Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Artelier posted:

cultist simulator is 70 percent off, how's it on mobile? on a OnePlus 6 and wondering if it's worth it
I don't post in this thread a lot, but just popping in to point out that there's been some... corroborated claims about the guy who made this game. Source here

given the subject matter of this one it's a bit skeevy imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

parara posted:

I've become painfully obsessed with Dungeon Maker. Since I generally play gachas I don't really know what's out there in terms of paid games with gacha-esque mechanics.

Could I get some more recommendations for games I should check out? Think gradual unlocking of mechanics, pretty cool art, RPG stats/skills for my inner gremlin. Basically hit me with anything that you feel is peripherally similar in feeling to Dungeon Maker!

Dungeon Warfare 2 maybe. It has a much more built out progression system.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Someone should probably just make a Dungeon Warfare thread now that we have the mobile game sub.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

egg tats posted:

I don't post in this thread a lot, but just popping in to point out that there's been some... corroborated claims about the guy who made this game. Source here

given the subject matter of this one it's a bit skeevy imo.

Jesus, I just spent too long reading up on this. Polyamorous relationships seem prone to massive amounts of drama. This nest of game devs seems like they are barely one step removed from furries.

His denial seems credible, but many around him seem to be walking away.

I'm not sure it changed my opinion that his games are pretty loving weird but kinda fun.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Ethical consumption, capitalism, yada yada

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kris xK posted:

Someone should probably just make a Dungeon Warfare thread now that we have the mobile game sub.

This would last, if I'm being very generous, 6-7 pages.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Baddog posted:

Jesus, I just spent too long reading up on this. Polyamorous relationships seem prone to massive amounts of drama.

These were all ostensibly monogamous.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

neongrey posted:

These were all ostensibly monogamous.

Not according to him, but maybe that was part of the problem.

http://weatherfactory.biz/what-actually-happened/

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This would last, if I'm being very generous, 6-7 pages.

So it would be in the top 10 for most active threads in this subforum?

I totally agree tho (and thats why I havent made the thread) I just love it the game so much.

EDIT: I actually just looked and there's quite a few long threads, I dunno what I'm talking about

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Edit: nevermind sale ended

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 28, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Egg Inc tip!

Don't want to bother with signing up for contract groups through Reddit? I don't blame you! For the past month or so, you've had the option to make a group you create public, which can be auto-joined by anyone looking. It's super handy, but what if you end up with a bunch of lazy people who just want to be carried? No problem! As a group owner, you have the option to kick players if they're inactive for, I think, 24 hours. It creates a spot that can and likely will quickly be filled by someone else, thus mostly ensuring that you've actually got active players helping out.

I don't mind people being on the lower end of contributing, that happens. I'm not a fan of people joining thinking they can get by without doing anything.

Then again, it's loving Egg Inc, so :shrug:

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Egg Inc tip!

Don't want to bother with signing up for contract groups through Reddit? I don't blame you! For the past month or so, you've had the option to make a group you create public, which can be auto-joined by anyone looking. It's super handy, but what if you end up with a bunch of lazy people who just want to be carried? No problem! As a group owner, you have the option to kick players if they're inactive for, I think, 24 hours. It creates a spot that can and likely will quickly be filled by someone else, thus mostly ensuring that you've actually got active players helping out.

I don't mind people being on the lower end of contributing, that happens. I'm not a fan of people joining thinking they can get by without doing anything.

Then again, it's loving Egg Inc, so :shrug:

The discord is great for finding groups...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Baddog posted:

The discord is great for finding groups...

While this is likely true, I'm just below the cusp of caring enough about Egg Inc to bother actually looking for groups. But thanks!

Edit: that sounded sarcastic, and I didn't mean it to :ohdear:

Baddog
May 12, 2001

While this is likely true, I'm just below the cusp of caring enough about Egg Inc to bother actually looking for groups. But thanks!

Edit: that sounded sarcastic, and I didn't mean it to :ohdear:

I hear you, I was same way! Then got tired of missing the reward too many times.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I've been diving into the world of Manhua and recently found a 'Taoist Immortals' idle game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.immortaltaoists.en&hl=en_US

It's bad. It's real bad. Translation is a mess and the cash grabs are everywhere. Check it out for a laugh.

I have terrible taste, so I'm playing it anyhow. If you want to try it yourself, have an invite code: 1j74ispq0

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Just got my EVE Echoes invite!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Anima is a pretty decent diablo-like so far. Everything you want from one is there, though it is still early (just got to first boss and got fuckin creamed).

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just got my EvE invite as well, and I also just got into Anima.

I tried to see how I could gently caress up a class from the start to see how well the game was balanced and if it was breakable early on. I made a wizard and went all in on intelligence and the pbaoe ability. Intelligence is supposed to give a bonus to magic damage, but it stops at 11 ish. I pumped it to 17 and still saw no change in the bonus it gave. I guess there's a way to get a respec by completing a quest, but I think I'm just going to re-roll.

I made it to that same first boss at level 9 and got completely housed. Since I intentionally built my character poorly, this isn't a surprise.

