Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

The Titanic posted:

If you believe you're not funding the Hollywood joy ride for a small group of undeserving people, you could go to the horrible doxxer site know in the dark side of the internet as "IMDb.com" (but you'll probably be put on a few watch lists if you go here!!!) and dare to type in Sandi Gardner and view her astonishing list of movies she's been in while also being the VP of marketing for CIG!

Ah, but she's also exec producing this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5561564/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_1

I think it'll be objective and unbiased.

ED: taxing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Daztek posted:

Can't believe Vertisce reads the thread more than I do
Well, what else is he going to do with his free time? Play the game? Pffft.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

Hi Verchites :wave:

Thanks for pledging to SomethingAwful and promoting these forums :v:

I mean, while it is funny to make fun of people like verticles, sometimes I check his posts and the guy can't catch a break. Being such a dumb mark is quite costly.

Case in point, I clicked on his account and his *latest* post was about him getting ripped off by yet another transparent scam

Dude needs a new car because, well...

... he got scammed out of his previous car's insurance money. Any any case, they sent 1,800 dollars of his parents' money to buy the Jeep. One month passes and there is not Jeep, so people tell him that he may have been scammed but he's not concerned about the guy who took the money (point man)

A few extra weeks pass and

He still doesn't seem to realize that he got scammed from day one. Oh well, what's another 1,800 dollars lost anyways.

It suuuucks to be Vertisce.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I wonder whether he was always so gullible or SC apologetics deformed him in some way and now it leaks to other parts of his life.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I posted The Fourth Stimpire over in the monthly games chat earlier. This stupid Horny Contest has got to stop. Think any of the Commandos reading the thread have an opinion.

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
It's probably a freakish coincidence that Sandi's portfolio rose after Star Citizen started raking in pledge funds.

Not suspicious at all.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Vertisce, mate, stop giving thieving assholes your money. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

Jeeps are also for hairdressers, are usually rotten with tinworm and if the engine isn't immediately buggered upon receipt then it will suffer a catastrophic loss of 80% of its big end bearings and a control rod exiting stage left from the block exactly halfway home. :)

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Aren't most Jeeps just a fancy body a a car frame anyway? My mom's certainly was.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sabreseven posted:

Vertisce, mate, stop giving thieving assholes your money. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

Jeeps are also for hairdressers, are usually rotten with tinworm and if the engine isn't immediately buggered upon receipt then it will suffer a catastrophic loss of 80% of its big end bearings and a control rod exiting stage left from the block exactly halfway home. :)

Star Citizen: rotten with tinworm and engine buggered upon receipt

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Sabreseven posted:

Not wrong here. My American buddy would not stop buying Jeeps. Every single one was hosed within a few years. One time he got a new one and after a few months we needed to drive from Salzburg to Venice. One the autobahn at about 200km/h the engine blew.

Just stupid stupid cars.

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019

Sabreseven posted:

Pretty much.

It should be a warning sign that the Star Citizen's developers are using fancy ways to describe their tech, when there's already industry wide terms to describe what they are aiming to do.

I mean of course, having catatonic NPCs with not even one available to interact with in the alpha after 5-6 years is probably a good sign too.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

I think this is a cry for help.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

nice projection there, tojal

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Baxta posted:

Not wrong here. My American buddy would not stop buying Jeeps. Every single one was hosed within a few years. One time he got a new one and after a few months we needed to drive from Salzburg to Venice. One the autobahn at about 200km/h the engine blew.

Just stupid stupid cars.

I've had the unfortunate luck to have a buddy who loves the things, and me being mechanically minded, I always end up fixing his "bastard broken shopping trolley" (my own description) for him. :D

The last job I had to do on one of his was the injectors, and while I was swapping them out for new tested ones, I noticed a large, shiney, black puddle forming under the engine, upon further inspection I found a hole in the side of the block that Goatse himself would've been proud of. The stupid thing had been literally detonating itself on the short trip from my mates house to mine and it had been running like such a bag of dicks due to the bad injectors that he didn't notice, not even the noise of chunks of metal bouncing around under the car as he gormlessly nursed the battered box of bog logs towards my lovely clean red brick driveway. :argh:

Fuckin' hate the things.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

If you believe you're not funding the Hollywood joy ride for a small group of undeserving people, you could go to the horrible doxxer site know in the dark side of the internet as "IMDb.com" (but you'll probably be put on a few watch lists if you go here!!!) and dare to type in Sandi Gardner and view her astonishing list of movies she's been in while also being the VP of marketing for CIG!

