like doing those with as few people as possible. But once you get one you can grind them into dedication gacha boxes to get different ones. Which is kind of ugh but at least I'm guessing you can reroll the special purples like Ferocious Longswordsmen out of it by dedicating purples you don't care for.

Reset is 1am est.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 25, 2019

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I swore I'd never play another MMO again. Does this count as me breaking my vows? :shobon: This game is a lot of fun and I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I am. Who new that World of Tanks + Total War/Rommance of the Three Kingdoms is what I needed.

Crafted the first blue set of gear and it was an immense upgrade without too much gold/time investment required. I had all the mats before hitting level 19.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Kylra posted:

Fortunately in most of the XTREME, invasion and crack pve missions (the ones you'll be wanting to do every day) those right units to kill them aren't there most of the time. And it's nearly a hard mandatory requirement to have at least one to block battering rams if you're pugging Rebel Fortress since a lot of people are still learning how to destroy walls.

The only one a scorpion is actually bad in is the worm XTREME.

Shooting a scorpion smash down the line in Kaedes or Fortress does 3-7 million damage. It also can really speed up defense invasions.

Everyone should work on having at least one of each of the following at max level and 3 star to take to the various extreme and invasion missions:
Archer/Bowmen/Axe Thrower of some sort. Axethrower might need 4* for increased range to work well on Rebel Fortress which is where they are for.
Scorpion
Anima Wizard
Mortarmen
Icemancer (2 of these not bad either, but scorpion + icemancer is probably better when you might want to take 2)

These are all excellent counter points and I retract my opinion given them. I had no idea that the current end game content had no counters for scorpions barring that one mission.

They'll probably change that later with more updates but until then I guess i'm riding the scorpion meme train.

Stanley Pain posted:

I swore I'd never play another MMO again. Does this count as me breaking my vows? :shobon: This game is a lot of fun and I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I am. Who new that World of Tanks + Total War/Rommance of the Three Kingdoms is what I needed.

Crafted the first blue set of gear and it was an immense upgrade without too much gold/time investment required. I had all the mats before hitting level 19.

If you disassemble everything you get (Gear isn't worth much sale wise usually.) you absolutely can get full blues at 19. What's more, running with Ezekiel last night revealed that level 20-23 lets you obtain some rather insanely powerful blues from the army battle missions if you run them on hard. My blue items I crafted were being beaten out by hundreds of stat points when comparing the crafted blues.

And when I say obtain I mean i'm glad I had premium because I got like 5-9 at most blue gear drops per mission. I was having to pause between every mission to disassemble extra gear since I was running out of space. So I probably made back a fair bit of gear.

A lot of it had something called "God's Blessing" on it too. Which I assume mean it offered extra stats given that it came with a middling to large + number on it. So it seems that doing hards is well worth it later on when leveling if you can handle it solo or have a buddy. Still trying to figure out exactly what "God's Blessing" is though, since I haven't hit a tutorial for it yet.

Also, the gear in hard missions is always slightly superior to what would drop in normal despite having the same name as the normal gear and the same color category. So if you're the type that obsessively min maxes that's something to consider. Not really a factor when leveling but it might make some of the more tedious field areas slightly less obnoxious.

Edit: Also, PrincessCarolyn is accepted.

Also also, I just discovered that you can order troops to attack-move, set movement waypoints and routes with multiple "stops", and defend-move at a location to order a unit to move somewhere and block enemies from advancing. This makes the game so much easier, and I feel like a dope for not checking the help menu on how to do these things sooner.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 25, 2019

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Does the field poo poo ever end? I'm only level 10 but man is this part boring.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Archonex posted:

These are all excellent counter points and I retract my opinion given them. I had no idea that the current end game content had no counters for scorpions barring that one mission.

They'll probably change that later with more updates but until then I guess i'm riding the scorpion meme train.
The swamp mammoths in Kaedes (or Tactical Invasion if you get them) or the organ artillery in Rebel Fortress can kill them quickly, but the former is easy to avoid for the relatively small time the mammoths are alive and the latter should not be an issue if you're blocking rams like you probably should be doing. 192% worth bringing to Kaedes and Rebel Fortress even if they contain potential scorpion killer segments.

