Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

He needs to have the other artist do it.

I sure as poo poo wouldn’t do it now that there is any sort of money issue involved.

She should do it for free for the exposure :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

extremely online posted:

Turns out you're in fact wrong and have brain problems

And you may be thirteen years old.

:thunk: Ask me about penis sizes

Edit: Oh wait I have you confused with carry on gently caress it close enough

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 1, 2019

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Araenna posted:

I'm autistic and also don't mourn the right way. and nah that's loving ableist as hell. I do have brain problems, and I do go to therapy, and the way I mourn people doesn't mean I'm unable to be a loving functioning member of society. You can be doing everything right and you're still gonna have whatever brain problem you have. The idea that people who have mental issues just aren't getting therapy or aren't trying because they still have symptoms of some sort is bull poo poo. What, exactly, do you want people who don't mourn the way you do to do, exactly?

I dunno man. I'd rather have people not mourn me when I'm dead than call me a monster when I'm alive. I guess maybe my definition of what makes someone a bad person is also really hosed up tho

Wait you actually proved his point. You've acknowledged that not mourning correctly isn't normal and that you've sought therapy for your "brain problems" in order to function more effectively. Maybe calling you a monster is a little rude, but the point is you guys are on the same side. What should people without empathy do exactly? Acknowledge it's an issue and seek therapy, as you have done. Pretending it's normal would be the bad direction to go.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

He needs to have the other artist do it.

I sure as poo poo wouldn’t do it now that there is any sort of money issue involved.

I wouldn't want a tattoo done by someone I was dating anyway. What if you break up and it's really nasty? Even if the tattoo had nothing to do with them otherwise, you're gonna think about them every time you see it. And god forbid there's anything about it you don't like. Once you break up you'd be kicking yourself for not going with the artist you really wanted for a piece of art that'll be on you forever to avoid some awkwardness and maybe an argument with someone you only dated for 2 years.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You....you can’t therapy your way to empathy.

That’s not how therapy works. It can’t make you feel emotions

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Crimson posted:

Wait you actually proved his point. You've acknowledged that not mourning correctly isn't normal and that you've sought therapy for your "brain problems" in order to function more effectively. Maybe calling you a monster is a little rude, but the point is you guys are on the same side. What should people without empathy do exactly? Acknowledge it's an issue and seek therapy, as you have done. Pretending it's normal would be the bad direction to go.

Calling people autistic people monsters for not performative grieving in the proper way is not a good point.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Calling people autistic people monsters for not performative grieving in the proper way is not a good point.

Wasn't even the thrust of extremely online's posts, and the word monster was used by a totally different poster. I also acknowledged that's rude as hell, and it's counter productive, but araenna wrote a long meandering post that actually agreed with the thought that those behavior patterns are abnormal and deserving of therapy, which is true. And no, that doesn't mean we should treat them like lepers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crimson posted:

Wasn't even the thrust of extremely online's posts, and the word monster was used by a totally different poster. I also acknowledged that's rude as hell, and it's counter productive, but araenna wrote a long meandering post that actually agreed with the thought that those behavior patterns are abnormal and deserving of therapy, which is true. And no, that doesn't mean we should treat them like lepers.

Therapy would do literally nothing, it’s not a magic cure all

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Crimson posted:

Except it is normal. We don't even address it in therapy, because it's not a problem. It doesn't hurt anyone. There's nothing to fix. I have brain problems and some of those need fixing. But most of my therapy centers in how my brain working differently isn't something that needs "fixing" and doesn't make me a monster. My point is that going to therapy isn't a cure all that makes people "normal". Not being "cured" of how you mourn doesn't mean you're a bad person. Some people's brains work a certain way, and that's just how it is.

Also, how the gently caress is calling someone a monster for how their brain works "a little rude"? It's straight up ableism. Like maybe the problem isn't that I don't mourn in the right way, but that people call me a monster for it.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Therapy would do literally nothing, it’s not a magic cure all

Ah OK, do nothing then. I forgot therapy has never helped anyone.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

“Broken brain” whatever terminology he’s using is besides the point, it’s inconsiderate and bad and particularly ironic since he’s one of the posters that gets hypersensitive about his pet causes.

