Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hard to get penalized when there is nobody covering the middle of the field

:hmmyes:

Packers will jump right on up that list if they add a penalty for having no one within 5 yards of the eligible receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BGrifter posted:

To be fair those numbers are skewed by having to play the dirtiest team in football, the Detroit Lions, twice a year.

Fortunately the refs are here to ensure the Lions misdeeds are appropriately punished. Detroit should probably stop breaking so many rules if they ever want to compete though.

:agreed:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gaj70 posted:

So, your theory is there is an NFL-wide conspiracy in favor of the Pack?

thats completely ridiculous we can all agree that its significantly more likely that the packers have been able to find 52 guys who are good at drawing penalties every year for nine straight years. that's a real skill. its definitely real.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

rabidsquid posted:

thats completely ridiculous we can all agree that its significantly more likely that the packers have been able to find 52 guys who are good at drawing penalties every year for nine straight years. that's a real skill. its definitely real.

remember when TJ Lang straight up said the holds he got away with in Green Bay got flagged in Detroit

good times

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

rabidsquid posted:

I know your being ironic but this is actually much more possible.

It’s also much more possible the refs just can’t see green and yellow

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I love the idea of a powerful league wide conspiracy ensuring the Packers win but only ever during the regular season. The moment the playoffs start the Illuminati get distracted and move on to other things.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BGrifter posted:

I love the idea of a powerful league wide conspiracy ensuring the Packers win but only ever during the regular season. The moment the playoffs start the Illuminati get distracted and move on to other things.

Much easier to plug your ears when you phrase it that way, yeah?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BGrifter posted:

People don’t care about the playoffs, it’s all about that week twelve matchup

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, if the packers dont win the super bowl every year it is FAR more likely they have secret scouts who know how to acquire players who are good at drawing penalties but only when they play for the packers

the idea that theres a league wide conspiracy is loving ridiculous. guys being good at drawing penalties when they wear one particular jersey is not remotely ridiculous

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Rigged league in favor of the 35/68th largest media market

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

since you put it that way im a little surprised the packers could ever benefit from anything

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Let's stop this bickering and remember better times

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Rigged league in favor of the 35/68th largest media market

They have the 4th largest nationwide fanbase

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

People love to root for the underdog with all those teams cheating against the Green Bay Packers.

It’s really troubling that we aren’t discussing how the Packers are the most-wronged team in the NFL on 3rd and 5+.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BGrifter posted:

People love to root for the underdog with all those teams cheating against the Green Bay Packers.

It’s really troubling that we aren’t discussing how the Packers are the most-wronged team in the NFL on 3rd and 5+.

Truth.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I think Joe Buck is involved.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

rabidsquid posted:

the idea that theres a league wide conspiracy is loving ridiculous. guys being good at drawing penalties when they wear one particular jersey is not remotely ridiculous

The refs have yet to turn over any pass interference challenges. They are pretty much giving the owners that voted the rule in a middle fingee. I dont think its too far fetched for there to be a little influence on games. Kinda like the Pats benefitting from two tripping calls.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ZombieCrew posted:

The refs have yet to turn over any pass interference challenges.

This isn't true.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
How loving bad are the Packers that they can't win more than one championship with that much ref help. Yikes. NFL setting up the Packers and Pats to have been dueling dynasties but Green Bay couldn't loving keep up.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That's impressive

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

nerve posted:

How loving bad are the Packers that they can't win more than one championship with that much ref help. Yikes. NFL setting up the Packers and Pats to have been dueling dynasties but Green Bay couldn't loving keep up.

Yeah did you see how hard they tried to force Packers-Pats in 2014? And they still couldn't do it.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They have the 4th largest nationwide fanbase cult

I've met some superstitious fans of other teams. None will surpass the packer fans who refuse to wear jerseys that they once wore and the packers lost, or "mom get back in the bathroom, the packers need this drive!"

Also the idiot's who buy worthles stock in the packers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ZombieCrew posted:

The refs have yet to turn over any pass interference challenges. They are pretty much giving the owners that voted the rule in a middle fingee. I dont think its too far fetched for there to be a little influence on games. Kinda like the Pats benefitting from two tripping calls.

i was being very facetious. and yes the pass interference challenge rate is like 2 out of the last 33 since week 4. also i am a lions fan and their record versus the refs is pretty bad, im aware of how well that squad has been built

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the only time i have ever seen the packers bailed out by the refs was the uncalled safety on Samkon Gado in 2005 against detroit

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Quabzor posted:

Also the idiot's who buy worthles stock in the packers.

Looks like you're very angry that you too cannot be the owner of a successful NFL franchise, for an amount no Packer fan would even glance twice at because Packer fans are very successful individuals.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/windytub/status/1199344465862774784

The good ol days :allears:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Packer fans are fatter than this surely?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This isn't true.

Yep, you are right. Sorry.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol at the full Q level conspiracy meltdown ITT

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

Packer fans are fatter than this surely?

4th largest fanbase by population.

Number 1 largest fanbase by mass.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I wish there was a league wide conspiracy in favor of the Packers. poo poo, Rodgers might have 4 or 5 rings by now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Fenrir posted:

I wish there was a league wide conspiracy in favor of the Packers. poo poo, Rodgers might have 4 or 5 rings by now.

Alternatively, there is, and he still only managed one.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I for one think it's hilarious that Rodgers is so bad he gets blessed by favorable calls for 10 years because the refs feel sorry for him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LabyaMynora posted:

4th largest fanbase by population.

Number 1 largest fanbase by mass.

Wisconsin is fat and it's gotten fatter since the 80s when it was one of the fastest states but the rest of the country got into gear and it's not even top 20 fattest now despite being by far the fattest it's ever been

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Alternatively, there is, and he still only managed one.

Almost as if he's by the numbers an Andy Dalton or Kirk cousins level quarterback...

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Raku posted:

Almost as if he's by the numbers an Andy Dalton or Kirk cousins level quarterback...

When did Dalton or Cousins ever win a Super Bowl?

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

ZombieCrew posted:

Instant replay is a failed experiment. They should abandon it altogether to speed up the pace of play.

:colbert:

Incorrect calls are part of all sports. If nothing else, they are something for the loosing side to complain about on Monday.... more fun then yet another rant about their current QB/coach.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH0tWM4H0h8

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

the only time i have ever seen the packers bailed out by the refs was the uncalled safety on Samkon Gado in 2005 against detroit

like this was legit one of the most bullshit calls ive ever seen and im surprised it doesn't come up ITT all the time if we're gonna do ref conspiracies

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
the green bay slackers lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Bip Roberts posted:

Wisconsin is fat and it's gotten fatter since the 80s when it was one of the fastest states but the rest of the country got into gear and it's not even top 20 fattest now despite being by far the fattest it's ever been

Haha how can this be a true statement? Smh