Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

echothreealpha posted:

Wonder if some think Derek Smart's ban was faked and he goes here with a different name

and he could be anyone of us.

I am Derek Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Maybe there is a bit of Derek in all of us

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

his nibs posted:

Only if you're a vending machine.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

UnknownTarget posted:

Only if you're a vending machine.

:eyepop:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Chris is such a philantropist. He's giving us skins. For FREE!

Oh wait, what's this?

What? People are making GBS threads on His generous gift?
How dare they! Chris was right! Nothing should be free in this game!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1202223231484284933

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

I mean, when you promise single player questlines that tie into an mmo that features 10,000 real time player battles, with various trades from medic to merchant to mercenary all being equally important, with hundreds of systems to "organically" explore and the selling of secret trade information to navigate the 'verses secrets, with you being able to build your own colony or fleet to control sectors of space, with the ability to turn the real time combat mmo into a real time strategy game with large scale first person combat battles happening while capital ships bombard planets while smaller ships fight off bombers and landing crews, all the while you are talking to people using an RSI branded camera over FOIP while using the RSI joystick, as you are welcomed aboard your capital ship by a bevy of realistic npcs all with their own backstories and needs and are mixed seamlessly with your real crew of players who can communicate across a 50 person ship without issue or spamming "MY rear end NEEDS CHRIS ROBERTS" because as you know everyone loves to roleplay a stoic crewman standing idly by their station for hours on end doing absolutely nothing but saying "aye cap'n" because god knows the news ship outside might broadcast a negative thing and then your reputation in the 'verse will be severely impacted, meanwhile the vanduul fleets are slowly amassing and maybe the other aliens, the banu and whatever the gently caress the others are, have meaningful languages so OF COURSE they are super important and you will obviously be able to interact with them in meaningful ways, but you have to be careful you don't upset the delicate balance in the 'verse because that will have serious impact for your character, including personalized quests and factions, not to mention the guild system that isn't even in the loving game right now, you can't even chat with your loving guildmates, sure, yeah, all that sounds loving incredible, by which I mean not loving happening because its just a "HOLY poo poo WOULDN'T A GAME WITH EVERY POSSIBLE CONCEIVABLE loving MECHANIC BE AMAZING, HOLY poo poo FRED WE SHOULD DESIGN A GAME THAT JUST DOES EVERYTHING, EVERY IDEA FRED" that every single loving teenager has every dreamed up and it doesn't ever loving work because a game of that scale would take at least several hundred million dollars if not a billion and a team so passionate and insane that would be their goddamn lifes work and it would be unending and tiresome and probably for a loving demographic of insane space nerds who would never, ever give you enough money to ever make such a thing loving feasible

but yeah man, sure, I love the "idea" of star citizen

if I was a loving moron

This post and hearings.

Today is a good day.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Good evening. As a duly designated representative of the city, planet and corporation of MicroTech, I order you to cease any and all server crashing and return forthwith to your wankpod of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Buddy doesnt seem to understand that looping the same gameplay as nauseam doesnt make it more worthwhile

I can punch myself in the dick for an hour, but if I do it for 10 hours it's still only dick punching

It doesn't suddenly morph into all these other fantastical experiences

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

his nibs posted:

That’s a kink best kept to yourself.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Vertisce, we're on page 306 man, come on. I know you know how to count.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue On Blue posted:

Buddy doesnt seem to understand that looping the same gameplay as nauseam doesnt make it more worthwhile

I can punch myself in the dick for an hour, but if I do it for 10 hours it's still only dick punching

It doesn't suddenly morph into all these other fantastical experiences

But have you tried dick punching?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lol Vertisce admits to reading the threads.

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
I'd imagine Vertisce would be too cheap to pay for a SomethingAwful account and see posts that are only viewable to subscribers.

Imagine how pissed he'd be then.

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?

Tippis posted:

Does anyone have the heart to tell him that the reason anyone has ever heard of the slippery slope argument is because it's a well-known fallacy. :ohdear:

wtf is up with these dudes, they all sound like 45 year olds who think they are owning the kids with zingers. every citizen somehow channels weird uncle facebook energy

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The post linked in tojal's comment:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

echothreealpha posted:

I'd imagine Vertisce would be too cheap to pay for a SomethingAwful account and see posts that are only viewable to subscribers.

Imagine how pissed he'd be then.

That's why we need to make this thread go Gold

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dementropy posted:

The post linked in tojal's comment:

Hah, like the puny Citizens can grasp the complexity of Mirfibot and you.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Star Citizen: as wallets stay open.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Hav posted:

That’s a kink best kept to yourself.

No it's worth to be shared.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Mirificus posted:

r/ChroniclesOfElyria

/u/mickdude2 seems a reasonable chap so he got my upvote.

Spreading their Star Citizen conspiracy theories into other subs is hilarious.
Also gently caress you, Vertisce.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:ohdear:

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Oh look, a spaceship with two Winnebagos.
Is he copying Spaceballs now?

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
To be honest, I'm not expecting anything from BBC Click, unless they bring up a point over how much CIG has claimed from UK's Video Game Tax Relief over the years.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Dogeh posted:

Oh look, a spaceship with two Winnebagos.
Is he copying Spaceballs now?

Pledge now for Megamaid.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018
This is good for Star Citizen.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

jarlywarly posted:

Pledge now for Megamaid.

Star Citizen: The game both sucks and blows

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Megalobster posted:

bad for Roberts' yacht trips.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:thunk:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zzr posted:

No it's worth to be shared.

Alright. Nibs, what's this midget Derek fetish you have?

Edit: ^^^ That's one way to settle your debts.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hahaha there's the turbulent payoff. guess the fighting about monies owed is finally dead

turbulent was basically just an extension of CIG at this point anyway, including doing a lot of their cinematic ship trailers and the current ship expo crap

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Megalobster posted:

BBC Click is basically tech-based puff pieces. Don't hold out much hope.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Given that turbulent is the only productive entity around star citizen, it makes sense that the roberts wants to micro manage it more.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

hahaha there's the turbulent payoff. guess the fighting about monies owed is finally dead

turbulent was basically just an extension of CIG at this point anyway, including doing a lot of their cinematic ship trailers and the current ship expo crap

Call it valued at half a billion, that's around 500 GBP/Share, so they got just over half a million in valuations each.

Anyone got a rough valuation for Turbulent?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hav posted:

Call it valued at half a billion, that's around 500 GBP/Share, so they got just over half a million in valuations each.

'bout tree fiddy

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

last numbers I did awhile back

TheAgent posted:

hello

quote:

Turbulent Media dba Turbulent
Marketing, Online Media, Games, Coverage

Est Employee Count < 50
Est Revenue in USD $2,000,000 to $5,000,000

Est Employee Count < 50

Est Employee Count < 50

Est Employee Count > 50
Est Revenue in USD $5,000,000 to $10,000,000

Est Employee Count > 50
Est Revenue in USD $5,000,000 to $10,000,000

Est Employee Count > 100
Est Revenue in USD $10,000,000 to $15,000,000

Est Employee Count > 125
Est Revenue in USD $20,000,000 to $25,000,000
interesting stuffs

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GUEST STARRING: SANDI GARDNER (insert accomplishments here)

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Huh, that would also explain why the Spectrum forums now seem back to normal and their default "Hot" post listing category finally works after probably more than a year.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure they've only grown since then. if they were really pulling in $20m a year back in 2017 (although those estimates run high, I'd say they were more like $15m/yr), I'd say they've at least kept that up or increased to $25m/yr.

Buying up 25% of that company would be at least five to ten million dollars, maybe more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

just IMAGINE!