Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SSNeoman posted:

Fourth floor (you read that right)

Pure FUD!

How do you get to any 4th floor without being killed by ramps, stairs, or a door?

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

Quavers posted:

Our absent friend Melvin has been playing Elite lately, but struggles with the lack of Pay2Win when fighting difficult, high-ranked NPCs:

:saddowns:

Engineering in Elite can be tedious but not as bad as Mervin makes it sound. I think the FF he mentions is Felicity Farseer which is the engineer that works on ship thrusters and FTL drives. A well kitted Asp Explorer can make the run from Sol to Maia to pick up the item she needs to get started and from Maia to her location in ~40 jumps. Easily doable in a longish evening if you don't stop to explore.

As for materials, they're mostly easily found in signal sources and just driving around planets. There is one additional type of material that seems harder to find but I found it easily accessible by scanning FSD wakes around the nav beacon present in any inhabited star system.

Edit: The game also introduced material brokers a few months ago so now you can trade up or down if you have some of right type of materials but are short on the specific tier needed.

Zeond fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 27, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Can we have a Tesla with smashed out windows in the far back of the image (between the balloons and the concierge sign but way in the background)?

edit: Yeah, couldn't find The Bunnyman, but it's fun what turns up in google for 'bunny man'.

edit2: Sorry Nibs

Hav fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 27, 2019

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

edit: Yeah, couldn't find The Bunnyman, but it's fun what turns up in google for 'bunny man'.

you mean this Bunnyman?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

edit2: Sorry Nibs

heh I was just doing another one - thanks my dude

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

No Man's Sky has a big update tomorrow. You can now own more than one multi-tool, freely upgrade or salvage your starships, refine materials within in your inventory, and ride alien fauna like ponies.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Inspector Gesicht posted:

No Man's Sky has a big update tomorrow. You can now own more than one multi-tool, freely upgrade or salvage your starships, refine materials within in your inventory, and ride alien fauna like ponies.

yeah, but do the ponies have their own language?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Nice reuse of assets.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Does it have a sandworm yet?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

:gary: Lovely, thank you

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

So I don’t understand why people are always saying, “Well, you’ve gotta admit that Star Citizen looks great” when so much of it looks like this :shrug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/cjZbest/status/1198475380190920704

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 28, 2019

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:toot:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMgBTwciomM

:confuoot:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:ughh:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Capitalism has so thoroughly rotted our brains that people will willingly advertise and market a product in their spare time, and for free.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Elderbean posted:

Capitalism has so thoroughly rotted our brains that people will willingly advertise and market a product in their spare time, and for free.

This is not a capitalism problem, this is a stupidity problem plain and simple.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Trip Report: Expo Hall Day 4

It takes nearly seven full minutes for Star Citizen to launch me into the PU. This is notable because Star Citizen is already eating up precious space on my SSD. Seven minutes to load into my wankpod is... it's the best they can do. I clamber out of my bed after waiting patiently for the texture for a cat poster to load in. My trip to the expo hall is uneventful. There are no people here. Not a single living soul resides in Area 18, the central hub of ArcCorp, the city that spans an entire planet. My framerate is jumping from 30 to 7 every time I turn a corner. It seems my RTX 2060 simply isn't cutting edge enough to handle all these hotdog carts and holographic ads. The two notable parts of my trip to the Expo Hall are the tram and the music. The tram no longer rides on a simple flat course. This tram swoops and soars through the city in a way that player-controlled ships never will be able to. It slides laterally into position at the final stop, a true Wonkavator here in the very heart of the world's most high-fidelity space simulator. The music seems similarly out of place. It is triumphant. It reminds me of the first time Master Chief laid eyes on Halo so many years ago. I am invigorated, and then I remember where I am going.

The approach to the Expo Hall is empty. I stop off to buy some Crusader Industries swag - a hat and a shirt. I disrobe, continuing the long tradition of showing enthusiasm for a ship brand by running around in your underwear and a branded hat. There is a bug: my snoopy cap won't come off. It juts out from under the cap like some obscene alien. The expo hall is an elevator ride away. The button says "Day 4." I know from reddit that the previous days' Expo Halls exist as floors underneath this one, and I long to go see more interesting ships, because I know that today is MISC day. Nevertheless, I step inside and press the button. Like all elevators in Star Citizen, this takes just long enough to reach my destination that I start to wonder if I need to hit the button again. But I'm there, in the most impossibly bland expo hall you could possibly imagine. There are no people here. This place is a great grey expanse, flecked here and there by NPCs in grey clothing, and grey starship models. No effort was put into this. It's possible that less than no effort was put into this. This place is the death of all color, a jarring transition from any hope that there is good in this world to complete despair. There is nothing here but the exhortation to buy, and the mad gods who built this place know that I know. They don't care. Their lack of anything approaching effort to hide this fact says so, and their contempt for me in this moment is obvious. My mind fractures.

