Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Short and sweet!

My husband stabbed me with a fork and then hosed my best friend

quote:

what should I do? Husband 48 Me 22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I can vouch for Cake Puncher's dad employing some pretty lovely parenting techniques. I would screech at my son about how he was missing the men's figure skating for the Winter Olympics, but maybe I should have tried to connect with him on his terms. Maybe if I had he would have grown up to be a real man.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Lucrece posted:

Short and sweet!

lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Per her request, please link to the posts where she was being an incredibly lovely person and/or racist. She prefers you cite her like a bad Wiki entry when discussing how loony she is.

Please dont remote post for other users in this thread, and generally if someone was detrimental to a threads health talking about their absence from it is keeping the problem going.

Lucrece posted:

Well whoa there, lets not fly off the handle it was fork not a knife

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I can't go to Mcdonalds anymore. Mr. cumshitter has completely warped my perception of the twist ice cream cone forever. :(

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Entorwellian posted:

I can't go to Mcdonalds anymore. Mr. cumshitter has completely warped my perception of the twist ice cream cone forever. :(

Surely this should lead to you spending more time at McDonald's

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Miss posted:

McDonalds isn't exactly the bastion for bathroom stall financial advice.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Miss posted:

Who could be happy with a twist cone while thinking of all the freshly shat cum they're missing out on.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Am I (32 F) overreacting to what my boyfriend (30 M) said over the phone when he thought he was talking to his ex-wife?

I feel stupid for even writing this post, please bear with me. Over Thanksgiving I traveled to see my family. My boyfriend of over a year was invited but unable to come due to work. For about 3 days prior to me leaving to visit my family we had been arguing and the tensions were higher than normal. I was hoping a few days away would be good for both of us to cool off and get over is silly argument, but tensions had only increased and we were barely speaking.

My mother's home is in a very rural area in my cell phone does not work when I am there. My mother's number and my boyfriend's ex wife are saved under similar names in his phone. I borrowed my mom's cell phone to call him and when he answered he was talking in a very sweet tone. He repeatedly asked how are you baby? And said he missed me. It was so out of character for how he had been acting the last few days that it was really odd and made me uncomfortable. He then asked me 'how are the kids?' Again I was quite confused and asked what he meant, and said I had not been to visit my friend and her daughter yet. He then said 'wait who is this?' And told me he thought he was speaking to his ex wife.

His tone and words went back to what I would expect from him during a rough patch. We have hardly discussed the topic or the rest of our fight, but he did say he was sleeping and confused and only addressed 'her' by her 1st name and not baby. What really bothers me about this entire thing is that I really believe he knew he was speaking to me be entire time. I think he did this just to hurt me and make me scared. The sweet voice he was using was very fake and not how he would talk normally. This would not be the 1st time he is paranoid that I would cheat on him, nor the 1st time he has tried to use other women to make me jealous.

Long story short, I am not sure how to bring this up with him. I feel like I absolutely need to discuss this further. My question is: How can I approach the topic and convey I think he did this purposely to hurt my feelings without being accusatory? Although I have hardly mentioned it mostly because we have been fighting (I don't want it to be an argument, I want it to be a productive discussion) but I am very hurt by this. I truly don't believe he is cheating on me, especially not with his ex wife. It's much more painful that he did that intentionally to upset me while I was hours away and visiting family. I want to approach the conversation correctly and Im concerned I will be overly emotional. How can I convey that I am very hurt, and do not want to continue a relationship if this is how we will treat each other without sounding childish or as if I am only upset because I actually thought he believed he was speaking to his ex?

TL;DR: My boyfriend tried to make me jealous by acting as if he thought he was talking to his ex wife while he was actually speaking to me on the phone.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not getting rid of my controversial books against my wife’s wishes?

So a little background, I come from the rural outskirts of a country where literature and education is VERY strict. As in if it’s not religious or outright propaganda it’s banned. Coming to an Western university and being able to establish my family there was without a doubt one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. After decades of collecting I have an entire room filled with books from over the years.

Now to make this clear, owning these books does not reflect my ideology or beliefs, but rather I’ve just always been drawn towards controversial books. There’s a small shelf in this room with books that have been banned or are just controversial in nature. By that I don’t mean like Fault in Our Stars banned, I mean like Minister Farrakhan, William Luther Pierce, some old radical Protestant text, Pan African extremist literature, etc. I have collected these books, and have some hilarious stories on how I’ve gotten my hands on them. I own these books simply because I can.

My grandson (who is 15) has had a growing fascination with reading and often borrows my books. Well fast forward to last week, he was caught reading something at school from my more “controversial” collection. He was sent to the principles office, the book was confiscated, and he’s looking at a lengthy suspension. I plan on getting involved immediately and I will not hesitate to make this a legal matter. We live in a free country, he can read whatever he likes wherever he wants to. Religion isn’t allowed in public schools, but you wouldn’t do the same to a student reading a Bible or a Quran.

Once the my son and wife found out that it came from my reading room they are livid. They couldn’t believe I would let him borrow such books. I told them that he borrows books all the time, and that I had no idea that he borrowed the book in the first place.

We will handle the school problem later, but my wife has gone a measure further and insisted that I get rid of my older controversial books to avoid this happening again. I immediately refused. My son has also insisted that I shouldn’t have the books in the first place. I will not get rid of my books no matter how bad they might be. I think they’re both upset and a little flustered and this seems like a way of getting ride of the issue. My family hasn’t been speaking to each other since this happened and I just need an outside opinion. AITA?

Update: Thank you to all who gave insight, I greatly appreciate it but I will settle this now. I think whether or not I’m an “rear end in a top hat” is up for contention, but one thing is for sure and that is babu has been a fool. I have made an appointment with his principal later this week where I plan to take full responsibility for this mishap. Hopefully the suspension will be removed and he will be forgiven. I will sit my grandson down this weekend and explain to him the dangers of such things. I suppose to me this country has been safe and my days of dealing with radicals was long over ago, I never thought it could effect him. I said in an earlier comment that to me these books sat on a shelf for over 20 years, and I realize the impact is far more than just a book on a shelf. I will take the more controversial literature and lock it away with a note explaining why I locked them there. Thank you again for this insight.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Goddamit i really wanna know what the book was if he backpedaled that quickly

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA/WIBTA for giving my future child 3 middlenames?

quote:

So quick background here, my SO will be referred to as Sanguine and I will be referred to as Faerie for privacy reasons.

Sanguine holds a single citizenship, while I hold 4 citizenships, 3 of them being European. Between the both of us, we speak over 20 languages.

We both agreed on multicultural and long names. However, our friends have told us that a long name would screw up our child in the long run, and that we were basically selfish arrogant assholes. On my side of the family it is common for long names, but we don't typically have unique named either.

Sanguine and I feel that it's inappropriate to judge our parenting skills based on a name. We have told our friends that we didn't appreciate belittling comments. We have had over a hundred people call us assholes. Are we the assholes for giving our child a long name, or are they the assholes for belittling and mocking us over it?

The name choices in question:

1. Fritz Ajax Charleston Anthem

2. Sunday Crimson Sunshine Twinkle

3. Darko Quest Wisdom Nils

4. Cyan Arantxa Victory Freedom

5. Tulip Zaro Queenie Sequoia

6. Aristotle Sylvester Basil Ranger

7. Silver Wonderful Kiwi Flower

8. Rhythm Fairy California Orchid

9. Oasis Sanity Archita Pixie

10. Balthazar Drexel Cosmo Zyron

11. West Nashton Castle Denim

12. Audi Holiday Sparrow Mahogany

Also, just to note that the baby will have both of our lastnames.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Benagain posted:

The Turner Diaries and The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I'm mad as hell that she stole half of my good passwords

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Benagain posted:

If he doesn't mention it you know it's Mein Kampf

India (which I'm getting from "babu") also has a weird relationship to Hitler so, yeah, Mein Kampf

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The Turner Diaries and The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews

definitely not a book to bring to show and tell

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
Mein Kampf is a pretty dry read for an average 15 year old, reward the child for spurning YA fiction

edit: oh it's Louis Farrakhan? no ice cream then.

ulex minor fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 3, 2019

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

If he doesn't mention it you know it's Mein Kampf

India (which I'm getting from "babu") also has a weird relationship to Hitler so, yeah, Mein Kampf

Mein Kampf + an instruction manual for Nazi insurgents.