And I know what you're thinking, "all the c-suite staff at the company I work at are horribly busy people who seem like all they do is eat, sleep and live my company!"

And you'd have to wonder what the gently caress is wrong with them since clearly they should also have tons of time to go be Hollywood movie actors and actresses. Obviously being a high level employee leading teams of many people is basically child's play.

Especially when it's a company that is making a profit off of donations rather than you know, selling an actual loving product like every other company in the world has to do to stay solvent.

So yes, all that money. All those DONATIONS. I wonder where those are coming from???

Oh wait! It's you! You're the ugly loving monster at the end of the book making this all possible! Haha!

It's like you fucks are going to Kickstarter and searching "help undeserving people live on vacations, mansions, expensive clothes, exotic cars, and help them relive their Hollywood dream" with a big fat smile on your face and going "yes, yes! This is what I want to sink thousands of dollars into!"

Wow that's really mean. :(

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

no_recall posted:

CONGRATULATIONS.

$249,842,042 - The Titanic
$250,000,000 - UnknownTarget - Needs to enable PMs, or gift will roll over to next person in line.
$250,424,242 - Quavers

Congratucitizens!

Check your PMs.

That's awesome, thanks dude!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Goons Supporting Star Citizen's Grassroots Content Creators™

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Doxxing perfection

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Sabreseven posted:

I've had the unfortunate luck to have a buddy who loves the things, and me being mechanically minded, I always end up fixing his "bastard broken shopping trolley" (my own description) for him. :D

The last job I had to do on one of his was the injectors, and while I was swapping them out for new tested ones, I noticed a large, shiney, black puddle forming under the engine, upon further inspection I found a hole in the side of the block that Goatse himself would've been proud of. The stupid thing had been literally detonating itself on the short trip from my mates house to mine and it had been running like such a bag of dicks due to the bad injectors that he didn't notice, not even the noise of chunks of metal bouncing around under the car as he gormlessly nursed the battered box of bog logs towards my lovely clean red brick driveway. :argh:

Fuckin' hate the things.

While that sucks, i'm pretty happy you used gormlessly as an adjective.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

trucutru posted:

I mean, while it is funny to make fun of people like verticles, sometimes I check his posts and the guy can't catch a break. Being such a dumb mark is quite costly.

Case in point, I clicked on his account and his *latest* post was about him getting ripped off by yet another transparent scam

Dude needs a new car because, well...

... he got scammed out of his previous car's insurance money. Any any case, they sent 1,800 dollars of his parents' money to buy the Jeep. One month passes and there is not Jeep, so people tell him that he may have been scammed but he's not concerned about the guy who took the money (point man)

A few extra weeks pass and

He still doesn't seem to realize that he got scammed from day one. Oh well, what's another 1,800 dollars lost anyways.

It suuuucks to be Vertisce.

That's a depressing read :saddowns:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Can't wait until Vertisce gets doxxed. He is one of the most important Pro-SC people and I'd love to see Vertisce suffer for liking a video game. Derek is my friend and my mentor and I cling to his every word without questioning. I will celebrate his doxxing as an accomplishment because I am a poor and just so mad that I can't afford a nice ship. I don't have a brain which makes me to dumb to understand the brilliance of Chris Roberts, a man that misses his own deadlines all the time. Destroying Star Citizen is the only goal I have in my pathetic life. I'm so jealous of Vertisce because I will never be as rich and smart. And my ego will never be so big that I take posts like this one seriously.