I see a real person! I know he's real because he moves impossibly. Like a film with every other frame cut out, this man tears around the hall at breakneck speed, changing direction with all the suddenness of a UFO in some grainy home movie. I follow him, for I know not what else to do. He has a backpack from Death Stranding. I wonder if I should buy a Playstation. In any case, we both climb into the back of a MISC Freelancer that is on display here. It takes me several tries to awkwardly jump up the back ramp - my compatriot made it look so smooth and easy but I can't seem to make it work. Clearly he has done this before. We fiddle with things. He climbs into a bed and I power up the spaceship, wondering if it's possible that someone screwed up and let an ounce of fun into this game. Could it be? Will they let me take off? No, unfortunately there is nothing for me to do but fiddle with buttons. I get up and wander off. My friend is standing in the open side hatch, staring out at the convention hall. I stand behind him. He tries to back up, but I am blocking his way. He turns around and for a long tense moment we stand face to face. I notice he is wearing the funny Halloween helmet that made everyone so mad. Somewhere in the back of my ruptured mind I realize that this means he is a subscriber, one of the lucky few to part with ten or twenty dollars a month so that Jared can have a job. He is getting angry now, but I refuse to move. I fear we are going to come to blows, but then, humbled, he squats down and exits using the ladder. I am proud to have defended my section of the beach, but the ship itself reminds me that it alone is King. It mashes me in the door as it closes, shoving me back inside. For a moment, I hoped it would kill me.

I have to get out of this place. I spot a Starfarer, a great silver behemoth of a ship. I can rent it, for free! I do so, and hurriedly hop several trains to get to the spaceport. On my way out I see another man, careening about in a hat and underpants. I long to reach out to him, to say "Hello, I see you, you're not alone in this awful place!" but the thought of bringing up the little wrist-mounted chat is crushing to my psyche, and I can't remember the key to enable the hud-based one, so we pass without a word. I make it to the ship console, and summon my brand new rented Starfarer. It pops into existence a thousand meters away, on landing pad 8. They've changed the way the elevators work since I was last here. Now any elevator can take you to any pad, and I am forced to admit this is a better solution that making players hunt down each individual elevator. As I'm waiting for mine, it clips through me, sliding into place as the doors open with a hiss. Apparently pathing is not important here. Either way, it takes me to my ship. I owned one of these once, the very last ship I bought. It had been a desperate attempt to find the fun in Star Citizen, purchased using store credit and a handful of real dollars just before I decided to refund. This is good news, because it means I can navigate the insane internal layout with ease. If I hadn't been here before, this maze of staircases and identical doors might have driven me to madness. But this ship is like an old shoe, and I know it well. I feel a pang of nostalgia as I consider how absolutely loving ludicrous this layout is. It's almost charming. But there's no time for that now, I'm at the bridge and I desperately need to get off this godforsaken planet. Thankfully all my keybindings are still in place. I get my rental powered up and get launch clearance from the tower. The ship lifts off slowly, so so slowly. It's actually refreshing, and reminds me of the way I always made capital ships act when playing with toys. The way a Battlecruiser just hangs leaden in the air in StarCraft. "This is good," I think. I clear the hangar bay and surrounding buildings, and power up my main thrusters as I continue to rise. Immediately the nose tips forward, and I slam into the roof of a small building. I'm upside down now, scraping my way across the landscape and clipping through the terrain. It takes several minutes to right my wounded craft, but I do. I strafe up for a good long time before turning on my main engines, and this works better. I'm climbing now, angled nearly straight up and burning for space with every ounce of speed I've got. It's taking so, so long. I let off my thrusters just to see, and am disappointed to find that yes my ship does simply hover there, nose up at an eighty degree angle.

I'm curious, too curious. I know it's trouble, but I want to see the city out of the back. I thread my way through the maze, leaping over a railing into the cargo area and open the door. It's bizarre. I'm staring down at the ugly city, standing perfectly upright when I should be falling to my death. I walk forward a little, and a little more. At some point I hit the edge of the Starfarer's physics zone and tumble out and away into the whistling atmosphere. It's going to be a long fall. So long, in fact, that I have time to google some of the camera controls. I have to get out of first person perspective, because my commando's spandex-clad package is obstructing my view of the city I am currently falling towards. Unfortunately, Star Citizen's camera controls are arcane, hidden behind a series on mindbending keypresses. I give up. I'm getting closer now, falling toward this generic mass of polygons, wondering if I'll get to impale myself on anything interesting like a holographic "FIZZZ" ad. In the end it doesn't matter. Whatever FIZZZ is, it and it's ads are just as generic as the red buildings. As I get closer to the end, I can see the textures warping and bending. The illusion they've created is flimsy, and it just begs for any chance to break. I fall through a building and land on a surface under the city. I know this kills me because it plays the death sound. And yet, for a moment, my body refuses to die. I walk around, looking up at the city, in some awful parody of life. Finally, I am granted a merciful death. My commando flops over, the screen goes black, and I wake up back in my wank pod. It could all have been a dream if it weren't for the fact that I am still in my underwear and hat. I realize that the last 15 seconds of that fall were the most fun I've had in Star Citizen in years. I'll cut this together into some fun video! I look at the timer on OBS, and realize this entire adventure has generated forty minutes of footage. I can't do this any more. I log out.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

After the inevitable Disappointing how many whales will rationalize their feelings with "The real Star Citizen was inside us all along"?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Gort posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna come back to Warframe for the flyable ship. Any idea when it's meant to release?

Prob sometime early next year. I can't imagine that DE will release it in December, they seem to have a full plate.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
doip coming along nicely

e: buy an idris!

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Absolute perfection

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

AlbieQuirky posted:

So I don’t understand why people are always saying, “Well, you’ve gotta admit that Star Citizen looks great” when so much of it looks like this :shrug:

There's a couple screenshots that look good, so they can pretend everything that looks bad is just work in progress and not final.

Typical "ITS EARLY ALPHA" excuses.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

It takes nearly seven full minutes for Star Citizen to launch me into the PU. This is notable because Star Citizen is already eating up precious space on my SSD. Seven minutes to load into my wankpod is... it's the best they can do. I clamber out of my bed after waiting patiently for the texture for a cat poster to load in. My trip to the expo hall is uneventful. There are no people here. Not a single living soul resides in Area 18, the central hub of ArcCorp, the city that spans an entire planet. My framerate is jumping from 30 to 7 every time I turn a corner. It seems my RTX 2060 simply isn't cutting edge enough to handle all these hotdog carts and holographic ads. The two notable parts of my trip to the Expo Hall are the tram and the music. The tram no longer rides on a simple flat course. This tram swoops and soars through the city in a way that player-controlled ships never will be able to. It slides laterally into position at the final stop, a true Wonkavator here in the very heart of the world's most high-fidelity space simulator. The music seems similarly out of place. It is triumphant. It reminds me of the first time Master Chief laid eyes on Halo so many years ago. I am invigorated, and then I remember where I am going.

The approach to the Expo Hall is empty. I stop off to buy some Crusader Industries swag - a hat and a shirt. I disrobe, continuing the long tradition of showing enthusiasm for a ship brand by running around in your underwear and a branded hat. There is a bug: my snoopy cap won't come off. It juts out from under the cap like some obscene alien. The expo hall is an elevator ride away. The button says "Day 4." I know from reddit that the previous days' Expo Halls exist as floors underneath this one, and I long to go see more interesting ships, because I know that today is MISC day. Nevertheless, I step inside and press the button. Like all elevators in Star Citizen, this takes just long enough to reach my destination that I start to wonder if I need to hit the button again. But I'm there, in the most impossibly bland expo hall you could possibly imagine. There are no people here. This place is a great grey expanse, flecked here and there by NPCs in grey clothing, and grey starship models. No effort was put into this. It's possible that less than no effort was put into this. This place is the death of all color, a jarring transition from any hope that there is good in this world to complete despair. There is nothing here but the exhortation to buy, and the mad gods who built this place know that I know. They don't care. Their lack of anything approaching effort to hide this fact says so, and their contempt for me in this moment is obvious. My mind fractures.

I see a real person! I know he's real because he moves impossibly. Like a film with every other frame cut out, this man tears around the hall at breakneck speed, changing direction with all the suddenness of a UFO in some grainy home movie. I follow him, for I know not what else to do. He has a backpack from Death Stranding. I wonder if I should buy a Playstation. In any case, we both climb into the back of a MISC Freelancer that is on display here. It takes me several tries to awkwardly jump up the back ramp - my compatriot made it look so smooth and easy but I can't seem to make it work. Clearly he has done this before. We fiddle with things. He climbs into a bed and I power up the spaceship, wondering if it's possible that someone screwed up and let an ounce of fun into this game. Could it be? Will they let me take off? No, unfortunately there is nothing for me to do but fiddle with buttons. I get up and wander off. My friend is standing in the open side hatch, staring out at the convention hall. I stand behind him. He tries to back up, but I am blocking his way. He turns around and for a long tense moment we stand face to face. I notice he is wearing the funny Halloween helmet that made everyone so mad. Somewhere in the back of my ruptured mind I realize that this means he is a subscriber, one of the lucky few to part with ten or twenty dollars a month so that Jared can have a job. He is getting angry now, but I refuse to move. I fear we are going to come to blows, but then, humbled, he squats down and exits using the ladder. I am proud to have defended my section of the beach, but the ship itself reminds me that it alone is King. It mashes me in the door as it closes, shoving me back inside. For a moment, I hoped it would kill me.

I have to get out of this place. I spot a Starfarer, a great silver behemoth of a ship. I can rent it, for free! I do so, and hurriedly hop several trains to get to the spaceport. On my way out I see another man, careening about in a hat and underpants. I long to reach out to him, to say "Hello, I see you, you're not alone in this awful place!" but the thought of bringing up the little wrist-mounted chat is crushing to my psyche, and I can't remember the key to enable the hud-based one, so we pass without a word. I make it to the ship console, and summon my brand new rented Starfarer. It pops into existence a thousand meters away, on landing pad 8. They've changed the way the elevators work since I was last here. Now any elevator can take you to any pad, and I am forced to admit this is a better solution that making players hunt down each individual elevator. As I'm waiting for mine, it clips through me, sliding into place as the doors open with a hiss. Apparently pathing is not important here. Either way, it takes me to my ship. I owned one of these once, the very last ship I bought. It had been a desperate attempt to find the fun in Star Citizen, purchased using store credit and a handful of real dollars just before I decided to refund. This is good news, because it means I can navigate the insane internal layout with ease. If I hadn't been here before, this maze of staircases and identical doors might have driven me to madness. But this ship is like an old shoe, and I know it well. I feel a pang of nostalgia as I consider how absolutely loving ludicrous this layout is. It's almost charming. But there's no time for that now, I'm at the bridge and I desperately need to get off this godforsaken planet. Thankfully all my keybindings are still in place. I get my rental powered up and get launch clearance from the tower. The ship lifts off slowly, so so slowly. It's actually refreshing, and reminds me of the way I always made capital ships act when playing with toys. The way a Battlecruiser just hangs leaden in the air in StarCraft. "This is good," I think. I clear the hangar bay and surrounding buildings, and power up my main thrusters as I continue to rise. Immediately the nose tips forward, and I slam into the roof of a small building. I'm upside down now, scraping my way across the landscape and clipping through the terrain. It takes several minutes to right my wounded craft, but I do. I strafe up for a good long time before turning on my main engines, and this works better. I'm climbing now, angled nearly straight up and burning for space with every ounce of speed I've got. It's taking so, so long. I let off my thrusters just to see, and am disappointed to find that yes my ship does simply hover there, nose up at an eighty degree angle.

I'm curious, too curious. I know it's trouble, but I want to see the city out of the back. I thread my way through the maze, leaping over a railing into the cargo area and open the door. It's bizarre. I'm staring down at the ugly city, standing perfectly upright when I should be falling to my death. I walk forward a little, and a little more. At some point I hit the edge of the Starfarer's physics zone and tumble out and away into the whistling atmosphere. It's going to be a long fall. So long, in fact, that I have time to google some of the camera controls. I have to get out of first person perspective, because my commando's spandex-clad package is obstructing my view of the city I am currently falling towards. Unfortunately, Star Citizen's camera controls are arcane, hidden behind a series on mindbending keypresses. I give up. I'm getting closer now, falling toward this generic mass of polygons, wondering if I'll get to impale myself on anything interesting like a holographic "FIZZZ" ad. In the end it doesn't matter. Whatever FIZZZ is, it and it's ads are just as generic as the red buildings. As I get closer to the end, I can see the textures warping and bending. The illusion they've created is flimsy, and it just begs for any chance to break. I fall through a building and land on a surface under the city. I know this kills me because it plays the death sound. And yet, for a moment, my body refuses to die. I walk around, looking up at the city, in some awful parody of life. Finally, I am granted a merciful death. My commando flops over, the screen goes black, and I wake up back in my wank pod. It could all have been a dream if it weren't for the fact that I am still in my underwear and hat. I realize that the last 15 seconds of that fall were the most fun I've had in Star Citizen in years. I'll cut this together into some fun video! I look at the timer on OBS, and realize this entire adventure has generated forty minutes of footage. I can't do this any more. I log out.

