Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

welcome to hell posted:

My girlfriend likes to hold my dick while I pee.

The good news is its hilarious now, the bad news it stops being funny really fast, the great news it becomes an amazing story you tell for life when she has a meltdown you peed at work without her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

welcome to hell posted:

I had a gf that was obsessed with that too.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

welcome to hell posted:

there are worse ways to find out your girlfriend has a piss fetish

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Cognac McCarthy posted:

A person who makes some ethically-compromised decisions while refusing to make others is still a better person than someone who throws their hands up and decides not to try. Especially when, as others have pointed out, there are few to no better alternatives to the bad thing they do. There's no ethical consumption under capitalism but there is more and less unethical consumption.

Someone who doesn't use Uber because its not a problem for them not to use it, and then criticises everyone else for using it, while simultaneously engaging with companies that are equally or more unethical because it is too useful/preferential to stop using them is not a "good person" or a "better person". It makes them someone who claims everyone should make "sacrifices" while making none of their own.

I believe its morally wrong for people who can afford to buy free range or organic meat to buy mass produced meat from battery farms and other cruel methods of production. So I buy free range and organic because I can. That doesn't make me a better person than someone who can't afford to do that.

So it all depends on your personal circumstances, and I would bet good money half the people saying you shouldn't use Uber because it's exploitative have phones, clothes, and other goods made in exploitative ways which they could afford to switch but don't, because for them not using uber isn't a hassle, whereas the other stuff is.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Kitchner posted:

Someone who doesn't use Uber because its not a problem for them not to use it, and then criticises everyone else for using it, while simultaneously engaging with companies that are equally or more unethical because it is too useful/preferential to stop using them is not a "good person" or a "better person". It makes them someone who claims everyone should make "sacrifices" while making none of their own.

I believe its morally wrong for people who can afford to buy free range or organic meat to buy mass produced meat from battery farms and other cruel methods of production. So I buy free range and organic because I can. That doesn't make me a better person than someone who can't afford to do that.

So it all depends on your personal circumstances, and I would bet good money half the people saying you shouldn't use Uber because it's exploitative have phones, clothes, and other goods made in exploitative ways which they could afford to switch but don't, because for them not using uber isn't a hassle, whereas the other stuff is.

I was serious about this being the plot of The Good Place, incidentally. It's a good show.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

quote:

Most of my friends agree it's gross, a few think it's no big deal, one of them thinks it's controlling to 'demand' him to do something he doesn't want.
Who are these deranged people who are okay with getting and transmitting bacterial infections and diseases?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

therobit posted:

I... don't understand why the sister thinks she's lying.

Sister could know something that the ex doesn't, you know from being in touch with him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im about to go to sleep but Im just popping in to say I appreciate the passion here for determining how to best to live ethically in a capitalist framework but that Im gonna ask the convo to stop here because I feel like this is a derail not fit for the thread

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

anyone have the post about the guy who married his wife and her personality changed and he was worried she was cheating, and it turned out she had some sort of extreme anxiety and he found a journal in which she spent hundreds of pages talking about how she Must Be a Blonde Housewife

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Beachcomber posted:

Not as ice cold as the Best Friend Ever. I'd pull it up, but I only just now remembered it.

I'm going to need more information on this if someone can post the story.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

He's only 25. Its only going to go downhill from here. Wait until he starts giving her recurrent yeast infections.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

welcome to hell posted:

"we just recently got to the point in our relationship where we can use the bathroom with the door open". I like how this is presented like a matter of fact, natural evolution of a relationship.

"Listen honey, I think it's time we take our relationship to the next level..."

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hughlander posted:

Sister could know something that the ex doesn't, you know from being in touch with him.

it's entirely possible he went to boot camp and washed out. the military is pretty selective these days and one of the purposes of boot camp is to weed out obviously unfit recruits. OP acknowledges this herself ("Maybe he didn’t lie, maybe it wasn’t an excuse, but it sure seems like it was!") but from the perspective of the sister OP could look like a jealous, slanderous ex

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

"we just recently got to the point in our relationship where we can use the bathroom with the door open". I like how this is presented like a matter of fact, natural evolution of a relationship.

It kinda is?

Unless it's one of those couples that exclusively gently caress with lights off.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
^The military is selective? I'm seeing bootcamp drop out rates at 7-8% (AF) to 11-14% (Army/Navy/Marines). I feel like I had more people drop out of my high school as a % than that

Serephina posted:

Here's a lovely palate cleanser:

I (21m) am blind. How can I make my new girlfriend (19f) feel beautiful

This is from a few pages ago but it's so loving cute it makes me hurt. This is straight up rom-com material

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thesaurus posted:

"Listen honey, I think it's time we take our relationship to the next level..."