A few other things like the big spear boss guys in cracks or invasions or the numerous blimps in Invasion Defense will kill them eventually if you aren't doing things about that, but it's not a big deal or difficult to work through. They're more ok tier in cracks, but they're good for speeding up Invasion Defense.

Archonex posted:

A lot of it had something called "God's Blessing" on it too. Which I assume mean it offered extra stats given that it came with a middling to large + number on it. So it seems that doing hards is well worth it later on when leveling if you can handle it solo or have a buddy. Still trying to figure out exactly what "God's Blessing" is though, since I haven't hit a tutorial for it yet.
Crack, Invasion and Extreme missions all have a minimum God's Blessing amount required or you get a -30% attack/defense and -50% recovery penalty. If you have 700+ish you get a 20% or something bonus in those missions.

All the blues you're getting are junk and I wouldn't worry about farming them. You want to get into farming invasions for darkstones and extremes for keen/lethal sets to get into purple level 30 gear and 700-800+ blessing sooner rather than later.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 25, 2019

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Diephoon posted:

End game is all bigger battle missions and 0 wowquesting field stuff.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

This game went from 51% positive reviews to (as of today) 77% on Steam. That's a pretty kick-rear end boost in popularity. There's also a shitton of new players these days. Hopefully this prompts them to do a re-translation (it won't).

They put up a video a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWn5r6foATY

They did it to address some common player questions. Hopefully this kinda community outreach poo poo keeps up.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Diephoon posted:

Press F to pay respects complete.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The field stuff goes fast at least. It's bad but it isn't like old school low droprates and high TTK. Could've done without it either way.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Applied to the guild as Ishom. This game is really fun! I fiddled with Conqueror's Blade a while ago and liked the format, but this game is more engaging for some reason.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Stop saying this is good I don’t have time to piss away on another half baked foreign mmo.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I think my main complaints are

1. End bosses have too much hp by a little bit, it's rather boring to wail on them for a little bit. For the most part it's not too bad, I think the worst offender is the Crack mission where you redo the defend the wall and you need to kill 3 3m hp armoured scorpions that take very little damage unless you hit them directly in the front or rear. Dunno if I just need better rifleman/executioners or something.

2. Drop rates for the Extreme/Tactical stuff is pretty terrible, since it's a standard need/greed system but the guaranteed self-rewards are trash so you pretty much need to win the rolls. It's also the only source of purple troops, and I've seen one so far out of like 5-6 days of dailies.

3. The gold economy at the end is pretty bad since you're out of quest gold, and the only consistent ways to earn gold killing stuff is doing cracks (~15-16k a run) and dailies (limited to 5-7 per day). It takes a lot of gold to rank and skill up troops.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cracks get you more gold for your time than leveling up. I think people are just upset about the grind being for gold rather than, like, tokens or something.

Also, enjoy the combat! it's the best part! Secret to killing scorpions is having slaughterers and healers. Rifles are good at killing normal heroes, not bosses.

e: Applied for GOON on my gunslinger Laurentius. My main is a Ranger who joined the fancy good guys instead of the punk rock dudes.

jokes fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 25, 2019

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Normal scorpions are fine, it's the just the specific armoured scorpions in that mission that are especially annoying.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Comrayn posted:

Stop saying this is good I don’t have time to piss away on another half baked foreign mmo.

:justpost:

You know you wanna.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

RoyalScion posted:

I think my main complaints are

1. End bosses have too much hp by a little bit, it's rather boring to wail on them for a little bit. For the most part it's not too bad, I think the worst offender is the Crack mission where you redo the defend the wall and you need to kill 3 3m hp armoured scorpions that take very little damage unless you hit them directly in the front or rear. Dunno if I just need better rifleman/executioners or something.