I get where the guy is coming from, especially given his personal history but why the hell does a child have access to his extremely offensive books in history library?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

Asian Nazi fetishization isn’t quite the same as in western countries, it’s more equivalent to how Fascist Japanese symbols like the “rising sun” in every white guy’s karate dojo are viewed as badass harmless karate poo poo rather than fascist genocidal symbols. It’s important to remember it’s more of a result of ignorance more often than malice at least in East Asia. This guy lives here and is well educated so I dont think that applies to him though.

Also it’s probably Burma/Myanmar I doubt censorship like OP describes is that common anywhere else in that region.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I mean like Minister Farrakhan, William Luther Pierce, some old radical Protestant text, Pan African extremist literature, etc. I have collected these books, and have some hilarious stories on how I’ve gotten my hands on them. I own these books simply because I can.

one of these things is not like the other
one of these things just doesn't belong

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://icct.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/ICCT-Berger-The-Turner-Legacy-September2016-2.pdf

JM Berger who wrote one of the books that was foundational to my last term paper on terrorism also does analysis of extremist literature so if you’re curious about just how terrible that book is, dive right in!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Smirking_Serpent posted:

By that I don’t mean like Fault in Our Stars banned, I mean like Minister Farrakhan, William Luther Pierce, some old radical Protestant text, Pan African extremist literature, etc. I have collected these books, and have some hilarious stories on how I’ve gotten my hands on them. I own these books simply because I can.

Yeahhhhh... that'd do it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

it would have to be something easily recognizable like the turner diaries as i doubt the principal holds strong feelings on radical protestant ideas from the 16th century

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Someone already posted that it was the Turner Diaries and The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lucrece posted:

Short and sweet!

An attempt at Googling this led to me to a whole list compiled of "stabbed in the back" Reddit stories.

Whats your worst "friend stabbed your back" story?

quote:

My friend was dating a girl who I could tell just didn't like me, but at least we were civil to one another, until the camping trip on the May 24 holiday weekend. She was adamant about keeping our alcohol separate, that was fine. I had my beer, they had their mikes hard lemonades, fine. Then I got up early on the first morning and made pancakes for everyone, why? Because that's just how I roll. When the campers rolled out of their tents to the smell of apple cinnamon pancakes and campfire coffee, she was the only one to flip out. I'd gone into HER cooler and used HER margarine. My buddy just looked pained and tried to keep the peace as I tossed her a twoonie and apologized. Her reaction was to grab a lock from his gym bag and lock "their tent" with "their booze" and "their food". Later, he came to me and asked if he could borrow the car, so that they could run into town, get some condoms and have some words about being a bit easier with the other campers. I said ok, and handed him the keys. When they returned hours later, the tank was empty, and the field kitchen (a wooden box w/ straps called a wannigan w/ plates, cutlery pots and pans etc) was missing from the back of the station wagon. We searched the camp, nothing. It was my Dad's and had been handed down in the family for generations. I drove off to fill the tank and buy a new tub of margerine, and was halfway down the country road when I saw the wannigan on the side of the road, smashed in the ditch. There were marks along the back panels beside the flattened down seats where one of them had clearly pushed it out the back of the moving car.

After piling it all, stunned, piece by piece back into the wagon, I gassed up and drove back, then packed up. Not a word was said by anyone, until I tore up the camping permit and peeled out with their shouts behind me in the dust.

Never spoke to either one of them again.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Entorwellian posted:

My apologies. I wasn't trying to ruin ice cream for you. I was simply trying to create more positive mental associations with anal sex.

It comes from a place of love, and wanting you to be better.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Smirking_Serpent posted:

one thing is for sure and that is babu has been a fool.

