Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm really excited for the Advent Calendar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want mats, mats, mats, exchange tickets for mats, and more mats

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i hope christmas is the blue rider gem

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Factor_VIII posted:

How many westerners do you think have heard of the Shimabara rebellion? I'm a history buff and had read about it, but I'll wager that less than one in a thousand westerners are aware of it. I bet most people aren't even aware that there were any Christians in 17th century Japan.

Though to be fair Amakusa does rant about the shogunate mass-murdering Christians near the end of Shimousa, so his motives do get explained within the story even to someone who doesn't know anything about him.

I didn't know about Shimabara, I was just vaguely aware that there was anti-Christian prejudice and made the connection. :shrug:

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Pureauthor posted:

I did like the Big Reveal that Caster of Limbo was only pretending to be Abe no Seimei and was actually ASHIYA DOUMAN!!! when the vast majority of the english-speaking audience's response will be 'who?'

Yeah, count me among that crowd. I mean, it was kind of neat to learn about them after the fact, but it doesn't have quite the same impact. Oh well.

I was aware about how Japan pretty much banned Christianity way back when, so I could at least dig that villain's motives even if I wasn't entirely up on the Shimabara Rebellion.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

How many more singularities do I need to finish after Camelot? Cause as much as I enjoy the story of this one every fight having 1-2 waves of 90k hp trash mobs is dragging it out to insufferable lengths and Im not sure I can do it before the next event.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Christmas 3 requires Babylon (the next story) to be finished.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Furnaceface posted:

How many more singularities do I need to finish after Camelot? Cause as much as I enjoy the story of this one every fight having 1-2 waves of 90k hp trash mobs is dragging it out to insufferable lengths and Im not sure I can do it before the next event.

Babylonia and then Solomon, though Solomon is very short, basically just boss fights.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Babylonia is a much more fun singularity to actually play, at least.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

babylon has its own set of enforcement knight style enemies :shrug:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

dogsicle posted:

We're trying to be encouraging, dog!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

dogsicle posted:

They're less common at least? :shobon: And mostly backloaded to the end of the singularity

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
1st day of our Christmas login thing is a Summon Ticket.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
I finally finished Shinjuku, and I just didn't care for it. It doesn't help that I have no emotional investment in the Alters, and Crime Grandpa does nothing for me; it feels like a filter arc rather than an extension of the original story.

Onto Agartha, maybe it'll turn it around.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Ezelek posted:

Onto Agartha, maybe it'll turn it around.

It won't.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Pureauthor posted:

1st day of our Christmas login thing is a Summon Ticket.

It's a good sign.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Since I missed the recent one the grand prize being an sr ticket would be nice

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Squiddycat posted:

Sorry, what's an SR ticket supposed to be? It's the one where you choose a 4*?

Anyways I think the first Advent gift is going to be one of the better ones, to get players excited and stoke FOMO. I speculate that we're going to get things on par with the summon ticket (or better) only the last few days, like from the 21st or so. Still, I won't complain about whatever free poo poo they throw at us.

Comedy option, we get 500 evil bones the 24th and something really good the 25th, and the player base complains that they messed up the order.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Blue Rider Gem on the 25th or bust.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Squiddycat posted:

Tokens of hope, recovered from the encroaching dark.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Omobono posted:

Anyways I think the first Advent gift is going to be one of the better ones, to get players excited and stoke FOMO. I speculate that we're going to get things on par with the summon ticket (or better) only the last few days, like from the 21st or so. Still, I won't complain about whatever free poo poo they throw at us.

Comedy option, we get 500 evil bones the 24th and something really good the 25th, and the player base complains that they messed up the order.

Wait give me 500 bones jesus.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
broke: bones
woke: teeth
bespoke: spine juice

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

davinci will nicely give me all the bones i need in a month

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
I need more feathers for tamalancer so feathers please don't make me farm agartha or have to deal with salem first

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

dogsicle posted:

davinci will nicely give me all the EVERYTHING i need in a month

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

broke: bones
woke: teeth
bespoke: spine juice
I am down with the spine juice gang. Got several hundred bones and teeth, sub 50 spine fluids.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I almost threw a multi at the banner for a shot at DaVinci, but decided against it. I need to be strong for Eresh. Gotta be strong for blonde Rin.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

HGH posted:

I am down with the spine juice gang. Got several hundred bones and teeth, sub 50 spine fluids.

Yeah, apparently Hijikata loves those things ‘cause he needs a ton of them. And that’s after he already ate through most of the chain stock I’d built up during Nerofest.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

How does anyone have bones. Everyone needs like a bajillion of them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Omobono posted:

Yeah those. I'm relatively new so I'm not sure how often they show up, every six months to a year or something like that?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/daikonkudasaii/status/1200671635126095872

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

Yeah those. I'm relatively new so I'm not sure how often they show up, every six months to a year or something like that?

Once a year, in the fall season and usually attached to a download milestone banner.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Team S.M.U.G.

Shi Huang Di
Medb
Usermaatre (Oyzmandias)
Gilgamesh

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

taser rates posted:

Once a year, in the fall season and usually attached to a download milestone banner.

EN/Global did get a Pick Ticket last year (for thanksgiving I think?) that JP never got though, so its there is a slim possibility we'll get one...

I wouldn't get your hopes up, however.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wasn't that the tutorial-only ticket?

JP also had this year's ticket tied to the Babylon anime campaign so it'll likely look very different when we reach that point in two years.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Hey I'd take a tutorial servant only ticket rn, there's always space in my gay heart for Carmilla (though, considering the day 1 ticket blessed me with my 5th copy of Ibaraki literally right after I finished getting her max bond essence I already can't complain about my december haul lol)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ishtar Rin continues to be very cute.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
RIP half AP doors. You will be missed.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
For Da Vinci event. Posting for my own benefit, because I may not be able to find these videos again when the time comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WQTDFLGRj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UDNy6X8A8c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Roger Explosion posted:

RIP half AP doors. You will be missed.

Well we have the lotto in a few weeks so that'll be your chance to get as much QP as you want.