5h base is pooping with the door open

6th base is reluctantly pooping on your wife

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

I don't know why, if the OP is such great friends with the sister, it hasn't come up. Like she never said "hey, your brother left me for the military but now I see him all over town"?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

I don't know why, if the OP is such great friends with the sister, it hasn't come up. Like she never said "hey, your brother left me for the military but now I see him all over town"?

Who knows? Maybe it's private and personal and not things you want to share with an ex? Maybe he went in for a physical found out he had cancer and been fighting it since and it upset the sister to see the slander. My one and only point is there's plenty of cases where the sister could know for a fact the OP is in the wrong.

Mostly likely it's none of that though and the ex is just an rear end.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Beachcomber posted:

Not as ice cold as the Best Friend Ever. I'd pull it up, but I only just now remembered it.

Is this the one where the guy let his friend's GF commit suicide? That was ice cold and I can't stop thinking about it. If you find it, please repost.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cacator posted:

Who are these deranged people who are okay with getting and transmitting bacterial infections and diseases?

Fungal, actually. They think it's a ok that the boyfriend is filling their house with literal fungus that likes to root into human skin.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Kitchner posted:

That's all true, but I wanted to point out that dude literally said that anyone stepping into an uber is a scab and needed to be guillotined, and then walked it back just a tiny bit. I have never crossed a picket line and I never will. I think Uber sucks and I use Lyft as an alternative when I don't have another great alternative, but I'm also not out here calling people scabs and advocating political violence for making purchase decisions that I disagree with.

I'm all for movements to improve society but an organized boycott campaign is different than using violent rhetoric towards anyone that does something common but that you disapprove of.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This derail got nixxed so removed post.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I told my family that our "secret family recipe" came from the side of a can?

Growing up every year around the holidays my mom would make fudge. The story was this amazing fudge recipe came from her grandma who snagged it from a famous candy maker. My mom didn't get the recipe until she was an adult and we were always told that we couldn't have it until we were 30.

In my late teens my mom asked me to help make the fudge with her a few times. The recipe is very simple and this was all the exposure I needed to memorize it. I've never once needed to write the recipe down.

It came out that I had the recipe early and my mom and her mom were both outraged. I was given many warnings against sharing family secrets and told they were disappointed at my sneaking around them. I've never shared the recipe with anyone besides my brother and sister. I don't have the same feelings about recipe hoarding, but I followed tradition. However even now, 15ish years later, I'll get comments about how they don't entirely trust me since I came by the recipe dishonestly.

Tonight I was reading an article about a chef doing research on secret family recipes for pickled herring. He managed to get copies of hundreds of recipes-200 of them were identical. He traced them back to a cookbook from the 1960s. This got me thinking about our family recipe.

After not much googling at all I found "our" exact recipe on the website for an evaporated milk company. They apparently have also printed the recipe on cans over the years.

This leads me to believe that either my grandma or her mother actually got the recipe from a can and lied about it's origin.

I think this is hilarious and want to share the information. We've been so secretive about a recipe that's in public domain! There's really no reason to hoard it anymore.

Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I shared this knowledge with my mom?

mania
Sep 9, 2004
There was this letter on Ask a Manger that was basically peak capitalism - the employee was taking it upon herself to reduce her struggling employer's costs by not claiming expenses, not eating the company provided dinners when working ot, reducing/canceling her 401k & health insurance and getting upset that her coworkers were not doing the same. The advice given was basically "WTF, you're being ridiculous, this is not what your company meant by cost cutting."

Anyway, said peak capitalism employee sent in an update. Did she take the advice? Haha of course not.

The original letter posted:

My coworkers won’t help me cut expenses

A few months ago we received an email from the Big Boss (head of our business unit) that we are entering a “cost cutting” exercise due to business needs and they need everyone to make efforts to ensure our costs/expenses are “as close to zero as possible.”

I’m in an internal role that doesn’t deal with contracts, purchases, software licensing, travel, etc. so there’s only a limited amount I can contribute to that cost cutting. But I’ve done what I can — e.g. I walked five miles with heavy equipment rather than take public transport which the others did. I “forgot” to claim for overtime payments that I should/could have claimed (not in U.S. so those laws don’t apply), didn’t claim mileage for driving two hours out of my way multiple times, etc. It’s galling every month the department admin sends out the emails asking for “overtime forms” and “travel expenses” and I know I have a lot I could claim and don’t.