This guy rules

Pinecone Sample posted:

This is a crazy person.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for masturbating on my dead grandma's grave?

quote:

So, i know it sounds weird but one of my best friend Mike and his family arranged a little meeting on a near graveyard where we supposed to meet. Situation escalated quickly and we drank too much and in the end, Mike's father challenged us (we were four kids/people) to Nut on our dead grandparents's graves. The reward was that if any of us do that, we would get a new bicycle. Now, because i am a poor person without parents who is living with my uncles Mac and Charlie, i thought, "Yes, i would do that." And when i started nutting on my dead grandma's grave (R.I.P. Grandpa Dee), Mike and his Father Dennis left me alone for a loving Pepsi. gently caress you Mike. So, Am I The rear end in a top hat for masturbating on my dead grandma's grave?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Dear God no you are not the rear end in a top hat for being taken advantage of by a very cheap pedophile you poor thing.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Pinecone Sample posted:

10. Balthazar Drexel Cosmo Zyron

If I had to choose one of these names for myself, I guess I would choose this one

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Just name your kid Hotblack Desiato. Then if anyone asks tell them it’s after the real estate office.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

chitoryu12 posted:

Mac, Charlie, Dee, and Dennis. :thunk:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Elder Postsman posted:

Mac, Charlie, Dee, and Dennis. :thunk:

Mac: I'm not masturbating on my grandparents' graves!

The Gang Masturbates On Their Grandparents' Graves

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Whats your worst "friend stabbed your back" story?

You can't lock a tent. You just... can't.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I'm not totally sure what he's asking

Girl (29F) I’ve (30M) been seeing saw a message from my FWB.
[new]
I’ve been seeing Cassy casually for about six weeks. We hang out a lot and I am really enjoying her company, we get along so well and she’s very relaxed and caring. I can easily see us spending a lot of time together. We spend most of our weekends together and a day or two during the week, but we are always texting and keeping up with each other.

I’ve been dating online for the last year or two, and have had a FWB for the last six months. Other than that I haven’t been on more than one or two dates with other people. My FWB and I hang out every so often, max twice a week but we often go a week or two without seeing each other. She works from home and I get home from work early, so it’s always in the middle of the day for an hour or so. It’s worked out well and we’re on the same page that we aren’t dating/interested in dating. I haven’t been seeing her even though she hits me up about once a week, and we haven’t seen each other in the last two weeks. I was going to call her this week to explain that I’ve enjoyed our time but I’m not interesting in continuing. I am really into Cassy and I’d like to be exclusive. (I always use protection for both partners.)

Yesterday Cassy and I were both off work and going to get some breakfast when a message from my FWB popped up. My car displays the entire message for texts and it was FWB asking if we can link up tomorrow (Monday) around at 1. Cassy got really quiet and I didn’t know what to say; we haven’t had the exclusivity talk and we haven’t talked about if we’re seeing other people. We met online but I deleted my profile soon after meeting her, which I didn’t tell her. I’m not sure if she’s seeing anyone else but I admit lately it is very often on my mind. I’ve been waiting for the right time to ask her if she’s interesting in being my girlfriend.

She asked if that was another girl I am dating and I told her no, that we are FWB and we don’t see each other or talk to each other out of hooking up. She asked how often we see each other and I told her we haven’t seen each other for two weeks because I am enjoying what she (Cassy) and I have going on, but we used to see each other once a week every other week or so. I didn’t lie about anything but the rest of the car ride and breakfast were quite quiet. On the way back I told her I hadn’t seen her because I want to be exclusive with her (Cassy), but I hadn’t made time to call her and talk so she had still been messaging me, but our schedules don’t always match and I have been too busy with work. She asked why I didn’t break up with her via text and I told her I think that’s a very cold way of ending things and wouldn’t want to be treated that way.

I haven’t been in this situation before so I asked if there was anything I could answer and offered to show her my phone but she told me she felt uncomfortable because it was an invasion of privacy and she believes what I’m saying but that she needs to consider a couple things. We had an all-day outing planned a little out of town but she said she would like to head home.

I dropped her off and she gave me a half-hearted kiss before looking at me sadly and getting out.

I’m really interested in taking our relationship further but now I don’t know what to do. She texted me last night around 9 asking how I feel about her and I sent her a text that reads “i really enjoy your company and have been waiting for the right time to ask if you’d like to be exclusive. I’m interested in taking things further.” She texted back “ok” and I didn’t hear from her until around 2 today when I texted her asking if I can give her a call tonight around 6 and she said sure. FWIW she answered immediately.

I’m going into this without knowing what to do or how to handle it. Do I let her ask questions or do I reassure her I want to only see her, or do I try to be somewhat normal? What do I do if she tells me she isn’t interested in continuing even though I was going to break things off with my FWB this week? If she is super quiet what do I do? If she wants to end things should I let her go or should I try and mend things? Like I said we never had the “talk” and I can definitely understand why she’s upset but I don’t know what to do.

TL;DR: girl I’ve been seeing and want to be exclusive with saw a text from my FWB who I was on the verge of ending things with. Don’t know how to handle the impending phone call or what to say.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for hiding the toilet paper, body wash and shampoo from my BF?
My BF does nothing around the house. Literally nothing. I've asked and asked for him to help out, even just taking the rubbish or mow the lawns, but he can't even manage that. Anyways I decided if I was going to be doing all the house upkeep, he could buy the cleaning supplies. But he won't even do that anymore. He either doesn't have time or forgets whenever he is at the shops.

So we have run out of toilet paper and body wash. I've just bought my self some and hid it my closet sneaking it to the bathroom when i need. I plan on doing the same with the shampoo. He's on day three using paper towels for TP and handwash for body wash. He hasn't mentioned anything about it.

Our relationship is great otherwise.

But, AITA for hiding supplies from my bf to try get my point across?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Power Khan posted:

AITA for hiding the toilet paper, body wash and shampoo from my BF?
My BF does nothing around the house. Literally nothing. I've asked and asked for him to help out, even just taking the rubbish or mow the lawns, but he can't even manage that. Anyways I decided if I was going to be doing all the house upkeep, he could buy the cleaning supplies. But he won't even do that anymore. He either doesn't have time or forgets whenever he is at the shops.

So we have run out of toilet paper and body wash. I've just bought my self some and hid it my closet sneaking it to the bathroom when i need. I plan on doing the same with the shampoo. He's on day three using paper towels for TP and handwash for body wash. He hasn't mentioned anything about it.

Our relationship is great otherwise.

But, AITA for hiding supplies from my bf to try get my point across?

he is not going to get the point. he is going to continue using the handwash and paper towel until they run out, at which point he will start using tissues and tap water, and when the tissues run out he'll just start making GBS threads in the woods like the animal that he is

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DandyLion posted:

Perhaps I'm just jaded after reading so many of these, but just so I'm understanding this clearly; she's not upset for sleeping with her professor, but rather for her boyfriend calling her out on it in front of everyone?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"By the nature of the program, I have to spend a lot of time with Dr. White. There is nothing unprofessional happening. Dr. White can still be kind of an assholes, but kind of a lovable rear end in a top hat, and he is a superb mentor. I'm really enjoying working with him."

:argh: beaten like a rented mule

quote:

Friday afternoon was a prescheduled time for me to meet with Dr. White and some other students in the program

People making stuff up again. Funny, it makes the woman look bad. Again.

MarcusSA posted:

I dunno it just doesn't read as a very strong denial TBH.

gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

extremely online posted:

There's a lot of gross poo poo that comes up in here, but "anything I want to do to anyone who made me mad for any reason is completely okay" is disturbingly common and makes me worry about the lives you guys are living.

If I approved of that attitude, I'd visit my mother more often.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mllaneza posted:

People making stuff up again. Funny, it makes the woman look bad. Again.

gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

If I approved of that attitude, I'd visit my mother more often.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Would it be gay to let my girlfriend do this to me while we cuddle?

quote:

Recently I’ve encountered an issue around intimacy with my girlfriend involving her ‘needs’.

I love cuddling, I guess I’m a big cuddler and we do that a lot during intimacy to enjoy eachother’s warmth and it really seems to connect us, I really enjoy the wholesome type of intimacy we have going. Here’s where the issue came, about a month ago we were cuddling as normal and her hands were holding my rear end which is fine (come on guys admit that’s soothing for all of us) and I’m not sure where she got this idea but her finger suddenly brushed over my hole. I ignored it as she only did it a couple of times and I thought nothing of it. Anyway, the next time we cuddled closely she tried to slide it inside a little bit which freaked me out. It’s not that I’m against it, I was genuinely turned on by the idea in the moment but I don’t want her to think I’m gay if I let her ‘take me’ like that especially if she gets carried away.

Anyway she’s tried it a few times now and I’ve always just clenched so there’s no space to work with, but I’m wondering what you guys think about that? Will she lose respect for me if I ‘open up’ so to speak? I can’t really get my masculinity back if I end up losing it in an undignified way (Sorry I know it’s a sensitive subject)