Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Serephina posted:

He all but spelled it out; he's Muslim and has a different cultural background that he wants to keep and pass on to his kids. Without it being obliterated by the US mono-culture. It's a perfectly valid reason, and he's not isolating/depriving his kids as the Halloween/Thanksgiving comment shows.

OK but what about the wife's culture? It doesn't seem as though she shares the same background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lucrece posted:

AITA for telling my wife our kids will not celebrate Christmas

Absolute rear end in a top hat and I can't believe people are arguing otherwise. She's not saying she wants to only celebrate her holidays, they will still do the Islamic ones, but he is explicitly ruling out her holiday that is meaningful to her.
If an American guy married an Islamic woman and point blank refused to let the kids celebrate those holidays it would be blindingly obvious he's the rear end in a top hat

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Christmas isn't even about christ anymore (and hasn't been for a long-rear end time lmao), dude needs to take a few hefty chill pills.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

OK but what about the wife's culture? It doesn't seem as though she shares the same background.

Dude you're the guy who said "she didn't quite protest enough" about a woman saying "this isn't cool". Don't try to culture shame

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
According to him, she agreed to those conditions before marrying him. If that's true, I don't see how he's TA.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

they very obviously were not clear on what the policy wrt holidays was going to be, or she wouldn't be surprised and upset.

also, the gently caress's he going to do if she puts up a tree?

my bet would be they talked about it once, he stonewalled the issue, and considered it settled and agreed upon, while she considered it tabled for the future and forgot about it

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 5, 2019

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Beachcomber posted:

According to him, she agreed to those conditions before marrying him. If that's true, I don't see how he's TA.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a pre nuptial agreement that gives you immunity to being called an rear end in a top hat online when you are controlling and upset your wife

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

MarcusSA posted:

Sorting out religion and kids is one of the VERY big things you sorted before getting married. She married the guy knowing that his kids from a previous relationship where being raised in a certain way. Suddenly acting pissy about it a while later after your married sounds a lot like she was expecting him to just "come around" on the way he's raising his kids.

CountryMatters posted:

Absolute rear end in a top hat and I can't believe people are arguing otherwise. She's not saying she wants to only celebrate her holidays, they will still do the Islamic ones, but he is explicitly ruling out her holiday that is meaningful to her.
If an American guy married an Islamic woman and point blank refused to let the kids celebrate those holidays it would be blindingly obvious he's the rear end in a top hat
Context is important here; One of these two cultures (it's a lot more culture than religion by the way the guy is presenting it) is totally marginalized in the states. No amount of sheltering will stop those kids from being intimately familiar with Christian stuff and western culture, while on the other hand if he doesn't actively celebrate his own traditions the kids will never know of them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Dude you're the guy who said "she didn't quite protest enough" about a woman saying "this isn't cool". Don't try to culture shame

:jerkbag:

Where is the culture shaming?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

my bet would be they talked about it once, he stonewalled the issue, and considered it settled and agreed upon, while she considered it tabled for the future and forgot about it
Given the way he talks in his writing this is almost certainly what happened. It came up, he threw a fit, then assumed he'd get his way.

Lucrece posted:

quote:

It's just the way it goes
aka "I always get what I want."

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Serephina posted:

while on the other hand if he doesn't actively celebrate his own traditions the kids will never know of them.

He says he's not even really religious though so it reads like they don't even really do them.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Serephina posted:

Sorting out religion and kids is one of the VERY big things you sorted before getting married. She married the guy knowing that his kids from a previous relationship where being raised in a certain way. Suddenly acting pissy about it a while later after your married sounds a lot like she was expecting him to just "come around" on the way he's raising his kids.

Context is important here; One of these two cultures (it's a lot more culture than religion by the way the guy is presenting it) is totally marginalized in the states. No amount of sheltering will stop those kids from being intimately familiar with Christian stuff and western culture, while on the other hand if he doesn't actively celebrate his own traditions the kids will never know of them.

