Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ansith posted:

Got rid of my base model 2006 BF Falcon ute today and replaced it with this 2012 FG MkII Falcon XR6 turbo ute

120k on it, an ex business fleet vehicle (sadly) but full service history and in pretty good condition mechanically. Paint isn't great but it was cheaper due to that. It's already had the mandatory falcon ute differential replacement, so that saves me from doing it like I did with the last one. Since I got it from a dealer, they had to fix a few things which was good (I got about 1300 worth of serving done, no added cost) but new tyres were part of the deal - as expected cheapest chinese tyres they could get me.

Got a surprise when I threw it into reverse and saw a reverse camera on the screen. It isn't a factory option on a ute but with a loom and a camera you can add it to function the same as a sedan.

Going from a BF to an FG is a whole new world. Absolutely love it. This is the most powerful car I've owned now too, I really hope I don't lose my license with how effortlessly it exceeds the speed limit.

Is that the stock wheel fitment in the rear? It looks like it's supposed to have a staggered set but someone put on a set of four fronts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunksNensja
Sep 29, 2004

When in doubt, power it out.

Ansith posted:

Got rid of my base model 2006 BF Falcon ute today and replaced it with this 2012 FG MkII Falcon XR6 turbo ute

:australia: sup FG2 broski
Long live boostyutes

Raluek posted:

Is that the stock wheel fitment in the rear? It looks like it's supposed to have a staggered set but someone put on a set of four fronts.

Yes that is factory garbage fitment but those rear tubs can handle a 10 and a half inch tyre with ease.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ChunksNensja posted:

Yes that is factory garbage fitment but those rear tubs can handle a 10 and a half inch tyre with ease.
Long time no see. Did you get rid of the Tickford AU ute you had?

You can make the rear wheel wells bigger by someone slamming you up the arse. So many AU to FGX Utes with some rear end damage and it always flares out at the wheel arches.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

It's designed so the tire can go up into the wheel well when you've got your fat mates in the back.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

ChunksNensja posted:

:australia: sup FG2 broski
Long live boostyutes

Now that is a nice ute. I think yours goes a bit quicker than mine :v:

You must have one of the only FPV utes in existance without a hardcover over your tray. I actually turned down a better optioned ute because it had one, makes using the tray for anything big difficult.

Raluek posted:

Yep, factory which is really strange because my old ute looked fine. I'm not sure why Ford decided to go this way for the FG, they use a very similar diff, so it's all in the extra flare in the panel.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Walking out of the garage i caught sight of this.

That has to be one of the most beautiful hoods of any car ever. The way it starts so smooth and featureless and slowly builds to an almost art deco front end.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Powershift posted:

Walking out of the garage i caught sight of this.

That has to be one of the most beautiful hoods of any car ever. The way it starts so smooth and featureless and slowly builds to an almost art deco front end.

If you're not already familiar, you might enjoy this music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=498zUzNGQxY

IMO the song is cool too.

ChunksNensja
Sep 29, 2004

When in doubt, power it out.

You Am I posted:

Long time no see. Did you get rid of the Tickford AU ute you had?

You can make the rear wheel wells bigger by someone slamming you up the arse. So many AU to FGX Utes with some rear end damage and it always flares out at the wheel arches.
Sadly no. Its the one car I will always miss now.

Ansith posted:

Now that is a nice ute. I think yours goes a bit quicker than mine :v:

You must have one of the only FPV utes in existance without a hardcover over your tray. I actually turned down a better optioned ute because it had one, makes using the tray for anything big difficult.

I love the turbos was all set to buy an immaculate turbo ute but the sound of a supercharged 8 got me goooood,
My last one had a hardcover and it drove me nuts having to take it off all the time to fit anything in. Was also the lovely AU spec hinges so had the Russian roulette of the hinge snapping and the hardlid slamming into the back window going over the first speedhump.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Tremek posted:

If you're not already familiar, you might enjoy this music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=498zUzNGQxY

IMO the song is cool too.

I want to be mad at them for sitting on the hood, but it doesn't look like it even flexed a little. (And the Kills rule)

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Getting there. Just stay 20-30ft away :doit:

Got another set of lower control arms, gonna build a 2" drop into them, a 235ci 4spd to swap in over the winter. Should really rip next year.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

FancyMike posted:

New (used) ride. I bought a brown diesel wagon with a manual. rip to the old Mazda6 wagon on the right.

