Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/01/coming-soon-chaos-cults-ogre-teams-war-in-rohan-and-more/

The new Slaves of Darkness releases goes up for pre-order this weekend. Including expanded Warcry warband boxes to serve as core units for them.

Do wish those expanded Warcry boxes were not just two of the standard box, would be nice to be able to customize the units a bit more. Fire vomit portal is A+ though. I am just happy this is a start collecting so I can pick it up any time, if it was in a box like the Bonereapers were I'd be pre-ordering it instantly no matter what the other faction was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
That chaos box is so good.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/02/kit-focus-start-collecting-slaves-to-darknessgw-homepage-post-1/

Deeper look at the Start Collecting: STD

Would love to see some sprues still but gently caress those are a wonderful upgrade to kits that were already decent just really old and static.

Interesting note at the end of the article though.

Games Workshop posted:

These kits won’t be replacing anything that’s currently in the range, meaning if you like the original models, good news – you’ll be able to keep using them!

Guessing the new Knights will be a ton more expensive than the old kit, those old ones are far too cheap for how much plastic they have these days.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Start collecting STDs

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

JBP posted:

Start collecting STDs

New thread title

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Age of Sigmar 2.0 - Everyone's hyped to Start Collecting STDs

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cinara posted:

Guessing the new Knights will be a ton more expensive than the old kit, those old ones are far too cheap for how much plastic they have these days.
I expect them to be around the same price for half the models (old kit had 10 knights versus new kit's 5), so yeah that'll be a big price increase.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FEMALE Chaos Warriors? What madness is this.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Everchosen is a better army name than Slaves to Darkness in my opinion

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Idk why they aren't just warriors of chaos or warriors of the dark gods.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dunno, i like 'slaves to darkness'

it implies whole societies enslaved by the dark gods in a way that just 'warriors of chaos' wouldn't

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Calling this done. Was a ton of work, but I'm happy with how it came out. I was worried I wouldn't like the horses as zombies instead of ghosts, but I found something I like with the colors.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

JBP posted:

Idk why they aren't just warriors of chaos or warriors of the dark gods.

Chaos is pretty hard to copyright (or trademark or w/e the correct term is here) compared to something like Everchosen I would imagine

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

S.J. posted:

Chaos is pretty hard to copyright (or trademark or w/e the correct term is here) compared to something like Everchosen I would imagine

Yeah but they're slaves to darkness, which is v generic. Idk slaves to darkness doesn't feel right to me because some are taken over but some are agency rich darkness activists

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Chainclaw posted:

Calling this done. Was a ton of work, but I'm happy with how it came out. I was worried I wouldn't like the horses as zombies instead of ghosts, but I found something I like with the colors.

YO there are two ways to paint ghosts. Like a technicolor Booberry or the wrong loving way.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

JBP posted:

Yeah but they're slaves to darkness, which is v generic. Idk slaves to darkness doesn't feel right to me because some are taken over but some are agency rich darkness activists

Dark gig economy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JBP posted:

but some are agency rich darkness activists

They are not. Despite what they think they are just as much slaves as the rest of them.

Anyway Slaves to Darkness fits the best cause it covers the whole spectrum of Chaos Worshipers.

Also some hints in recent interview are suggesting that Archaon is getting buffed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If I like to kill and reap and that also pleased a god at the same time, well son, I call that good business.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

JBP posted:

If I like to kill and reap and that also pleased a god at the same time, well son, I call that good business.

If you aren't getting paid for your work, it isn't business

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

If your annual performance review involves enduring an eternity of suffering, you may want to look into unionizing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm running a small to medium enterprise stealing gold and eating human flesh; the flow on political benefit of pleasing the dark gods and getting advantages to my growing business via more workers or a big rear end horn on my head is just gravy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's like tax concessions and immigrant workers but of blooooooood

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
1% of the warp entities devour 99% of the soul-power

you're out there reaping, but who's enjoying the skull harvest? a thousand captives brutally massacred and what do you get, some tentacles? a big pair of horns?

chaos warriors of the world, unite! you have nothing to lose but your chains!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Played two games this weekend with this Praetorians list:

Katakros
Soulmason
2 x 20 Mortek Guard w/ Blades
5 x Deathriders w/ Blades
2 x Crawler
Harvester
Carrion and Shrieker
Nexus

Beat a Hunter heavy Winterleaf Sylvaneth list and a Hallowheart Hurricanum/Multicaster list w/ 30 Phoenix Guard and a Phoenix. In both cases the Crawlers did the most valuable work, pegging the Arch Revenant in the top of round one to take away the Hunter support, and wounding the Hurricanum badly enough in turn one to prevent it channeling before systematically picking out the casters in the following rounds.