He will be actively celebrating his culture, they will do both. Which frankly sounds awesome for the kids, what kid wouldn't want additional special days?
If they moved out of America to a country where they mostly celebrated other holidays, would you be saying they should only do the wife's ones now because it's no longer the mainstream one?
Holidays aren't indie bands, they don't become less cool when other people are taking part too

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Given the way he talks in his writing this is almost certainly what happened. It came up, he threw a fit, then assumed he'd get his way.

aka "I always get what I want."

“My kids.”

Edit: Also, “... before we got married and I told her that.“

“Told.”

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Serephina posted:

She's not demanding they be raised baptist and the house be purged of anything vaguely muslim. she's asking to put up a christmas tree. this isn't about religion, it's about decoration. he's a controlling turd and she should call his bluff. if he cools off, they talk, their relationship could definitely come out the stronger for it. or he loses his poo poo, serves her papers, they have an ugly custody battle, but at least she gets out before he starts punching her

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
war on christmas

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for rigging a DnD to purposely put a player in their place?

Okay, so I picked up DnD because I wanted to find more common ground with my husband (who is really sick, so I figured we would do something to cheer him up!) Since then, I've been dubbed DM because apparently I'm the only one in the group that can do any sort of research. (We are all really really new to the game).

Well, there are usually five of us. and we are working on a home-brewed campaign. It's about the group of adventures who are supposed to help a woodfey figure out why the area is being burned and becoming sick. This should lead to a dragon being controlled by an unknown old god. I do a lot of improvising because I don't like killing the players, but I still want them to feel danger.

Well, now this one player is acting like an rear end in a top hat and argues about everything with me. Wants to murder all the NPC, or steal from them all the time because he's a rogue. Finally, I've had enough when he kept trying to "stealth" (disappearing like in WoW) in the middle of battle. I told him he could roll to hide, but he can't just stealth (especially sense he literally just stole the bandit's crossbow) . We go back and forth when finally I was like sure you roll for it but for now on you have to hit a 20 everytime. He gets all pissy, and starts poo poo talking on my campaign, then rolls for stealth and fails. He then tries to say he gets to roll again, and that I'm just being a sore loser.

So, I whipped out a loving displacer-beast that immediately attacks and nearly kills this rogue. He says I'm being an rear end in a top hat not letting everyone have fun, and that I'm not a good DM. I tell him to DM next time then. My husband said I made it awkward and that maybe I should just let him do as he pleases. What do you think Reddit?

To clarify: I've talked about the rules on stealth too many time to count. I finally tried to compromise just so we could play. The Displacer beast didn't kill anyone. I let the group talk it down, and the beast task them to kill the black pudding.(As it would eat the the Cubs when it wasn't around.) Mildly banged up, the group did get home and rest. I honestly really appreciate the tips, and honesty. I'll talk to the rogue, about chilling out and that I promise not to just whip out a displayed beast if he promises to just stick to the rules and stop arguing with me about everything. Thank you so much!

UPDATE: I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not a fan of D&D, and don't find it a lot of fun. It's too time consuming. I don't like arguing for two hours when I make stupid little cards for different monsters and make out all maps that take up alot of time.

Which is probably why I lashed out. Thanks again for all of the help! I'll be sure to pass the wisdom nuggets to whoever DMs next.

about 10 pages back but what you do here is kill the character and offer to let him reroll and reject most of the murderhobo options (anything evil or neutral, even chaotic good, rogues, fighters, etc)

if he can't come to an amicable state, tell him you'll give him one last chance if he accepts a character you yourself design and make it a lawful good monk with a strict code of pacifism and honesty, i.e. can't steal, can't lie and can't attack first. if he steps out of bounds, he loses all his abilities by divine fiat

make sure you really indulge this player whenever they play by the rules, give them all kinds of adoration and attention and material rewards when they act good, if they gently caress up their second chance you 86 this jerkbag for life

e: if someone argues with you, the DM, put them on time out and turn their char into an NPC til the end of the encounter. when you go to get them afterwards, explain that you're in charge, that you're tasked with creating a good experience for everybody and that a single individual will not be allowed to overtake the party in importance by hook or by crook

Former DILF fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 5, 2019

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Anyone who gives religion of any sorts any weight with regards to children is an rear end in a top hat. I have spoken.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

therobit posted:

I find it interesting that this is the specific line you draw. A smart phone also isn't a necessity but I bet you use one, despite all of the social and environmental cost, but you are perfectly willing to rail against someone who needs a ride and is taking the cheaper option that shows up faster and doesn't redline out the poor neighborhood after dark.

