Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

I’m not sure how to handle the situation.

uh, kick the roommate out who is sexually bullying your husband

with three kids in the house (i'm assuming young since they try to enter mom and dad's room) you'd be lucky to get a quickie in now and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Well unless you're offering to pay my bills for me for the interim, I'm gonna keep doing what I need to do to not be homeless.

Edit: re: the "Doing business with a company that uses scabbers" thing, not the other one

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well unless you're offering to pay my bills for me for the interim, I'm gonna keep doing what I need to do to not be homeless.

Edit: re: the "Doing business with a company that uses scabbers" thing, not the other one

In my experience strikers are generally understanding of this sort of pickle, though I'm sure that varies depending on the time and place/

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Bruceski posted:

In my experience strikers are generally understanding of this sort of pickle, though I'm sure that varies depending on the time and place/

They're generally a lot more cool if you stop to talk to them instead of just ignoring them as you cross the picket.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I don't disagree, I'm just saying a lot of people I know in unions are unhappy with people who cross picket lines.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

no he was saying they were s'cabs as in, super cabs

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for asking my boyfriend to keep his hands out of his pants?

When I moved in with my boyfriend (24M) this year, I noticed that he has a nasty habit that has been slowly driving me insane. He has to be touching his genitals. All the time.

He'll have his hand down his pants while we're watching TV on the couch. He'll have his hands down his pants while he brushes his teeth. He'll be standing in the living room holding a full conversation with me, all the while juggling his giblets. I dismissed it for a while as a simple quirk, but my irritation has been building over time, and now I'm at my wits' end.

I don't understand it. I'll never understand it. He says they don't itch and that it's just a comfort thing, but to me it's disgusting. I'm sure every inch of our apartment is covered in a thin layer of ball sweat. You're supposed to wash your hands every time you take a piss, but flopping it around in your pants 10 minutes later is no big deal? He'll reach up and touch my face after for god's sake.

Recently, I've started to call him out when I catch him doing it, which is typically twice a day. It's just a simple "Get your hands out of there," or a "Would you mind washing your hands?" but honestly I feel like a mother trying to train her toddler. It's exhausting.

I'm really worried that I'm just being controlling, because despite it being gross, it's (probably) not directly impacting me at all. He is otherwise a wonderful partner and a fairly sanitary person, and he deserves to be comfortable in his own home, but at the same time, I just don't think this is normal. I can't imagine sitting with my fingers up my vagina for comfort in front of my partner.

AITA for trying to get him to stop? Is this just "a guy thing" that I have to learn to be okay with?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

When I moved in with my boyfriend (24M) this year, I noticed that he has a nasty habit that has been slowly driving me insane. He has to be touching his genitals. All the time.

He'll have his hand down his pants while we're watching TV on the couch. He'll have his hands down his pants while he brushes his teeth. He'll be standing in the living room holding a full conversation with me, all the while juggling his giblets. I dismissed it for a while as a simple quirk, but my irritation has been building over time, and now I'm at my wits' end.

I don't understand it. I'll never understand it. He says they don't itch and that it's just a comfort thing, but to me it's disgusting. I'm sure every inch of our apartment is covered in a thin layer of ball sweat. You're supposed to wash your hands every time you take a piss, but flopping it around in your pants 10 minutes later is no big deal? He'll reach up and touch my face after for god's sake.

Recently, I've started to call him out when I catch him doing it, which is typically twice a day. It's just a simple "Get your hands out of there," or a "Would you mind washing your hands?" but honestly I feel like a mother trying to train her toddler. It's exhausting.

I'm really worried that I'm just being controlling, because despite it being gross, it's (probably) not directly impacting me at all. He is otherwise a wonderful partner and a fairly sanitary person, and he deserves to be comfortable in his own home, but at the same time, I just don't think this is normal. I can't imagine sitting with my fingers up my vagina for comfort in front of my partner.

AITA for trying to get him to stop? Is this just "a guy thing" that I have to learn to be okay with?

Al Bundy, is that you???

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bruceski posted:

Uber is all about destroying poo poo pay for the people already on poo poo pay. The exception for using Uber is people who, justifiably, feel unsafe catching public transport or using taxis.

If you are in a position to safely use another form of transport and do not because "uber is easier" then you're a scab crossing the line and should be guillotined. This isn't a difficult concept.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Sorry, I'm out of the loop. Are uber drivers currently striking?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Serephina posted:

Sorry, I'm out of the loop. Are uber drivers currently striking?

jokes on you they're independent contractors

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Uber may be a bad company, but unions aren't picketing so it has no relation to scabbing. Ditto Amazon, instacart, doordash, banks, and 90% of the companies you use all the time. It might make you a kinda crummy person, but not a scab.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Remember all the "a woman grinding on the couch while watching TV means she was molested as a child" hot takes? Do they apply to this guy too?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting to walk away from my wedding without telling anyone?

