Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Although N64 and GC seemed to hold up longer than modern ones.

N64 sticks are terrible, our practice space has four of them and we fight over the green one when we play Mario Kart or w/e bc it's the only one where the analog stick doesn't feel weird or hosed up somehow. There was a fifth one but the pad on top of the stick completely broke off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tayter Swift posted:

Why the gently caress do these lack online?

:lol::lol:

The 360 versions had online play at launch.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Tokyo Mirage Sessions pre-order is up. Is game good?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How do you feel about child labor

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

From what I've read Carcassonne sounds like a pretty bad version of the game. It's too bad because the last gen version of the game isn't that great either.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Memnaelar posted:

It's the real Persona 5.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

No Wave posted:

analog sticks were a mistake. there has to be a better solution to 360 degree movement that isnt as failure prone. Although N64 and GC seemed to hold up longer than modern ones.

I have a DualShock from 1998 that still works fine and I still use on my PC with an adapter. JoyCons are uniquely bad because they are so low profile.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Is Starlink worth $10?

Yeah, go for it. Just be aware you spend most of the time on terra firma.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

From what I've read Carcassonne sounds like a pretty bad version of the game. It's too bad because the last gen version of the game isn't that great either.

Which is wild, because I remember playing a version on an iPhone 5 and it was pretty flawless.

I also remember the Catan around that same time being bad for solo, because the AI would trade with itself but I could never get the AI to trade with me without making it crazy unbalanced against myself.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Takoluka posted:

It's the real Persona 5.

Would that make Persona 5 Persona 6 or was there something about 5 that wasn't particularly Persona for you?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wish I didn’t impulse buy that lovely marvel game with my voucher so I could’ve spent it on TMS. I have one left but that’s for Animal Crossing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Would that make Persona 5 Persona 6 or was there something about 5 that wasn't particularly Persona for you?

A lot of people here just don't like persona 5, that's why you're going to see a lot of support for a game 5k people played.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Huxley posted:

Which is wild, because I remember playing a version on an iPhone 5 and it was pretty flawless.

I also remember the Catan around that same time being bad for solo, because the AI would trade with itself but I could never get the AI to trade with me without making it crazy unbalanced against myself.

The 360 version is functional (and backwards compatible) but after every game it spends forever tallying the score and it's unskippable.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone else get Heroland? My copy is coming in tomorrow. I somehow hadn't heard of it until last week and I'm intrigued by it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Tae posted:

A lot of people here just don't like persona 5, that's why you're going to see a lot of support for a game 5k people played.

Weird. 5 had issues, but they weren't exactly any different from the ones I had with 3 and 4. And all were certified Good Games.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Memnaelar posted:

Persona 6. P5 was a good game.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
5 is the best gameplay wise but far and away the weakest in terms of story and characters. It starts off really strong and is a very, very gradual slide into disappointment. Those first 40 hours are superb though. Gameplay is great all the way through.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Persona 5 royal is also the real persona 5

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

personal royale with cheese

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

If you want to pay $60 for a patch sure

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tae posted:

Much like the original P5, there are no save files that transfer to it!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Still waiting for Shin Megami Tensei V, to be released never.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Huxley posted:

The iOS version of Carcassonne is one of the most polished mobile board game conversions out there, which is even more impressive because it was also one of the first. Unfortunately all of the other versions are completely unrelated.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Memnaelar posted:

If you like playing Persona but burn out on them about 25-30 hours in then you’ll probably like it. It’s kind of shallow compared to both games it draws from and the central conceit is the whole disposable Asian pop star scene.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

We're in the switch thread with full price ports

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Mercury Crusader posted:

Still waiting for Shin Megami Tensei V, to be released never.

it'll be out by the end of 2020

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tokyo Mirage Sessions has a generally more happy outlook for the characters, more akin to the Persona 4 aesthetic. The battle system basically replaced the SMT physical attack types with the Fire Emblem weapon types and called it a day. Otherwise you've got a Persona in the form of a Fire Emblem character and are taking on people possessed by the spirit of an evil Fire Emblem character who just so happens to be the boss for the job you're sent out on.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Live Free posted:

it'll be out by the end of 2020

that's pretty optimistic

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Yeah, I dunno how Atlus can get SMTV out by the end of 2020, what with all the Persona 5 spinoffs they're making, both announced and unannounced, for the next ten years.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Going through Gris. I've noticed there are things to collect. I've found some but I'm sure I've missed others. Is it fine if I keep on trucking? Feels like stopping would ruin the flow.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TMS is a fun Atlus one-off, but I wouldn't really compare it to Persona beyond the surface level of the premise. It's entirely a small-scale, hub+dungeons JRPG without any social or calendar elements.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I think developers assume board games don't need much more than a basic implementation of the game and some pretty graphics. Lots of em seem to have a terrible interface and a poor understanding of mechanics.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

No Wave posted:

analog sticks were a mistake. there has to be a better solution to 360 degree movement that isnt as failure prone. Although N64 and GC seemed to hold up longer than modern ones.

I think it's called "buying a controller from any other company" my PS4 controller from 2015 doesn't drift. My 360 sticks from 2006 don't drift. Yet the Joycon I've had less than a year? It drifts

Tae posted:

We're in the switch thread with full price ports

If P5R were coming to the Switch it wouldn't be a complaint and instead it would be "thank you for letting me pay $60 for a patch so that I can play this on God's System"

Len fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 7, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tayter Swift posted:

Why the gently caress do these lack online?
to make you play on the couch with your friends

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

This is why you never play a base Persona. After FES and Golden, Royal was always just a matter of time.

I just wish it was coming to the Switch so I would actually play it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Len posted:

If P5R were coming to the Switch it wouldn't be a complaint and instead it would be "thank you for letting me pay $60 for a patch so that I can play this on God's System"

P5 isn't available on Switch, so it'd be like buying a new game for a system that hasn't had it yet.

If you buy P5R on PS4, you can't even transfer your save. It makes you play the game again, from scratch, and doesn't give you enough content to justify it not just being DLC.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Takoluka posted:

P5 isn't available on Switch, so it'd be like buying a new game for a system that hasn't had it yet.

If you buy P5R on PS4, you can't even transfer your save. It makes you play the game again, from scratch, and doesn't give you enough content to justify it not just being DLC.

Oh word? P5R won't even let you start your new game plus on it? Lame.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Takoluka posted:

If only there wasn't precedent with Atlas doing that exact thing with Persona 3 anyone buying a Persona game at launch knows what they're doing to themselves

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

bowmore posted:

to make you play on the couch with your friends

Why would I play a video game implementation of a board game with friends when I could play the physical board game? It's only like $25 on Amazon and more tactile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Doesn't MS2 come with the first one?

Yeah, there's no particular point in getting the first one.