Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Tempura Wizard posted:

I ran these names through that newfangled open AI neural network to get some more names:

13. Hine Family Antique Carpentry
14. West York Gilding (May)
15. Marcus Strangle
16. Kinnerswine Family Roboduck
17. The Hoge Family Shearwater
18. Travis Sweet
19. Estatane Saks Fifth Avenue Fine Art (Feb, 2017, March)
20. Illa Breckine Thompson (10 February 2018)
21. James Bourne (February)
22. Rebel Men Ink (March)
23. Rascal Donaldson
24. Les Stone

AITA?

I remember Kinnerswine Family Roboduck, didn't he go crazy and get banned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Fallom posted:

why would you even bother buying master keys when you can just unlock all of them with a bent paperclip

I never understood the purpose of buying locks that were required to be unlockable by the people most likely to steal your things, anyway

There's I think one series that uses a dimple key that's actually a worthwhile lock, and the rest make Master locks look like Fort Knox.

I feel like if you care enough about that kinda stuff, you'll just do what Deviant Ollam does and travel with firearms.

(The TSA legally can't open a container that houses a firearm for obscure reasons; I'm not suggesting he waves his gun around at the airport to skip baggage screening)

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Would anyone even hold a child accountable for credit card fraud? At least the in app purchases would get immediately reversed by Apple/Google, the rest can probably be dealt with with some legwork.
But then they’d have to actually get those items removed from the account and based on the spoilered part of the post, I have zero confidence they wouldn’t fold the instant precious sweetie complained about it.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Grapefruit technique.

I'm afraid to google this.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

MagusofStars posted:

But then they’d have to actually get those items removed from the account and based on the spoilered part of the post, I have zero confidence they wouldn’t fold the instant precious sweetie complained about it.
It really feels like OP feels she got ditched for a new baby with a new husband and has some understandable resentment about that, because that might be exactly what happened.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

MightyJoe36 posted:

IIRC it was something about loving a grapefruit to make your dick stronger.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Oh yeah, not saying the OP was in the wrong here though she probably burned some bridges by going scorched earth in public. That aside, the parents can probably recoup most if not all of whatever the kid spent and lock down their accounts more effectively in the future.

If it were the first or second time, possibly. Given that it is the 4th time this has happened, their bank will not be reversing any transactions without at least a police report, and depending on the details of the transaction maybe not even then. And they shouldn't, because it's obvious the parents are doing nothing to prevent this.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Would anyone even hold a child accountable for credit card fraud? At least the in app purchases would get immediately reversed by Apple/Google, the rest can probably be dealt with with some legwork.

depends on the state, but the parents would be liable for fraudulent criminal acts done by children. and if she's stealing from family it's less likely the courts would be involved, unless auntie presses charges

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That aside, the parents can probably recoup most if not all of whatever the kid spent and lock down their accounts more effectively in the future.

oh, definitely not. those charges are legitimate in the eyes of the seller, and the bank would agree. you can't do take-backsies because your kid emptied your bank account on a device your family owns

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Neito posted:

IIRC it was something about loving a grapefruit to make your dick stronger.
It was a lady who took half a grapefruit and cut a hole in the top to demonstrate her Twist-style fellatio.

Sounded like a duck and the fruit looked like it had gone through a juicer :stare:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MightyJoe36 posted:

moderately NSFW, sound is mandatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaKLD3ugJYA

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^ drat you, but mine is queued up to when the magic starts.

But, yes, sound is mandatory for this one.

MightyJoe36 posted:

You should be.

You should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLTgWdXrx3U&t=167s

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PetraCore posted:

It really feels like OP feels she got ditched for a new baby with a new husband and has some understandable resentment about that, because that might be exactly what happened.

regardless, the parents are insane for indulging this kleptomaniacal kid. it's one thing for a little kid to buy something online not realizing that it costs real money, but stealing credit cards starting at 9 is pretty hosed up. given that it's been happening for years, it's probably not "just a phase" either

to pay for the credit card bills, the parents should sell all of the kids stuff barring her bed and an old computer running windows 3.1 with wordperfect for doing school work

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

My Name Is Earl sequel looking good af

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I wonder how many TSA agents have punisher tattoos

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

luxury handset posted:

oh, definitely not. those charges are legitimate in the eyes of the seller, and the bank would agree. you can't do take-backsies because your kid emptied your bank account on a device your family owns

Apple got hit with some FTC fines over purchases made by kids, and both they and the Play store will issue refunds almost without question for "kid got access to account" requests. Especially since it mostly hits the app owners instead of the Apple/Google, and where else we they going to go? And any physical stuff just usually needs to be in its packaging, though these parents of the year may not have prevented them from getting opened.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 3, 2019

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Is it possible to have a sound or soundfile as an avatar?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Danaru posted:

Y'all are really gonna sleep on this one where the OP got swatted by their mom? :staredog:

Honestly that one's just really sad.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Tempura Wizard posted:

Luckily there's plenty of bad names to go around. Here's the batch trained from the other six in the original post:

7. Dodos Bonggo Ghost Train
8. Santino Tourche Bamba Infuriating Reflections
9. Ecu Garita Voodoo Charlie Brown
10. Argiope Cathedral of Darkness Midnight
11. Dick Marcab Last City Shiver
12. Angelica Corazón The Serenity of Giving
13. Melita Sanchez Under the Volcano Marronía
14. Paulo Gonçalves Maria Helena
15. David Estupinz Montejo
16. Oscar López Ceball

Of course, nothing can top my son, Rascal Donaldson, who is going to make it to the major leagues. If only my first, Marcus Strangle turned out like him.
I'm dying at Dodos Bonggo Ghost Train, but they're all pretty great.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Tempura Wizard posted:

I ran these names through that newfangled open AI neural network to get some more names:

19. Estatane Saks Fifth Avenue Fine Art (Feb, 2017, March)

AITA?

I'm going to use this, and then cut off any family members who forget the commas.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
A tip for posters ITT is that the wildest stories don't get the most engagement. What this thread craves is something to latch onto and argue about. That's why everyone loves wedding stories.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Power Khan posted:

I'm not totally sure what he's asking

Girl (29F) I’ve (30M) been seeing saw a message from my FWB.
[new]
I’ve been seeing Cassy casually for about six weeks.

My FWB and I hang out every so often, max twice a week but we often go a week or two without seeing each other. I haven’t been seeing her even though she hits me up about once a week, and we haven’t seen each other in the last two weeks. I was going to call her this week to explain that I’ve enjoyed our time but I’m not interesting in continuing.

I dropped her off and she gave me a half-hearted kiss before looking at me sadly and getting out.

I’m really interested in taking our relationship further but now I don’t know what to do. She texted me last night around 9 asking how I feel about her and I sent her a text that reads “i really enjoy your company and have been waiting for the right time to ask if you’d like to be exclusive. I’m interested in taking things further.”

Oh yeah, I was loving another girl for the last month, and the only reason I haven't hosed her recently is because we were too busy with work, but I was totally going to end things with her next chance I got, yessir. By the way now that you bring it up want to be "exclusive"? Like in the sense I'll stop loving the other girl who I have been with for the entire duration of our relationship, and who I have almost certainly not told I had started dating someone else. I was totally going to though.