The Sylvaneth game was still close. 2 packs of six hunters and 70 Dryads on the board to start, with a Wraith hiding in the woods summoning more each turn. I lost the Harvester, one Crawler and the Deathriders in this game but managed to win. The Hallowheart list folded like a lawnchair once I crippled the casters. One unit of 20 guard with Harvester support and a constant -1/-2 to hit from the Scrollbearer and the Nexus completely neutered the PG unit, even with Phoenix support. The Harvester basically killed the Phoenix on his own while keeping the Mortek Guard up and running, and then piled in to help finish the job. Tabled the opponent and ended up losing only eight Mortek Guard in the end, most of those to a unit of 40 Swordsmen with Burning Ward on them exploding.

I'm happy with this list overall, but I think the Shrieker is redundant, and the Mason despite having two casts really wasn't effective. I'll likely drop them both and add in another Crawler or maybe a Liege.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JBP posted:

It's like tax concessions and immigrant workers but of blooooooood

They’re more like Interns to Darkness, they’re hoping to be noticed and promoted to middle management but right now they’ll work for exposure to the dark corrupting influence of chaos

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm setting up an Etsy store for some of the 3D printed designs I'm doing for my local Sigmar goons, mostly game aids like turn/VP/CP counters, terrain markers and the like.

If there is any interest around here, I'll set up a goon discount code and throw out a link (also assuming it's cool with the Mods).

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Hey, I just finished up a Black Coach too, but the vampire version. I've had this thing unpainted and poorly glued together for nearly 20 years, so I took it apart and started over. While working on this I settled on keeping the theme of my old undead army as Old World Sylvanian. It will be a Wight heavy army based in the western portion of the Haunted Hills, a place full of cairns, barrows, and cromlech. A cadre of vampire refugees left over from Vlad's defeat at Swartzhafen have allied with the barrow lords in order to exact their revenge on the nearby Empire city of Leicheberg.

Bonus Cinematic shots with an old painting from an antique store.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Skails posted:

Hey, I just finished up a Black Coach too, but the vampire version. I've had this thing unpainted and poorly glued together for nearly 20 years, so I took it apart and started over. While working on this I settled on keeping the theme of my old undead army as Old World Sylvanian. It will be a Wight heavy army based in the western portion of the Haunted Hills, a place full of cairns, barrows, and cromlech. A cadre of vampire refugees left over from Vlad's defeat at Swartzhafen have allied with the barrow lords in order to exact their revenge on the nearby Empire city of Leicheberg.

Bonus Cinematic shots with an old painting from an antique store.

That's amazing!

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

That's all really good, but the cinematic shots with the painting is an especially smart and great touch.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also some hints in recent interview are suggesting that Archaon is getting buffed.

They probably won't, but I'm just hoping they give Warcry warbands the option to take a Mark so they're slightly more viable in god-specific armies. Those models are so ripe for awesome god-specific paint jobs and conversions.

I should just use a box of them as counts-as Warriors or something.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

Chainclaw posted:

That's all really good, but the cinematic shots with the painting is an especially smart and great touch.

Thanks.
My wife picked up the painting somewhere and it's been hanging above the desk where I paint. There are these scale modelers who build a little bit of scenery to go with their photo realistic scale cars and by placing them on a table outside and getting the right photo angles it makes them look in scale with the real world background. This wasn't that complicated but it's a fun idea to play with.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

So slightly off topic but my hope for The Old World is that it's whfb but all the fluff reveals that The Old World is a game that people in the Mortal Realms play and there's a fluff bit with Morathi ranting about how the designers keep nerfing her orcs and goblins army but won't do poo poo about the super op Slaanesh psychology bomb and that loving DICKHEAD Vandus doesn't play anything else and is a smug jerk when he wins. They can't kick him out of their Old World club because the last club that did that got invaded by the Hammers of Sigmar and burned to the ground.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
I like to think both Archeon and Nagash would be two biggest grognards. Takeing over a third of the club, and loudly arguing about the historical accuracy of nagash beloved britonnias vs Archeon's tomb kings (who is still mad that the line got squateed).

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Whenever people say something like "why are they still mad about squatting, the game is better now :smug:" im just gonna go back to the panic that went through this thread when we found out that square base Warhammer was coming back

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Since Sigmar is the new Warhammer Fantasy you get this.

Happy loving Festag! :hist101:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Getting these designs finished and printed for a FLGS. Two player turn/VP/CP tracker:

One player tracker with summoning/depravity/conjuration points:

Mysterious terrain markers (draft prints):

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I guess the warcry unit warscrolls are up?

no marks for cultists it seems, at least not on the warscroll itself.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I guess the warcry unit warscrolls are up?

no marks for cultists it seems, at least not on the warscroll itself.

Those have existed since war cry debuted. If theyre going to update them it'll be on saturday.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hope no one minds if I throw this up here - https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SigmariteBoutique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

TKIY posted:

Hope no one minds if I throw this up here - https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SigmariteBoutique

These look neat? Any chance of any Deepkin themed stuff like a Tides tracker? ;)