Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Get on the LLJK community. There's been the obvious drop-off as people got back on for the season then moved on, but it's still relatively active.

Unrelated:

I've dropped Bane of the Trapped for the mini conduit pylon gem, and with the larger lightning damage Tempest Rush rune plus Patterns it's incredibly satisfying and I'm still pushing GR 90, if fragile. I should sub out the Squirt amulet for something better since the damage output is more than fine and I'm usually taking damage anyway no matter how quickly I'm running around.

/e I've never run with what I've always considered the Deadmau5 amulet and with CDR and ORZ I've got 100% Epiphany uptime so that could be entertaining. Think I've got an ancient Moonlight Ward in storage, that's a mechanic I haven't played with and I am always hitting enemies within 15 yards. Don't know how weapon damage has been cranked up in my build, though.

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

MariusLecter posted:

You'll get plans each bounty till you have them all.

Not sure if they are gated by Torment levels tho. If you have everything else then Captn Crimson plans should drop at T16 if you take the above posters offer.

I was doing t16 bounties for my captains set and there were a few of them that didn't give any plans before I finally got them

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Thanks for the info etc guys.
I'll up the torment levels and see how it goes. I can most likely manage T13 maybe 14 or so, I've just stuck at 10 as it's fast and brainless.
TBH, I should increase it anyway as my gear is getting better due to getting nice dupes.
If I have no luck I'll (finally) try multiplayer with some of my fellow lljk peoples

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Adolf Glitter posted:

Over the weekend I've done 250 bounties (at T10). I've done loads over the last 2 weeks too, maybe 7-800 plus by now.
No Crimson plan.
In fact I think I have every plan now as they've long since ceased dropping.

I'm guessing it's just RNG? Is there any particular bounty to do, or just suck it up and keep praying?

You are definitely not alone in this. A lot of people, myself very much included, are stuck waiting for this rear end in a top hat's stupid pants.

It's been suggested that I try opening caches on other heroes, which has the added bonus of playing a build that doesn't need them in the meantime.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Haha, yeah, When I search for the item online, most of the results are about them not dropping (yet)
I logged in and quickly cross-check and I have every other craftable set.
I guess this is the RNG price to pay for getting RRoG on the first try, and a gift dropping minutes later

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Well I'm working on bounties now, drop in and I'll tag you in.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Definitely seems like a bug with that set.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Yahoo!! Got it :-)

I think it must be torment level gated as people have mentioned.

On my lunch break so I quickly jumped from T10 to T13 for the first time and it dropped from the first cache.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

lol welp guess i'll keep all these bounties to myself and whoever's online

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The game just gets off on being withholding.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

You'll get plans each bounty till you have them all.

Not sure if they are gated by Torment levels tho. If you have everything else then Captn Crimson plans should drop at T16 if you take the above posters offer.

Nah this is a known bug. Happened to me in non seasons. I had to do about 75 acts worth of T16 bounties to get my Crimson plan. It might help to switch which character you run the bounties with or which opens the actual cache, not sure though.

FFT posted:

I've dropped Bane of the Trapped for the mini conduit pylon gem, and with the larger lightning damage Tempest Rush rune plus Patterns it's incredibly satisfying and I'm still pushing GR 90, if fragile. I should sub out the Squirt amulet for something better since the damage output is more than fine and I'm usually taking damage anyway no matter how quickly I'm running around.

PoJ is probably the tankiest build in the game, eventually you'll be gated by damage you do, not dying. Are you running Crystal Fist? You can cube Aquila over Mantle of Channeling for more tankiness as well. Best neck is Flavor of Time, but an elemental absorb amulet like Mara's is also great.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 2, 2019

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I'm trying to do the Barb's Might of the Earth Set Dungeon. I've never done a set dungeon before but it's literally impossible for me to do any of the objectives with my build.

I'm supposed to leap, stomp and earthquake every elite on the floor in that order. But they die instantly from the leap alone. And the dungeon ignores difficulty?!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Vic posted:

I'm trying to do the Barb's Might of the Earth Set Dungeon. I've never done a set dungeon before but it's literally impossible for me to do any of the objectives with my build.

I'm supposed to leap, stomp and earthquake every elite on the floor in that order. But they die instantly from the leap alone. And the dungeon ignores difficulty?!

Wastes dungeon set wants you to Rend 10 enemies at a time and also take no damage.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Vic posted:

yeah set dungeons are notorious for being completely antithetical to how you actually play with the set. You might wanna check out the icy veins guide for it, it'll give you a build & strategy for clearing it

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You need to unequip a ton of gear for a lot of the set dungeons. Like I'll just use an unsocketed rare weapon and go half nake if there's an objective that requires you to not one shot stuff.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Just do IK, it's very easy.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Kyrosiris posted:

Just do IK, it's very easy.

Thanks for the tip. I wish they got rid of the set dungeons entirely or give you a premade build like with the challenge rift. This is some stupid poo poo

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, this game hangs on to a lot of useless poo poo. Get rid of GRift Keys, get rid of Set Dungeons, bring back the RMAH.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, this game hangs on to a lot of useless poo poo. Get rid of GRift Keys, get rid of Set Dungeons, bring back the RMAH.

GRift keys are effectively infinite with t16. And t16 rifts are more fun than 1:00 grifts.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I just got the switch version. Can't run the challenge rift until I finish a greater rift. Rift keys only drop at end game right? Or is it dependent on torment difficulty?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Rift keys drop after you hit lv 70, then you can run the CR

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
I'm playing a Rend/WW Barb build right now. I have made it to GR93 (solo), but don't know if I can get much further than this. Last night I added two pieces of Captain Crimson's set (I am using RoRG) and it bumped be up a couple GR levels.

Not sure how to easily share my build (playing on Switch), but it's something like:

5pc WotW set — decent but not great rolls, maybe one piece is Ancient, nothing primal
Bul-Kathos's vow swords — both ancient, both good rolls, both socketed (1 with Gift) with 130% crit dmg gems
jewelry: currently using an Ancient RoRG, an ancient amulet with no special legendary skill (Eye of Etlich I think), and a Primal Band of Might socketed with Taeguk
2pc Captain Crimson set - belt and pants. Neither is ancient

In the Cube I am using Ambo's Pride for weapon, Lamentation for armor, and ORotZ for jewelry.

My character sheet numbers are something like 1300K damage, 22~M toughness, and I forget what for regen.

In GR's, I am constantly Leaping all over the place (to proc Band of Might's damage reduction) and now that I switched over to Captain Crimson I'm pretty sure I have 100% uptime on Wrath of the Berserker.

I seem to be doing okay on survivability as long as I make sure to keep Wrath + Band of Might DR% up but I am plateauing on damage. Killing the rift guardian on 93 took forever.

What should I be focusing on to keep pushing forward on GR's? Is pushing GR 100+ feasible as a solo character?

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Sorry if this is obvious, but if you have the mats you can relatively easy get ancient Cap Crimson set items. Also, the one weapon that is not socketed with a Gift, you can re-roll the socket and then socket it with gift (again, sorry if this is obvious to you).

Regarding amulet, everybody seems to love Flavor of Time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are your gems fully leveled? And crit and critical hit damage in as many pieces of gear as possible? Barb should have a pretty easy time killing stuff through GR105+. You're using Stricken Trapped and Taeguk? Some people take Pain Enhancer when try Harding but you don't really need that.

e:
I did 105 in 5 minutes with this. My gear is decent but not incredible. And I have 1 augment.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/72230534

Also your leap is possibly a better choice than ground stomp, I should try that.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 3, 2019

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
I skipped last season, so I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but is the "The Thrill" conquest considered easier now that the legacy of dreams gem exists?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
How are monks this season? Only class I've never really played. Looking for something lazy yet powerful.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So I've encountered an odd bug: when running the game in fullscreen mode, the Large Cursor option actually turns the cursor invisible. It still works, technically, I just can't see the drat thing. A couple of other folks appear to have had this issue as well, but I couldn't find a proper solution anywhere. Don't suppose anyone here has one? (Other than "don't use Large Cursor" or "don't run in fullscreen mode", anyway.)

The Little Kielbasa posted:

How are monks this season? Only class I've never really played. Looking for something lazy yet powerful.
The builds enabled by the new monk set, Patterns of Justice, are pretty similar to the barbarian's classic WotW build – you Tempest Rush into stuff and it dies. It's pretty powerful judging from what I've read, though I haven't quite gotten there myself yet.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

Per posted:

Sorry if this is obvious, but if you have the mats you can relatively easy get ancient Cap Crimson set items. Also, the one weapon that is not socketed with a Gift, you can re-roll the socket and then socket it with gift (again, sorry if this is obvious to you).

Regarding amulet, everybody seems to love Flavor of Time.

Not obvious, I'm relatively new to high level D3. Thanks for the tips. I did go ham on trying to get Ancient Cap Crimson pants but gave up after like 15 or so tries. I might try again.

Also a very good idea to roll off the socket and then Gift it back. Didn't think about that.

bamhand posted:

Are your gems fully leveled? And crit and critical hit damage in as many pieces of gear as possible? Barb should have a pretty easy time killing stuff through GR105+. You're using Stricken Trapped and Taeguk? Some people take Pain Enhancer when try Harding but you don't really need that.

e:
I did 105 in 5 minutes with this. My gear is decent but not incredible. And I have 1 augment.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/72230534

Also your leap is possibly a better choice than ground stomp, I should try that.
No, my legendary gems are a real weak point. I'm only using one (Taeguk) and it's about level 35 right now. Getting socketed jewelry and adding Bane of Stricken and Bane of Trapped are next on my list.

How did you get that primal Bul-Kathos sword? Sheer luck or did you constantly reroll an existing item?

Also, what is Caldesann's Despair?
edit: nevermind just googled and answered my own question. Augments! Haven't done any of those yet.

Leap is really nice with Band of Might because the cooldown is like, 2-3 seconds or something, and the final rune allows for a 3-second stun.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey so I’m leveling a fresh account on my Switch and I’m wondering what’s the best way to solo level as a barb with no support EXP items.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

minya posted:

Not obvious, I'm relatively new to high level D3. Thanks for the tips. I did go ham on trying to get Ancient Cap Crimson pants but gave up after like 15 or so tries. I might try again.

Also a very good idea to roll off the socket and then Gift it back. Didn't think about that.
No, my legendary gems are a real weak point. I'm only using one (Taeguk) and it's about level 35 right now. Getting socketed jewelry and adding Bane of Stricken and Bane of Trapped are next on my list.

How did you get that primal Bul-Kathos sword? Sheer luck or did you constantly reroll an existing item?

Also, what is Caldesann's Despair?
edit: nevermind just googled and answered my own question. Augments! Haven't done any of those yet.

Leap is really nice with Band of Might because the cooldown is like, 2-3 seconds or something, and the final rune allows for a 3-second stun.

Was thinking the armor buff for leap would be nice. My main concern would be the animation takes a while instead of being really fast for ground stomp. I just found the primal BK sword rifting. It's really not that much of an upgrade from ancient tbh. Keep in mind each GR level is approximately 15% more hp than the last, stacking exponentially. Individual upgrades won't make a big difference, though obviously getting a ton of them will add up, but probably still not as much as you might think. A high level Bane of the Stricken and Bane of the Trapped should be what you work on next. Stricken will speed up the RG A TON.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

minya posted:

...an ancient amulet with no special legendary skill

Come to flavor town:
http://us.diablo3.com/en/item/the-flavor-of-time-P66_Unique_Amulet_001

This can be ridiculous.

It can also be useless if you're unlucky with pylons, and the stats tend toward the not-very-damaging (and if you're me it takes 80 rolls to get a socket on the fucker - a socket is a must), but when you stack a couple of good doubled pylon buffs it's worth it, and pushing the highest possible grift is basically a gamble anyway.

This amulet always has movement speed increase on it, so if you can't roll that off don't forget to remove paragon points from speed and put 'em in strength, anything above 25% is wasted.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Whoever said ww/rend barb was relaxing compared to crusader wasn't kidding. Just spin your way through a rift and nothing matters.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

fknlo posted:

Whoever said ww/rend barb was relaxing compared to crusader wasn't kidding. Just spin your way through a rift and nothing matters.

Hardest part about spin2win is collecting the loot that explodes out in non-GRs.

Gotta fill a bag every rift or act bounty to keep the materials up!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bamhand posted:

PoJ is probably the tankiest build in the game, eventually you'll be gated by damage you do, not dying. Are you running Crystal Fist? You can cube Aquila over Mantle of Channeling for more tankiness as well. Best neck is Flavor of Time, but an elemental absorb amulet like Mara's is also great.

Do you have a link or description for the setup you're running to get this way? My PoJ monk doesn't feel fragile, but they don't exactly feel more durable than average either most of the time. Just sort of standard.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Mustached Demon posted:

Gotta fill a bag every rift or act bounty to keep the materials up!

For real? How unlucky are you with rolling your items?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zenithe posted:

For real? How unlucky are you with rolling your items?

I'm a video game hoarder.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Upgrading rares and reforging legendaries in the cube can be quite expensive. I also refuse to wear an item until it has the exact roll I want, which can take a lot of time on nightmare pieces like Crusader shields and Wizard orbs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey so I’m leveling a fresh account on my Switch and I’m wondering what’s the best way to solo level as a barb with no support EXP items.

Rifts. You still can get massacre bonus while in them which is different than PC. Otherwise it's mostly the same. Getting neph glory globes is a priority though (doubles damage and you need to keep them up).

I can PL you around 8-10 Eastern if I can figure out how to use idiotic friend codes.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

fknlo posted:

Yeah WW has been my favorite "cast buffs and hold one button" build for me for a long time. The latest patch and item updates just made it that much better. I'm playing a Wizard this season since it's the last class I've never really played and I'm kind of jealous reading about all the Barb fun I'm missing out on!

As for the Leap vs Ground Stomp discussion for proccing BoM: I tried both but ultimately settled on Furious Charge on my non-Season WW Barb. If you take that one rune that reduces cooldown by 2 seconds for each enemy hit it's constantly available and it is so quick it doesn't interrupt WW or Taeguk stacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WarMECH posted:

As for the Leap vs Ground Stomp discussion for proccing BoM: I tried both but ultimately settled on Furious Charge on my non-Season WW Barb. If you take that one rune that reduces cooldown by 2 seconds for each enemy hit it's constantly available and it is so quick it doesn't interrupt WW or Taeguk stacks.

Plus, if you Numlock Wrath Of The Berserker, it'll go off while you Charge. No having to stop spinning to let it activate.

And once you get up to GR85, the mob density is so high Charge ends up with almost 0 downtime. Add in a Zodiac, and you easily have Perma-Wrath.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 4, 2019