What a dirtbag. 6 weeks is way into the "assumed exclusive" zone unless you're completely upfront. I don't really know the exact amount of time you can be in a new relationship before needing to break off with a FWB, but it's certainly a lot less than 6 loving weeks. Like, I would imagine if you hit it off with somebody and you go out with them a couple times, they seem interested in you too, time to drop the FWB. Like as soon as you think there's a "relationship" at all, you gotta stop with the other partner.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fallom posted:

why would you even bother buying master keys when you can just unlock all of them with a bent paperclip

I never understood the purpose of buying locks that were required to be unlockable by the people most likely to steal your things, anyway

You're better off not locking your checked baggage so the zippers don't get damaged from being open with a pen. Just don't keep anything of value in checked luggage, ever. Better yet, learn how to pack everything you need in a travelmax carry on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Uncle Enzo posted:

Oh yeah, I was loving another girl for the last month, and the only reason I haven't hosed her recently is because we were too busy with work, but I was totally going to end things with her next chance I got, yessir. By the way now that you bring it up want to be "exclusive"? Like in the sense I'll stop loving the other girl who I have been with for the entire duration of our relationship, and who I have almost certainly not told I had started dating someone else. I was totally going to though.

What a dirtbag. 6 weeks is way into the "assumed exclusive" zone unless you're completely upfront. I don't really know the exact amount of time you can be in a new relationship before needing to break off with a FWB, but it's certainly a lot less than 6 loving weeks. Like, I would imagine if you hit it off with somebody and you go out with them a couple times, they seem interested in you too, time to drop the FWB. Like as soon as you think there's a "relationship" at all, you gotta stop with the other partner.

quote:

I’ve been seeing Cassy casually for about six weeks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Motronic posted:

You're better off not locking your checked baggage so the zippers don't get damaged from being open with a pen. Just don't keep anything of value in checked luggage, ever. Better yet, learn how to pack everything you need in a travelmax carry on.

Yeah I have a lot of first hand experience with this and pretty much if you want to keep something don't pack it in your checked luggage.

Also like 99% of the time its not gonna be TSA that jacks your poo poo its either the baggage handlers or someone comes and takes your poo poo off the carousel before you get to it.

I know that in every major airport the TSA areas have about 8 billion cameras that cover everything. I can't speak for the smaller ones but everything in the screening areas is on camera.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The_Franz posted:

regardless, the parents are insane for indulging this kleptomaniacal kid. it's one thing for a little kid to buy something online not realizing that it costs real money, but stealing credit cards starting at 9 is pretty hosed up. given that it's been happening for years, it's probably not "just a phase" either

to pay for the credit card bills, the parents should sell all of the kids stuff barring her bed and an old computer running windows 3.1 with wordperfect for doing school work

The older sister needs to cut ties with the family now to minimize the future nightmare of the youngest sister stealing CCs, identities, cars, drugs, etc. while the parents bail her out every time. It's shocking how long someone can go on financially abusing family and friends when the family/social group as a whole is too afraid or unwilling to escalate to "serious consequences".

Everyone having to hide their wallets because she'll steal anything not bolted down and being regarded as a "quirk" is some Stockholm level mental gymnastics. There are r/relationships post where this behavior has gone on into the person's 40s doing the exact same things time and time again to family and friends and no one ever filing police reports or taking a stand because "family"

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Motronic posted:

once you've done this and graduated to knowing how to travel, you can level up to learning to pack everything into a single underseat backpack so you don't get stuck having to curbside check your poo poo after everyone jams their poo poo in sideways and fills the rest of the overhead with their goddamn coats

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

pentyne posted:

The older sister needs to cut ties with the family now to minimize the future nightmare of the youngest sister stealing CCs, identities, cars, drugs, etc. while the parents bail her out every time. It's shocking how long someone can go on financially abusing family and friends when the family/social group as a whole is too afraid or unwilling to escalate to "serious consequences".

Everyone having to hide their wallets because she'll steal anything not bolted down and being regarded as a "quirk" is some Stockholm level mental gymnastics. There are r/relationships post where this behavior has gone on into the person's 40s doing the exact same things time and time again to family and friends and no one ever filing police reports or taking a stand because "family"
I would go further and say that the parents enabling their daughter's behavior is child abuse, because stuff like this can be handled if addressed properly early but they're just letting it spiral. They aren't raising her to be an eventual functional adult.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

once you've done this and graduated to knowing how to travel, you can level up to learning to pack everything into a single underseat backpack so you don't get stuck having to curbside check your poo poo after everyone jams their poo poo in sideways and fills the rest of the overhead with their goddamn coats

That works for some kind of travel, but not so well for two week business trips to nordic countries in the wintertime.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have always and will always overpack. My last trip I got down to my last pair of underwear and honestly started to twitch a little.

Of course I don’t need 3 extra pair but what if????

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Motronic posted:

That works for some kind of travel, but not so well for two week business trips to nordic countries in the wintertime.

I usually ship a box to where I'm going in that case.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Underpacking is just coping behavior in response to abusive airlines. Confident travelers do their very best to travel with multiple chests like it’s the 1950s

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I pack like I'm planning to poo poo myself twice a day.

Also I bring a winter coat wherever I'm going if it's outside Florida.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I usually ship a box to where I'm going in that case.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to send 20 lbs of poo poo from the US to Sweden or Estonia? And then back again?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I pack like I'm planning to poo poo myself twice a day.

Also I bring a winter coat wherever I'm going if it's outside Florida.

The pro move is to wear your coat rather than pack it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clitch posted:

Good Security: Locking your doors.

Better Security: Your neighbor not locking theirs.

Best security: put your crappy stuff by the windows.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

What were you trying to add here? Those details were already brought up in Uncle Enzo's post.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My (39f) best friend (43m) got so drunk at Thanksgivjng he poo poo himself.

quote:

My husband and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our home we recently bought. Only invited a few family members and my best friend (David) and his husband. I've known David for many years and his alcoholism is well known to everyone in our group of friends. There's only been a handful of times I've hung out with him pre-blackout in the last couple years. I naively thought he wouldnt blackout around my family and young child. He was ok at first but at some point crossed over. I knew it when he wouldn't stop wagging his tongue behind my husband's friend (J). It was so awkward because J could see me making faces at David telling him to stop. David's husband just kind of rolls his eyes and tries to ignore it. And David just kept on. Would even size him up if J walked toward him. Eventually I pulled him outside and told him he was being disrespectful and gross. He blackout apologized and told me he poo poo his pants. He didnt want a change of clothes. We discussed AA and therapy for a minute. The next day I told him I love him and sent a link to some local gay AA groups. He didn't respond and I haven't heard from him since. Was hoping for a sober apology. It's making me madder each day that passes. I feel like a hypocrite because we used to party together and encouraged each other to drink until a blackout. Starting a family changed all that for me. Now his alcoholism is getting worse with no incentive to change. I kicked around the idea of putting a hold on our friendship until he gets help, but afraid I'll end up just losing a friend.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Dream Man (literally) Won't Let Me In

quote:

I've (26F) have been dating someone (31M) for the last three months. We've fallen for each other really quickly, and are moving closer and closer to a committed relationship. There's a deeply emotional connection between us.

There's one (big?) problem...I have yet to see the inside of his apartment. In the beginning it just worked out that my apartment was closest to all the things we enjoy doing together.

He has said that he is deeply ashamed of the state of his apartment, saying that he is overwhelmed by the condition it's in, and doesn't know where to start. He has a cat and a dog. I have yet to meet his cat, and get to spend very little time with his dog.

Is it worth pressing this? I don't feel comfortable getting deeper into the relationship until I've at least been inside of his space. Really don't want this to be an ultimatum, but it feels that it may be.

*Edit: definitely no wife or kids in the mix. I've met his friends and coworkers, and they all attest. When he does need to get something from his apartment when we're together, he asks me to wait in the car/outside of the unit.

Besides the obvious of him not wanting you in his life any further, behind his door lies either: all the trash he's hoarded, his wife and kids, or an army of blowup dolls

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So, like, the guy poo poo his pants and just hung around at the party for a while after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That old picture of a goon sitting calmly on a couch covered in vomit, except with poo poo in his pants