Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Calaveron posted:

A lotta bad things happen to Tyrion after the kinslaying, kinda how bad things happen to the Freys after the bout of guestright breaking or the other kings after leech mania

In the released winds chapter Euron goes on a big rant about how all Gods and societal norms are bogus and his evidence is that he's murdered three of his brothers, two when they were only babies and one playing the axe throwing game

Book Euron is pretty crazy but he doesn't seemed cursed

The MUMPSorceress posted:

Asking again, how much of the woiaf content actually comes from grrm vs the wiki minifuckers?

Everything in there was at least explicitly okayed by Martin, if not written by him. It's 'canon'. If we see Highgarden or Casterly Rock in the books, they will be like the woiaf descriptions

A Typical Goon fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Book Theon is the age of Robb, about 13/14.

The miller's kids are the ages of Bran and Rickon, about 5 and 9.

Theon wasn't banging the miller's wife at 3 or 4.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Book Theon is the age of Robb, about 13/14.

The miller's kids are the ages of Bran and Rickon, about 5 and 9.

Theon wasn't banging the miller's wife at 3 or 4.

I'm pretty sure it's Jon that's the same age as Robb, Theon is several years older. I think he's 18 at the start of the series?

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Imagine feeling bad for WoT fans, one of the few groups that even denizens of The Bad Thread can rightfully look down on.

WoT has fans?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

A Typical Goon posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Jon that's the same age as Robb, Theon is several years older. I think he's 18 at the start of the series?

That would still put him at 8 when the oldest kid was conceived.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

A Typical Goon posted:

In the released winds chapter Euron goes on a big rant about how all Gods and societal norms are bogus and his evidence is that he's murdered three of his brothers, two when they were only babies and one playing the axe throwing game

Book Euron is pretty crazy but he doesn't seemed cursed

I'd bet that this is setting Euron up to get karma'd later. Now only to wait 20 more years to see if I'm right!

Apparatchik Magnet
Sep 25, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kylaer posted:

WoT has fans?

It did, but then the series ended and they moved on with their lives.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Apparatchik Magnet posted:

It did, but then the series ended and they moved on with their lives.

What kind of sick fucks....

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
I admit that I was a WoT fan back in, like, 1998.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the Theon=Kinslayer theory goes that only the younger kid was his

him fathering the younger kid at the age of like 15 is perfectly doable

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Kylaer posted:

I admit that I was a WoT fan back in, like, 1998.

same, stopped reading around book 6 or so.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dont ruin this for me you horny motherfucker

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

TK-42-1 posted:

Theon thinks about how he was banging the woman around the same time the kids were born. That’s the extent of the connection.

IIRC the ghost of Winterfell calls Theon a kinslayer.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

the ghost of winterfell does not have supernatural knowledge and is just bullshitting im sure

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I was a Darkover fan until I learned about what Marion Zimmer Bradley and her husband did.

That's my past fandom story.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Also grrm is famously a) bad with number b) super creepy.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the ghost of winterfell is referring to bran and rickon.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Lmao there is a canonical anus targaryen

Also I am reading knight of the seven kingdoms now and lmao at how much of dunks internal monologue is leering at bewbs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

There's a bit shortly after Theon gets Reek'd where he's lamenting killing the miller's kids and how the miller was so old and what a good time he had boning the miller's wife which to me was an obvious signal that they were his and he didn't know it
This was a little bit after the concept of kinslaying was introduced if I recall correctly

yea iirc theon goes “too bad i killed those 7 & 5 year olds.....man their mom was so hot when i banged her 7 & 5 years ago” which is pretty lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
looks like i dont recall correctly.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Yeah but your memory of it is more fun

Apparatchik Magnet
Sep 25, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/stephen-king-bangs-out-winds-of-winter-on-a-tuesday-for-shits-and-giggles/

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

quote:

“I had read the first five books and I was just tired of waiting,” King said. “So, I was in between projects on a rainy day and just spit out about 400,000 words before dinner. I was really just dicking around, but before I knew it, I had resolved the whole Meereenese Knot. I didn’t publish it or anything, because I wanted to give George a shot, but it’s actually pretty simple

quote:

King’s wife, Tabitha King, was reportedly the only one to have read any of the transcript before he casually tossed it into the fireplace.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea but to be fair King is coke fueled while GRRM is Coca Cola fueled.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Shoulda chosen Leonard Williams instead of Chris Long for the "GRRM watches the NFL more than he writes books" joke.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MoaM posted:

Shoulda chosen Leonard Williams instead of Chris Long for the "GRRM watches the NFL more than he writes books" joke.

Uh clearly the correct reference is Damon “Snacks” Harrison.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I stand corrected, sir.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

name change to a girthy geralt. I watched the first ep and it seems ok. Cavil nails the voice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's pretty good. Wish there were more monsters in the monster hunter tv show though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's pretty good. Wish there were more monsters in the monster hunter tv show though.

The real monster is man, OP.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If by men you mean sorcerers, then sure.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Just finished the first ep of Witcher. Looked really cheaply made with too much fan service. I'll still watch it all cuz I hate myself

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It owned. Some weird changes, but overall a super solid adaptation of the books.

also the books are rad, read 'em

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just finished the first ep of Witcher. Looked really cheaply made with too much fan service. I'll still watch it all cuz I hate myself

By fan service did you mean adapting all the points from the original books? Cuz that's what they did. It's dope.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I tried to read the first Witcher book and it was easily the worst book I have ever attempted to read. It was like reading a teenager’s attempt at writing a video game plot.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaosapiant posted:

By fan service did you mean adapting all the points from the original books? Cuz that's what they did. It's dope.

The wizard titty garden is what I meant.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

it’s prestige tv. gotta have some superfluous baps

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wizard Titty Garden would be a good name for a D&D themed prog rock band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

RCarr posted:

I tried to read the first Witcher book and it was easily the worst book I have ever attempted to read. It was like reading a teenager’s attempt at writing a video game plot.

In English? Everyone agrees that translation is pretty terrible.

All sorcerers and sorceresses have weird sexual hang ups in that world, it’s consistent and explored at least?