Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

EBB posted:

Harris dropping out is 100% about her being a bootlicking piece of poo poo who I still will continue to try and vote out of this state in vain. It's not about race.

Yeah she kinda can't run on her past record as a strength, at least not in a democratic primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah it's not so much that people should have supported Harris just because she's black, and more that it's a general problem with society that there aren't any strong non-white candidates.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's no wonder cons love people like this and trump. It's pretty much how they want to be
It's always funny how morally flexible Christians are when it comes to holding onto the disproportionate undeserved power they have.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like the Dem subpoenas got AT&T call records, which showed Giuliani tying into the White House and OMB, plus Nunes talking a lot with the now-indicted Ukranians.

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1201950803990339586?s=19

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1201943168557686785?s=19

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Casimir Radon posted:

So when I found out Clint Eastwood was making a Richard Jewell movie I wondered if it was just some excuse for pro-Donnie demonizing of the FBI and media. Turns out that's exactly what it is. loving go away Clint.

Clint may be a chud, but the FBI are still cops. Cops in suits, but with a god complex that would made even a caricature of an uber-moto Highway Patrolman blush. Which in turn causes a higher rear end in a top hat percentage than the average LEO population.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
cool can't wait for Eastwood to make a biopic about how the government pushed Timothy McVeigh too far or whatever the gently caress.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

C.M. Kruger posted:

cool can't wait for Eastwood to make a biopic about how the government pushed Timothy McVeigh too far or whatever the gently caress.

Heartbreak Ruby Ridge

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That Works posted:

Heartbreak Ruby Ridge
Poor Randy Weaver! If only the evil government had chosen to ignore his huge pile of guns and connections to white supremacists!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

EBB posted:

Harris dropping out is 100% about her being a bootlicking piece of poo poo who I still will continue to try and vote out of this state in vain. It's not about race.

We were talking about this in chat the other day. Thanks to the DNC turtling up post-AOC and threatening to blacklist any consultant or firm that helps primary a Dem they've effectively ensured that people like Harris and Schumer will hold onto their seats until they die.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Excuse me, I believe this belongs in the cop thread.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/lesterfreamon/status/1201928851426889728

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Casimir Radon posted:

So when I found out Clint Eastwood was making a Richard Jewell movie I wondered if it was just some excuse for pro-Donnie demonizing of the FBI and media. Turns out that's exactly what it is. loving go away Clint.

Can someone sing me the Richard Jewell saga, I don't remember what happened.
Foiled bomb plot at the Olympics?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

Heartbreak Ruby Ridge

I'm still amazed that of all people, Sarah Weaver is seemingly the most levelheaded person to come out of that mess.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

Can someone sing me the Richard Jewell saga, I don't remember what happened.
Foiled bomb plot at the Olympics?

He found the bomb as dumbass security guard, feebs decided he must be the guy who planted it and proceeded to try to frame him for it.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

Crakkerjakk posted:

He found the bomb as dumbass security guard, feebs decided he must be the guy who planted it and proceeded to try to frame him for it.

With very enthusiastic help from the news media.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I'm sure this film will go into depth on how the guy who did plant it did so because he hated abortion and the gays.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

MRC48B posted:

I'm sure this film will go into depth on how the guy who did plant it did so because he hated abortion and the gays.

And also previously bombed a gay bar and subsequently bombed an abortion clinic.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MRC48B posted:

Doubt it. It does have some invented poo poo about the villain journalist loving the villain FBI guy for info, and she's long dead so she can't defend herself. Add that to whatever mythology CHUDs live in.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He got caught dumpster diving after living in the woods for a few years in western NC as well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

He got caught dumpster diving after living in the woods for a few years in western NC as well.
It's obvious as gently caress that some of the locals were helping him. Also his dipshit brother cut his own hand off with a circular saw to make some dumb statement about how this was a miscarriage of justice.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Doubt it. It does have some invented poo poo about the villain journalist loving the villain FBI guy for info, and she's long dead so she can't defend herself. Add that to whatever mythology CHUDs live in.

I was being sarcastic. The only stuff Eastwood puts out these days is Chud food. In this case, he's not wrong. Jewell did get screwed by the media.

Clint should go back to yelling at chairs.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Yea you don’t make it that long in that area without some help, unless you’re Daniel Boone himself (then you get chased out repeatedly).

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MRC48B posted:

I was being sarcastic. The only stuff Eastwood puts out these days is Chud food. In this case, he's not wrong. Jewell did get screwed by the media.

Clint should go back to yelling at chairs.
I know.

I was annoyed about Sully because at no point did anyone question that he did the right thing, but here's 90 minutes of filler drama anyway because we're out of ideas. Also I hate Tom Hanks for continuing to jam himself into these 'prestige' roles. Good going Tom, you helped Clint figure out how to craft this kind of bullshit.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like the Dem subpoenas got AT&T call records, which showed Giuliani tying into the White House and OMB, plus Nunes talking a lot with the now-indicted Ukranians.

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1201950803990339586?s=19

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1201943168557686785?s=19

What is that "-1" number supposed to be?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/dennismhogan/status/1201999343064104960?s=19

Mayor Pete eating a cinnamon roll like a loving chicken wing gets me every time

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FAUXTON posted:

What is that "-1" number supposed to be?

It's likely Trump. The OMB number is likely Mulvaney. Neither of those are 100% solid, but they make sense based on the timeframes involved.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/dennismhogan/status/1201999343064104960?s=19

Mayor Pete eating a cinnamon roll like a loving chicken wing gets me every time

Wait does he actually eat a cinnamon roll like a chicken wing are you loving kidding me

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Individual-1

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

orange juche posted:

Wait does he actually eat a cinnamon roll like a chicken wing are you loving kidding me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hahahhahahahahaha what a fuckkn nerd

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Look at this loving clown

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Eric Rudolph was the dumpster diving clinic bomber in NC. Jewel is the Olympic bomber patsy

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Eric Rudolph was the dumpster diving clinic bomber in NC. Jewel is the Olympic bomber patsy

Rudolph was the actual Olympic bomber. He also bombed two abortion clinics and a gay bar, killing a cameraman, a bystander, and at the second clinic bombing, a off duty cop working security.

He also set a secondary device at the second clinic bombing in an attempt to kill first responders.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Wasn't there a Pete and Pete episode about this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nephzinho posted:

Wasn't there a Pete and Pete episode about this.

Yeah, Inspector 34 and the BBQ ribs. It's the only ep I remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G310PL039ZY

e okay it was chicken

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

EBB posted:

Dammit you edited it before I could flex my Pete & Pete Knowledge.

Just know, I know.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shut up cole

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Alright I’m gonna level with you.

The “shut up cole” thing legitimately pisses me off. Please stop it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

EBB posted:

shut up cole

Cole is a good man who I've met myself. Please chill w this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EBB posted:

e okay it was chicken

my best friend growing up's cousin directed most of the pete and pete episodes