Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I thought Boris Johnson was supposed to be an asset for the tories? Except they’ve got two weeks of that bozo ruining things for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

haakman posted:

purely anecdotal but what the gently caress? Norwich is never going to vote Tory - I call nonsense.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Maybe when you see a projection that contains multiple extremely improbable swings it's smarter to conclude that the polling is garbage rather than just blindly trust in the proclamations of modern day entrail readers?

It's called multi-level regression post stratification. How can you not trust it?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

seizure later posted:

so, so many of you need to have a full time therapist.
Thats what politics does to you when you've either been a victim or witness of easily avoidable tragedy in your personal lives.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Judge Tesla posted:

Good luck finding one under the American run NHS.

I mean being honest you've a far better chance of finding one going private than through the NHS. NHS mental health services are loving bad. But then the issue of going private is less ability to find a shrink & more being able to afford them.

Of course the solution to this isn't privatising the NHS, it's funding the health service better.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Yeah I'm talking about the city (hex below). All the rich wankers live in North. It also stretches somewhat into rural areas.

As before - no loving way Norwich is going Tory even with students loving off.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

If the bbc doesn’t get boris on then that’s it, they’ve lost the trust of more than 20% of the uk population for a generation

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
okay so this is the live model site.

https://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2019/

2 weeks out so expect this to come in towards a hung parliament.

seriously, there are error bars of 10 points.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

"Six Labour marginals that have never voted Conservative would turn blue, as would at least nine seats that have been Labour since the Second World War."

Yeah this part sounds like bullshit to me. These shambolic cunts who everyone hates are gonna replicate Labour's performance in Canterbury 6 times over? What exactly would inspire that? :D

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I can believe my dumpster town Walsall fully going Tory, this place is pretty much a hard Brexit stronghold, Boris farting around here a few months ago confirms it more than anything.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

haakman posted:

Yeah I'm talking about the city (hex below). All the rich wankers live in North. It also stretches somewhat into rural areas.

As before - no loving way Norwich is going Tory even with students loving off.

The hex below is South Northfolk - the other Norwich one is still Labour peeking underneath that box there

Also the dubious Bolsover call is this

Tories gaining next to nothing and winning by virtue of Brexit Party splitting the Labour vote

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

I can believe my dumpster town Walsall fully going Tory, this place is pretty much a hard Brexit stronghold, Boris farting around here a few months ago confirms it more than anything.

Midlands is uniquely in the position of being absolutely reamed by thatcher, but then for some reason blaming it on immigrants and then finally deciding that leaving the EU is the way to solve both these problems.

I can assure you with 100% certainty there will be tens of thousands of job losses around here when we leave, manufacturing here is on a very thin tightrope as it is and becoming noncompetitive with Europe suddenly pushes a lot of people off that rope very quickly.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

The hex below is South Northfolk - the other Norwich one is still Labour peeking underneath that box there

Tories gaining next to nothing and winning by virtue of Brexit Party splitting the Labour vote

lib dems winning in this seat (by guaranteeing a conservative leaver wins)

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hope is a lie

but remember this?

https://twitter.com/centrist_phone/status/1199748263030804480

here's their followup

https://twitter.com/centrist_phone/status/1199806232254656519

they lost seats and votes even after their big antisemitism push.

Chuff McNothing fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 27, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The Tories getting 360 seats is completely ridiculous lol

Like I can maybe accept them saying "yeah we'll maintain our minority government" but no loving way they get a big majority like that

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

RockyB posted:

Comrades, comrades, all will be fine. The Octopus is with us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0FLC8H7D8

Not only will Paul pick Corbyn, he will pick Corbyn with his sex tentacle :pervert:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I remember someone posted a infographic showing the tories genuinely believing they'd get 70% of the votes cast in london, baring in mind this is something that hasn't happened since like 1850, and is never going to happen again due to leave/remain/tories being racist

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

is it praxis to have a crush on Angela Rayner? :ohdear:

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I believe we will win.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Lads as someone across the pond who is rooting for you guys to not get tory hosed, how's it looking?

Edit:or the Tori's using your arseholees like a c**t.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Jose posted:

Check out the prolapse photo posted in the GBS cursed images thread and you never will again. It's substantially worse than those I've sent people

where is your power now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vlex posted:

is it praxis to have a crush on Angela Rayner? :ohdear:

she's a top notch politician poo poo poster so yes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

where is your power now

well the goon prolapse photos include multiple angles and multiple angles of sounding + they're goon

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I don't think the main take away that if the Tories lead shrinks to below 7% they can't form a government is bad news really considering the recent movements?

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
From anecdotes I do worry that "get Brexit done" is working well as a message with the Boomers, especially in the North.

That it's a lie and they haven't considered what happens afterwards utterly passes them by, much like it did in 2016. loving idiots.

Keep fighting the good fight people.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

All the fabled MRP technique does is turn polling data into seats won/lost.

If you feed it the wrong polling data, you will get the wrong result. This is only the predicted outcome if Labour polled 32% and the Tories 43% on December 12th. Even the last couple of polls putting Labour 7 points behind would considerably improve this picture.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jose posted:

well the goon prolapse photos include multiple angles and multiple angles of sounding + they're goon

Surely only one angle of sounding is possible i.e. down the pipe? :thunk:

Ms A, we need your expertise :D

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Eric Idle is living off royalties from that song. oval office by default

Cleese is living off royalties for whatever films he shat out post python. He is racist oval office seperated from reality

Terry Jones has dementia, and is good regardless

I've met palin so he is good by default. Not much political info other than he doesn't like Brexit.

Terry Gilliam called Cleese an idiot for his recent statements about london, so presumably good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Braggart posted:

Surely only one angle of sounding is possible i.e. down the pipe? :thunk:

Ms A, we need your expertise :D

there is a photo from that angle and other angles too

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jose posted:

there is a photo from that angle and other angles too

Hmm, you should cut out the middleman and sound with a colonoscopy camera I think.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
:toxx: that the hated Tory will not gain seats at this election.

I don't claim to know for sure whether a grim poll will depress turnout or motivate the youth to the polls, but voter engagement and registration seems to be record breaking so I'm going with "here we...here we...here we fuckin go"

haakman
May 5, 2011

oooòoh my bad - they've chopped off the rest of Norfolk on that image.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Lol at the predicted results in the leaders seats.

Swinson - Lean Lib Dem
Johnson - Likely Conservative
Corbyn - Safe Labour

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

I don't claim to know for sure whether a grim poll will depress turnout or motivate the youth to the polls, but voter engagement and registration seems to be record breaking so I'm going with "here we...here we...here we fuckin go"

from current seats or previous election seats lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hung parliament with boris losing his seat would be extremely funny

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Failed Imagineer posted:

:golfclap:

Watching newsnight for the first time ... well, ever. Ash is storming it.

"You say that people want to get back to normal. For our generation, normal is poo poo".

E: Let's be generous and say 318. Before the DePfeffel fired all those people.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 28, 2019

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

is that net gain or just a single seat

Need to get the fine print down

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Jose posted:

reminds me of when the goatman outtakes were released

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good luck, may Labour win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

is that net gain or just a single seat