We have to work late a couple of times a month due to client deadlines (the company usually orders food in) and I’ve gone on “hunger strike” conspicuously refusing to eat or order, and working through while others eat the company-paid pizzas, etc. (we know in advance when we’ll have to stay late – why didn’t they bring their own food?!) because I don’t believe that’s a legit business expense. I’ve tried to convince the others but without success.

I’ve now asked to reduce my retirement contributions (matched by the company) which will save them thousands a year. I’ve indicated to HR that I want to opt out of the healthcare insurance at the next renewal date.

I’ve done pretty much everything I can at this point other than asking for a pay cut (which I could — I’m senior, single and have enough money but I realize this could affect my prospects in the future) but I’m becoming more and more resentful of coworkers who haven’t even considered the things I’ve done. They still submit overtime, travel expenses, etc. At some point we all have to pull together but I feel like I’m the only one pulling,

The update posted:

A couple of months after writing the letter to you – about 8-9 months after receiving the original email – we were pulled into an all-staff meeting (for this business unit) at short notice which was headed by our overall boss and a couple of other big bosses, with representatives from HR present. A few different senior people spoke for a few minutes each, but the gist of it was that they have been undertaking an audit of how much it costs to carry out our usual business activities, how much we were able to cut costs by, etc. After analyzing all of it, they had concluded that it wasn’t profitable the way it was going, and so further action would have to be taken. We would now be entering a review period of how we could make efficiencies. An outsourcing/consultancy company would be doing those reviews.

Well, the further action turned out to be that they were going to lay off about half (out of 80 or so) of the staff in this business unit. We went through a process of individual interviews of what we do, how we interact with others, etc. and the outsourcing company recorded all this. Then they came back with their recommendation to lay off about half the staff.

I was one of the “lucky” people who got to keep their job. The urge to say “I told you so” to the laid-off others for not putting more thought into cutting their own costs was strong, but I zipped it! But I put “lucky” in quotes, because in retrospect they were the lucky ones to be let go with severance pay, whereas the outsourcing thing didn’t work out so well and those of us remaining were landed with the workload of the people who had been laid off, as well as hand-holding the outsourcers. There were many long days, weekends, etc. (all unpaid of course!).

Unfortunately most of the laid-off people who I am in contact with still don’t have new jobs to go to. Partly it’s because one of the things they did get right in the laying off process was to keep the strong performers and lay off the weaker ones, who by nature were less able to get new roles in a short time.

I feel guilty about that every day, like “what if I could have done more to convince them to help cut costs?” For for my own situation, I left there for a new role outside that company a couple of months ago and I’m still wondering if that was the right decision, as the people remaining are struggling even further now.

And to answer some of the questions that came up in the comments: I was “senior” in the sense of being slightly more senior in my role than the others, not in a management position or in age. I am not suffering from anything affecting my thinking processes (that I know of) – as it turns out that I had correctly picked up on something being amiss. I know that in general “disappearing” overtime or other costs of projects so it appears that they are less costly than they actually are is counter-productive for the future (due to the need to make budgets and stuff) but my hunch that they were looking for “right now” viability, even if there were a few unacknowledged fudges in there, was on the money!

Yeah, rationally I realize it was “too many sacrifices” (and based on some of the other comments — I know it’s a small amount relative to the amounts of money a business is typically dealing with, as the scale of a business is 100x or more compared to my personal finances).

The reason I felt that I should carry out these small cost-cutting endeavors, although I knew they were small relative to the whole, was something I had to dig quite deep to identify (as I really did it as just a knee-jerk reaction originally). On one hand, it’s like recycling, etc. where any individual person won’t save the planet by putting their glass jars into the recycling rather than the trash, but you need the accumulation of everyone’s efforts to have any effect. Each person just contributes what they can (and I feel like I tried to contribute more than would be expected of me).

But on the other hand … I know, rationally, that $500 in expenses that I “forgot” about is not even a blip on the radar of the finance people. Ultimately I just needed to feel like I was doing something, rather than doing nothing. I had been making the others feel guilty about not cutting their own retirement contributions, etc. but I saw then that that could be seen as “bullying” behavior. I was suspicious of the HR people who didn’t question any of this, actually, though.

I took into account your response from the original answer and I did dig deep as to whether I was just projecting from a previous past bad experience or whether there was actually some deeper need for cost-cutting here. I still don’t know if I was oblivious or I just didn’t see the signs, as I had a lot of other things going on in my life at the same time (a difficult housing situation where I may be evicted at short notice, etc.).