I feel like there's a decent game here, but it seems like it's a little bare bones mechanically. I'm gonna mess around with some other classes to see how they are.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah the first boss is insane for a mage. If she does her whirlwind, you die, that's it. I did manage to take her down after getting teleport at level 14, and the next area starts dropping gems. It doesn't seem much less mechanically complex than Diablo 2 tbh

Also, Elder Scrolls Blades is having a patch soon that completely removes chest timers, so if you enjoyed the gameplay of that at all it may be worth trying again. They also recently added jewelry.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 30, 2019

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Mile'ionaha posted:

I've been diving into the world of Manhua and recently found a 'Taoist Immortals' idle game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.immortaltaoists.en&hl=en_US

It's bad. It's real bad. Translation is a mess and the cash grabs are everywhere. Check it out for a laugh.

I have terrible taste, so I'm playing it anyhow. If you want to try it yourself, have an invite code: 1j74ispq0

Okay hear me out. Yes it's bad but it's got a lot of buttons to push that, once you figure them out, might be kind of okay. If you're a filthy idle game degenerate like me you might derive some enjoyment from it.

It's really loving obtuse and my first impression is that the grind gets super punishing once you're a couple days in. Lots of numbers though, and here's how they get you, those numbers go up.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Is there a Tetris/clone that is airplane mode friendly? I'll end up paying for it to remove ads so I don't mind those so much, but I do mind it not being usable if it doesn't have data (like the one from EA).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Also, Elder Scrolls Blades is having a patch soon that completely removes chest timers, so if you enjoyed the gameplay of that at all it may be worth trying again. They also recently added jewelry.

Does it work on non-flagship phones yet

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vulpes posted:

Does it work on non-flagship phones yet

It always worked on my ol' Zenfone 3

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Okay hear me out. Yes it's bad but it's got a lot of buttons to push that, once you figure them out, might be kind of okay. If you're a filthy idle game degenerate like me you might derive some enjoyment from it.

It's really loving obtuse and my first impression is that the grind gets super punishing once you're a couple days in. Lots of numbers though, and here's how they get you, those numbers go up.

If you want an obtuse but bulky idle game then why not just play idle to rule the gods? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.shugasu.itrtg

I started play on and off like 3 months ago and I'm barely scratching the end game. And it still gets updates. I totally forgot about the ad system for bonuses most of that time.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Shwqa posted:

If you want an obtuse but bulky idle game then why not just play idle to rule the gods? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.shugasu.itrtg

I started play on and off like 3 months ago and I'm barely scratching the end game. And it still gets updates. I totally forgot about the ad system for bonuses most of that time.

NGU Idle and Wizard and Minion Idle are two spiritual successors that I feel do a better job of it. Idling to rule the gods is very back-loaded on content and is very repetitive for a long time until you get past what was originally the end game.

That said I gotta try everything, man. I'm always on the lookout for idle/incremental games that innovate or weave in bits of other games. I'll take a hot poorly translated mess with interesting mechanics over another reskinned adventure capitalist or cookie clicker.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

It always worked on my ol' Zenfone 3

It always worked on my one+ 7 pro as well. I didn't care so much for the town building aspect of the game, but it worked really well and was pretty fun. Plus it can be played vertically, which is nice and kinda rare with adventure games like this.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
What's a good casual starship game? Not too technical, more of a collect crew, upgrade ship bathroom game?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

What's a good casual starship game? Not too technical, more of a collect crew, upgrade ship bathroom game?

Pixel Starships

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/pocketcitygame/status/1201160589558591491?s=19

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

effika posted:

Is there a Tetris/clone that is airplane mode friendly? I'll end up paying for it to remove ads so I don't mind those so much, but I do mind it not being usable if it doesn't have data (like the one from EA).

Falling Light Blocks seems to work best.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Playing Hungry Cat Picross but I can't find an option in the shop for no ads. I have an email in to the devs but in the meantime does anyone know if I'm missing something obvious?

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

DrBox posted:

Playing Hungry Cat Picross but I can't find an option in the shop for no ads. I have an email in to the devs but in the meantime does anyone know if I'm missing something obvious?

I'm an old now and can't figure out how to embed Twitter posts but they responded the following to someone asking there:

"Hi Eri, thanks for your message. To remove ads you need to press the cat with a crown on its head (in the shop)"

I bought no ads before the big redesign so I have no other guidance, but I don't see a cat with a crown on its head in the shop so... SHRUG

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

marchantia posted:

I'm an old now and can't figure out how to embed Twitter posts but they responded the following to someone asking there:

"Hi Eri, thanks for your message. To remove ads you need to press the cat with a crown on its head (in the shop)"

I bought no ads before the big redesign so I have no other guidance, but I don't see a cat with a crown on its head in the shop so... SHRUG

Twitter posts auto embed. Get the tweet link and :justpost:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Presumably that's the cat.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

marchantia posted:

That's it! Thank you.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Just logged in to EvE echoes and it's what I hoped for. If anyone is in yet:

Ign: Calyxis
Pilot ID: 10000033381

This is what I hoped Second Galaxy would be. In my opinion, it just feels better. I don't feel like I'm just fumbling through the game. Of course, I've played Eve for a while so it stands to reason this game would make more sense. I don't know how to describe it, it just feels good. They did a good job of translating it to Android and automating certain things, to make it work, but it's also still Eve and still complex.

I don't know, shits pretty fun so far. Now we can spin ships and be terrible on our phones!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Door Kickers was just added to play pass

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Dunno if this is the thread for it, but Death Road To Canada is awesome and has great music and tons of replay value, is only a dollar today.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

zenguitarman posted:

Dunno if this is the thread for it, but Death Road To Canada is awesome and has great music and tons of replay value, is only a dollar today.

Thanks. I picked it up. Looks like the casual bathroom game I was looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's your go-to game for competitive bathroom visits?