2. Drop rates for the Extreme/Tactical stuff is pretty terrible, since it's a standard need/greed system but the guaranteed self-rewards are trash so you pretty much need to win the rolls. It's also the only source of purple troops, and I've seen one so far out of like 5-6 days of dailies.

3. The gold economy at the end is pretty bad since you're out of quest gold, and the only consistent ways to earn gold killing stuff is doing cracks (~15-16k a run) and dailies (limited to 5-7 per day). It takes a lot of gold to rank and skill up troops.

Is there a way to trigger the gold dropping mobs like Treasure Goblins/related bonus loot on subjugations? Or is it random chance? Because i've gotten ridiculous amounts of gold from them. Even the first one can give a fairly huge amount of gold if the treasure goblin shows up. The problem is that I have no idea how to get it to spawn regularly.

Also, having just fought a boss Scorpion that is way over powered for it's level (That motherfucking Scorpion Captain. :argh:) and had absurd amounts of HP i'd try using one of the earlier tactics i've discovered to bypass the issue of needing to just wail on higher tier bosses for a bit.

Bring units and skills with defense penetration and/or high single target damage just for starters. If you have any elementalists on your team (or are one), delegate a unit for boss slaying duty ahead of time and coordinate your penetration buffs on them. Slaughterer's are a very a good unit for this if you don't have a purp since they have damage on top of a ton of crit rate, crit attack, and attack speed boosting passives and skills.

Elementalists (Not sure if other classes have this skill, but if so it'll work on them too.) have a skill that can give 2000+ defense penetration to a unit. That's enough to nullify or outright halve the defensive capabilities of at least every enemy pre-end game that i've seen so far. Even ridiculously tough gimmick bosses like the undead tower lose most of their defense with that much defense penetration. On larger enemies like scorpions it outright just destroys them when slaughterers come into contact with them since many smaller units can apply their damage to a single larger unit very easily.

Haven't hit the end game bosses yet but every time i've hit some high HP unit (be it with a gimmick or just because it's supposed to be that tough) giving a high damage unit like that defense penetration (If you check out the list of units currently in you'll see that most of them have anywhere from none to only a very small amount of it by default.) it's outright bypassed the fight. Heck, when it came to that Scorpion Captain it went from 30-50% HP left and all my units all but dead to literally dying in less than 5 seconds once I triggered all the slaughterer's buffs and the defense penetration buff. They straight up soloed it so fast that I didn't even know what was happening at first.

TL;DR: Defense penetration is an insanely useful stat for killing high HP and high def stuff and there's probably a reason why most DPS focused units don't naturally have it go up when leveling them. Also, you're definitely not supposed to just be wailing on enemies like that. There's both statistical and unit based counters for enemies like that.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 25, 2019

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I'm already using executioners which have very high armor pen, it's just a big slog since there's some pretty severe locational based damage reduction on those specific scorpions. On regular stuff it isn't a problem. Regular scorpions are weak to fire anyways so I just roast them with my flamethrowers.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Kylra posted:

Scorpion
Anima Wizard
Mortarmen

are there more troop coin vendors later with different variety than Accolade, or do i have to get some of these from selector chests/drops? i'm using my early troop coins to try and fill out this list but some aren't sold in Accolade.

also what do you guys like to use troop coins on after you stop buying troops themselves? just materials to star up the ones you want to work on?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

are there more troop coin vendors later with different variety than Accolade, or do i have to get some of these from selector chests/drops? i'm using my early troop coins to try and fill out this list but some aren't sold in Accolade.

also what do you guys like to use troop coins on after you stop buying troops themselves? just materials to star up the ones you want to work on?
There are no other troop coin based vendors. You get blue selector boxes that has stuff not at the vendor as mission drops from Steel Plains plus a few other places. You get straight up books you can't get from either of those from subjugations (blue), invasions (purple) and extremes (purple). You can dedicate 5* blue troops or 3-5* purple troops for gacha boxes of the same rarity. The 5* purple boxes are "tier 3" boxes, whatever that means, but I suspect you get the special purple units from those.

There's also purple arsonists for pvp coins, which you need 5 days of to get.

There's also purple selector boxes for 28 days of logging in.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 26, 2019

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Is PVP match making busted at the moment? Any attempt to queue leads to nothing happening via the gate in Accolade. Changing tabs leads to the button being greyed out when I change back.

What's more, from the moment I log on it always says that pvp match making is in progress. This is despite the fact that I am not match making.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Are you level 30? If not, you have to be level 30.

It's working for me. I am doing it right now.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Kylra posted:

Are you level 30? If not, you have to be level 30.

It's working for me. I am doing it right now.

Strange. When I tried to enter via the gate it before I hit the 20's it said I had to be somewhere around 21. Also, I got the quest to engage in PVP around the 20's.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 26, 2019

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Ok I watched the class preview videos in the OP and the KMMO anime pervert vibe is strong enough to invoke my better judgment and not impulse buy this. Having to listen to anime girl yells constantly doesn't seem great either.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Ah but there's the trick, just play as one of the glorious meatmen instead.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Comrayn posted:

Ok I watched the class preview videos in the OP and the KMMO anime pervert vibe is strong enough to invoke my better judgment and not impulse buy this. Having to listen to anime girl yells constantly doesn't seem great either.

Foolish. The meatmaster general and the boy band gun man are fantastic and fun, though berserker is the worst in my opinion. People seem to really dig him.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Also I applied for GOON as XavierM

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

jokes posted:

Foolish. The meatmaster general and the boy band gun man are fantastic and fun, though berserker is the worst in my opinion. People seem to really dig him.

Sorry, can't hear you over my 40k damage crits from stabbing a dude into the ground.

Comrayn posted:

Also, there is an audio option to just mute your character's combat walla and nothing else. Surprisingly nice.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

The worst part of this game is obtaining subjugation units. I’m debating just grabbing the Purple Red Mane archers from my chest.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hy_C posted:

The worst part of this game is obtaining subjugation units. I’m debating just grabbing the Purple Red Mane archers from my chest.

Are those archers good ? I snagged them out of my purple chest because they looked cool.

264k gold to get them to rank 3 though.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I saw another purple troop drop in a tactical battle and naturally didn’t win it :negative:.

Also apparently the crack shard vendor doesn’t sell arsonist purple stones so I have 0 idea where to get them right now.

Continuing with my bad decisions I bought the boxes from the lucky vendor and was rewarded with a bunch of mats and currency that seem to have no use currently.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

RoyalScion posted:

I saw another purple troop drop in a tactical battle and naturally didn’t win it :negative:.

Also apparently the crack shard vendor doesn’t sell arsonist purple stones so I have 0 idea where to get them right now.

Continuing with my bad decisions I bought the boxes from the lucky vendor and was rewarded with a bunch of mats and currency that seem to have no use currently.

Are you lvl 30? Once you hit lvl 28, you need a ton of materials to craft your gear. Then lvl 30 requires even MORE materials.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
All that stuff uses topazes and iron etc just more of them. As far as I can tell these mats aren’t use anywhere right now so I wonder if they’re a holdover from older versions.

Like I have heroic troop coins which are purple troop coins but I don’t think there’s a vendor for them yet.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

RoyalScion posted:

All that stuff uses topazes and iron etc just more of them. As far as I can tell these mats aren’t use anywhere right now so I wonder if they’re a holdover from older versions.

Like I have heroic troop coins which are purple troop coins but I don’t think there’s a vendor for them yet.

Thought I heard someone mention that they do have a use. Just can't remember where it was. They might have been talking out their rear end however.

Regardless, if they're not in then the next content update will probably add a use for them in. Someone earlier in the thread that they're working on adding like 45 new units to the game.

The forum also has an official announcement that they're currently working on adding in the KUF xbox era paladin and the at least one of the types of vampires as playable classes. So maybe they'll come with that? There's certainly room for more vendors next to the current troop coin vendors. I think both Accolade and Sunstruk have at least one or two NPC's next to them that don't really have a purpose at the moment. :shrug:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

RoyalScion posted:

Arena coins.