I did quit the “hunger strikes,” etc. (in the sense that I stopped overtly sitting and rejecting the company-ordered pizza) since, as you said, people were quite resentful about that and said so (explicitly or almost). But I didn’t order anything for myself on the subsequent occasions this happened, and I’m still disappointed that my coworkers held their hand out for pizza instead of planning ahead and bringing some food with them when they knew they would have to stay late, almost as if they were still planning to take advantage of the company!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for reporting my friend's sexual relationship with a TA (Teaching Assistant) at university?

I have a friend who I have a class with this semester. She's a really kind and beautiful person. I always thought she was the type to have a great moral compass. Anyway, we have the same TA that teaches a separate section for our main class. Right off the bat, a poo poo ton of people thought he was super cute and began to flirt with him during class. My friend, let's call her 'Anna', seemed especially uninterested and even made fun of the girls who were literally throwing themselves at him.

The semester went on and even though Anna never was interested, it seemed like the TA himself was growing more and more fond of her. Anna was doing extremely well in the class and she stood out as one of the smartest students so he regularly praised her for her work and even wrote cute little compliments on her essays. I noticed that he would also try to talk to her a lot before and during class. Since Anna is really nice, she engaged him and they seemed to hit it off. Soon, Anna had nothing but good things to say about him; she was always going on about how nice and funny he is. It was pretty obvious she was starting to develop a crush. We joked a couple times about her sleeping with him and she always said she'd never and that they were just flirting.

About two months later, we were walking back from a party with a small group of girls and she was pretty drunk. One girl noticed that she kept messaging someone and asked her who it was and Anna blurted out that the name of our TA. Shocked, I asked her why she was messaging him and she just giggled and said that he wanted her to come over to his apartment but she didn't want to because she was so drunk. The other girls, not really realizing who it was, thought it was so funny and continued teasing her asking if he was cute. Another girl asked if she'd slept with him yet and Anna said yeah, a couple times. I was just completely taken aback by that.

That was last weekend. I texted her about it the day after and she admitted that it was true and it started happening last month. She said it was nothing serious and they're just having fun. I didn't really respond. Well, I sat on it for a couple of days and talked with a few of my close friends about it. Most of them told me to report the incident to the professor or department chair because it's a serious violation and that she won't get in trouble, only the TA will. I sent an email to my professor about it last night leaving out Anna's name and only saying who the TA was. He responded this morning and said that it was indeed an incredibly serious violation and that he would like to have a meeting with me and the department chair sometime this week. It all got really serious all of a sudden and I don't know why but I feel like I hosed up really badly. I don't know what I was expecting but this just made me feel like an rear end in a top hat for some reason.

Edit: Should probably add that we're second-years and the TA is a first-year grad student so probably 22-23.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I told my family that our "secret family recipe" came from the side of a can?

You HAVE to.

I have an aunt who makes that same evaporated milk can recipe. She just doesn't lie about it. The whole family still begs her to make her fudge for every gathering, so I don't even know why people go through the trouble of hiding it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
That slut having the audacity to sleep with someone she likes!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for reporting my friend's sexual relationship with a TA (Teaching Assistant) at university?

I have a friend who I have a class with this semester. She's a really kind and beautiful person. I always thought she was the type to have a great moral compass. Anyway, we have the same TA that teaches a separate section for our main class. Right off the bat, a poo poo ton of people thought he was super cute and began to flirt with him during class. My friend, let's call her 'Anna', seemed especially uninterested and even made fun of the girls who were literally throwing themselves at him.

The semester went on and even though Anna never was interested, it seemed like the TA himself was growing more and more fond of her. Anna was doing extremely well in the class and she stood out as one of the smartest students so he regularly praised her for her work and even wrote cute little compliments on her essays. I noticed that he would also try to talk to her a lot before and during class. Since Anna is really nice, she engaged him and they seemed to hit it off. Soon, Anna had nothing but good things to say about him; she was always going on about how nice and funny he is. It was pretty obvious she was starting to develop a crush. We joked a couple times about her sleeping with him and she always said she'd never and that they were just flirting.

About two months later, we were walking back from a party with a small group of girls and she was pretty drunk. One girl noticed that she kept messaging someone and asked her who it was and Anna blurted out that the name of our TA. Shocked, I asked her why she was messaging him and she just giggled and said that he wanted her to come over to his apartment but she didn't want to because she was so drunk. The other girls, not really realizing who it was, thought it was so funny and continued teasing her asking if he was cute. Another girl asked if she'd slept with him yet and Anna said yeah, a couple times. I was just completely taken aback by that.

