Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nothing says "right to bear arms" quite like... knives?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

i hate the fact that the more i read this thread, the more i want to buy this stuff. like, i don't like what that says about me as a person, but here we are. BUDK knows who i truly am.

this is called the Mere Exposure effect and it's why advertisers don't even fuckin bother anymore.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
As a kid my grandpa gave me an old folding knife he'd cleaned up and sharpened for me. But that's some cuck poo poo compared to 2019 grandpas, passing on the TIMBER WOLF QUAD BLADE PUSH DAGGER with carbon-fiber grip and laser engraved Trump quotes.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i want a knife that makes my daughter respect me again.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

All I see is:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

What's the difference between a skull sculpture and a skullpture?

naem
May 29, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

some say potato,

some say potaaahto

some say tomato,

some say tomaaaahtoooooaaaarrrggghhhh

*attempts to stab you unsuccessfully with a powder epoxy american flag encrusted Spider©️™️®️Knife*

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Moon Slayer posted:

Mankind has been wrestling with that question since the dawn of time.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Finally. The perfect Mother's Day gift!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Heath posted:

Finally. The perfect Mother's Day gift!

Now is the time to begin shopping for Mother's Day, 2019!

Every mom needs a fancy stiletto.

naem
May 29, 2011

that folding chair better be intense to hold the weight of the average bud k shopper (because it is that they are fat is what it is that it is that I am suggesting)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, some of them will be ultra skinny. The sort of build you see on faces of meth posters.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The mother's day knife is the perfect gift for an estranged mother who's finally completely cracked and decided to murder.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

EorayMel posted:

All I see is:

Unrelated to BudK, but that pic is a very venomous tarantula called Heteroscodra maculata and I once had one run up my sleeve and hunker down in my armpit. I had to use a long wooden spoon to gently coax it down to my wrist so I could recapture it.
That's all.
Thank you.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Getting this for my Yankee Candle 'Waters of Lethe' tealights.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Re: spider

Ooh and since H.Maculata lacks urticating hairs, which are used to warn threats it's much more likely to bite.

So what I'm saying is HEY BUDK SHOPPER ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?!?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Big Centipede posted:

Unrelated to BudK, but that pic is a very venomous tarantula called Heteroscodra maculata and I once had one run up my sleeve and hunker down in my armpit. I had to use a long wooden spoon to gently coax it down to my wrist so I could recapture it.
That's all.
Thank you.

That is super cute tbh

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Improbable Lobster posted:

That is super cute tbh

Turn on your monitor

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

By popular demand posted:

Re: spider

Ooh and since H.Maculata lacks urticating hairs, which are used to warn threats it's much more likely to bite.

So what I'm saying is HEY BUDK SHOPPER ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?!?

dugz
Aug 05, 2014
(2 out of 5)
Pretty Flimsy

These are made of very thin, flimsy plastic, so be careful you don't swing it into a wall or something. Kinda fun otherwise. Note: I supercharged mine by replacing the AA's with 4.2V Li-Ion 16450's. Swinging it through a cloud of gnats was like waving a sparkler around. Unfortunately it then sizzled and emitted some burned electronics odors and never worked again. The experiment was a failure :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I was working at a hardware store and an old lady came in complaining the the fly swatter didn't work. So I pressed the button and the light turned on, and I poked my finger through the mesh and got zapped and my arm went numb up to the elbow. So yeah, those things work just fine with the standard batteries.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Assert Your Right To Rule, Barbarian Warlord-Style

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Speleothing posted:

I was working at a hardware store and an old lady came in complaining the the fly swatter didn't work. So I pressed the button and the light turned on, and I poked my finger through the mesh and got zapped and my arm went numb up to the elbow. So yeah, those things work just fine with the standard batteries.

Most people just assume batteries are batteries and don't realize that your standard battery is 1.5 volts, and if something is designed for that voltage, going above it is going to fry your electronics. Just because it fits, doesn't mean you should.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Do they still sell those cheap plastic shotguns that shoot table salt at house flies? I remember seeing the commercial constantly a year or two ago, but haven't seen it in a long time.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If you take the swatter off you can use it to electrocute your balls

if that's your thing

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Do they still sell those cheap plastic shotguns that shoot table salt at house flies? I remember seeing the commercial constantly a year or two ago, but haven't seen it in a long time.

Like all inventions of this sort, it creates more problems than it solves. You kill the fly but now you have loving salt everywhere.

I'm personally a fan of using compressed air to stun them but it has to be pretty forceful

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why not just throw your BUDK ninja stars and/or sharpened playing cards at them with expert precision?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EorayMel posted:

Why not just throw your BUDK ninja stars and/or sharpened playing cards at them with expert precision?

Have you seen their new bug-zapper ninja-star?!?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That's poo poo. One lace should be the flint/striker combo, the other should have a wire saw in it. Starting a fire is great, but you also want the ability to cut through obstacles or kill the gently caress out of sentries.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

These must be great around the gas pumps...next they'll be selling self igniting jorts.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
Even as someone that came dangerously close to ordering poo poo from Budk in my teens, I've never understood the obsession with starting fires in the most contrived ways possible.

I live in an area that's very rural and has really poo poo weather, so being able to start a fire if you get stranded somewhere in the winter is a real thing that people have to do sometimes. Cool, put a Bic lighter in your pocket.

"TWO IS ONE AND ONE IS NONE, you need backups!" Okay, put a second Bic in your glovebox. Flint and steel is not going to make you feel like all that is man, char cloth lights so easily that it's basically like using a Bic except with extra weight. Maybe use some loving matches.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

$5 isn't bad for a pair of laces, but those aglets seem awkward as hell and good luck not raising concern with airport security

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

$5 isn't bad for a pair of laces, but those aglets seem awkward as hell and good luck not raising concern with airport security

"No they aren't a weapon, I use them to start fires... wait, where are you taking me?"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
haha BUDK should have a disclaimer on the back of the front cover that explains "no, actually, you cannot bring your cane-sword onto flights you senile old sword-loving bastard"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I’d say you are very optimistic about TSA, but I’ve had an agent confused by a bag of almonds so who knows.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

I’d say you are very optimistic about TSA, but I’ve had an agent confused by a bag of almonds so who knows.

This just happened to me. My carry-on messenger bag was flagged and I was pulled out of line so they could inspect it only to find my bag of trail mix.