Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if you can hit 8 x 440 on your backsquat congrats your equal to like the third best lifter in the world

https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2019/03/21/tatiana-kashirina-back-squats-200-kg-x-8/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
(Google translate voice) "Tipps, it's okay that you have vivid stretchmarks over your lower back and rear end that will never go away and will only become more noticeable as you keep bulking and cutting so you keep having to use harsh filters and touchups to make them less noticeable when you take sexy pictures for your husband but they still stand out no matter what you try and do about it."

Th... thanks... :negative:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

bomb posted:

SIgned up for RP bodybuilding template and got the RP diet app, going to switch it up after getting back from christmas vacation.

Do any of ya'll use the RP diet app?

Yes and the physique template is great. Be honest about your ratings or you will hate life in the poster weeks.

I was like 80% compliant with the diet last time I used it and still had good results. I don't follow it now but still keep to the principles.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What are the principles, comrade?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Collapsing Farts posted:

KILL, MAIM, POST

KILL, MAIM, POST

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Received some exercise gloves as a gift, wondering if there are any cons to using them. Articles online all seem to mention the pros, and the only cons I can find are things I'm not too concerned about except perhaps weakening your grip without the gloves

note the only exercises I do that would require gripping are pull ups and deadlifts, and I practice judo as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

Received some exercise gloves as a gift, wondering if there are any cons to using them. Articles online all seem to mention the pros, and the only cons I can find are things I'm not too concerned about except perhaps weakening your grip without the gloves

note the only exercises I do that would require gripping are pull ups and deadlifts, and I practice judo as well.

Why would you want to use them though?

Another con is you look like a goober while wearing them.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Not a fan of callouses ripping, and I have a problem with picking at them

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

UnfurledSails posted:

Define "doesn't do poo poo" for your butt. Do you mean they never get sore? Or are your lifts stalling because of your weak glutes? Or something else?

Lifts are going up nicely, I just don't feel anything in butt. I could have extremely sore legs, and even sore back muscles and stabilizers, but nothing in my butt.
Not really a performance issue at this point, I just don't want it to bite me in the butt later, when I get to serious weights or something.

I'll add some of those exercises mentioned above and stop worrying about it.
If I die due to lack of booty on my first 500+ dl soon, I'll make sure the video gets posted itt.

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 5, 2019

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FizFashizzle posted:

if you can hit 8 x 440 on your backsquat congrats your equal to like the third best lifter in the world

https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2019/03/21/tatiana-kashirina-back-squats-200-kg-x-8/

I wish, I used to be able to hit at or below parallel on back squats years ago, most I ever did was 515 for 4 reps with a spotter. Injury, illness & some laziness got in the way of that, I'm building up again but not near as strong as I used to be, also nearing 40 so definitely feeling the effects of age :sigh:

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

just another accessory, no need

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The con to gloves is they make gripping stuff harder as they add to the diameter of whatever you're holding and are another movable layer.

I've never seen anyone remotely strong (or strong-looking) wearing gloves in the gym. They're something you might buy in your first week of lifting when you're more enthusiastic than knowledgeable and want to show the world you lift despite being skinny as hell. Like an "I train to beat Goku" vest or a fitbit.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I'll try them out at my next gym session and see how they feel. I have small hands already, so if they make gripping harder I'll ditch them

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Collapsing Farts posted:

The RP Physique template uses a type of programming called "Reps In Reserve" (RIR). In RIR programming you don't used a fixed number of reps, you do open-ended sets where you don't stop until you hit the point where reps start slowing down. You can guesstimate how many more reps could could have done (hence the name reps in reserve) based on how many how reps you've done. Generally speaking the first reps that's significantly slower than the last is 3 reps in reserve, two slow reps is 2 RIR, 3 slow reps in 1 RIR. Grinding down to the last possible rep you could do would be 0 RIR.

If you're familiar with RPE it's the same idea but you do AMRAP sets until you hit the prescribed RPE. 3 RIR = RPE 7, 2 RIR = RPE 8, 1 RIR = RPE 9, 0 RIR = RPE 10. Rep ranges in the main part of the program are 7-20 reps so as long as most of your sets are in that range it's fine. The program does adjust that in other mesocycles to get different responses.

Anything in those intensity ranges (0-3 RIR) is going to have similar hypertrophy effects but the lower the RIR the more fatigue each set will produce. OTOH training sets at a higher RIR will eventually cause resistance to the training. So the RP programs slowly increase the intensity from 3 RIR for the first couple weeks, to 2 RIR for the next three, then the last week everything will be 1 RIR then you have a deload to recover from all the fatigue you've built up. The deload also helps to resensitize your body to higher RIR for the next mesocycle.

The other main variable in RP programming is number of sets. Similar to RIR, the number of sets of each exercise you do starts low but you adapt to doing that many sets so you have to add more volume to keep making progress. So each exercise adds a set every week. There is a feedback mechanism in there to keep it from getting to be too much but idk I don't feel like typing it up right now. Just gonna put what I've got so far about there lol

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

The RP template is excellent in terms of tweaking and explanations.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
*bursting into thread shouting*

Guys, I just wanted to thank you for introducing me to the GZCL method, it’s fun, I feel progress (physically, too!) and I gently caress regularly.

Feeling like a million bucks right now.

Ok, carry on!

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
About how long do those physique workouts take?

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Greg Legg posted:

About how long do those physique workouts take?

the end of a cycle can easily hit 2 hrs

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Ah, thanks for the info. I don't have that much time to work out.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Greg Legg posted:

Ah, thanks for the info. I don't have that much time to work out.

What I posted is a 6 day template, they have 3-5 days as well which is definitely more manageable. I'm about to start a run and will report back. As stated the last week or two before a deload is likely going to take a bit longer.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

ham_sanitizer posted:

the end of a cycle can easily hit 2 hrs

I did the 4 day and week 6 on mesos 1 and 2 got up to 3 hours lmao

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I thought farts was asking what the diet principles were.

sassassin posted:

The con to gloves is they make gripping stuff harder as they add to the diameter of whatever you're holding and are another movable layer.

This is my experience. Much more stable and comfortable without them.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bomb posted:

What I posted is a 6 day template, they have 3-5 days as well which is definitely more manageable. I'm about to start a run and will report back. As stated the last week or two before a deload is likely going to take a bit longer.

Wait I always thought the less days the more volume per day. Did I have that wrong? Aren't they all about weekly volume?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

Wait I always thought the less days the more volume per day. Did I have that wrong? Aren't they all about weekly volume?

Yeah I'm just a dumbie, 3-4 days will definitely take way longer.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

itskage posted:

I thought farts was asking what the diet principles were.

Too bad they got training advice

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i found a small bag of powder on the street

you reckon its creatine?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

RP's diet is basically piece of lean meat, scoop of carbs, scoop of vegetables and a spoonful of fat for six meals a day. Adjust accordingly.

Bulking gets less protien and increases carbs as you go.

Cutting gets more protein and decreases fat then carbs as you go untill you're just eating meat, whey and gatorade powder.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I did the RP diet and it works but I stopped because I didn't like eating 6 meals a day and doing all the prep. Intermittent fasting or whatever you call that where I dont eat until I get home from work just is easier for me to maintain long term. I am still losing weight.

The RP diet works though!

bomb posted:

Mahaloz 🤙🏼

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

turd in my singlet posted:

Too bad they got training advice

Just admit you like typing long posts!

I wanted to actually know the diet too, but it looks like Guyver summarized it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

My gym lowered the age for the weight room to 13. :cripes:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

nooneofconsequence posted:

My gym lowered the age for the weight room to 13. :cripes:

Look at it from the positive side, now you might have a chance on being stronger than someone else at your gym.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

13 year olds weigh around a buck, use them instead of sandbags? I'm sure their center of gravity shifts a lot when you carry them around.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Helios Grime posted:

Look at it from the positive side, now you might have a chance on being stronger than someone else at your gym.

A slight chance as it is my understand that this is an accurate representation of all 13 year olds

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Sometimes you hit just the right combo of caffeine, weed, and protein.

This mornings workout was A+

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I loved eating edibles about halfway through my workouts.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
This election campaign is really loving with my workouts and eating I tell you hwhat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It'd have been cool if I was doing weights as a teenager, or any physical activity at all really

I feel like your body develops and grows in such a radically different way if you're doing athletics when you're young.

If you used to be a fat kid and try to get fit as an adult it's like you've dug a deep hole for yourself that you gotta climb out of just to reach the most basic of physiques. If I ever have kids, god forbid, I will make sure they do something, anything physically challenging as they grow up

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Apparently log moving, fire wood splitting and stump pulling is magic childhood deadlift training. Greg Nuckols' first deadlift was something like 600 and he credits genetics and firewood.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
And Arnold had just gotten his first gym membership a week before he won his first O...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Zzulu posted:

It'd have been cool if I was doing weights as a teenager, or any physical activity at all really

I feel like your body develops and grows in such a radically different way if you're doing athletics when you're young.

If you used to be a fat kid and try to get fit as an adult it's like you've dug a deep hole for yourself that you gotta climb out of just to reach the most basic of physiques. If I ever have kids, god forbid, I will make sure they do something, anything physically challenging as they grow up

Nah man I was almost 400 up until my mid twenties and now I’m pretty swole as heck. Don’t let the past dictate the future etc.

Also I’m a parent to six month old twins and I still manage to hit the gym every day.

bomb fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 9, 2019