"uhhhhh what?? rebel against the ruling class??? but then who shall work the fields and tend the lord's croppes??????"

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Former DILF posted:

about 10 pages back but what you do here is kill the character and offer to let him reroll and reject most of the murderhobo options (anything evil or neutral, even chaotic good, rogues, fighters, etc)

if he can't come to an amicable state, tell him you'll give him one last chance if he accepts a character you yourself design and make it a lawful good monk with a strict code of pacifism and honesty, i.e. can't steal, can't lie and can't attack first. if he steps out of bounds, he loses all his abilities by divine fiat

make sure you really indulge this player whenever they play by the rules, give them all kinds of adoration and attention and material rewards when they act good, if they gently caress up their second chance you 86 this jerkbag for life

e: if someone argues with you, the DM, put them on time out and turn their char into an NPC til the end of the encounter. when you go to get them afterwards, explain that you're in charge, that you're tasked with creating a good experience for everybody and that a single individual will not be allowed to overtake the party in importance by hook or by crook

Wacky solutions to bad players in D&D is a terrible idea. If one of your players keeps loving up the game you should never indulge them by having a manic genie show up and punish them/seal their powers or whatever, unless you are a literal teenager.
You just say Gary stop being a poo poo, and if Gary continues to be a poo poo he is no longer invited

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Eid is not a full replacement for Christmas, and it doesnt even sound like the kids are getting that from the dads not very religious line. Its a tough conversation in non-christian communities and one they should have hashed out better earlier, but I can also say that based on my experiences those kids are feeling left out and there dad isnt even providing a good reason why.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I'm 100 pages back but holy poo poo I want that "16 year revenge cicada" story to be real. Ice cold.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

His reason is good enough for him and in his universe that means it's a good enough reason for anyone, because he is god and he has decided there will be no christmas.

He's the rear end in a top hat and the best present mom can give herself and the kids is to get rid of him ASAP.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ilmucche posted:

I'm 100 pages back but holy poo poo I want that "16 year revenge cicada" story to be real. Ice cold.

Not as ice cold as the Best Friend Ever. I'd pull it up, but I only just now remembered it.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My boyfriend talks to his ex girlfriend on this “special” app...

quote:

My (29F) boyfriend (22M) met through a common friend online. He lives in the state next to mine so I’m not too worried about being too long distance. I have a 7 year old and have been married once, my boyfriend has only seriously dated this girl he met online (she lives in the other side of the country). They dated for 2 years, they sent each other souvenirs, Skyped everyday, but never met physically. She cheated on my boyfriend and really hurt him. However for A while they have been talking In a friendly way.

What has been bothering me is that My boyfriend has this app just to talk to her. He said she likes to use that app because it’s “kawaii” and pink and cute. However this makes me uncomfortable. They used this app a lot when they were dating, that was the only way they messaged each other.

She also comments on his pictures on Facebook and uses cute faces in the comments. She also likes a lot of the stuff my boyfriend likes, that I haven’t had a chance to get into, like some manga and card games.

She’s 21, to what I know. In a different stage of life than me. My boyfriend reassures me always his feelings and does spend a lot of time with me but I can’t help to feel very insecure and angry sometimes.

Am I overreacting? How can I stop feeling like this?

Thanks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Tell us the app god dammit

also hearing kawaii is a blast from the past, even anime barely seems to use that anymore

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
The idea of being 29 and thinking about getting into manga to impress a boy is like... honey, why

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Tell us the app god dammit

also hearing kawaii is a blast from the past, even anime barely seems to use that anymore

Kawaii here is illustrated by Bellsprout, while the Muk represents Internet Fetish Bullshit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anne Whateley posted:

Uber may be a bad company,

That's one way of putting it.

https://twitter.com/bcmerchant/status/1202377948545708032

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Being a mixed faith family is cool, more awesome meals, more presents and no arguing about which set of parents gets to see you on which holidays.

I'm Jewish as hell and there is a Christmas tree in my house right now because I cannot imagine being enough of an rear end in a top hat to stop my partner from doing something they enjoy that doesn't affect me in any tangible way.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MrQwerty posted:

Poop knife and gurglespurts are the best poop-related stories by 10 miles

What about the one goon who had an ex whose family used to eat dinner on the shitter (or was that in the Crazy Ex thread)?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Admiral Ray posted:

They are very funny and bizarre but the most memorable was the lady that wanted to eat her unwilling husband's poo poo.

That one was even a thread title for a while.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Inceltown posted:

Uber is all about destroying poo poo pay for the people already on poo poo pay. The exception for using Uber is people who, justifiably, feel unsafe catching public transport or using taxis.

If you are in a position to safely use another form of transport and do not because "uber is easier" then you're a scab crossing the line and should be guillotined. This isn't a difficult concept.

Posted from my Chinese slave labour made iPhone.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My (35M) girlfriend (20F) and I talked about having children. Everything fell apart and she had an emotional meltdown, packed her things and left that night. A 2.5 year relationship disintegrated in front of me in less than two hours

quote:

Inb4: Our age difference is definitely a factor in this story. Please don't just trot out the "Half age +7 there's your problem Boom!" response, as that isn't helpful. However, open and thoughtful responses as to how/why our age difference was a factor are welcome. Story will also include appearances by the three thieves of relationships: lack of communication, insecurity and jealousy.

There's a lot of backstory/moving parts here, please bear with me.

My ex(?), Denise and I started talking online a little less than three years ago, when she was 18. Denise posted about being into older guys and we started chatting. Everything just clicked. We'd chat for hours, finish each other's sentences, etc. Our first date was also the first time that we met each other. It was better in person than we imagined and we've been together ever since. This is probably important, but I'm her first love. She's dated a LOT before me, but I'm the first person she's been in love with.

We did everything together and it felt amazing. There wasn't one thing that we didn't love about each other. Nothing that we disliked, no annoyances. Nothing. Our families loved each of us, despite the early questions of "How old is s/he?" Her dad is retired special forces and still a tough SOB. Even he was supportive of our relationship after meeting and seeing how we felt about each other.

Denise had a rough childhood. Spent a year in a bad foster care situation. She's the youngest in a large family and sibling fights were typically settled with physical aggression. Being in a family with three generations of military men also meant that she had to grow up and toughen up fast. She's in her last semester at college and will most likely get hired right out of school for the line of work that she wants to do.

I have a young son from a previous relationship. My son's mother, Jackie, and Denise get along relatively well (I thought). They hang out sometimes, go clothes shopping for my son. Jackie started dating someone new after Denise and I started dating. Jackie became pregnant, got engaged and they're now planning their wedding.

Denise is great with my son. The two of them love each other and it makes me happy to see the two of them get along so well. Her school schedule at this point is relatively light and she's here at my place a lot of the time. She prides herself on cleaning (even worked as a cleaner for a while), and the place is always in great shape when I get home from work. I'm not a slob, but I'm also not the cleanest person in the world, either. Every single time I come home I am VERY thankful for all of the work that she's done. I'm also quick to say that I'd never expect her to put in this much work by herself and if she would have waited we could have cleaned up together. I surprise her with flowers every month or two, and do a lot of other small, sweet things for her, in part as thanks for everything that she does here for the three of us.

The past few months she's been complaining about feeling stressed and anxious. Her body is tense and sore from it, She feels nauseous. I suggest that she go to the doctor and offer to talk and ask her what she's so worried about. The answer's always vague, about school or things in her family, or work.

We've been talking about marriage and starting a family for at least a year. We've talked about moving in together, about getting engaged and continuing to move forward with our lives together. But for some reason or another, the moving in part never came to be. I don't know why I had a one-track mind of The Order of things, and never thought "You know, I could propose and we could be engaged before we move in together"

A few weeks ago I started thinking that I'm getting to be an age where I'm not sure if I want to have kids. I wasn't a hard 'No' in my mind, but I wasn't as eager as I'd felt in the past. It was on my mind, and Denise could tell that something was up. We sat down to talk and I told her my feeling. She told me that she doesn't consider me old at all and that she only wants two things in life - the first is to marry me, which I agreed to before she was even finished speaking. Then she said that she also wants to have a child with me. I said that I know that we had talked about that a lot, but that right now I'm not as much of a yes as I had been.

And that answer triggered just an incredible outpouring of emotion. It came from out of nowhere. We were both holding each other and she was so upset. To me my answer wasn't a "no" but meant to be a start of a conversation about, "Ok, what's our timeline for these things and let's start moving". Instead it sparked uncontrollable crying and sobbing and she could barely breathe. It was like a dam broke and everything was pouring out at once. She said that anything but a hard 'yes' came across as a 'no' to her. She just jumped up and said, "I can never be the woman you want me to be. I've gotta get out of here. I've got to find someone new now and start all over" She ran to the bedroom and started packing her stuff. I followed her and asked what was going on and it was like I wasn't even there. She was babbling to herself and I couldn't understand what she was saying, it was so out of control and out of character.

As she was packing she calmed down enough to talk, but only in short bursts. She said that she feels like she needs to be The Perfect Housewife for me and the stress and anxiety that she puts on herself to keep the house clean is unbearable. She's on BC but is terrified that if she accidentally got pregnant I'd leave her because in my first relationship the pregnancy caused its downfall (more of a trigger for the inevitable, but this definitely wasn't the time to bring that up)... that even though she knows it's completely illogical she's jealous af of my ex because we've been dating longer but she gets to have a(nother) baby first and got engaged and is going to get married first... She said that she's had so much stress and anxiety that she's been having other physical feminine symptoms and had to go to her doctor because of it.

There were a few other things along the same lines, but I just stood there feeling like I'd been hit in the head with a two by four! We'd never talked about ANY of those things before! And I would be supportive of her on all of them. I thought that I was appreciative of all of the work that she does around here while verbalizing as best I could that I never expected her to do much work. It was like she had an idealized version of love and that's what she was trying to act out. Of course I'd never abandon her if she ever became pregnant.

There were other things that she said caused her to feel insecure and self-conscious - but they were all things that SHE brings up because she thought that I liked them! If I knew that anything in our relationship was making her feel bad about herself I would have wanted us to stop that immediately! That's not any kind of relationship that anyone wants to be in!

Denise finished packing, said she needed space and left. And I was left standing there in complete, utter shock. Since she wanted space I was good about that, but a lot of her things were still here. I packed them up and a few days later told her that I'd drop them off. She said no, I shouldn't have to do that, and she came by to get the rest of her things. When Denise got here she said that just being here was driving her stress into overdrive. She was afraid that I was going to scream at her, or hit her because of what happened (?!?! I am not a violent person at all. I've never hit ANYONE in my life and I've never even so much as raised my voice at her).

We cried again in each other's arms and said how horrible we felt. Neither one of us had slept, our bodies hurt, I'd been throwing up and missed work because of it. We told each other that we loved each other and I tried to kiss her. It was like kissing a dead fish. She said that she'd message me probably in a few weeks and left. It seemed to be on a good vibe and despite the tears we were both smiling.

A few days later we started texting for a short while and it was just a very light "hey, how are you feeling?" conversation. Nothing deep at all. Again, I backed off because I knew that she wanted space. Two days later Denise texted me, essentially saying "I know that I said I needed space but I also need texting space. When I hear from you it sets my stress and anxiety into overdrive. Please don't respond, I'll message you when we can talk about things again."

And that was it. No timeline of when she'd check in, nothing. After a day or two it started to eat at me like maggots devouring my insides. I wanted to go to her house, I wanted to talk and find out all these things that were bothering her. I wanted to fix all of these things that felt like they would have all been a 2 minute conversation. I agreed with everything that she'd spat out at me the night when it all crumbled down! She'd just never brought any of them up (for fear of upsetting me?)

Flash forward and I'm sitting in my therapist's office trying to piece together all that had happened. Near the end he flipped through his notepad and said, "Even though I don't know Denise at all, from the things that you've said, and her upbringing, I wrote the word 'security' down three different times." He suggested that I wait a few more days, then maybe send some flowers with a gentle "I'm here for you" note. He was emphatic about "no riding in on horseback with 5 dozen roses", but something small would be a good symbol.

I told him that I was a bit wary about that because of, coincidentally, something which I think that I read on this sub: What makes my desire to get back together with her more important than her desire to have space right now? He said that he understood that, but at the same time humans are horrible at treading water. She didn't say when she'd get back to me, so am I supposed to just wait around.... indefinitely?

So, a week and a half after she texted me that she wanted space, I sent a small bouquet of pink flowers with a note that I was still here for her. No response.

And that kicked my brain into overdrive. Ugh. This past Saturday I sent her an email. I said that I didn't want to be intrusive but wanted to give her new information. That I was on her side for all of the things that she'd mentioned that night that are causing her stress. That I loved her and that I still want to marry her. I thought long and hard and I DO want to raise a family with her. At the end I asked her to please reach out so we can talk about all of this because I can't tread water like this forever.

Objectively I'm sure that I need to sit back and give her space, but for how long until I just decide to cut my losses? Should I wait it out for a period and maybe ask her to go for a coffee? What do you think my next steps, or non-steps should be here?

TL;DR What seemed like a great relationship on the surface was anything but for my girlfriend. A discussion about having kids causes a meltdown and instead of leaving room for discussion she packed up her stuff and disappeared

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm not going to read that. The ages + title are enough already, he admits it in the first line, then confirms he dated an 18 y/o in the second.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Half age +7 there's your problem Boom!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

therobit posted:

No, I'm saying you're a loving hypocrite.

A person who makes some ethically-compromised decisions while refusing to make others is still a better person than someone who throws their hands up and decides not to try. Especially when, as others have pointed out, there are few to no better alternatives to the bad thing they do. There's no ethical consumption under capitalism but there is more and less unethical consumption.

Pirate Radar posted:

Paragraphs are hard.
It's a couple pages back but I love this story. The roommate is objectively a huge rear end in a top hat but I love the image of him casually listening in from his bedroom and immediately texting the husband when they're done.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (35M) girlfriend (20F) and I talked about having children. Everything fell apart and she had an emotional meltdown, packed her things and left that night. A 2.5 year relationship disintegrated in front of me in less than two hours

like every second word is a red flag, that's gotta be some sort of record.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lucrece posted:

YTA. Muslims all over the world celebrate christmas.

It's just instead of jesus being son of god, he's just a prophet of god.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Warning: :barf:

quote:

WIBTA for kicking out my boyfriend because he refuses to fix his feet?
u/bfgrossfeet3h
English isn't my first language.

I (23F) have a boyfriend (25M). He moved in with me about 3 months ago, this is the only big problem we've had.

I've found out that he has athlete's foot, as well as infected nails (I'm not sure what's it called, they're all yellow and.. thick? They look gross.) Since living together I've gotten athlete's foot twice (it's how I found out he had it) and I'm scared of getting infected again.

I asked him if he was going to go to a doctor to try and fix it, but he's refused. Because 'he tried a few things and they didn't work' so he's assuming nothing will work.

So now I can't walk around barefoot in my own place, I can't even shower without disinfecting the floor first. I would be okay with it if he was working on fixing it, but he doesn't want to.

It's been a month, I've tried talking to him several times, and I'm getting sick of walking around scared of getting infected, plus it just seems very unhygienic.

Most of my friends agree it's gross, a few think it's no big deal, one of them thinks it's controlling to 'demand' him to do something he doesn't want. I don't want to demand anything, I just don't want to live with him like this.

WIBTA if I told him to fix it or move out? It feels like a pretty minor thing, but it's getting very tiresome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My girlfriend likes to hold my dick while I pee.

quote:

Pretty much title, we just recently got to the point in our relationship where we can use the bathroom with the door open. But now every time I need to use the restroom she gets really excited and wants to hold my dick as I pee. It doesn’t make me uncomfortable, it’s just weird. I don’t frequently use the bathroom. SheGenerally 1-2 times a day so it’s a long stream of piss. She loves to count how long it takes, and tries to make shapes with my piss stream. I really just don’t know what to think, so I guess I wanted some opinions on this. Does anyone have similar experiences?