That was last weekend. I texted her about it the day after and she admitted that it was true and it started happening last month. She said it was nothing serious and they're just having fun. I didn't really respond. Well, I sat on it for a couple of days and talked with a few of my close friends about it. Most of them told me to report the incident to the professor or department chair because it's a serious violation and that she won't get in trouble, only the TA will. I sent an email to my professor about it last night leaving out Anna's name and only saying who the TA was. He responded this morning and said that it was indeed an incredibly serious violation and that he would like to have a meeting with me and the department chair sometime this week. It all got really serious all of a sudden and I don't know why but I feel like I hosed up really badly. I don't know what I was expecting but this just made me feel like an rear end in a top hat for some reason.

Edit: Should probably add that we're second-years and the TA is a first-year grad student so probably 22-23.

She's not going to gently caress you, dude

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

mania posted:

There was this letter on Ask a Manger that was basically peak capitalism - the employee was taking it upon herself to reduce her struggling employer's costs by not claiming expenses, not eating the company provided dinners when working ot, reducing/canceling her 401k & health insurance and getting upset that her coworkers were not doing the same. The advice given was basically "WTF, you're being ridiculous, this is not what your company meant by cost cutting."

Anyway, said peak capitalism employee sent in an update. Did she take the advice? Haha of course not.

This person is nutso. They don't even seem to realize that no amount of personal sacrifice would have saved the company or even been the tiniest bit reciprocated. Not claiming your OT pay is another level of stupid.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I sent an email to my professor about it last night leaving out Anna's name and only saying who the TA was. He responded this morning and said that it was indeed an incredibly serious violation and that he would like to have a meeting with me and the department chair sometime this week. It all got really serious all of a sudden and I don't know why but I feel like I hosed up really badly. I don't know what I was expecting but this just made me feel like an rear end in a top hat for some reason.

Oh who gives a poo poo you weenie. Students gently caress their TAs all the time.

Speaking as a tenured university professor, if I found out that one of my TAs was in a relationship with a student in a section they were supervising, I would probably do three things:

1) have a delicate conversation with the student to make sure they weren't coerced into anything
2) have an intentionally awkward conversation with the TA for fun
3) double-check that student's grades against their work to be sure that there was nothing untoward going on.

Beyond that who cares.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 5, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Of course Reddit is replying NTA because it is a major ethics violation.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Reddit loves rats

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

But think of all the power a TA wields over the heads of other students!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

hawowanlawow posted:

Reddit loves rats

really? that's cool

too bad they also like snitches

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You don't gently caress your students. Even if you're 'just' a TA. If the TA is writing 'cute little compliments' I wonder if its influencing grading already etc. Good for reporting it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Wait, am I taking crazy pills? It is super not okay for a TA to gently caress a student in the section they’re covering. Different section/class whatever, totally fine, everyone’s an adult, but you’re asking for a world of poo poo when the kids find out the TA who grades everything is getting boffed by one student in particular, even if the TA has had no favoritism grading-wise. That’s a loving nightmare of a situation.

I’m not saying this OP isn’t an rear end in a top hat, it’s none of their business, but that is a bad situation all the way around.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Somewhere in my internet poisoned brain I remember reading an article from a professor who claimed rules against banging her students were a violation of academic freedom. I'm not sure if this really happened.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Wait, am I taking crazy pills? It is super not okay for a TA to gently caress a student in the section they’re covering. Different section/class whatever, totally fine, everyone’s an adult, but you’re asking for a world of poo poo when the kids find out the TA who grades everything is getting boffed by one student in particular, even if the TA has had no favoritism grading-wise. That’s a loving nightmare of a situation.

I’m not saying this OP isn’t an rear end in a top hat, it’s none of their business, but that is a bad situation all the way around.

I think the TA-loving is bad (couldn't they at least wait another month or two so it was no longer a conflict of interest?), but this guy is A. a snitch and B. clearly motivated by spite and jealousy rather than any kind of sense of fairness

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I get what you're saying, but the bolded bit makes it like it would be okay if he was loving all the students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think the TA-loving is bad (couldn't they at least wait another month or two so it was no longer a conflict of interest?), but this guy is A. a snitch and B. clearly motivated by spite and jealousy rather than any kind of sense of fairness

Ok so like what's your message here? It seems everyone agrees that the thing he's reporting is bad. Should you only report bad things if you don't actually care and have no connection to them?