I've been with my fiancee for 8 years, we were each other's firsts for everything and have never dated other people. We always knew were going to get married and last year I proposed and the wedding was sent for January 2020. I've never been happier and whilst she wanted a big glitzy wedding I managed to convince her to have a small affair in Scandinavia with family and close friends, then the money we saved can either go to a house deposit or our honeymoon.

We were having a talk this weekend and she wanted us to get all our secrets and issues out of the way so we could start the new decade and marriage with a clean slate. I found this odd but decided to do it anyway as I didn't have much to confess.

When we were at university we had a period of about a month where we weren't speaking, we had a massive argument and whilst I remember clearly that we hadn't broken up or "go on a break" we weren't speaking to each other. The argument started because she was getting close to some guy and she wanted to open our relationship. I was totally against it and she finally agreed with me but wouldn't speak to me.

She confessed to me that during this 2 month period she went ahead with it anyway and in her words "It was a mistake and made me realise how much I loved you". I could understand if it had been one night, but for 2 months? No.

I didn't know what to say so I just said "It's all in the past" and pretended everything was ok, but in reality I am very upset that she lied and hid this for too long and I have lost all love for her and any interest in marrying her.

AITA if I tell my parents what happened and then just ghost her and our friends? I don't want to deal with her trying to convince me to stay, I just want to walks away from it all.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

Uber may be a bad company, but unions aren't picketing so it has no relation to scabbing. Ditto Amazon, instacart, doordash, banks, and 90% of the companies you use all the time. It might make you a kinda crummy person, but not a scab.

Remember all the "a woman grinding on the couch while watching TV means she was molested as a child" hot takes? Do they apply to this guy too?

I'll make sure to have my girlfriend mushroom stamp me with her vag next week to make the analogy work

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I do this. I had to take a hand out of my underwear to tap out this message. Every time someone borrows my iPad, it’s like they’re giving me a handjob.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting to walk away from my wedding without telling anyone?

Dump that zero.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

thatguy posted:

I'll make sure to have my girlfriend mushroom stamp me with her vag next week to make the analogy work

That hot take applied here would be stupid for the same reasons hth

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s not unreasonable to ask your partner to stop touching their genitals all the time.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Oh it's totally reasonable. In both cases the junk-stimulators are being weird and annoying.* It's just not a smoking gun for his deep trauma at a formative age.

* in his case it's also gross/unhygienic since there's hand-junk contact. In her case iirc everything stayed wrapped up

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Inceltown posted:

If you are in a position to safely use another form of transport and do not because "uber is easier" then you're a scab crossing the line and should be guillotined. This isn't a difficult concept.

yep

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I didn't think her grinding everything was a for sure sign of sexual abuse, but it was definitely sexual in a way that this dude's behaviour is not.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It don't matter a good god drat whether it's sexual or not. Get a security blanket or a stress ball or something and stop smearing ball-sweat all over everything.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Inceltown posted:

Uber is all about destroying poo poo pay for the people already on poo poo pay. The exception for using Uber is people who, justifiably, feel unsafe catching public transport or using taxis.

What sort of device did you type this on? Were there any east Asian parts involved? If so, you are doing more to undermine the American worker than someone taking an uber.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

therobit posted:

What sort of device did you type this on? Were there any east Asian parts involved? If so, you are doing more to undermine the American worker than someone taking an uber.

This is also the plot of The Good Place.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

therobit posted:

We should improve society somewhat shouldn't be controversial.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Inceltown posted:

Isn't uber infamously way less safe than taxis? Taxis vet their employees while uber is like "registered sex offender? Ok cool whatever"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for tweeting that my ex boyfriend lied about going into the military to break up with me?

Around this time last year, I got back together with a boyfriend from college for about four months. I am good friends with his sister. He and I rekindled our young love at her wedding. Shortly after we got together, I got really sick. Through the stress of that situation, I think we both quickly realized that we weren’t right for each other, but that’s not why we broke up...

After a couple months, he started tossing around the idea of joining the military. One night he told me that he had decided to enlist. He had already talked to a recruiting officer. He planned to move pretty quickly with his plans. I told him that I didn’t want to do long distance, and he understood. I let him know that I was willing to continue dating until he left. He told me there would be no point. So through tear filled eyes, we kissed goodbye.

After the breakup I would occasionally ask him how he was doing and even wished him a happy birthday. He would never initiate a text to me and always had very short replies. Well here we are, one year later, and I still see him driving around town all the time. Maybe he didn’t lie, maybe it wasn’t an excuse, but it sure seems like it was! I’m a comedian and I think this is hilarious. I recently tweeted “My ex used to listen to the Joe Rogan podcast every day, and yet I was still surprised when he lied about going into the military just to break up with me.”

The tweet was a smash hit. Lots of favorites. The only person he knows that follows me on Twitter is his sister. AND SHE WAS FURIOUS. She sent him a screenshot of the tweet. I did not think about the possibility that that could happen. He was pissed. His sister confronted me about it, accused me of lying and hurting his reputation. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I simply hate Joe Rogan. Am I the rear end hole?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
If you're going to use Uber, use Lyft instead. Their corporate culture isn't completely hosed and they're better towards their drivers.

Really though, I wish the whole world could have London Black Cabs.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Inceltown posted:

We should improve society somewhat shouldn't be controversial.

I find it interesting that this is the specific line you draw. A smart phone also isn't a necessity but I bet you use one, despite all of the social and environmental cost, but you are perfectly willing to rail against someone who needs a ride and is taking the cheaper option that shows up faster and doesn't redline out the poor neighborhood after dark.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for tweeting that my ex boyfriend lied about going into the military to break up with me?

Around this time last year, I got back together with a boyfriend from college for about four months. I am good friends with his sister. He and I rekindled our young love at her wedding. Shortly after we got together, I got really sick. Through the stress of that situation, I think we both quickly realized that we weren’t right for each other, but that’s not why we broke up...

After a couple months, he started tossing around the idea of joining the military. One night he told me that he had decided to enlist. He had already talked to a recruiting officer. He planned to move pretty quickly with his plans. I told him that I didn’t want to do long distance, and he understood. I let him know that I was willing to continue dating until he left. He told me there would be no point. So through tear filled eyes, we kissed goodbye.

After the breakup I would occasionally ask him how he was doing and even wished him a happy birthday. He would never initiate a text to me and always had very short replies. Well here we are, one year later, and I still see him driving around town all the time. Maybe he didn’t lie, maybe it wasn’t an excuse, but it sure seems like it was! I’m a comedian and I think this is hilarious. I recently tweeted “My ex used to listen to the Joe Rogan podcast every day, and yet I was still surprised when he lied about going into the military just to break up with me.”

The tweet was a smash hit. Lots of favorites. The only person he knows that follows me on Twitter is his sister. AND SHE WAS FURIOUS. She sent him a screenshot of the tweet. I did not think about the possibility that that could happen. He was pissed. His sister confronted me about it, accused me of lying and hurting his reputation. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I simply hate Joe Rogan. Am I the rear end hole?

I... don't understand why the sister thinks she's lying.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

therobit posted:

I find it interesting that this is the specific line you draw. A smart phone also isn't a necessity but I bet you use one, despite all of the social and environmental cost, but you are perfectly willing to rail against someone who needs a ride and is taking the cheaper option that shows up faster and doesn't redline out the poor neighborhood after dark.

So what you're saying is that people shouldn't give a poo poo about improving society because it's already bad so why try?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

therobit posted:

Pointing out uber and amazon grinding independent contractors into dust and literally bootheeling existing markets and then answering with lmao cell phones doesn't suddenly give the no ethical consumption argument license to justify doing nothing

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

CountryMatters posted:

Isn't uber infamously way less safe than taxis? Taxis vet their employees while uber is like "registered sex offender? Ok cool whatever"

No one's actually collecting data in any systematic way, but I remember that back when Uber was coming into Canada there was this story out of Halifax where a Taxi driver got fired after a fourth female passenger had accused him of sexual assault, so I'm not sure if Uber is less safe or just famous enough that their creeps make the news quicker.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Inceltown posted:

So what you're saying is that people shouldn't give a poo poo about improving society because it's already bad so why try?

No, I'm saying you're a loving hypocrite.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

therobit posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my wife our kids will not celebrate Christmas

quote:

Because when she married me, I told her all of this already. I’m Muslim but not super religious or anything. I grew up in America but my parents are immigrants and it’s how I was raised.

My wife wanted us to get a small Christmas tree (we have a 3 and 5 year old) and I said no. Now she said it’s not fair that they don’t get to experience this, she got upset.

My kids aren’t going to celebrate Christmas, we already agreed on that before we got married and I told her that. Those were my only rules really.

She told me it’s not fair. I’m letting them basically celebrate every holiday except Christmas and Easter. I let them do Halloween, we do thanksgiving, new year etc.

It’s just the way it goes.

Edit: we have our own holiday where the kids get presents.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lucrece posted:

AITA for telling my wife our kids will not celebrate Christmas

ESH. I dunno.

I get that he laid that out before but he really doesn't give the greatest reason why not besides saying its just not what he did.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

therobit posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

He's not wrong in that (if I recall, anyway) there is a roughly equivalent holiday for Muslims, he's still being an enormous rear end in a top hat about it. "I said no! My way, or nothing at all!"

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

therobit posted:

He said:

quote:

If you are in a position to safely use another form of transport and do not because "uber is easier"

Which isn't really the case with electronics. Even if you're willing to pay more, you can't buy a computer or smart phone with no parts manufactured in Asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

MarcusSA posted:

ESH. I dunno.

I get that he laid that out before but he really doesn't give the greatest reason why not besides saying its just not what he did.

He all but spelled it out; he's Muslim and has a different cultural background that he wants to keep and pass on to his kids. Without it being obliterated by the US mono-culture. It's a perfectly valid reason, and he's not isolating/depriving his kids as the Halloween/Thanksgiving comment shows.