All hail peak AI.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Until someone builds a brown diesel Miata :getin:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dagen H posted:

Until someone builds a brown diesel Miata wagon :getin:

FTFY.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'll keep my zero blind spots. It's one of the joys I have driving an NA. But I see a lot of WRX wagon and Z3 in there.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

eat my shorts powershift

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's clearly a hatch, not a wagon :colbert:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Previa_fun posted:

eat my shorts powershift

lmao

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Closer. Not brown.
Would.

Previa_fun posted:

eat my shorts powershift

Closer, still not really a wagon, but possibly acceptable.

Powershift posted:

That's clearly a hatch, not a wagon :colbert:

See?

I couldn't resist:

Not so quick and very dirty. I have discovered that I really don't like paint.net - it's missing a lot of tools, like a basic skew tool, and you have to dig around for a plugin someone may or may not have made. Free, though. My Photoshop CS6 is at home (and won't work if I upgrade to macOS 10.5...)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Try photopea

I did a wagon but again it';s not brown, but i forgot where this discussion was happening

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Ty9r2BxOd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I had to repaint the hubcaps because the pink wrinkled up.

Still, i love this color. can't wait to make everything match it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Will check out Photopea.
Truck definitely needs the “Jazz” graphics now.

EDIT:
You were right, Powershift, Phototopea is way better than paint.net, especially considering its online-ness.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 2, 2019

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Last weekend with the beast on the right as I’m getting a new one Monday.

With a mighty 75hp and a 5 speed manual box it’s an interesting driving experience to be sure. Not complaining at all as it’s keeping the miles off my car big time.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Will check out Photopea.

EDIT:
You were right, Powershift, Phototopea is way better than paint.net, especially considering its online-ness.

Sexy AF.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Thanks.
I was surprised by how well it worked myself. Even brown.

edit: I would drive the *hell* out of a 3-door version of that, assuming that I could actually fit in a Miata (I can't.)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So I did a terrible thing and got a second B2 for an art trade. 1985, transmission is shot (doesn't really matter, easy fix) but the interior is nice. I might do the paint myself if we get decent weather in the summer. I was going to cannibalize this one for my 1986 but can't bring myself to.

Check out the choke control. Not sure if I want to replace it with a "real" one or maybe find one from a more badass vehicle than a mower.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Will check out Photopea.

EDIT:

A nice solid 4 on the Bristol Stool Chart.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Yeah I'm cross-posting but I'm pretty excited about this one:

Under 39,000 mile MR2 GT SW20. JDM and revision 3 means 242 hp vs weak baby 200~ hp of the US market.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And rightly so, that's gorgeous.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

It might be Stockholm syndrome from driving an old Camry so long, but I love the 90s Toyota design. That's simplicity that looks good.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Deeters posted:

It might be Stockholm syndrome from driving an old Camry so long, but I love the 90s Toyota design. That's simplicity that looks good.

Toyota (and Honda) got a lot right in the 90s era. Their switchgear of that time - turn signals in particular - have a crisp break to them even after 200,000 miles that is not unlike that of a single-action revolver in that it’s distinct, noticeable, and utterly unlike anything made today. I don’t know why all manufacturers don’t go back to an LS400’s turn signal stalk as a benchmark, because nothing today is that good.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
My current herd..

Daily/Tow Master/Road Trip Mule
2002 Ford F-250 w/7.3 Powerstroke Diesel with a few performance upgrades
I also replaced the headlight/grill/mirrors with newer style so it looks more like the 2005+ trucks.

Fun Daily/Backup when truck is being a pain/next winter's body project
1973 VW Super Bug w/rebuilt 1700 stroker engine

Current Project
1947 CJ-2A Willys w/original L-134 Go Devil engine

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Just got it today. 2016 V60 Polestar.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
oh my god i love those wheels

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

oh my god i love those wheels

Custom 20s just for Polestar models...not looking forward to the reshoeing costs

Edit: also nice username for that post.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love it. Super clean.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Oxphocker posted:

Just got it today. 2016 V60 Polestar.

Hell Yes.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Did some work on the Mini today:
- removed skid plate, hopefully temporarily
- troubleshot oil leak, suspect crank case seal
- installed new projector headlights
- installed replacement fog light housings because the old ones were thoroughly sun baked
- custom license plate!

...and took it for a rip around the county.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU97w2DH5mc

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Hell Yes.

Then you might like this...

:flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU