Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*turdfuzz casually beats the poo poo out of my son with his ape strength*

me: play nice with your brother, cobra commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder if Joe bit Cornpop's finger too

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

cumshitter posted:

lets keep it simple and not do math that i refuse to learn because learning is for the weak. i was born with all the knowledge i ever needed to know

Close but not quite. The way knowledge actually works is that once you share a piece of information, you can never recall it again. You are born with everything you need to know, but you must never share it with anyone.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dammerung posted:

Cosmetic steam items, most notably hats in Team Fortress 2, tend to be highly valued by nerds and worth surprisingly large amounts of money. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I am confirming that you might be able to turn a profit here.

There's an entire overwhelmingly chud culture that believes that buying cosmetic video game items is an act of personal expression and that making your computer video game guy get the visual powerup is worth actual money.

It's pathological.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Dammerung posted:

Cosmetic steam items, most notably hats in Team Fortress 2, tend to be highly valued by nerds and worth surprisingly large amounts of money. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I am confirming that you might be able to turn a profit here.

I ignored all those trading cards and poo poo for years, then a friend started breaking my balls so I spent an hour installing the phone app and putting all the stuff for sale on the marketplace and I made like $50 of steam credit

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nae! posted:

Close but not quite. The way knowledge actually works is that once you share a piece of information, you can never recall it again. You are born with everything you need to know, but you must never share it with anyone.

Homer: It's like that time I took that winemaking class and forgot how to drive.

Apr 7, 2003

ChristsDickWorship posted:

I ignored all those trading cards and poo poo for years, then a friend started breaking my balls so I spent an hour installing the phone app and putting all the stuff for sale on the marketplace and I made like $50 of steam credit

I got a library full of that poo poo and I'm not going to help enable mental illness

Not mad at you if you do, get what's yours

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ah konichiwa

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/BrentToderian/status/1200949443379384320

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trumop

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's an entire overwhelmingly chud culture that believes that buying cosmetic video game items is an act of personal expression and that making your computer video game guy get the visual powerup is worth actual money.

It's pathological.

excuse me, i am expressing myself by rolling gatcha dice for hours and spending thousands of dollars to make William Shakespeare my magical servant in a game where I can beat up anime schoolgirl versions of historical strongmen

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

there isn't any rhyme that she can associate herself like Teflon Don™️

the failya abuela

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

It's pathological.

It's weird, because they believe that and also panic whenever a video game features a protagonist who isn't a cishet white male or non-hyper-sexualized female-presenting characters. I personally love the idea of video games providing safe spaces for representation and inclusivity and hope that chud audiences don't stifle that freedom of expression.

ChristsDickWorship posted:

I might do this someday, but work's been good to me recently so I'm not too worried about money at the moment.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

I got a library full of that poo poo and I'm not going to help enable mental illness

Not mad at you if you do, get what's yours

It sucks rear end because you have to go thru and set a price for each thing, I havent done it again but it was cool to pick up a couple games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dressing up like a sexy car is not going to have the desired effect on automated vehicles

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1200951688057753600

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Fallom posted:

dressing up like a sexy car is not going to have the desired effect on automated vehicles

Cars don't gently caress, unlike planes

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
https://twitter.com/misyrlena/status/1200901764561752066

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
like finance is stupidly complicated and scary because with options and short selling and derivatives it's just an entirely alien and complex fiscal biome that you cant explain to people who only check in with you maybe a couple times a year

like im starting to get what it means to be a financial advisor: telling people poo poo they dont want to hear or even understand, and they pay me to understand it.

so my committment to finance is to stop explaining poo poo and just break poo poo with my fists in front of clients so they understand i am strong and i will fight for their money. also to convey the idea that i am so rich and successful that i can break things and not worry about the price

like go to investopedia and look up an options collar; a risk mitigating strategy where you immunizie yourself to market fluctuations at the cost of not realizing any returns, and try to explain that to some idiot who is willing to give you their money

i break poo poo. thats my persona as a financial advisor. i am strong, and I. FIHGHT. FOR. YOU!!!!!!

like i seriously cant wait to get my CPF certification and do late night ads of myself standing in front of a bookshelf or poo poo like a personal injury lawyer

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
give me all of your money. c'mon. do it, pussy

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

cumshitter posted:

give me all of your money. c'mon. do it, pussy

Okay!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1200957734675460098

Apr 7, 2003

Dammerung posted:

It's weird, because they believe that and also panic whenever a video game features a protagonist who isn't a cishet white male or non-hyper-sexualized female-presenting characters. I personally love the idea of video games providing safe spaces for representation and inclusivity and hope that chud audiences don't stifle that freedom of expression.

I'm a boring white cishet male, as is overwhelming obvious, but it's massively depressing to me that a space that seems custom made for people not like that to flourish has turned into a white supremacist dumpster

I was a massive misfit growing up in a PA coal town in the late nineties and finding the internet gave me a chance to be a weirdo without being censured for it

fast forward to 2019 and visual representations of who you are are being policed by literal nazis

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
clear STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEENNNTTTT DEEEBBBTTTTT

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/tragicgay111/status/771001805350113282

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/cakemittens/status/1200924961076060161

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

so i haven't logged into Steam in like four or five years but I wanted to play CS:GO and so I downloaded it.

as soon as I did so the Steam application told me I had one new item in my inventory so I clicked the little glyph and it showed me this

lol what the gently caress is wrong with literally everything in the world?

valve just gave you like 1 to 3 cents

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1200824832042164225

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Whatever the swamp doctor says, comply.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

whats funny is you can sell it for 5 cents but valve will rake 2 cents from the buyer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

rip England

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

I was a massive misfit growing up in a PA coal town in the late nineties

Isn't this the exact plot of Night in the Woods

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BONGHITZ posted:

I'm going to turn this loan into an empire worth billions of dollars like a True American

thanks papa gaben

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Selling off their healthcares a good thing if it hurts those people

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nae! posted:

Isn't this the exact plot of Night in the Woods

paul blart witch project

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I was a massive misfit growing up in a quaint mortal village... which of course eventually put me onto the path of cultivation

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

ok what is the yellow stripe for I gotta know.

loss prevention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

considering all the near misses i've had with automobiles

ya

crush car culture imo

amazing twitter account too, lots of really informative urban planning for reducing car culture outright