Oops, posted this on the wrong account. Derek, you've got our login information switched up again- I sent you a note with last month's payrolls.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Why the gently caress would you want a SPACESHIP that acts as an earthmover or dump truck? It makes no sense in any way. A terrestrial vehicle would be way cheaper and likely way more efficient and presumably whatever dumb future this game is set in still has standardized shipping containers that'd be more useful to ship dirt in than a space dump truck.

I hope CIG does this because it's so loving stupid.

edit: I don't think CIG has stolen much from gundam yet. they could add the rb-79 Ball from gundam to star citizen and call it some kind of mobile construction vehicle

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sorry for biting your style, sarsa. It turns out it's really hard to write "this game makes me want to kill myself" in a new and different way from the last guy who wrote "this game makes me want to kill myself"

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can't recall another thread with this much venom towards it's subject matter since the Sons of Anarchy mockathon. What they have in common is that goons were genuinely positive to them for the first three years.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Beet Wagon posted:

Who is the this undercover shill? .. The real Beet would have played full burn during take off ... Or at the very least when in free falling to arc corp.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

Sorry for biting your style, sarsa. It turns out it's really hard to write "this game makes me want to kill myself" in a new and different way from the last guy who wrote "this game makes me want to kill myself"

You did an excellent job though! I really felt like I was there, wanting to kill myself all over again

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Was it the lukewarm critical reaction to the Space COD with Jon Snow a factor that led to Star Marine to being indefinitely delayed? The fact that a bog-standard FPS in space doesn't cut it, especially when it comes at the expense of a Freelancer-successor that was promised first.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

No scope creep.

Just all the helemts and cockpits other than the ones shown on the shitcon demo are not setup to interact with weather and have effects.

This is how it was planned all along.

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 28, 2019

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://pastebin.com/Em0dVFfF

Star Citizen Leaks - discord.gg/scleaks

Star Citizen Patch 3.8.0
Alpha Patch 3.8.0 has been released to Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.8.0-PTU.3685322.

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.

Database Persistence Wipe: YES

The current build is under NDA

Please monitor etf-megachat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.

USER.cfg settings:
r_displaySessionInfo = 1

Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the "Testing Focus". Features and content shown in Citizencon, including Microtech and the Pisces, are currently in a partial state as we are working on moving those into the 3.8 build. We expect this build to be highly unstable, but need to collect data on the largest offenders. WIth that in mind, we are focusing solely on stability and will collect feature feedback in a later build.

This patch will be up for a limited focus window with a max of 24 hours.

Testing Focus
General gameplay and traversal.

Known Issues
:trustme: If a player dies in the vicinity of Microtech, the server will crash. Work around: Please avoid Microtech for now.
:trustme: Spawning logic is currently not functioning correctly and as such logging out at locations that should persist the player, including the bed, are temporarily not working.
:trustme: Interacting with the Vanguard series ships causes a crash. Work around: Please do not use these ships.
:trustme: The Pisces spawns without its landing gear lowered.
:trustme: Patrol mission objectives do not updated after the player reaches the patrol area.
:trustme: Commodities can not be purchased at outposts.
:trustme: Hostile turrets will not fire on the player.
:trustme: Shopping kiosks are blank at all rest stops.
:trustme: Rest stop shops have no purchasable display items.
:trustme: Melee takedowns are not registered as kills vs AI targets.
:trustme: If a player has their ship despawned from the landing pad by ATC and retrieves another, they will sometimes be no longer able to retrieve the original ship.
:trustme: There is a large impact/smoke effect covering the screen when mining a ship deposit.
:trustme: Recovery ship data recorder mission does not update on arrival.
:trustme: Body and room temperature elements appear on the HUD, but will not be part of the 3.8 release.
:trustme: Replaceme elements may appear on planetary surfaces.
:trustme: Players can spawn with blood loss that can't be healed and get stuck in a death loop.
:trustme: There is no logout prompt for some 890 Jump beds.
:trustme: Ships can end up oriented sideways when quantum linking.

New Features
Locations

Added MicroTech Planet including the exterior of New Babbage Landing Zone.
Note, the interior of New Babbage is not completed and is unavailable.
Added new Rest Stop interior variants.
Players now have the ability to select their initial spawn location when it is their first time logging into the game.
GrimHex armistice has been updated to allow non-lethal melee combat.

Gameplay
Added "impounding" function to the law system
Players who incur landing infractions that cause their ship to be forcibly despawned will now see it as "impounded" rather than "stored" when they return to the ASOP terminal. Players can then see their infraction and either pay to have their vehicle removed from the impound or wait until the vehicle is released. Different jurisdictions have different fine amounts and impound times.
Added melee combat including fist and knife fighting along with lethal and non-lethal takedowns.
Players can now use various kinds of melee attacks including light attacks (tap LMB/RMB) and heavy attacks (hold LMB/RMB). Attacks are directional (LMB for left, RMB for right) and can be chained together for combinations. Players can block incoming attacks using LMB + RMB together and facing the incoming direction. In addition to blocking, dodging is also a defensive option and can be activated by double tapping "A" (dodge left), "D" (dodge right), or "S" (dodge backward). Players can also do "takedowns" if they melee from an undetected direction, usually behind the target, and can be initiated using the middle mouse button. For knife attacks/takedowns, players will need to use a combat knife which can be found at various FPS weapon shops and equipped into a utility slot. When unarmed, melee attacks will do non-lethal damage and takedowns are non-lethal, meaning they will render another player unconscious for a brief moment rather than kill them. Initiate knife combat stance with the "5" key and unarmed melee combat with the "0" key.
Ship weapon convergence point when no target is active can now be manually set in the options menu.
Added new mining vehicle attachment: Mining Laser Head.
Laser heads are the mining component that is responsible for fracturing and extraction. These components can now be swapped and purchased, with different components offering different advantages and disadvantages when in use. Laser heads currently can have different instability dampening, resistance modifiers, extraction rates, power transfer rate, optimal charge rate, range, power consumption, heat generation, signature size, and wear characteristics.
Added annunciator panels to some ships
An additional UI panel has been added to some ships that displays various state driven ship conditions. Note, not all ships have these panels.

Weapons and Items
New FPS Weapon: Animus Missile Launcher
Once target lock is achieved, the Animus launcher rapidly fires multiple missiles from its barrels, unleashing the kind of devastation that Apocalypse Arms is known for.
New FPS Weapon: BEHR P6-LR - Ballistic Sniper Rifle
The Behring P6-LR ballistic sniper rifle more than makes up for its slow rate of fire with a high powered 8mm round that's effective from long range. Featuring a scope with variable zoom modes and a barrel composed of a proprietary high-strength alloy, the P6-LR was designed to deliver when needed most.

Core Tech
Implemented server side object container streaming (SSOCS)

Feature Updates
Characters

Moved Miles Eckhart to Lorville at MacIntyre & Victor's Bar.
Increased the speed of most first person animations.

Locations
Updated planets and moons to Planetary Tech v4.

AI
Improved AI ship collision avoidance.

Ships and Vehicles
Updated third person camera/chase camera for ships for improved behavior and stability.
Updated the size and scale of ship status visor displayed and moved some ships displays to exclusively MFD.
Updated and rebalanced ship components (shields, powerplants, coolers, quantum drives.) around manufacturer characteristics so that each item is now unique with unique strengths and weaknesses related to their intended use.

Weapons and Items
Reduced the amount of shake on the Arrowhead when charging a shot.

Major Bug Fixes
NPC security at major stations should no longer occasionally get stuck in a combat ready pose.
AI mission target ships should now consistently spawn for all related missions.
Fixed an issue on multiple ships where a player could eva through landing gear without collision.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Spreadsheet of questions & responses

:gary:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 28, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

monkeytek posted:

This is not a capitalism problem, this is a stupidity problem plain and simple.

I haven't ever heard of idiots marketing and promoting their feudal lord for free. I'm just saying.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Chris is incapable of original thought. Nothing here has "never been dreamed before"

Has this dude never read scifi books wtf?

*leans toward mic*

Fidelity.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: SSOCS does not improve framerate