Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I mean, I know such people exist, because I've been with them, but it just sounds completely unbelievable.

Either that person is stupid/naive or a cheater, but in any case, you can't get out fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I had a lady friend lose a relationship over a shared couch nap that her bf walked in on. I honestly do believe her knowing the kind of person she was, even if that looked sketchy for him. If he didn't know she was like that though I don't know what to tell them

Unless it was a sectional, a couch nap sounds like it would have to be pretty intimate just from the lack of space. A bed at least you can get some separation on, but if she was straight up spooning with someone on a couch....

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Beachcomber posted:

PETA does, in fact, want to make it illegal to own any kind of animal..

The ASPCA is good, though.

Yes, I know. That's why I specified ASPCA and not PETA. I've made that very statement to her multiple times. She doesn't think its just PETA. The ASPCA, all humane societies, pretty much any shelter or rescue is just a front to end pet ownership. She was LIVID when she found out that I voted in favor of ending greyhound racing in Florida. Apparently its part of a plot to wipe out the breed and make breeding dogs illegal. She opposes legislation that makes it illegal to leave your dog in the car or leaving them out in the snow all day because that's the first step to making it illegal to have a dog in your house.

I don't know why she's like this. :(: With any other topic she is perfectly skeptical and rational and researches her opinions, etc. All I can guess is dachshund brainworms.

Anyway, content!

I (26M) found out my fiance (27F) possibly gave a stripper a handjob at her bachelorette party

quote:

I will refer to my fiance as Jane. One of the bridesmaids husbands contacted me and told me he had seen something that made him suspect Jane had been sexual with a stripper at her bachelorette party. ANY sex or romantic kissing outside that relationship was a complete deal breaker that was established when the relationship had begun. When I asked him for details, he indicated a handjob in a roundabout way. When I asked if he could be mistaken or misinterpreting a text or overheard conversation, he kept insisting he was 100% sure. I personally know the bridesmaid, I think she was feeling guilty and she was using her husband as some sort of a proxy informant to keep my girlfriend from coming after her when I confronted her.

When I got off the phone with the guy, I was so destroyed about it I just shut down. I had just had my own sort of non-bachelor-party party at home playing WOW Classic with some friends. So to hear this news after such a wonderful day hit extra hard. My cousin who has been friends with Jane since childhood went to the party with her, so I decided to try to calm down and wait until the next day to ask her if she saw anything. At this point I was still hoping this was some sort of misunderstanding or mean prank. Jane didn't live with me, and she was planning on staying the night at her parents home so I knew she wouldn't show up unannounced. I basically laid in bed all night staring at the dark ceiling, listening to The Doors and Opeth, trying not to lose my mind.

I waited until noon the next day to call my cousin. I wasn't able to get through the first 5 times I called, red alarms going off like crazy now. So when I suspected she was avoiding me, I went over to my parents place and used my dads office line. When she finally answered the phone and realized it was me, the somber tone in the voice of a normally annoyingly upbeat 23 year old party girl, pretty much told me everything I needed to.

Me: I heard things got a little crazier than usual last night.

Her: Yeah...

Me: I think you already know why I'm calling don't you?

Her: Yes... (obviously holding back tears at this point)

Basically long and weeping cousin story short; I found out Jane did indeed give a stripper a hand job, along with several other women, some of whom are in LTR's or married. That they then decided to leave the house they were at and drive intoxicated to the strip club afterwards where Jane and a few other women had "private" dances. My cousin tried to argue that this doesn't mean Jane doesn't love me, and it was just meaningless fun that got out of hand. This loving infuriated me, I didn't shout at her, but I told her if that's what she thinks, she has no idea what love actually is. At this point I informed my parents and brothers what was going on, and of course my mother starts crying. Another person hurt by this stupid bullshit.

I spent the rest of the day laying in bed at my parents house staring at the ceiling ignoring Janes calls and texts. I know some people have more open relationships and can get past this stuff, but I'm just not that guy. I'm monogamous all the way to the center. I eventually cancelled everything and lost a bunch of deposits. I know it's a bitch move but I broke up with Jane over text. I decided it was best to just walk away clean with no serious confrontation. There was nothing to gain by shouting, arguing, making accusations and calling her names. When people are cornered like this when they do something wrong they can lash out and I didn't want to have the woman I was about to marry say horrible poo poo to me in some sort of defense of her behavior. I am loving heartbroken and feel betrayed and that kind of poo poo isn't going to help. I just sent her a text explaining I know what she did. I explained I don't want revenge, I'm not interested in humiliating her or her friends and spreading it around, but it is a sure sign that we aren't right for each other and it is over with no possibility of reconciliation. I waited until she responded once to make sure she got the text and have blocked her on my phone and all social media. I gave the crap she had at my place to my cousin to give back to her and I haven't heard anything from her or her family since.

I still feel like hammered dog poo poo, but I am doing better as far as not feeling like a blackhole is sucking me inside out. But this wasn't like the breakups I had in highschool and college. Something broke inside me this time that can't be repaired like before. My confidence is completely destroyed in my body now. I keep thinking what it was about the stripper guy that is so incredible that he could make seemingly faithful woman cheat and potentially throwaway everything. Was it bigger muscles, bigger dick, better looks, better personality? I'm not a super model, but I'm decent. I don't act like a bitch or a pussy. Or am I just stupid? I was 100% sure of this girl, yet I got cheated on right before our wedding. This kind of crap really take a mans soul grinds it up, eats it and shits it back out.

***Update: Someone from her camp finally contacted me. Her stepdad called me tonight to ask what was going on and if there's anyway to fix things. I didn't give him any details, I just explained that Jane stepped outside the bounds of forgivable behavior in our relationship, and there's absolutely no way to salvage things, and any time spent trying by any party is time wasted that would be better spent moving on. When I said that I could tell he understood what it meant and basically what happened. He's a pretty laid back old-school Hispanic dude, said he's sorry things didn't work out, and wished me well. Wasn't super close with the guy, but I will miss hanging out in his garage shooting the poo poo about motorcycles and stuff.

***2nd Update: I just got done talking to the bridesmaids husband again who first called me and let me know what was going on. I don't know him, but I am a friendly acquaintance with his wife. Apparently what happened is his wife became extremely uncomfortable when the some of the women started grabbing and stroking the strippers dick, and she left and went home. When he asked her why she came home early she got upset and spilled the beans. More than likely to protect her own marriage if it got out, I would guess. Anyway, dude made a boss decision and decided the husbands and boyfriends of the women had a right to know how their significant others were acting when they weren't around, and he made his wife give him all the contact info she had. Seriously, I owe this guy so much. Had I found out about this a few years down the line, the end of the relationship would have been so much worse. His wife still won't talk to me, but It doesn't matter now. I told the dude when things settle down I'm going to take him out and buy him every beer in the bar. Had this dude not had the moral fortitude to make a pimp decision and call me, I may have never known.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dienes posted:

She was LIVID when she found out that I voted in favor of ending greyhound racing in Florida.

Wtf greyhound racing is/was loving cruel as all hell and they usually kill the dogs once they age out of racing, only a fraction of retired dogs actually get adopted through the rescue organizations if that's her excuse.

Seriously that kind of delusion is so off the wall bizarre that it should raise lifelong concerns about her day to day judgement and critical thinking capabilities. She ever bring up lucrative business deals with wealthy Nigerians or ask about your thoughts on getting into pyramid scams like essential oils or wax melts?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FAUXTON posted:

Wtf greyhound racing is/was loving cruel as all hell and they usually kill the dogs once they age out of racing, only a fraction of retired dogs actually get adopted through the rescue organizations if that's her excuse.

Seriously that kind of delusion is so off the wall bizarre that it should raise lifelong concerns about her day to day judgement and critical thinking capabilities. She ever bring up lucrative business deals with wealthy Nigerians or ask about your thoughts on getting into pyramid scams like essential oils or wax melts?

Do you even need to ask?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Do you even need to ask?

yes, maybe the op is like the Cabo vacation guy where it just got ignored for years

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dienes posted:

I (26M) found out my fiance (27F) possibly gave a stripper a handjob at her bachelorette party

Strong Pete qualities here, even if the guy did have kind of a nerdy bachelor party.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

Never - she's even stopped a few older relatives from falling for those types of scams. She's a pretty young Boomer and in everything else she's reasonable, demands evidence, has common sense. Its just when dogs are involved she becomes an irrational, paranoid conspiracy theorist. If it was just gullibility or a general slide into dementia it'd be one thing (and I'm fairly confident I'd catch that, seeing as I'm currently doing research in dementia with my adviser). This compartmentalized nonsense is what's so bizarre and infuriating, I'm not used to having to talk HER down from bullshit. Usually we make fun of it together.

My fiancé treats me like his personal servant/maid ever since we got engaged. I’m considering calling it quits.

quote:

My boyfriend (now fiancé) used to be amazing. Besides small things like who takes out the trash tonight and what we should watch on Netflix that evening, we barely fought and he always treated me with respect (and I did the same to him). He proposed about a month ago and I was over the moon. For the moment we are planning a wedding in May 2021.

Over the last two weeks he’s been driving me nuts. He treats me like his own personal maid or servant instead of his fiancé or life partner. A recent example of this is when he and I went to a clothing store to try on some things for an upcoming wedding that we’re attending. I pointed out a shirt for him that I thought was cute and he said “yeah, I like it, I think I’d need a medium” and just kind of stared at it. I went about the store to get something for myself and then motioned him to come to the counter to check out and he screamed “WHERE’S MY SHIRT?!” Um, what? You didn’t ask for me to get you the shirt. You just said you’d need a medium but didn’t pick up the shirt, or ask for me to get it for you. I told him that and he started screaming some more that he asked for a medium which, again, did not happen...he just said he’d think he needed one. At this point everyone in the store was staring at us so I just decided to call it quits and left. He followed after me a few minutes later.

Another example is when I was about to leave for a networking event at work and I let him know I would be gone for a majority of the evening (it was a dinner). His first response was: “Well then, what the hell am I supposed to eat?!” obviously implying that I would be cooking dinner. We usually do things 50/50 including cooking so I have no clue where that comment even came from. I let him know that he could cook for himself or just get takeout but when I come home at 8 I would not be doing any cooking. He had another scream fest before I just decided to leave.

Before you ask, yes, I have spoken with him about this. His responses are always really vague, but his go-to for the past 3 days has been “well you’re about to be my wife, and this is what wives do.” HELL NO. I did not sign up for this. Wives do much more than just being servants to their husbands.

I’m about to throw in the towel and call it quits. This is already annoying as all get out and I don’t know if I can take a lifetime of this. It’s also frustrating that he did not display these behaviors before we got engaged. The lack of communication of his wants/needs on his end is killing me.

Is this salvageable, or should I just move on? I brought up counseling but he is refusing. I’m at a total loss here.

:murder: He has made it clear what his expectations for you are and that he isn't willing to change them. He's banking on your desire to not be single to outweigh your desire to be more than a fuckmaid.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This is why you date someone long enough that they let down their guard and start showing their real selves.

Because, wow, is that guy a piece of poo poo and she should consider that a bullet dodged.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Christ on a bike. Stave his skull in with something heavy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

New Coke posted:

Strong Pete qualities here, even if the guy did have kind of a nerdy bachelor party.

At least there's extremely little chance of it turning into public cheating. Bachelor parties seem to have become a celebration of bad ideas.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This is why you date someone long enough that they let down their guard and start showing their real selves.

Because, wow, is that guy a piece of poo poo and she should consider that a bullet dodged.

I do wonder if his attitude was as much of a 180 as implied or she just missed a lot of red flags.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

This is why you don't fall for someone 'accidentally' showing you a wad of hundreds and Magnum condoms, next thing you know they want you to be their bang-maid.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dienes posted:

Dude, you did not just use bolding to imply this dude was responsible for his cheating fiance, right?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if his attitude was as much of a 180 as implied or she just missed a lot of red flags.

In the reddit thread, she says they've been together for about 3 years and someone pointed out that's about the max length of time an abuser can hide their nature.

Also, she revealed he's in STEM and she's in finance. So I'd guess she makes a lot more than he does and this is his broke brained way of asserting his dominance.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

FoolyCharged posted:

Dude, you did not just use bolding to imply this dude was responsible for his cheating fiance, right?

No, just to highlight their obvious incompatibility.

Edit: and also to laugh at the idea that she jerked off a stripper because of his personality.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
It could be right though

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Dienes posted:

My fiancé treats me like his personal servant/maid ever since we got engaged. I’m considering calling it quits.
Over the last two weeks he’s been driving me nuts. He treats me like his own personal maid or servant instead of his fiancé or life partner. A recent example of this is when he and I went to a clothing store to try on some things for an upcoming wedding that we’re attending. I pointed out a shirt for him that I thought was cute and he said “yeah, I like it, I think I’d need a medium” and just kind of stared at it. I went about the store to get something for myself and then motioned him to come to the counter to check out and he screamed “WHERE’S MY SHIRT?!”
I wish there was time-stamps on this, because I'd love to know how long he stood there blankly staring at the shirt assuming she'd pick up on his rear end in a top hat-ish hint/stare after she walked away to the rest of the store to pick her own clothes.

In my headcanon, it's at least 20 minutes of him standing there staring at the shirt while she goes through the entire rest of Macy's or whatever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In the reddit thread, she says they've been together for about 3 years and someone pointed out that's about the max length of time an abuser can hide their nature.

Also, she revealed he's in STEM and she's in finance. So I'd guess she makes a lot more than he does and this is his broke brained way of asserting his dominance.

3 years seems like quite a while. Any particular reasoning behind that?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also says she got out...

quote:

Thank you. I have ended relationships because of this. The man wants me to play housewife while I still work full time. It’s not gonna work. If there’s not an equal division of labor or at least some sort of understanding of division of labor I can’t do it.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In the US at least, 3 years tends to be the point when folks get engaged/married, so its harder for the victim to extricate themselves. There's more social and financial pressure on top of sunk cost fallacy. Its also around the time people move in together, and its a lot harder to keep up the facade of normalcy 24/7 compared to just during date nights.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

Never - she's even stopped a few older relatives from falling for those types of scams. She's a pretty young Boomer and in everything else she's reasonable, demands evidence, has common sense. Its just when dogs are involved she becomes an irrational, paranoid conspiracy theorist. If it was just gullibility or a general slide into dementia it'd be one thing (and I'm fairly confident I'd catch that, seeing as I'm currently doing research in dementia with my adviser). This compartmentalized nonsense is what's so bizarre and infuriating, I'm not used to having to talk HER down from bullshit. Usually we make fun of it together.

She probably got a strong negative reaction from someone about owning purebreds that might’ve offended or hurt her and someone latched onto that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's the max time; a lot of abusers show their colors quite a bit sooner. But yeah, as mentioned, that's typically the point where people in relationships end up having their lives intertwined to the point where you're living together and/or have made a commitment like engagement or marriage.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA For Not Hiring A Girl Who Rejected Me at My Start-Up?

quote:

I'm M23, and she's f23. I founded a startup with one of my buddies during our first year of uni and since then we've both worked extremely hard and have grown a lot. Secured a large Series A funding round that let us to rent out better office space downtown and expand our hiring. Because of this we put up a fair amount of job postings up and a girl who I was friends with in my 2nd/3rd year of uni applied and our HR manager brought them in for a preliminary interview. Now I was basically in love with her during this time of being friends with her about 2 yrs ago and confessed my love and she turned me down and I nice guy'd it, cried a lot etc etc and was sad for a while. I usually sit in on all the interviews, first and 2nd round ones, but for her first round one I was in the US meeting with investors so I missed her interview. When I got back, the HR manager passed along her resume to me and interview notes and right when I saw her name and everything I knew it was the girl that broke my heart. I told the HR manager that I already had a person in mind for the job because I didn't want to give the job to her. And that to let her know she wouldn't be moving forward in the process, the HR girl didn't care and said OK. I just thought also it would be weird being her boss, but I guess she didn't think so because she 100% knows I started this business.

I told one of my friends this the other day an she said I'm a huge rear end in a top hat, sexist etc, being immature for denying her a job because she turned me down. But as I see it, its my buddies and I's company and we make the final decisions at this stage.

AITA?

The smug techbro just oozes from this

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
On the one hand, yeah, he's obviously an rear end in a top hat, but on the other, working for a Nice Guy techbro who's still salty that you "broke his heart" years ago would definitely have been a miserable experience.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Dienes posted:

drat. Straight people never cease to amaze me. Blowing up a relationship over a handjob

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hughlander posted:

AITA For Not Hiring A Girl Who Rejected Me at My Start-Up?

The smug techbro just oozes from this

He did the right thing for the wrong reasons, "I just thought also it would be weird being her boss" yeah no poo poo.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Though, given she started saying "Are you going to break up with me?" she may already wanted to break up, but didn't want to be the one to pull the trigger. So just acted as horrible as she could while enjoying an all expenses paid vacation.

May or may not have WANTED to break up, but definitely was feeling insecure about the relationship. A lot of her behavior reads as her trying to either "test" his feelings (and he didn't react the way she was hoping) or get the relationship failure over with because she was 100% certain that the other shoe would drop sooner or later.

Either way, that relationship is almost certainly toast, and there's no reason to stick with someone acting like that unless you have some other reason to be SUPER committed to them (and they show a real willingness to change). It's almost impossible for a relationship to survive that level of trust breach.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't understand how someone could write something like that and have doubts as to whether they made the right move

is it that he is really stupid enough to second guess himself after detaching himself from such an abusive person, or does he just want the consolation of strangers' approval?

It should be glaringly obvious this poor dude has really low self esteem.
It's actually pretty positive that he did break it off, as normally someone like this is who abusive people manage to keep around.

Entorwellian posted:

Nah just moreso self-esteem issues. ADHD people have more social negative experiences and relationship failures with their condition.

Yeah it's an easily co-morbid issue.
Basically ADHD is like going through life as a normal person in most every respect except your constantly making tiny mistakes among other things. And you can grow up not trusting yourself and feeling like a fundamental gently caress up. It can be devastating on the self-esteem.

Clitch posted:

If you go undiagnosed, it gets you called dumb and lazy your entire childhood and puts your self-worth in the toilet.

This this this this this this this this this this this this.

Grape fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 29, 2019

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jarvisi posted:

drat. Straight people never cease to amaze me. Blowing up a relationship over a handjob

Yeah I was thinking about that and decided I could probably get over a hj, that's about it though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jarvisi posted:

Lol x infinity

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yeah I was thinking about that and decided I could probably get over a hj, that's about it though.

A hj, sure, but don't make a habit of it honey

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

OP and his girlfriend sound like a stereotypical All-Expenses-Paid Resort Couple (the kind that you can find at basically any resort, doesn't matter which one), and while I want to say that they should stay together so as to not inflict themselves on anyone else I think that would be better accomplished with a suicide pact, so I strongly recommend that option instead.

The gently caress is wrong with you.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jarvisi posted:

thatsbait.gif

flushed a willing cuck outta the woodwork tho lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thatsbait.gif

flushed a willing cuck outta the woodwork tho lol

Uh you need a partner for that, IDIOT.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA my sister brought her randy boyfriend over for thanksgiving

quote:

He couldn’t hand passed out she asked if he can sleep in my daughters room my wife (drunk) said yes now they are both in there and they locked and closed the door I burst in and put something to keep it open and said it better stay that way RN but honestly idk how I feel about this I know I don’t like it if they close the door again would I be the rear end in a top hat for sending my sister home and her boyfriend too?

Edit: 10 am : sister (30) says her new internet boyfriend of the week is coming to my house for thanksgiving

5pm: he’s here doesn’t participate at all is very rude to my wife and he sits on the couch throwing a fit saying he is sleepy then Falls asleep on the couch.

6pm I draw dicks all over his face ( ultra washable markers) his sweat cleans them but he’s quietly yelling bitching at my sister about what I did just for a laugh who tf falls asleep at5:30?

10pm: my drunk wife gives my sister permission to let him and her sleep in my daughters room. (no hanky panky / no closed or locked door rules) were discussed! I was kept out of it and told After when my wife filled me in.

12pm: they all go to sleep(my wife,daughter in our room/ my sister and her random guy in my daughters) I stay up drinking with the neighbor till they left around 3am

3am: I go up open the locked door and put a chair in front of it (there both awake making a lot of noise well I’m trying to watch The mando ) I say you and my wife talked about this keep the door open!

3:01 am: I’m down the hall as quite as a ninja and am taking a poo poo writing this original post!

The door closes and locks.

I wipe. close reddit. And go in and put a rug in front of the door too keep it open and say serious-fuckingly the door stays loving open! ( it wreaks like jungle funk in the room)

3:10am I finish my poo poo reading Star Wars leaks.

The door closes and locks again.

I get up I twist the knob extra hard to bypass the lock and go in like George S. Patton saying, obvious-fuckingly you don’t under loving stand the loving rules sister so do I have to sleep here In the loving feet and chaperone you? Since you are so loving Insistint on having my daughters room door locked making all kinds of loving smacking lips noises?

She says what I’m doing is weird and if I let her get dressed she’ll leave with him if it’s making me uncomfortable & how dare I basically compare this guy to one of my mothers dangerous no good scummy old boyfriends.

I tell her for your sake I hope to god your fully clothed.

what I’m doing isn’t weird. What’s weird is you trying to sneak around with a random guy behind my daughters locked door.

I told them I’m the type of man that if I even want to get to know a woman I’d request it be in the presence of her family the whole time and I except the same level of respect or else id feel disrespected.

Which I do.

So either the door stayed the gently caress open all the way or he sleeps on the couches with me & her in my daughters room (I’m staying up watching Disney + all night anyways cause there is a random in my house)

3:20am: I go downstairs to get water they pack there blankets get dressed and leave

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's probably normal.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for not wanting to spend Thanksgiving at my cousins house , because of her legless fiancé?

quote:

I’ll try to be as short and discreet as I can. Richie (not their real name) is fiancé to a very close cousin of mine. In the last year and a half he lost both of his legs due to neglect on his part. (This is all I can say without being too specific.) I love my cousin dearly, she is a very sweet, and smart girl who deserves the world. I have spent every thanksgiving with my cousin as far as I can remember and when she started dating Richie I of course wanted to keep the tradition.

However, it is very hard for me to enjoy dinner there because he chain smokes cigarettes in the dining room. He does have the door to the back yard open, but it does very little to ventilate. Also the kitchen is connected to the dining room, the smell of the cigarettes saturates the food, and it ends up tasting like ash. He easily had a pack while we were there.

He also burped and hacked up phlegm throughout the evening every few minutes and never excused himself once. I know this could all be due to depression or other medical reasons from him losing his legs. I love my cousin and I can’t imagine not spending the holidays with her, but the whole time I was there I was miserable. My husband and I never want to do dinner there ever again, I had no appetite and was even gagging at some points.

AITA?

Edit to add detail

Throwaway account.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Turkey wasn't the only thing getting stuffed that night.

Boy just came down for some pie and sex. Way to cockblock, dad.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You've discovered an entirely new level of white trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for not wanting to spend Thanksgiving at my cousins house , because of her legless fiancé?

loved the detail about him being legless even though it had absolutely no bearing on the story at all, just a little flavour detail to colour the mental picture. I appreciate detail like that