Not grieving in the normal way doesn’t make you a loving psychopath ffs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Crimson posted:

Therapy helps with some problems it’s not all or nothing.

Unless there is something we don’t know this is one of the nothing ones.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

This isn’t a fun derail anyway now let’s debate how how my healthy my grieving process of giving strippers handies is.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Crimson posted:

what do you mean i don't need antibiotics because i have the flu why does anyone bother with antibiotics at all then??

edit^: that combined with CBT is the only way my therapist and i have worked out for me to express my feelings of grief honestly

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Araenna posted:

I wouldn't want a tattoo done by someone I was dating anyway. What if you break up and it's really nasty? Even if the tattoo had nothing to do with them otherwise, you're gonna think about them every time you see it. And god forbid there's anything about it you don't like. Once you break up you'd be kicking yourself for not going with the artist you really wanted for a piece of art that'll be on you forever to avoid some awkwardness and maybe an argument with someone you only dated for 2 years.

Yeah this too actually.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Araenna posted:

I'm autistic

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Araenna posted:

I will be upset when my mother and fiance die. I was upset when my father died. I was upset when my grandmother died when I was 10. I was upset but mostly relieved when my terrible grandmother died when I was an adult. I don't really think I've actually had anyone else really close die, and I haven't really mourned anyone else at all. People die and that sucks. And I care about people mourning and don't think they're suckers or whatever strawman keeps getting brought it.

This already makes you a world apart from the OP. She admitted that she questions her ability to get upset at the hypothetical loss of her husband, the person she should be emotionally closest to. There's a difference between processing grief differently than others and not being capable of feeling any sort of loss at all.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Araenna posted:

Except it is normal.

If not being able to have empathy or show emotions properly was normal you wouldn't be in therapy. That's the whole point of treatment. Whatever direction your therapist takes it, they are trying to help you work through that and deal with it in the best ways possible. We can all agree you're not a monster to be deprogrammed and fixed. You're arguing points I never made. No one deserves to be insulted for having mental health issues, just like you don't yell at somebody for having a brain tumor or cancer. But you're not helping anyone having trouble coping with mental health issues by insisting that abnormal behavior doesn't or can't benefit from treatment or that it's all totally normal, no need to seek treatment for behaviors most of the population would consider highly abnormal.

We also don't know what issues the woman has specifically, but from an armchair psychology perspective I don't think it's a stretch to say she might be on the spectrum and is untreated, and acknowledging it and learning coping mechanisms could possibly benefit her. That's really not an outlandish position.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Do you know what the word coping means? It means dealing with something not creating something from thin air.

In effect with a coping mechanism nothing would really change for the husband.

Ironically he could use therapy so he could cope with her position

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This actually made it onto a local news site, because it must be a slow day.

AITA for not doing photos for my friend's wedding?

quote:

Final edit: Got a call from an officer, my wife and I went down and did one more statement. Bridezilla and her Dad were both arrested last night after I called it in. They had all the evidence they needed from social media and the messages I submitted. I'm not sure what happens next but I'm glad action is being taken and the state is taking the case. The phone calls and stop ins have muted and I'll likely be subpoenaed to testify I think. My main takeaway is to never placate an rear end in a top hat and to call the cops and then ask questions later when you're being criminally harassed. Thank you all so much for your opinions, this post lightened the mood for me a bit and I feel validated knowing according to most of you I'm NTA. Have a great day. I will update if any more fun happens.

Edit: Context.

Edit: Thanks for your opinions, I accept them all and my wife is "providing context" to some of the ruder comments. We contacted law enforcement because of the ongoing harrassment from bridezilla. If mods need to close this down because of that, it's fine. I will update later with what comes of the legal action. Definitely learned my lesson not to entertain the demands of assholes. Have a great day, threats in my inbox were a bit much fyi.

My friend got married last week, she needed a photographer. A few months before the wedding she asked me to shoot her wedding because I'm a photographer. This is the rate she threw at me:

"You pay us $50 and then start taking photos that you can sell at the wedding to people who want them. That way we can use the money for the wedding and you still might get paid."

I said no obviously. But nicely. She was very upset with this and started to cry when I said I'd do the wedding for just $50 which is way below my rate. She started with the bridezilla anger stuff which I had to deflect for an hour until she called me a "bad friend" and said she'd do the same for me.

Eventually she left in a huff. I just shrugged it off. Then I started getting phone calls and messages in the following weeks from mutual friends and even her family who I've never met Soon I'm getting messages from people saying I'm selfish and that I'm ruining my best friend"s wedding (they overestimate our friendship) and even that I should be ashamed for leaving a friend "out in the cold." So I said I'd do it for free, because why not. Free booze. That wasn't good enough. She was insistent I pay her.

Phone calls and messages persisted, getting all scorched earth. Several dozen calls in the same day and several HUNDRED texts. We would get a "stop in" at least once per day which became increasingly threatening. It was turning into a poo poo show. So I finally just told her I'd do it and pay her on the wedding day. I never had intention of showing up at this point. Because they just wouldn't gently caress off no matter how many times I told them to. This was about 3 weeks before from the wedding.

Silence, beautiful silence. Not another word of contact. Then the wedding day arrives. I made sure to sleep in and have a real nice, lazy day off. Around noon the calls start rolling in.

"Where the gently caress are you?", "Wheres my money?", "I can't believe you ruined blah blah blah"

I got literally a hundred or more texts in 30 minutes and a half a dozen phone calls complete with angry voicemails. I didn't pick up. Around 3, I see a car roll up to my place and it's her dad. He starts beating on my door and yelling after I wont answer. After a few minutes he fucks off, and the text messages stopped later in the evening.

The next day I start getting even more texts and calls. People saying I really hosed everyone over, the bride needed $50 to pay her officiant which they had to then crowdsource. There were no pictures other than cell phone shots from guests. Apparently I was "called out" in the best man's speech.

My wife in on my side, but the story is all over all my social media and everyone is mad at me. My Mom even gave me poo poo. I see no need to defend my actions to anyone. My wife and I are cool and that's all I really need.

AITA?

Edit: Mugshot came from the wrong news story!

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 1, 2019

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

chitoryu12 posted:

This entire post is absolutely mind-boggling. The bride insisted the photographer had to pay her? And hinged her budget on having the cash from that to pay the officiant? And people still took her side??! :psyduck:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

My Mom even gave me poo poo.

Edit: Mugshot came from the wrong news story!

Ok what in the gently caress state is this??

That’s the most insane story I’ve read about a wedding in a while.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't know nothing about nothing when it comes to weddings, but I am under the impression that paying 50 dollars for a wedding photographer would be a steal. Is there something in the drinking water where that happened?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is there something in the drinking water where that happened?

This is why I really need to know what crazy rear end state this is.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dazerbeams posted:

This already makes you a world apart from the OP. She admitted that she questions her ability to get upset at the hypothetical loss of her husband, the person she should be emotionally closest to. There's a difference between processing grief differently than others and not being capable of feeling any sort of loss at all.

I feel like this really misses the point. "Oh, but you're not as bad as this person, so it's different." Except it's not? I do get called a monster for not mourning hard enough. Just because to you it doesn't cross the line from "processing differently" to "not processing at all" doesn't mean it doesn't for others. I honestly don't know how upset I'll be at my fiance and mother dying. Judging by past experiences, it'll be a lot less and for not nearly as long as will be expected of me. I will likely talk about it in ways that make people uncomfortable again. I will likely not get upset in situations or conversations people will expect me to. In fact, I'm pretty sure the the way I'm reacting to my fiance's father's death would probably be considered on the level of that woman's reaction to her cousin dying. It sucks. But he had Alzheimer's and was in a nursing home. I've been hoping he'd go fast like this for years. It's objectively a good thing in most ways and I personally don't feel anything but relief it happened sooner rather than later. I feel bad for his mom and family, but also 100% believe they're better off for it. I'm sure I'll cry at the funeral but I also literally will cry at a commercial so I'm not sure that speaks much to the actual amount of grief I feel. Honestly, before I lost my father, I would have answered very similarly to that woman if asked about being upset if my fiance died. Because at that point, going by how I reacted to my grandmothers' deaths, I wouldn't really be sure either.

Crimson posted:

If not being able to have empathy or show emotions properly was normal you wouldn't be in therapy. That's the whole point of treatment. Whatever direction your therapist takes it, they are trying to help you work through that and deal with it in the best ways possible. We can all agree you're not a monster to be deprogrammed and fixed. You're arguing points I never made. No one deserves to be insulted for having mental health issues, just like you don't yell at somebody for having a brain tumor or cancer. But you're not helping anyone having trouble coping with mental health issues by insisting that abnormal behavior doesn't or can't benefit from treatment or that it's all totally normal, no need to seek treatment for behaviors most of the population would consider highly abnormal.

We also don't know what issues the woman has specifically, but from an armchair psychology perspective I don't think it's a stretch to say she might be on the spectrum and is untreated, and acknowledging it and learning coping mechanisms could possibly benefit her. That's really not an outlandish position.

Why do you assume I'm in therapy because I don't show empathy and emotions properly? Where did I say that no one needs therapy because everything is normal? This specific thing we're discussing is fine. Just because the rest of the population considers it abnormal doesn't mean it's a problem. If it's not hurting someone and isn't disruptive to life, why does it need to be changed? Who's it hurting? What's the problem? It's also a thing that can't be fixed or worked on in the way people seem to be implying. What do you do about it? How do you make people feel things? You can teach people how to process grief in healthier ways. But how do you teach someone to manifest an emotion entirely? Or to make an emotion stronger? Why would you teach them to more strongly feel a negative emotion such as grief? Not to actually feel and process an emotion they're suppressing. But to feel something they just don't. What is there to work through? What exactly do you think I'm dealing with? Because what I'm "dealing with" is the judgement from others and the shame they make me feel. It otherwise has no negative impact on my life in any way. If anything it has a positive impact because I grieve less. What should my therapy's end goal be, exactly?

Edit:^should have reloaded. i want to know the other side's story because i can't figure out how so many people could be on the bride's side

Araenna fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 1, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

This entire post is absolutely mind-boggling. The bride insisted the photographer had to pay her? And hinged her budget on having the cash from that to pay the officiant? And people still took her side??! :psyduck:

This person’s mother took the bride’s side. What kind of trashy dirt bag universe do they live in?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fallom posted:

This person’s mother took the bride’s side. What kind of trashy dirt bag universe do they live in?

San Francisco area?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The mugshot I accidentally had up at first came from this story from Texas:

quote:

It happened Saturday at Parker Manor, a wedding venue operated by The Springs Events located near Weatherford. Photographer Katie Mehta, 26, was documenting a wedding, but according to the Parker County Sheriff, the bride and groom got more than they bargained for.

An arrest report spells out the details. An off-duty sheriff’s deputy was working security at the wedding. According to the report, “he was advised by the wedding party that a female subject [Mehta] had been found having sexual intercourse with a male there.”

The report says Mehta was told her behavior was inappropriate, and she left a building and began to yell outside near a water fountain. Officers advised her to leave the property, but she then “went to a tree nearby and began to urinate,” the document says.

According to the report, deputies noticed “a strong odor of alcohol” on Mehta and eventually found a bottle of prescription alprazolam in her jacket, which they believe Mehta was mixing.

Mehta was arrested and taken to jail, and report says that while en route she made several violent and vulgar threats toward officers.

“Y’alls daughters are dead,” Mehta said, according to the report. “Y’all families will be dead by Christmas.”

