Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Mopsy pregnancy arc is looking like a heck of a Maury episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strontium posted:

Viivi & Wagner

Wait, Wagner's an actual pig? He isn't just drawn as a pig because it's funny?

...oh.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

asecondduck posted:

...oh.

(the answer is yes, Viivi is a zoophile)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

asecondduck posted:

...oh.

It started as a comic about a little girl and her anthropomorphic piggy bank he drew on commission for a bank.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He's a cartoon character who is a pig (and has normal pigs as relatives), but acts like a human 99% of the time.

A classic example of "don't think about it too hard".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 8, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 8, 1998)

Garfield Classic (May 8, 1988)

asecondduck posted:

...oh.

I only know this because RandomPaul posted it a month ago: "The comic originally appeared in Kultapossu, a promotional children's magazine by a Finnish bank. In the original version of the comic, Viivi was a small girl and Wagner was her animate piggy bank. When the Kultapossu magazine was discontinued, Tuomola adapted the characters to fit a newspaper comic strip style, also changing the characters to adults in the process." More here.

edit: three other people remembered this while I was gettin' my comics uploaded

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 8, 1998)

Hard to believe Gene earning his red wings made it to print in '98.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Hard to believe Gene earning his red wings made it to print in '98.

:wow:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Heart

Docks

Zip

Rip

Thank goodness they specified that she was a baby when she was born.

Dick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Arlo's an Auburn fan, confirmed.

Star Wars is clever

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula

Pickles

Zits

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (Apr 10, 1951)

Calvin and Hobbes (Sept 27-28, 1986)

Robbie and Bobby (Oct 6-7, 2014)

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I've got the formula

Child makes a statement built to be inquired upon
Frazz makes tepid, tongue-in-cheek inquiry
Child expands upon statement
Frazz highlights how child's statement points out ironies in our society and/or culture
Child makes final zinger, preferably in format of """Observation!" -a child" -a grown man"

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus 2

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Okay, to be (at least a tiny bit) more even handed than I have been in the past, this is clearly meant to be taken as a "good for you, Tiff" moment, even though we don't yet know who she's calling. That said, how many Luann strips come with this exact same structure:

:j: I'm a tough strong independent woman who can do for myself and don't need no help from nobody!
*beat*
:j: Hey, can you help me with this?

where the joke is that :j: (who might be Tiff or Luann) is irresponsible/useless/selfish/an idiot for asking for help. We saw the same kind of thing when Tiff got all pumped up and excited that she was going to become a business major so she could make her own money and get away from Ann's financial abuse, but it was delivered as a joke that Tiff is so goddamn stupid for ever thinking she could succeed in business when she barely even knows what business is.

That doesn't seem to be what the Evanses are going for here. But it does somewhat undermine the intended sympathetic moment.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 30, 2019

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-TOon

Bizarro

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2016 Spiderman

1977 Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

God I love how Footrot Flats is so honest about how awful dogs are. They do not care about sentiment, they care about getting fed. (I say this with perfect love as I stare at my own brat, Apollo)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

And gleefully unsentimental about farm life. I know someone who lives in NZ who grew up on a farm, I wonder what they think about it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

God I love how Footrot Flats is so honest about how awful dogs are. They do not care about sentiment, they care about getting fed. (I say this with perfect love as I stare at my own brat, Apollo)

O keep the Dog far hence, that's friend to men,
Or with his nails he'll dig it up again!

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Get Fuzzy 11/29/99

Stephen Collins

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's implied you should have enough registers to handle a rush you sanctimonious stuart-wannabe!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Poil posted:

It's implied you should have enough registers to handle a rush you sanctimonious stuart-wannabe!

It's the weekend after thanksgiving. At that time, every available register in the store is typically already opened and manned.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Poil posted:

Nah. At the store I work at we get complaints all the time about how we don't have enough tills open and the lines or too long!

This is true even when all the tills are open and we cannot possibly open tills that aren't there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Haifisch posted:

Locher Tracy

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm going to guess she's calling Gunther.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Aw man its menopause.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

:lol:

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

:lol:

Apartment 3-G

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2RWc23v-Kw

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Someone who's never worked in retail posted:

It's the Christmas season: every register is open and manned, and will be from now to New Year, and every worker will be scheduled to the hilt.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Nice, doc.

Had a doctor say the same thing to me in my late 20's. Turns out I needed a new doctor and a visit to the endocrinologist!
Said doctor also said "You didn't see any fat Holocaust survivors."

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
I just spent three days catching up with the thread, solely for Mary Worth, only for it to turn into this?? :mad:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Alterian posted:

Had a doctor say the same thing to me in my late 20's. Turns out I needed a new doctor and a visit to the endocrinologist!

I had a doctor say a similar but different thing to me! I told him I suspected I might have something and he said, "Why do you care? That's usually diagnosed in little kids at school! You're almost [Age]!"

Gee, Doc, I don't know why I could possibly care if I've been putting up with something may be affecting my life and that's gone undiagnosed for decades.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Maybe she's pregnant with menopause. The menopause has cancer.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poil posted:

Definitely a good complaint for store level employees

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

RandomPauI posted:

Maybe she's pregnant with menopause. The menopause has cancer.

Aw gently caress no not a Funky Cancerbean cross over!

The Bloop posted:

Obviously she can change it, right?

Always amazes me to see the awful customers from Retail posting in this thread.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Dick Tracy

Seems like if you'd want to make absolutely sure any panel didn't get mirrored in print it would be this one

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Bloop posted:

She's the person in charge of the store and 100% representing grumbl by working there and wearing their uniform. Sure redesigning the store isn't easy but she's almost the clerk you'd except to see in Dustin when Ed goes shopping.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

quote:

Linton's unrelenting negativity is a perfect counter to Lottie's blue sky thinking. After countless mentions, I hope you're ready to see Wendlefield (the Shelbyville to Tackleford's Springfield) on Thursday. I bet it's great.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
In most stores adding new registers would be a matter of architecture and a remodel of the entire section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Alterian posted:

Were they implying that any fat people in the concentration camps died because they were unhealthy? Because :psyduck: