Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SirPablo posted:

Which is worse, Coborn's or Aldi's?

get the gently caress out Aldi is fantastic. i split my purchases between Aldi and Pick'n Save (Kroger) because 1. its down the road 2. great produce, meat, and cheese 3. seem to treat their employees the least bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SirPablo posted:

Aldi has loving fantastic take n’ bake pizzas.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Sorry we tossed you out on your rear end, Jason. Thanks for helping us win the Superbowl and I'm glad you are retiring as a Packer. Now, if you don't mind suiting up for a few more games, our o-line depth is extremely thin...

Aldi rules and Kroger in Virginia sucks. I miss having an entire cheese department at Trigs, and the abilty to buy booze in a grocery store.

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 5, 2019

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

SirPablo posted:

Coburn's is decent, but I only say that because I used then for Grocery delivery for my job

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

I've got 2 Copp's stores within a 5 minute drive of me right now. Also a Triggs, Aldis and Walmart. This is why Wisconsin is so loving fat.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Little old...

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/06/09/twin-cities-grocery-wars-about-to-get-more-intense-thanks-to-hyvee

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yates posted:

I've got 2 Copp's stores within a 5 minute drive of me right now. Also a Triggs, Aldis and Walmart. This is why Wisconsin is so loving fat.

ACAB

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I love that the NFC North is probably the most geographically connected of all the conferences and we all have wildly different poo poo for grocery stores.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SolusLunes posted:

pick n' save probably has the best produce in the southern wisconsin area, but this is basically entirely down to the fact that they got acquired by Kroger and Kroger is very, very good at produce

e: I do miss meijer though, nothing here in cheeseland quite compares

Should be a matter of time before you get one as they are all over eastern Wisconsin already. I like Meijer especially since I have kids, but they have the worst checkout. Aldis wins best checkout, it’s incredible when there’s just one lane open and the line just flies.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

ZombieCrew posted:

If the produce section sucks, Im out. They'd better have some spectacular hard to find canned goods and frozen items for me to bother walking back in. If they can't get their produce section right, then I have serious doubts about there deli and meat departments as well.

E: ive never been to a woodsman. This is a statement for any grocer that deals in produce and other perishables.

To be honest, I haven't really been anywhere that has a "great" produce section in a while. Even our Fresh Thyme (some fancy Whole Foods type place) has pretty unappealing produce. Woodman's at least has a super dope liquor store that rivals prices and selections of discount liquor depots, and they have Mexican and Asian aisles with a ton of relatively hard to find poo poo.

Also I went to a Piggly Wiggly last summer by my girlfriend's house before we lived together and it was extremely depressing. A lot like the K-Mart by my parents house (which I don't even know is open or not anymore, it was a couple of years ago.) Both of them so, so yellow and gross.

iospace posted:

We have a festival now?

Yup! Highway 100 in Hales Corners. Ironically, they knocked down the K-Mart and built a new building for it :v:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

OxySnake posted:

They do!

:science:

Its mostly junk food and snacks.

When I worked at Best Buy in college, it was cheaper to buy a soda at the register using our employee discount than buying one from the vending machine in the break room.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

T-Square posted:

Yup! Highway 100 in Hales Corners. Ironically, they knocked down the K-Mart and built a new building for it :v:

No poo poo. Did they finally finish working on highway 100?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I love that the NFC North is probably the most geographically connected of all the conferences and we all have wildly different poo poo for grocery stores.

And yet all of them are probably owned by either Kroger, Albertsons, or Publix.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
HyVee has the best store brand tortilla chips I've ever tasted, come at me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

C-Euro posted:

HyVee has the best store brand tortilla chips I've ever tasted, come at me

Clearly you've never been to El Rey.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

iospace posted:

No poo poo. Did they finally finish working on highway 100?

Hahahaaaa no. They're also starting poo poo on Forest Home :suicide:

Also drat I need to get back down to El Rey. Pick 'N' Save sells El Rey tortillas and tortilla chips though!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

The real geographic question is the rest of y'all can get Tot the Tater.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

T-Square posted:

Woodman's at least has a super dope liquor store that rivals prices and selections of discount liquor depots

This right here is basically the reason Woodmans does so well. The liquor store is on average at least a third to half the size of the rest of the store.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SirPablo posted:

Aldi is absolutely the best grocery store to go to regularly. They don't have the widest produce selection but it's good enough. They've made a huge leap forward the last few years on quality items and unless you need name brand soda pop there's no reason to go anywhere else

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Whooping Crabs posted:

Sorry we tossed you out on your rear end, Jason.

Quoting for shame

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Week 2 of the Mitch comeback tour is upon us.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Week 2 of the Mitch comeback tour is upon us.

Hes gonna put up great stats in the 4th when the bears are down 24-3 since prince isn't starting and Dak is gonna tear the bears up

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Wegmans, bitches

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

latinotwink1997 posted:

Wegmans, bitches

Went to some huge one when on vacation in Maryland, was blown away. Wish we had them here.

In NFC North related content:
https://sports.theonion.com/parents-sign-up-mitch-trubisky-for-rec-soccer-team-in-h-1840237493

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I almost got mugged at a Winn-Dixie while on vacation.

Midwest stores > *

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

Just popping in to say the deli and fresh tortillas at Cermak near Miller Park are pretty dope. Also the international candy aisle is fun. See ya!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

llibja posted:

Just popping in to say the deli and fresh tortillas at Cermak near Miller Park are pretty dope. Also the international candy aisle is fun. See ya!

oh poo poo....thought i'd hit all the grocery spots in MKE with delis, looks like i've got lunch plans

not sure how things may have changed but Woodman's definitely takes care of their employees, my friends mom was a "lifer" and she retired fairly young with comfortable savings

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Quoting for shame

I might have been drinking when I made that post

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Whooping Crabs posted:

Sorry we tossed you out on your rear end, Jason.

Shameful indeed. His name is Josh.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Ah 35 new posts in the NFC North thread while I was on my flight this morning, I can't wait to see what waiver claims the teams might have picked up...ah, more grocery store chat.

...anyway as a Minnesotan in Texas I can confidently say nothing in the Midwest has ever approached the level of HEB. It's ironic because Minnesotans hate Walmart and love Target, but HEB is a Target to every other grocery store's Walmart.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

We honestly have more details then the GDTs and it makes me love this thread even more.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
love my HoF QB Aldi Rodgers

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I dont believe my sometimes above average Kirkland Brand Cousins.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Rhodes are not closed to your favorite grocery stoor.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

In that case I'm on my Waynes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've literally never heard of or seen any of these places. Not a single one. However I would submit that whichever one has the best and cheapest beer selection is therefore the best

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Play posted:

I've literally never heard of or seen any of these places. Not a single one. However I would submit that whichever one has the best and cheapest beer selection is therefore the best

Woodman's it is!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Making my semi annual football post:

Aldis rules, the Lions loving suck.

See you around Superbowl time!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Comfortador posted:

Making my semi annual football post:

Aldis rules, the Lions loving suck.

See you around Superbowl time!

aloha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

llibja posted:

If you need produce that might be hard to find at a bigger chain grocery store, Cermak is the absolute best because they'll always have it. I make a stew with celery root and Cermak is the only place where I can consistently find it.