Mehta is a photographer and also a swimsuit model who uses the professional name Max McIntyre. She regularly posts modeling videos to YouTube and Instagram pages.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I guess it's west of fort worth, texas

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Araenna posted:

I'm autistic and also don't mourn the right way. and nah that's loving ableist as hell. I do have brain problems, and I do go to therapy, and the way I mourn people doesn't mean I'm unable to be a loving functioning member of society. You can be doing everything right and you're still gonna have whatever brain problem you have. The idea that people who have mental issues just aren't getting therapy or aren't trying because they still have symptoms of some sort is bull poo poo. What, exactly, do you want people who don't mourn the way you do to do, exactly?

I will be upset when my mother and fiance die. I was upset when my father died. I was upset when my grandmother died when I was 10. I was upset but mostly relieved when my terrible grandmother died when I was an adult. I don't really think I've actually had anyone else really close die, and I haven't really mourned anyone else at all. People die and that sucks. And I care about people mourning and don't think they're suckers or whatever strawman keeps getting brought it.

But yes helping with funeral arrangements sucks who the gently caress wants to do that? Who the gently caress is going "man I'm really sad Uncle Jimmy died but at least I get to have all my plans thrown into the shitter and have to arrange a funeral and get 30 people from all over the country into one place with a week's notice sure don't wish I didn't have to do that!" How does the thought "gently caress I hope they had this all figured already because I don't want to have to handle this poo poo" going through my head make me a monster?

I was a caregiver with my mom for my grandmother and then father. It was such a relief when they died. I was upset, especially about my father, but it was still a relief. I still have nightmares that he is alive again, and I have to take him to chemo on the morning but haven't slept because his colostomy bag popped off again and then he fell again and then oops there goes the urostomy bag.
And that's probably a more understandable relief than not having to buy a Christmas gift. But acknowledging good things that come from someone's death, even small things, doesn't make you a loving monster. Being relieved you don't have a responsibility any more is just how loving human brains work.

And you're not evil for trying to pretend to have emotions others shame you and literally call you a monster for not having! How is that it not ableist? This is something autistic people do constantly for this exact reason! Like what the gently caress do you want? If I don't feel the correct feelings I'm a broken monster. If I fake the feelings I'm a lying sociopath. If I go to therapy and it doesn't make me magically feel emotions I just don't process in that way I'm just.. more of a monster?

I dunno man. I'd rather have people not mourn me when I'm dead than call me a monster when I'm alive. I guess maybe my definition of what makes someone a bad person is also really hosed up tho

you said that you would be upset, and also that you would not want to do the logistical things around a funeral. there’s nothing wrong with that! the OP of that post, however, could not even say she would be upset. she was not certain that she would be upset if her husband died. I at least (don’t know about other posters) am not gatekeeping how upset someone has to be, or saying that not looking forward to the logistics of a funeral at the same time is wrong. people have different levels of emotional reaction, and different ranges of how upset it’s possible to be. but unless she has no capacity to be upset or emotionally affected by anything at all, I do think that not imagining that you’d be bothered by the death of the person you chose to marry does say something about how much you care about that person.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

you said that you would be upset, and also that you would not want to do the logistical things around a funeral. there’s nothing wrong with that! the OP of that post, however, could not even say she would be upset. she was not certain that she would be upset if her husband died. I at least (don’t know about other posters) am not gatekeeping how upset someone has to be, or saying that not looking forward to the logistics of a funeral at the same time is wrong. people have different levels of emotional reaction, and different ranges of how upset it’s possible to be. but unless she has no capacity to be upset or emotionally affected by anything at all, I do think that not imagining that you’d be bothered by the death of the person you chose to marry does say something about how much you care about that person.
I think if she would not be upset about no longer being able to see her loved ones ever again then probably something really is wrong in the 'loved' part.

Which is why I said it's probably best for her to see a therapist and figure out if there's really a huge disconnect or what. If there is, it's not going to fix the underlying issue, but it might help her going forward.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Araenna posted:

Why do you assume I'm in therapy because I don't show empathy and emotions properly? Where did I say that no one needs therapy because everything is normal? This specific thing we're discussing is fine. Just because the rest of the population considers it abnormal doesn't mean it's a problem. If it's not hurting someone and isn't disruptive to life, why does it need to be changed? Who's it hurting? What's the problem? It's also a thing that can't be fixed or worked on in the way people seem to be implying. What do you do about it? How do you make people feel things? You can teach people how to process grief in healthier ways. But how do you teach someone to manifest an emotion entirely? Or to make an emotion stronger? Why would you teach them to more strongly feel a negative emotion such as grief? Not to actually feel and process an emotion they're suppressing. But to feel something they just don't. What is there to work through? What exactly do you think I'm dealing with? Because what I'm "dealing with" is the judgement from others and the shame they make me feel. It otherwise has no negative impact on my life in any way. If anything it has a positive impact because I grieve less. What should my therapy's end goal be, exactly?

I assumed you have trouble showing empathy because you expressly stated you share the same issue as the OP: grieving improperly. Others took it a bit more directly, insinuating therapy doesn't do anything, but you also seem confused on what therapy is for and what help it's capable of providing. It's not just to help people cope with their issues while keeping their current behaviors the same, it can also be a tool to help people recognize destructive behaviors (whether personally destructive or hurtful to those around them) and help them take steps to change those behaviors. You're also taking a way overly simplistic viewpoint of emotion. Your therapist isn't just gonna say, "You're not feeling sad enough. Try feeling sad right now. Feel more sad until people think it's appropriate." There are often underlying issues or traumas that could be preventing them from emoting.

Also, I don't know exactly what you're dealing with, but if people regularly make you feel shame for your behavior I would say that's a pretty huge negative impact on your life. You can certainly learn to deal with the shame, because we all know you're not going to change other people, but I also hope you're introspective enough to examine where you might also be able to change your own behaviors to better navigate this cruel world full of assholes.

Also, to specifically answer your question on why we should feel grief (and why people expect it), it's because grief is an adaptive trait that's been with us since the caveman days. It reflects your bond with your fellow man, and lack of it shows those around you that you lack empathy for the living. If you had empathy and cared for those around you, how could you possibly not feel a profound sense of grief and loss when they're gone? Unless of course your view of the next stage of human evolution is to be an unfeeling cyborg with no empathy or remorse.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I developed empathy after watching a male stripper receive a sad, sad handjob from a wedding party while being told to pay the bride 50 dollars.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

chitoryu12 posted:

The mugshot I accidentally had up at first came from this story from Texas:

You hire an influencer you get what you deserve.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I developed empathy after watching a male stripper receive a sad, sad handjob from a wedding party while being told to pay the bride 50 dollars.

Hey now, that's a bit unfair.

We haven't had a massive stupid derail about the photographer story. Give it time, it only just got posted.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

We haven't had a massive stupid derail about the photographer story. Give it time, it only just got posted.

What is there to derail about? It’s a pretty straight forward fuckin wild story.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The secret sauce is that someone needs to present the thread with a hot take. Someone taking the bride's side in earnest would do the trick. However I'm not sure there's a goon that far gone.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Bride is a lying-rear end witch. She went on social media and made the photog out to be some great best friend when they, by all appearances, just happen to be casual friends.

So yeah, I can totally believe that OMG WEDDING idiocy coupled with her making some elaborate story about how suuuuuuper expensive the photographer was but were paid in advance and then offered the bride $50 to "help out" got people on the wrong side.

Wedding services are pricey as gently caress and I can totally see people minimizing the photographer's work as "well *I* can just use portrait mode on my iphone why are *they* so special they need hundred of dollars for this poo poo!"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

MarcusSA posted:

What is there to derail about? It’s a pretty straight forward fuckin wild story.

Mr. Lobe posted:

The secret sauce is that someone needs to present the thread with a hot take. Someone taking the bride's side in earnest would do the trick. However I'm not sure there's a goon that far gone.

That's the joke I was going for. Sorry, I'll try harder next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

/r/relationships: Grief stricken stripper handjobs in the tubby