:( EDIT: I'm sorry Vertisce. I really didn't realize that you may be really afraid of being doxxxed. Beet Wagon explained it quite well on the next page.
I am 100% sure that no one here is trying to hurt you or your family in real life. We are mostly a very nice bunch of people.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 7, 2019

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

RabbitWizard posted:

Can't wait until Vertisce gets doxxed. He is one of the most important Pro-SC people and I'd love to see Vertisce suffer for liking a video game. Derek is my friend and my mentor and I cling to his every word without questioning. I will celebrate his doxxing as an accomplishment because I am a poor and just so mad that I can't afford a nice ship. I don't have a brain which makes me to dumb to understand the brilliance of Chris Roberts, a man that misses his own deadlines all the time. Destroying Star Citizen is the only goal I have in my pathetic life. I'm so jealous of Vertisce because I will never be as rich and smart. And my ego will never be so big that I take posts like this one seriously.

hosed up if true.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Wow that's some Devin Nunes-level projection right there.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

You shouldn't joke about doxxing him because there's a 100% chance he'll believe it, imo.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

RabbitWizard posted:

Sounds like something a Vertisce alt would say

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

The post linked in tojal's comment:

In case you read this, tojal (or toejam, if you prefer):
What exactly is Reddit supposed to do about us screenshotting your posts and discussing/laughing about them here in a separate forum? If you get downvoted, it's not because of some imaginary brigading on our part, but rather because your fellow redditors find you obnoxious and wrong in your posts. Make better posts and the problem goes away.

Also, apologies to mickdude2 and the other CoE subreddit mods for any trouble the goonfearing, paranoid SC fans are causing you on your unrelated subreddit.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Vertisce, you should re-evaluate your life choices if you get scammed so easily. Also do you think you wouldn't have to take your parent's money for a necessacity like a new car if you weren't spending so much money on Star Citizen? Seek help.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Bofast posted:

Also, apologies to mickdude2 and the other CoE subreddit mods for any trouble the goonfearing, paranoid SC fans are causing you on your unrelated subreddit.

I'm also sorry someone is spending time moderating a subreddit for a game that is destined to fail.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Hey Citizens, just know that I’m doxing you left and right day after day. Because, when I finally dox all of you, Star Citizen will then be bad and the goons will have won.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Daztek posted:

You shouldn't joke about doxxing him because there's a 100% chance he'll believe it, imo.

Honestly it doesn't really seem to matter either way. He just ignores the posts that make it clear it's a joke.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

colonelwest posted:

Hey Citizens, just know that I’m doxing you left and right day after day. Because, when I finally dox all of you, Star Citizen will then be bad and the goons will have won.
gently caress! This post just doxxed me something fierce :(

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

We need Derek for doxxing this fierce. Last I heard he was pretty good at it. Good thing he's on our side!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, I remember when he outed Leonard Skinley.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

And this forum could be used in a court of law, should he decide to sue based on....(checks notes)...people being mean on the internet.

More seriously, finding out that vertical is apparently all about the projection is amazeballs and makes me wonder who he’s doxxed in the past.

Also learn some loving inhibitions, vermin. Get out of your parents wallet.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Curiously, its some of the same maneuvering that Crytek did when it turned out that not many people wanted the engine.

Is this from back when Ortwin worked with Crytek?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Daztek posted:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Honestly it doesn't really seem to matter either way. He just ignores the posts that make it clear it's a joke.

It really doesn't matter. If it fits his narrative, he'll take it as proof. I don't read about SC much but here, and every time I read something from that idiot or the other scam-defenders it boils down to some of the things I said.

Someone: '"Hello, I'm a goon and I'm unhappy with the latest patch"
Vetisce: "Oh yeah? You are from a hate-group and here's a random, out of context quote proving my delusion. Thus your argument is invalid."

Wow, such discussion skills.

But I'm sure my face will be so red if *current buzzword* gets implemented next patch. Jokes on them, I barely even take time to play good and released video games, and SC will never be either.

Coming up: Vertisce wondering why I - a person with no interest in the game - is so invested in it that I would write a post about it. Must be some Agenda or brainwashing.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, I remember when he outed Leonard Skinley.

One of the classics :gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

One of the classics :gary:

If we leave out all the SC classics, I would rank it as #1.